Arizer Solo

I guess I use my solo a little different than most here. I usually turn it on to 2, then load one of the stock stems and once its up to heat I put in the stem and start puffing. The first hit and a half get little to no vapor but then after that I get some awesome clouds, yes, even on 2. A then bump it up one level every 2 or 3 hits until I get to 6 and wait for that 12 mins to be up. My abv comes out very even and dark brown, perfect for cooking with.

This is also my method when not using a waterpipe. I start at three though, and move up from there.

kingofnull,
Reactions: ataxian

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I start and stay at three and always have good vape. I do smaller hits after it is heated maybe two usually gets the herb to temp and then all is good. It took me time to get used to hitting the solo correctly but now I live it. I am starting to have trouble deciding between my solo and my INH sometimes.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: vorrange

Heos

bleh. This is depressing guys. I've had so many bowls off the Solo this morning with just...no results. I'm not high at all off them. It's at least .5 total, this literally makes no sense. I went and hit my VG twice and that got me WAY higher than the .5 through the solo did.

This is seriously seriously wrong. I'm seriously astonished at this point with my experience with the solo. I feel like I've tried about everything there is to try. Some things have helped, but overall it seems like a POS, even though I know practically everyone on here has the opposite experience. I've seen the milks you guys have gotten, and while I can get that or more with my LSV and other vapes I've tried, I can't get a damn thing. Not having visible vapor is one thing, but not getting me high is another.

I've packed small, packed big, packed tight, sprinkled the screen, I've pulled slow, fast, everyone in between. I've let my herbs soak in heat, I've turned my unit all the way up to 7 dry, and its always the same horrible results. I'm feeling desperate I wont get this to work right, I feel like I've tried everything. It doesn't seem to make sense it'd be the units fault, but at this point I have no explanation. This certainly isn't normal. Also, from reading through the thread it seems like I'm the only one who has to go to 6 or 7 to get whispy hits if even that? I tried a fresh bowl starting on 7, let it soak during the entire heatup time and then an additional minute, and I got NO vapor. None. Nothing visible anyway. Didn't feel a thing either, and my tolerance is not that high.

Heos,

Vitolo

Vaporist
This is extremely informative, thank you. I also wasn't aware people seemed to get less thick clouds with Ed's stems, whoops! I opted for it over the stock stem in hopes of improving airflow and getting thick hits. I like your screen idea, and was something I was considering myself. It seems to me you think I should put in a screen after I've packed a load, on top of the load, rather than in the Solo. Is there any reason for that? It seems like it would make it a hassle to stir, even if it solved my problem of conducting heating via the heater surface.
I do not get any less thick of a cloud using Ed's stems... and sometimes even thicker!
I will say that it takes Ed's stems, a hit or two longer to build up a good "head of steam", before it is cranking!

Vitolo,
Reactions: Ed's TnT
bleh. This is depressing guys. I've had so many bowls off the Solo this morning with just...no results. I'm not high at all off them. It's at least .5 total, this literally makes no sense. I went and hit my VG twice and that got me WAY higher than the .5 through the solo did.

This is seriously seriously wrong. I'm seriously astonished at this point with my experience with the solo. I feel like I've tried about everything there is to try. Some things have helped, but overall it seems like a POS, even though I know practically everyone on here has the opposite experience. I've seen the milks you guys have gotten, and while I can get that or more with my LSV and other vapes I've tried, I can't get a damn thing. Not having visible vapor is one thing, but not getting me high is another.

I've packed small, packed big, packed tight, sprinkled the screen, I've pulled slow, fast, everyone in between. I've let my herbs soak in heat, I've turned my unit all the way up to 7 dry, and its always the same horrible results. I'm feeling desperate I wont get this to work right, I feel like I've tried everything. It doesn't seem to make sense it'd be the units fault, but at this point I have no explanation. This certainly isn't normal. Also, from reading through the thread it seems like I'm the only one who has to go to 6 or 7 to get whispy hits if even that? I tried a fresh bowl starting on 7, let it soak during the entire heatup time and then an additional minute, and I got NO vapor. None. Nothing visible anyway. Didn't feel a thing either, and my tolerance is not that high.

I don't know why you are having such a poor Solo experience. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of experience with Ed's stems so I can't comment on that.

I don't personally insert my stem until after the Solo has come to temp. 45 second - 1 min preheat before inhale.

kingofnull,

Dreamerr

I don't preheat after it comes to temp and still have no issue.

Is your solo getting hot? Did you pack it looser like people said? This is very perplexing.

Dreamerr,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Any chance you have one of those lazer temperature guns to see what your chamber is reaching for temps ?

Something doesn't sound right at all, but I cld see your issues if your device isn't operating properly.

smokum,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I guess I use my solo a little different than most here. I usually turn it on to 2, then load one of the stock stems and once its up to heat I put in the stem and start puffing. The first hit and a half get little to no vapor but then after that I get some awesome clouds, yes, even on 2. A then bump it up one level every 2 or 3 hits until I get to 6 and wait for that 12 mins to be up. My abv comes out very even and dark brown, perfect for cooking with.
I like 4 and preheat before loading flowers.
I throw away waste.
when I cook or bake I only use fresh flowers.
Glass is best!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

had the same experience with wooden stem!

ataxian,

Dreamerr

Try this...put in empty stem and try to draw. If it is to restrictive lift the stem a little like a mm. You might not be getting good air flow. I even found I had to do it with ed's stem. It doesn't hurt to see if maybe that is the issue.

Dreamerr,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Try this...put in empty stem and try to draw. If it is to restrictive lift the stem a little like a mm. You might not be getting good air flow. I even found I had to do it with ed's stem. It doesn't hurt to see if maybe that is the issue.
since I broke my 10th glass stem I have to revert back to the wood stem. I will try your method and hopefully it works better. it will take two weeks before I receive the two glass ones on Order

ataxian,

weedemon

enthusiast
sounds like your vape may be defective man. :( you sure have tried a lot of things! It sholdn't be that hard to get working :(

btw For draw speed I like a slow and steady haul to get things warmed up, and then i switch over to a "micro hitting" style of inhale.

weedemon,

StrictVapeChick

I have 2 of them.
OK over kill!
One is plenty!
I know there are some after market stems.
However I find the stock stems to deliver the best flavor if that is important to you?

Yeah, that's one of my top priorities!;)

Also, I know I've seen people use screens with a solo stem, do those fit in all the stems or is that a certain one? Are there benefits to using a screen?

StrictVapeChick,

Dreamerr

You can put in slightly less herb, some say it improves air flow around the herb, and it stops bits from coming through the glass screen.

Dreamerr,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

Also, I know I've seen people use screens with a solo stem, do those fit in all the stems or is that a certain one? Are there benefits to using a screen?
I always use a screen in my stems. If you plan on grinding your weed (recommended, but not absolutely necessary), then the screen keeps the bits of herb from becoming a suprise snack in your mouth, or dirtying up your stem with said bits. 1/2" screens fit perfectly in the stem btw.

:peace:

Heos

I don't think it's because it's restrictive. It's a very tight fit but there's a lot of airflow through Ed's stem. When I pull through it without herb its quite easy, there's no "milkshake draw" like I hear about. I can *attempt* to draw like a milkshake, but it hasn't given me better results.

The best results I've had so far are through the bong and even they were mediocre at best. My solo is definitely getting hot, I almost burned myself touching the metal on Ed's stem, but I have no way of knowing if it gets hot enough. I do find it odd I'm turning it so high to get anything. I used my LSV last night after being again frustrated with the Solo and the difference was overwhelming. It's the same herb and on a low temp with the LSV it tickles my lungs so much I feel like they'll burst. I felt literally nothing in my lungs the entire time with the solo. I'm hoping it's the stem...but I wouldn't know how, seems like Vitolo gets thick clouds, even if it takes longer to warm up. Warming up doesn't seem to be the problem for mine, I've let it preheat on 7 for over a minute before. And even after a few draws it was still disappointing.

