1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Arizer Solo

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Rockwise, May 27, 2011.

1. Red Indy

Red Indy Low carbon PSYCHONAUT

The model I have is a M107.
    I have seen the redlight flash up only once.
    Thanks for that info!

Seems like the battery, though strong, also is the weakest link for the Solo.
    I read many, many, many reviews saying ppl are able to get 4 hrs of use from one fully charged battery.

The same questions I posted here I have sent to Arizer and this was their answer:

Like me I know that there will be many of you who read the initial advertisements selling the Solo, so all these ppl now know that those ads lie about the performance of the battery and that makes it all look quite fishy to me!!!
    The Arizer site is the only site where it says that the battery will last you 1-2 hrs. per charge, all other sites of resellers are talking about a 3-4 hrs performance of the battery, some even 6!!!!.
    Than also remains the question how it is possible that many ppl are reporting a performance of use upto 12-14 x 12 mins.

Another thing I want to talk about is the replacement of the battery.
    NO WHERE...not on any of the advertisements I read and not even on the Arizer site, is there any mention of the fact that, after about 3 years of use the battery dies and needs to be replaced.
    This fact will only surface after you sit there one day with an empty battery that won't charge anymore.
    I think I am going to get myself a new battery and replace it so I can compare it.

Are there any FC'ers who have done this and can give some advice from their own experience?

I found this thread with some advice and howto pictures about the replacement :
    http://forum.grasscity.com/vaporizers/1020444-arizer-solo-battery-mod-tutorial.html

I contacted Arizer on this subject as well and they are saying that you have to contact them or any authorized reseller to get the replacement battery, but nowhere on any of those sites is there any information about the battery and what you can replace it with......nor does any of them mention the fact that the battery will eventually have to be replaced!!!
  2. natural farmer

natural farmer god is in the neurons...

Soooooooo, exactly how many years would you expect a pair of batteries to last if you don't mind me asking? :smug:
  3. Red Indy

It says that after 3 years the battery will have to be replaced!

Are there any FC'ers who have done this and can give some advice from their own experience? (also read my previous post)
  4. Frederick McGuire

Frederick McGuire Aggressively Loungey

I believe the point natural farmer was trying to make (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that 3 years is quite a long time for a battery to last (especially in a high use scenario like the solo).

Absolutely any (rechargable) battery is going to have a lifespan where it will start to lose performance after a prolonged period of time.
    I don't see warnings on *any* consumer electronics warning that the batteries will need to be replaced, it is (or should be) expected at some point.
    :2c:

I haven't needed to replace my battery yet so I can't help you with that unfortunately.
    natural farmer likes this.
  5. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

I just have one quesition... we had a few links to GC today and it was gems that CentiZen put on there. Now that begs the question why oh why Mr. Zen aren't you putting goodies on here?
  6. Frederick McGuire

Frederick McGuire Aggressively Loungey

Dreamerr and musicisevil like this.
  7. Red Indy

If you please could give some more links on the subject of replacing battery etc, the search engine on FC doesn't really turn up much usable stuff on my side!

Is there somewhere a 1on1 tutorial video on the subject?
    I really like to get informed a little more before I start to open up this thing, not being that technical myself and such....:\
  8. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

I do know that somewhere deep in this thread there was a detailed post about removing the battery... I am just not going to do your homework for ya :D so I'd say comb back about half way through this thread and poke around. I do remember seeing it a few months back.
    Sleepin in CA and JSteez4205 like this.
  9. ataxian

ataxian California

I have two SOLO's because the flavor was so good on my first one.
    The first one was a M107.
    The second unit had a newer and a different model number.
    My first one works strong.
    The second one is weak and 1/2 the strength of the first one.
    It could be a defective battery?
    Don't get me wrong I love my first SOLO.
    The second unit is a LEMON.
    Here I am stuck with a LEMON.
    Now I have nothing to loose.
    Time to take it apart and find a replacement battery for my LEMON.
    There is no replacement batteries on the ARISER web site offered however there are plenty of experts to find me a replacement.
    I will take the LEMON apart and replace the battery and see if that improves and eliminate the LEMON factor?
    In the meantime I still have my older unit that works well!
    [​IMG]
  10. Kaptan

Kaptan Well-Known Member

I think the firmware has been changed on some models. I don't think the battery is your problem.
  11. m0sh

m0sh Singer Song Writer Stoner

Horrible?

My unit died and few days after that Arizer is sending me an EMS package with a new solo, that is amazing service.
  12. ataxian

ataxian California

Maybe I should just toss it?
    If it's the firmware I can't fix it.
    The battery no problem however if it's something else I give up.
    I still have my M107 that works well.
    b0 likes this.
  13. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

how do you replace the battery on an iphone? :D I think you guys sometimes just go over the top with your demands. I agree with NF, the battery lasts long enough.

It does not seem difficult to replace it either, there are screws in the bottom that give direct acess to it and there are batteries being sold on amazon. What more do you expect?
    There are a lot of other vaporizers who use batteries and it is not even possible for the user to replace the battery himself..
    If you don't trust the company or don't like to change a battery after a few years, i suggest buying a plug-in vape.

I also think that Arizer won't let you hanging with a Solo that has a dead battery.. that would be the worst decision in the history of business.

What do you mean by weak? And what is your serial number on the unit that works worse? What colour is the ABV in the end? Do you tried revaping in the other model as well and compared the abv?
  14. m0sh

m0sh Singer Song Writer Stoner

It is easy to replace the battery, not that I tried but I opened up the machine and could have easily replace that...

Well I will be getting the newest model...are you saying it will work less?
  15. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

I LOVE this ^

It does look easy to replace. Unknown how well a new battery will perform.
  16. al bundy

al bundy Vaporist

Solo battery thread help?
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/c...ormance-battery-packs.6835/page-3#post-307865

swap the batteries and see what happens.

to remove battery

remove the 4 bottom screws

remove the top of the Solo then push the Solo out of the case,through the bottom.

a small flat head to either side of the battery case and unplug the battery.reverse above,done. :)
  17. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

Nooooooo! Someone can surely find some use for it?
  18. b0

b0 Vapor powered

Toss it to my house, I will take good care of it ;) j/k
  19. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

Exactly what I was thinking. Damn, even just as a backup battery. I mean, if it's heading for the bin anyway :lol:
  20. b0

b0 Vapor powered

You already have one, don't be greedy :rofl:
  21. Red Indy

Remains the fact that non of the authorized resellers, nor Arizer, inform the customer on forehand about the fact that the battery needs replacement after some 3 yrs. and what to replace it with.
    Also they don't sell the battery as an accessory, you have to specially ask them for one by mail.

Now I read that there were a lot of issues about who can replace the battery, that you would loose your warranty if done unauthorized. But I think that issue is settled and Arizer now allows owners to change the battery by themselves but still they don't give advice on their site on how to do that.
    ataxian likes this.
  22. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

You're right. Perhaps a contest would be fair, ataxian? :lol: then I can enter and not feel bad.
  23. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

24. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

Laptop companies don't inform you that you need to do this as well but you know you have to replace it. Most vaporizer companies who use built-in vaporizer also don't sell it as an acessory but offer to replace it for a fee. I don't agree with this but it is not exclusive to Arizer.

The fact is that the batteries they use are known, easy to make and to find online, and easy to replace as well. Because of this, they were kind of forced to allow us to do the replacement, especially since there are Solo owners around the world.

So, in the end, i don't see either why you are so concerned with this and why is it such a big deal for you. What is the problem of asking for it specificaly? If they sold in the website there might be non-arizer owners who would buy them and perhaps they don't want to deal with extra work because they problably don't have profit with the batteries.. i don't know, i'm speculating now.

But, the final conclusion is: the battery last three years, they can replace it or you can and you can buy to them, to another person, or make your own.
    Any other problems, they will be happy to help.

m0sh just got a new Solo because of a problem he had in his unit and they imediately took care of it, i don't see them making a fuss about a battery that can be bought almost anywhere.
  25. musicisevil

musicisevil Active Member

As was already stated, finite lifetime is an inherent part of a rechargeable electronic device with a non user replaceable battery. The fact that the battery will die at some point is as obvious as the fact that your new car needs gas and isn't stated anywhere in the manual.
    Either return your unit as unsatisfactory or DIY a new replacement, but quit gumming up the works here by repeating the same nonsense about some lifetime of product disclosure.
    Honestly the solo is a cake-walk to piece apart, and there is even a plug on the wires leading to the battery. If you aren't comfortable after the links posted from this forum and the GC link that you posted (particularly informative), you probably shouldn't attempt it.
    natural farmer and MrNorml like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors