• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have lots of options to vape with now and still loving my Solo :luv: . It heats up fast, tastes great, and with the PVHES gong it's hitting like a champ with my 65T. I can get through my solo sesh before my cloud is even warm enough to use, so it makes for a great early morning/late night companion when I don't have time to sit and wait for heat up times. I also feel the most comfortable recommending the solo to newbies over many others, mainly due to ease of use and lower price. I've been immersed in vaporizers for a while, and it's hard to remember when $150 seemed like a lot to spend on a portable vape...so I try to stay sympathetic to somebody who smokes and looking to change. What used to be nearly free, or very cheap (rolling papers, glass pipe etc...) in order to smoke is suddenly turning into an investment. I forget how that looks from the perspective of somebody who isn't familiar, and doesn't like to spend lots of money on gadgets to begin with, like I tend to do. So I guess the point of all this is the Solo is still rocking my world, even with other toys around to play with. I'm just having an early morning vape sesh ramble over here.
:smug:

Hey Solos!

Quick question for the wood stem lovers:

I wanted to order a shorty wood stem because of using it as a wpa and outside so, the smaller size would be a plus.

BUT, Ed has warned me that some people feel the shorty gives a harsher hit (to be expected) compared to the regular length. Do you guys feel this difference in harshness would be reason enough to steer you away from the shorty?

TIA!
Does he sell the shorties by themselves now? I thought he only offered those in the solo dugouts?

VapeNStone,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I don't know really.. i am still deciding between both but Ed didn't mention i had to get a dugout to get a shorty. :)

vorrange,

musicisevil

I don't know really.. i am still deciding between both but Ed didn't mention i had to get a dugout to get a shorty. :)
Shorty bowls on any stem have never made sense to me. Couldn't diminshed capacity be achieved with more screens and/or less herb in a large bowl? It always struck me as similar to liquid measuring cups in the kitchen. Sure I COULD buy 1,2,4,6 cup measures, but I only own one. A single gigantic 8 cup. Actually, it makes less sense in stems as both sizes take up the same amount of storage space when not in use
Also, happy 20-13 to everyone on FC

musicisevil,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Shorty bowls on any stem have never made sense to me. Couldn't diminshed capacity be achieved with more screens and/or less herb in a large bowl? It always struck me as similar to liquid measuring cups in the kitchen. Sure I COULD buy 1,2,4,6 cup measures, but I only own one. A single gigantic 8 cup. Actually, it makes less sense in stems as both sizes take up the same amount of storage space when not in use
Also, happy 20-13 to everyone on FC

I'm afraid you misread the shorty part.. i was refering to the actual length of the stem. And i wasn't talking of PVHES. ;)

Less herb in a large bowl works up to a degree, i don't know about the screens though because i have not tried that.

vorrange,

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
Seems I am having some problem with the battery of my Solo unit.
The unit is bought in April 2012, so less than a year old.
But the battery performs very bad.
It is depleted within 1 hour of use at #4 and than recharges until full in about 60 minutes.
According to specifications the battery should take 3 to 4 hrs. to recharge and keep that charge for about 4 hrs of use.
To me this seems to indicate that there is a problem with the battery.
So I wonder why my battery doesn't last even 1 hour and than recharges in such a short time.
I always used it the way that is advised.

Red Indy,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Seems I am having some problem with the battery of my Solo unit.
The unit is bought in April 2012, so less than a year old.
But the battery performs very bad.
It is depleted within 1 hour of use at #4 and than recharges until full in about 60 minutes.
According to specifications the battery should take 3 to 4 hrs. to recharge and keep that charge for about 4 hrs of use.
To me this seems to indicate that there is a problem with the battery.
So I wonder why my battery doesn't last even 1 hour and than recharges in such a short time.
I always used it the way that is advised.

How do you use your solo? do you have any special stem?, it also depands on how exactly you are using it...you know it can work 3-4 probably on setting number 1... I'm using setting #5 usually and I also get around an hour which are 5 session which is pretty well...

BTW, do you charge (mostly) after each use or do you drain the battery?

If you do drain the battery, the charging should be more than 1 hour but draining the battery is not good with the new batteries it is actually better to recharge after every use if possible.

m0sh,

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
How do you use your solo? do you have any special stem?, it also depands on how exactly you are using it...you know it can work 3-4 probably on setting number 1... I'm using setting #5 usually and I also get around an hour which are 5 session which is pretty well...

BTW, do you charge (mostly) after each use or do you drain the battery?

If you do drain the battery, the charging should be more than 1 hour but draining the battery is not good with the new batteries it is actually better to recharge after every use if possible.
I don't use a special stem.
It is advised to use the battery up to 80% before recharging.

Red Indy,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Red that is exactly how mine works....Six stems on three battery is down to about one or two and then an hour to recharge. I am getting a pass through cause I personally am annoyed by the battery. I know or think i know my other vapes are also more then likely around an hours but for some reason because of the indicator it seems like the solo is way less then the others. I serious feel like I am always charging it.

Dreamerr,

Dreamerr

If I got that I would have not complained since day one. Most people I speak to recharge after 6 stems cause the battery depending on what level you used it on is 2 or less. My first unit even died a few times when I tried to do the 7th one. That is when I was doing it on level 4 now i use 3.

Edit: I get one stem per light. I don't understand how you all are getting a dozen. I just read centizens post on the other site. If you are getting a dozen that is two stems per light...in my dreamssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Dreamerr,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
If I got that I would have not complained since day one. Most people I speak to recharge after 6 stems cause the battery depending on what level you used it on is 2 or less. My first unit even died a few times when I tried to do the 7th one. That is when I was doing it on level 4 now i use 3.

Edit: I get one stem per light. I don't understand how you all are getting a dozen. I just read centizens post on the other site. If you are getting a dozen that is two stems per light...in my dreamssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Dreamer, after all the lights go out, you still have a lot of battery, like 40%.

vorrange,

Dreamerr

I was told don't go below two but I do make it to one most of the time. I don't know who to listen to anymore. I never let this one die but I can say with the old one that did break in a week I still only got one session a light and ran it to dead and I believe it was 7 and died in the middle of the 8th stem. I guess that is only four shy of your dozen but can't we mess up the battery going so low. Like I have said the battery indicator can be a curse lol.

Dreamerr,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Well, usually lithium batteries last longer if you keep the charge above 40%, hence the recommendation to not use after all the lights go out. I only use like that when i'm out of the house though, but there is really no problem.

You can replace the battery eventually.. no need to be super strict about it IMO.

vorrange,

Dreamerr

That is great to know...I think I will have to cover light one and two to manage it lol. I need three cause that is what I use it on. That makes me feel way better. So I can do 7 to 8 stems till it just will be blue instead of 6 if I am not at home to charge or I forgot. Kewl beans.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: vorrange

poonman

I don't use a special stem.
It is advised to use the battery up to 80% before recharging.
Which model # do you have ?
and
Have you seen the charging indicator light blinking red ?
That is when it's 80% spent . Just because level 1 light goes out , you still have battery life left
with just the blue light on .

It seems the M107's were the last model with the fewest problems , especially battery .

poonman,
Reactions: vorrange

al bundy

Vaporist
On the M1Axx(friends) I was able to get 3-4 stems with no light on. On the 4th stem the red charge light starts to flicker. and I start on 5 and work to 7.

al bundy,

Dreamerr

oh sorry mvapes

That is good info al, I don't think I want to mess the battery up and go that low. so that is 6 stems or 7 plus 3-4 more after blue? How many in total I guess was the question.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom