1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Arizer Solo

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Rockwise, May 27, 2011.

1. gosaints420

gosaints420 Well-Known Member

where are you getting the new male conn. that fits into the Solo? I looked into this long before I found FC but couldn't find a new end for the ps2 slim charger.

2. VaporGuy

VaporGuy Lets Get Baked

Technically it should work. The slight higher Amp rating is a plus. I'am going to order me one. Thanks m0sh for the tip:tup:

m0sh likes this.
  3. m0sh

m0sh Singer Song Writer Stoner

I'm not sure...I will see when I get it... but my guy from the office can cut the connector and put a new one...
    I found one in ebay but lost it...perhaps tomorrow at work ill view my history...do u have the dimensions of the solo connector perhaps?

Glad I could help!

4. thesoloman

thesoloman Well-Known Member

I once made a car charger by taking the head of a PSP slim charger and hooking it up to a cig lighter out put, you can always get a psp slim charger and decapitate that bitch, and splice the head onto your ps2 charger.

5. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

If I were you guys I would not do it. Like Fred said earlier in the thread someone had tried it and I guess the adapter started on fire. Or almost did. Sounds like a hazard to me and for the price of the actual charger IMHO I really wouldn't risk it.

vape4life, Monti and Kaptan like this.
  6. thesoloman

thesoloman Well-Known Member

are you talking about my car charger method? or hooking it up to the homemade wall charger?

7. m0sh

Listen man, I don't know what they used but this should not be a problem if the adapter itself is in good condition, I will test its voltage in a lab just because your posts here and I will get back to you guys.

8. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

They used the same thing your about to use. The PS2 slim deal.

9. m0sh

Thanks for the info, I will be careful...at least it only cost me 7.5$

In those cases, were there any damage to the unit themselves or just the adapter?

10. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

I believe just the adapter but that's because they caught it in time.

11. m0sh

Well then...wish me luck.

12. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

I do not know if this would make a difference or not ?
    but
    My Solo PA has 3 prongs and the PS has only 2 prongs .

I would hate to see you kill a $ 160 Solo with an $ 8 adapter .

vape4life and Dreamerr like this.
  13. m0sh

I highly doubt it needs 3 prongs, yet I can change the cable

Please, wait for my analysis, I will check it carefully in the lab and will ask everything with a profesinal... not to be cocky I just took your notes.
    If you can name a specific member who overheat, that could be great...

Someone asked about a plug connector? could this be good ?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270791156...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_4305wt_932

14. Frederick McGuire

Frederick McGuire Aggressively Loungey

I did some searching, here's a relevant post:

15. m0sh

Thanks a lot for this, it does sound like a problem without even using the solo, I will be sure checking that its all in tact...I will have a nice chat with my co worker and he might look inside to determine if its any quality...

but again, it you have an adapter that have the same tech specs and you know it to be quality made - get it.

OK - asked my co-worker, judging the post you quoted, the adapter is simply damaged and not good for use, this doesn't indicate a problem with the electric current but I can easily find out if my adapter is broken...

16. Frederick McGuire

In my searching, I did see reference to someone bricking their solo with a ps2 slim power adapter, but I couldn't find a direct post about it :shrug:

I hope it all works for ya :)

17. m0sh

Thanks mate... :)

18. pendiente45

pendiente45 New Member

Hello,

An AC latop adapter will work with solo?

19. m0sh

As what? no.

The solo is battery powered it doesn't need a laptop adapter...the EQ does tho.

20. pendiente45

pendiente45 New Member

What I really meant was if I can use the charger for my laptop to use in my Arizer Solo use battery without it. Connected to the grid as a VRIP.
    sorry for my english

o

21. vape4life

vape4life Banned for life

Are you guys sure it was the ps2 slim? From what I can remember (and could very well be wrong here), it was the regular ps2 adapter that was causing issues?

Regardless, i'd just stick with the OEM adapter as expensive as it is. Randy from PIU hooked me up with one for only $30. My beef is that damn 12 min. time applies with the battery bypass too, so you have to keep unplugging/plugging for consecutive seshes otherwise your shut off timer could be alot shorter than you think.

22. m0sh

V4L - they did use PS2 slim. : http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-130#post-164649

I told you guys, its a matter of quality! if the adapter I bought it built nice then there sure be no problems period! this is basic electricity...there's no real difference...but I failed to find any other 8.5 adapter... I would probably end up not using it anyway...

Its ok the answer is still no.

vape4life likes this.
  23. Frederick McGuire

The original PS2 didn't have an adapter, you just plugged a regular C7 power cord into it.
    (I've still got 1 [Or 2:lol:] PS2 in my collection somewhere:tup:)

24. VaporGuy

VaporGuy Lets Get Baked

I tend to agree with m0sh, this is basic electricity. correct voltage & correct Amp rating there is no reason for the adapter not to work, unless it was defective to begin with.

Ben Katz likes this.
  25. gosaints420

gosaints420 Well-Known Member

Chinese knock off adapters have a tendency to do this but a real PS adapter or a good knock off should be fine if you could get the right plug on the end.

Wow, I think that would work. For $3.70 I'll order one and find out.

vape4life likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors