• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I wanto to share my new percolator with you, hope you like!

js3EO.jpg

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Got my new and shiny solo!!! was it always shiny like this?

My model is M1A4 if anyone is interested...

Ok for sure the color was not as shiny...also the heat chamber looks a little bit different than my M107

EDIT : well this is sliver coating for sure, it doesn't smell nice ... I'm keeping the solo fully heated for a session or 2 before usage.

Bouldorado

@m0sh Where did you order your solo from? I got mine in the mail yesterday and the model is M1A3. It's also black, so that could account for the difference.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the solo. Coming from the lsv (which tends to roast bowls in a couple hits) I'm very impressed how evenly the solo vapes. Also, how are you supposed to pack the stems? I've only vaped 3 or 4 so far, but it seems they have to be packed down pretty well to avoid material falling into the chamber. As for the chamber, has anyone put a screen in there? It seems that those little air holes will inevitably become clogged up if material keeps falling in (especially keif)

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
@m0sh Where did you order your solo from? I got mine in the mail yesterday and the model is M1A3. It's also black, so that could account for the difference.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the solo. Coming from the lsv (which tends to roast bowls in a couple hits) I'm very impressed how evenly the solo vapes. Also, how are you supposed to pack the stems? I've only vaped 3 or 4 so far, but it seems they have to be packed down pretty well to avoid material falling into the chamber. As for the chamber, has anyone put a screen in there? It seems that those little air holes will inevitably become clogged up if material keeps falling in (especially keif)

Replacement sent directly from Arizer...super fast EMS shippment...however I hope never to get another EMS package...those ****ers charged me with 50$ to release it from customs...and also my LSV is being check by the customs...

I will be testing my new solo very soon :D

EDIT: LOL , the PVHES GoNG won't fit yet...haha...made it after its been heating up for few mins...it was tough

EDIT2: Oh oh I missed you Solo! such a bliss...

Bouldorado, yes we do put a screen and grind the herb finely ... I also put a screen on top of it all...check out the high efficiency stems they are a beast

I would keep my stock stems without a screen...last time I used a stock was in Amsterdam and I didn't need a screen, I just used my hands and it was great...

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
I wanto to share my new percolator with you, hope you like!

js3EO.jpg

AWESOME setup man!!! I hope you don't have any cats running around in your house LOL !

.....but it seems they have to be packed down pretty well to avoid material falling into the chamber. As for the chamber, has anyone put a screen in there? It seems that those little air holes will inevitably become clogged up if material keeps falling in (especially keif)

I was wondering about that as well, can those holes get clogged?

I found that using a piece of fine silkscreen ( the kind you use for printing, which also is used sometimes to make screens to produce hash) on the bottom of the stem (cut neatly to size....), keeps those 4 holes clean, you can also put that underneath a domed screen, the mazes of the silkscreen are much finer than a metal screen and will eventually get clogged as well, to clean you can use some alcohol.

Update on my defective Solo:
....there have been some changes, charging doesn't work though the charger seems oké (red light shows), when I plug it in all I get on the unit is the red 'charge' light and the blue "idle" light..so it still is...., but I can use it at the moment using the power adaptor.

Update on my defective PC:
My regular PC still is broken but on it's way to get fixed, seems MB was blown!!!

Only after I get my other PC back I can make some video again because this old one that I am working on now is something like a dinosaur.

That's what you get when you get used to those fast machines.....

Having a dead PC all at once seems to be fitting into the category of running into something like a severe medical condition, like a stroke or a heart attack....

But it seems all my data are safe, so that is quite reassuring.

THANKS to all those sending their powerful positive peace vibes my way, really appriciated...:bowdown:

Red Indy,
Reactions: jardri

Armerad

Dabbin'
My regular PC still is broken but on it's way to get fixed, seems MB was blown!!!

Only after I get my other PC back I can make some video again because this old one that I am working on now is something like a dinosaur.

That's what you get when you get used to those fast machines.....

Having a dead PC all at once seems to be fitting into the category of running into something like a severe medical condition, like a stroke or a heart attack....

But it seems all my data are safe, so that is quite reassuring.

THANKS to all those sending their powerful positive peace vibes...:bowdown:

Sucks to hear about your PC. Hope you can get it sorted out quickly.

My video card has been dead since mid December, but they wouldn't do any shipping for warranty/exchange until 1/3/13. I'll finally be getting the piece back from UPS on Monday.

Armerad,

Armerad

Dabbin'
I haven't hit a DG myself, but I've heard the extreme diffusion kills the flavor substantially. Any truth to that?

Armerad,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I haven't hit a DG myself, but I've heard the extreme diffusion kills the flavor substantially. Any truth to that?

