• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

Curiousone

Hi all, Been a daily smoker for 30 years and started to feel the effects on my lung function. Recently became aware of this technology so decided to try vaping. Originally ordered a no2 but returned it due to bad reviews on here and the size,design, and ugliness of that unit ( too much plastic ). Read most of the reviews on here and by chance happened upon the Solo m107 on ebay from the same guy as the purple dude talks about on here for 140. Waiting with anticipation to try my first vape ever! Thanks to all for all the usefull info on here. I love my herb so I will make a good lab rat for all those out there wondering if vaping is for them.
I'm in the same boat as you...received my No2 last week and sent it back the next day. I've been a steady smoker for over 10 years and the No2 just wasn't cutting it for me.

I'm trying to decide between the Pax and Solo. While I expect the Solo to have an edge in terms of vapor production, I think the portability of the Pax might be best for. I'm awaiting your latest report. I will have to make my final decision Mon or tuesday.

For current owners, which is best for conserving material? and is the difference in vapor quality that much?

Curiousone,

natural farmer

I'm in the same boat as you...received my No2 last week and sent it back the next day. I've been a steady smoker for over 10 years and the No2 just wasn't cutting it for me.

I'm trying to decide between the Pax and Solo. While I expect the Solo to have an edge in terms of vapor production, I think the portability of the Pax might be best for. I'm awaiting your latest report. I will have to make my final decision Mon or tuesday.

For current owners, which is best for conserving material? and is the difference in vapor quality that much?

If you need portability AND stealth then you'd better look the Inhalater way... :myday: It can conserve too if you can control your urge to fill the herb chamber to its fullest. I wouldn't even compare the Solo and Inhalater with the PAX... Much superior devices both of them in my book. :2c:

Curiousone

If you need portability AND stealth then you'd better look the Inhalater way... :myday: It can conserve too if you can control your urge to fill the herb chamber to its fullest. I wouldn't even compare the Solo and Inhalater with the PAX... Much superior devices both of them in my book. :2c:
what didn't you like about the pax?

Curiousone,

hoptimum

If you want to get an idea of how portable the solo will be, buy a can of red bull. Theyre pretty close to the same size. You'd also probably want to get one of ed's wooden stems for portability since the stock solo stems are somewhat fragile.

hoptimum,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I am being lazy but will get the pic of the stem up before I do anything.

If you want to conserve pax is not the way to go according the pax users in general. I have not had a pax just read the threads up until a few days ago. I love the solo but for outside I still use the INH. I have vaped in front of people and nobody even blinks. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that with other vapes. We all have our personal line and thoughts of being comfortable. I just think the INH especially with the black smooth flow tip looks like a e-cigg.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: vorrange

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
Solo for portability is where it's at. I walked over to my botanical sales rep's place the other evening and took my Solo to enjoy my walk home. He happened to see the stock straight glass stem sticking out of my pocket and very aggressively asked me if I had brought a Crack pipe into his place!?! I quickly pulled the stem and Solo out and showed him the technology behind the portable vaporizer. He ground up some material and was ready to try this device out. After 2 stems he had his computer out and was ordering a unit from PlanetVape.com stating he had never experienced a vaporizer like that before. I laughed at his spontaneity but at the same time completely understood it, thinking about if I had been in his shoes. This portable vaporizer has helped me turn on at least 2 HEAVY smokers/anti-vaporists to the vaporizing community, And I'm sure I will be able to turn on a lot more with the power of the Solo...

Edit: This wasn't the first time my Solo Stock Straight Stem got mistaken for a Crack pipe. Anyone else have people question their stems?!? And we can skip the homeless guy beard/crackhead jokes :) I DON'T Smoke/Vape Crack!! lol

Dreamerr

The fact that he asked if it was a crack pipe makes my point. People will question the solo unless you stick it in something. Also loading glass out isn't that easy. I hit the stem on my steering wheel the one of I think two times I took it out. I was sitting in the car and was changing loads. I didn't break it but it was enough for me to say this is not portable on the run but portable to go somewhere specific. Just my opinion. We all have different needs.

glthegamemaster

Video of me describing my crappy solo situation, and attempting to take hits >_<. Also, I've kept on the bowl for awhile after this and still no vapor, just in case you guys will say "oh well the first hits shouldn't have vapor" and stuff.

The weed very slowly turns brown and stuff, but even still shouldn't I get vapor and get high as hell? How many bowls should I have to smoke? Because I've tried like 3/4 but that takes FOREVER and also didn't do as much as it should have.

glthegamemaster,

Dreamerr

Video of me describing my crappy solo situation, and attempting to take hits >_<. Also, I've kept on the bowl for awhile after this and still no vapor, just in case you guys will say "oh well the first hits shouldn't have vapor" and stuff.

The weed very slowly turns brown and stuff, but even still shouldn't I get vapor and get high as hell? How many bowls should I have to smoke? Because I've tried like 3/4 but that takes FOREVER and also didn't do as much as it should have.

Your vid says private please fix it.

Dreamerr,

glthegamemaster

Fixed, sorry. And also on a sidenote it takes me MANY hits to actually get all the green out of a bowl, like an obnoxious amount of hits. Prolly like 20 min per bowl at least

glthegamemaster,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
@ glthegamemaster: first thing I noticed, you did not insert your stem all the way into the heat core. The new ones, the stem is a little hard to insert the first few times. Also, it helps to insert the loaded stem into the heat chamber before you warm it up, let the stem heat with it, and you will get much better results, but first you need to properly insert the stem. A good example to look at here is this vid:skip ahead to about min. 2:20 if you want to see the part about the stems, but it's good to watch the entire vid., might also want to compress your herb instead of just leaving it fluffy in the stem, it will keep it from falling down into the heat core as much, and vape better, just don't press it in so tight you can't get air through, you don't want to over stuff it either. I think you just need to get past this first learning curve and you will get it. Glad you are sticking it out and trying to work with it rather than just giving up.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Do you have your stem inserted all the way so that the glass is touching the bottom of the heating chamber? Some are hard to get in all the way at first. :shrug:

:peace:

Edit: Jam beat me to it.

Dreamerr

Ah I give you a like anyhow stu hehe.
@glthegamemaster My solo and I had a huge fight when I first got it. Yes I fight with inadimate objects. The stem is a bitch to put in but it has to be in to work. Your stem is so far out it may as well be in the box. I bet you are going to laugh about this when you get it working. I get very good vape on 3 my preferred level.

So I don't think this stem is hot chocolate ready but it is so bothering me lol. What do you think?http://fuckcombustion.com/members/glthegamemaster.12259/
316n7mw.jpg

Dreamerr,

glthegamemaster

@ glthegamemaster: first thing I noticed, you did not insert your stem all the way into the heat core. The new ones, the stem is a little hard to insert the first few times. Also, it helps to insert the loaded stem into the heat chamber before you warm it up, let the stem heat with it, and you will get much better results, but first you need to properly insert the stem. A good example to look at here is this vid:skip ahead to about min. 2:20 if you want to see the part about the stems, but it's good to watch the entire vid., might also want to compress your herb instead of just leaving it fluffy in the stem, it will keep it from falling down into the heat core as much, and vape better, just don't press it in so tight you can't get air through, you don't want to over stuff it either. I think you just need to get past this first learning curve and you will get it. Glad you are sticking it out and trying to work with it rather than just giving up.

THANK YOU. IT HITS LIKE A BEAST NOW :D can't believe I didn't realize I didn't have it all the way in haha. Thanks soooooo much :)

Dreamerr

That is what this site is for so pay it forward. Welcome pull up a chair and stay a while. When I first got the solo before I got used to it I used it on 4 but now after learning it 3 is plenty.

poonman

I stand corrected .
It is user error .

Dude , push in the stem all the way down .
we should not even be able to see the herb .

edit :
Once the Solo is heated up , slowly twist in the stem .
Try not to smack your forehead too hard , because your enjoyment will start immediately .:)

poonman,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:clap: glad to help you work it out, enjoy!

*also a shout out to Vapor S Thompson for putting together the awesome instructional video. It helped me when I was new, and I have used it many times to help other people along the way. :wave:

jambandphan03,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
THANK YOU. IT HITS LIKE A BEAST NOW :D can't believe I didn't realize I didn't have it all the way in haha. Thanks soooooo much :)

so glad you got help and its working!!! i see another solo lover in training!!

as for the portability debate.... if you build the McDonalds cup mod, and use the stealth adapter with a straw it is very portable. i went to a fellow vapor users house like that and he had no idea. he thought i stopped for a drink at McDonalds. i used it today like that as well.

mmenzie,

poonman

I personally don't think it's enough for a strong dose of hot chocolate .
Especially for you Dreamerr .....
To each own needs . I've had mine stained up more for a stronger kick .

I found a small bubbler and used some o rings to attach my Solo to it .
And now I've been water/vaping on level 6 . That stains it up even more .
I haven't try much on 7 b/c the taste is still a bit harsh for me .

poonman,
just saw the vid. See now that is why vids are needed, because from what you were explaining you had a shitty unit. I also noticed you didn't put the stem in all the way. Glad you got it all worked out now.

VapeNStone,
Reactions: smokum

Dreamerr

Thanks poonman I agree so I will wait and show it again next time all oiled up. I bought that little bubbler clone and I still only use the solo on 4. I hate harsh so I doubt will use any vape that high. I tried all my vapes at higher levels at some point but hate the taste and harshness. I guess I am losing out on some meds but it is what it is.

Dreamerr,

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
Wait on it if you can for stronger Hot Chocolate. The more you use it in water at a higher temp, the more oil will collect...This is what my stem looks like now, and was a little more oily last time I did Hot Chocolate with nice results.
af0e049584581a1ee959e20151733a2e_zps3dad22af.jpg

JSteez4205,
Top Bottom