My friend - I promise you that is NOT true. The only thing I find is that with the mass diffusion I lose the ability to tell when I have taken in too much. Usually I can gauge without looking when it's time to pull. My favorite - is the sound the DG makes while bubbling. With the cloud, because of the airpath its sounds like a gurrgle.

mvapes,
Reactions: jardri

Armerad

Dabbin'
My friend - I promise you that is NOT true. The only thing I find is that with the mass diffusion I lose the ability to tell when I have taken in too much. Usually I can gauge without looking when it's time to pull. My favorite - is the sound the DG makes while bubbling. With the cloud, because of the airpath its sounds like a gurrgle.
Glad to hear it.
I heard it from someone who was dabbing through it, but hadn't ever tried it with a vape. I suppose it's an oil only problem.

Armerad,
Reactions: mvapes

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
It does limit the flavour somewhat, but no more so than any other high diffusion piece IME.
(That whoosh on the clear of a fritter is my favourite sound of any of my glassware :tup:)

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Hi again. I took some photos of my newest invention: Zero cost solo bong adaptor and whip. Used things I found home and works pretty well!
Here you can see all the items separated:

fFfdp.jpg

And now everithing fit together

34BbC.jpg

Had to use my solo with my custom-made steel bowl because otherwise it didn´t properly vape even at 7. My solo is M102 anybody knows why?

jardri,
Reactions: Red Indy

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Ok I don't have that stuff in my house especially the glass piece you have in the picture. I need to go by rings or grommets. I think on the solo I may permanently put a piece of tubing at the end flush with the end to make it thicker which should mate well with a 18mm.

Dreamerr,

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Ok I don't have that stuff in my house especially the glass piece you have in the picture. I need to go by rings or grommets. I think on the solo I may permanently put a piece of tubing at the end flush with the end to make it thicker which should mate well with a 18mm.

Glass piece is a Black Leaf cheap percolator ;-) wasn´t talking about that when said "Zero cost". I was referring at the connections used. I can´t get easy access to a pvegong so i made myself a rubber adapter from a chair´s "shoe" (don´t know exact word if any moderator could fix this I´d appreciate) and I made a whip because that percolator is not for using that way.

Toastface_Killah

Just got my solo in the mail and am pleasantly suprised with how hefty/sturdy the unit feels. My only problem is, I'm really confused because I set the unit to the desired heat, it heats up and the heat light blinks, then once it stops blinking and is at what I'm assuming is the proper temp for the setting, it doesnt go more than 10 seconds without the heat light coming back on to blink. It stops blinking again and then the process repeats.

What does this mean? Did I get a broken unit or is it just something as simple as the unit noticing very minor heat changes and this is just normal.

Toastface_Killah,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I got the m107 from ebay member "racksonic" ($145 shipped) in today. It's charging now. It is indeed a m107. I briefly powered it on it only had 2 on the battery level, so I decided to give it a solid charge before I try to heat it up and do the initial burn off.

My plan is to use this one for a while, and put my first one away (since I know it works well right now) and make sure this one functions as it should. I use my solo daily, at night/morning mostly when I wake up at odd hours and need a quick load to help put me back to bed. I hope this is a good unit, I'll be breaking it in soon :ko:.

jambandphan03,

HSIHP

Just got my solo in the mail and am pleasantly suprised with how hefty/sturdy the unit feels. My only problem is, I'm really confused because I set the unit to the desired heat, it heats up and the heat light blinks, then once it stops blinking and is at what I'm assuming is the proper temp for the setting, it doesnt go more than 10 seconds without the heat light coming back on to blink. It stops blinking again and then the process repeats.

What does this mean? Did I get a broken unit or is it just something as simple as the unit noticing very minor heat changes and this is just normal.

I'm pretty sure this is just how the unit works. The Blinking means that the heating element is actually heating up. The heater doesn't just stay on like a SSV, if comes on and off to regulate the temp.

The rubber would work but it would mate perfectly to a 14mm. If you have a 18mm you would need an adapter(ie reducer).

VapeNStone,

Dreamerr

I don't understand why it wouldn't work. I did it yesterday with a long SSV tube. I worked it onto the end of the solo and shoved the other end in an 18mm hole of the pipe. It fit tight. So my idea was to just not have extra tubing and cut it and leave it on the solo. Please explain.

Dreamerr,

Dreamerr

That was what I was told, 18.9 to be exact, whether that is right:hmm:...it is the New Tinier Infamous $40 Vapor Brothers Hydrator No Name Knock-Off. If it helps it measures an inch across the opening. I was told the removable mouth piece hole is 14mm.

Edit: I think I figured out your confusion since the SSV tube is 1/2", the downstem tapers so if you put it in about an inch it fits tight which is at the end of the ground opening.

Dreamerr,

gosaints420

normal

gosaints420,
Top Bottom