Honestly even if it was an issue with my solo itself that'd be way better than this being a failure of the solo in general. If I have to get mine replaced that will suck, but at least I'll be puffing away on a solo eventually (hopefully). It'd be way easier if it was the stem, but it seems like there's not much to get wrong, unless it's the tight fitting that's doing me in.

Heos,

www.planetvape.com

I did recently buy screens from them to try!

eBay. 500 screens for $1-2. Get .50 they'll fit domed or snipped.

I don't think it's because it's restrictive. It's a very tight fit but there's a lot of airflow through Ed's stem. When I pull through it without herb its quite easy, there's no "milkshake draw" like I hear about. I can *attempt* to draw like a milkshake, but it hasn't given me better results.

The best results I've had so far are through the bong and even they were mediocre at best. My solo is definitely getting hot, I almost burned myself touching the metal on Ed's stem, but I have no way of knowing if it gets hot enough. I do find it odd I'm turning it so high to get anything. I used my LSV last night after being again frustrated with the Solo and the difference was overwhelming. It's the same herb and on a low temp with the LSV it tickles my lungs so much I feel like they'll burst. I felt literally nothing in my lungs the entire time with the solo. I'm hoping it's the stem...but I wouldn't know how, seems like Vitolo gets thick clouds, even if it takes longer to warm up. Warming up doesn't seem to be the problem for mine, I've let it preheat on 7 for over a minute before. And even after a few draws it was still disappointing.

Honestly even if it was an issue with my solo itself that'd be way better than this being a failure of the solo in general. If I have to get mine replaced that will suck, but at least I'll be puffing away on a solo eventually (hopefully). It'd be way easier if it was the stem, but it seems like there's not much to get wrong, unless it's the tight fitting that's doing me in.
It's gotta be something wrong with the Solo itself. It's a fairly friendly vape for newcomers, and I've never seen someone have so much issue with theirs.
Where did you order from again? Are you USA or CDN?

post a video of the clouds you get/don't get?

VapeNStone,

Dreamerr

I was very frustrated with the solo when I first got it and was getting all the same answers as you. I still to this day stand to there is a learning curve with this vape. When I used Ed's stem I had a similar issue as you did. I believe now that you checked the restriction with no herb and you said it does get how then you are good. I say now fix your grind and you are more then likely packing it way to much and I mean way to much. It sounds like you are not getting good airflow after the grind is in. I don't want you to waste herb so only take four hits at most when it is at temp and you can then take the herb out and put it in something else. Try a very course grind. I can use a fine grind now but it has to be really loose. A course grind should be the easiest to get vape out of. Take slow steady hits. When I was learning the solo I needed to have the heat on 4 or 5. After the learning was complete I can easily get nice clouds on 3 and only go to 4 if I am using the same stem twice and then I would go to four towards the end of the second session cause nothing comes out. I do not take really long hits so of course that would be different for different people. My normal hit is 5-10 seconds but it can vary.

Good luck cause you sound like I did when I got my solo and Ed's stem for learning to me was not good. After you learn then you could have used that stem easily.

This is all my opinion and what I needed to do to learn. We are all different.

Dreamerr,
I was very frustrated with the solo when I first got it and was getting all the same answers as you. I still to this day stand to there is a learning curve with this vape. When I used Ed's stem I had a similar issue as you did. I believe now that you checked the restriction with no herb and you said it does get how then you are good. I say now fix your grind and you are more then likely packing it way to much and I mean way to much. It sounds like you are not getting good airflow after the grind is in. I don't want you to waste herb so only take four hits at most when it is at temp and you can then take the herb out and put it in something else. Try a very course grind. I can use a fine grind now but it has to be really loose. A course grind should be the easiest to get vape out of. Take slow steady hits. When I was learning the solo I needed to have the heat on 4 or 5. After the learning was complete I can easily get nice clouds on 3 and only go to 4 if I am using the same stem twice and then I would go to four towards the end of the second session cause nothing comes out. I do not take really long hits so of course that would be different for different people. My normal hit is 5-10 seconds but it can vary.

Good luck cause you sound like I did when I got my solo and Ed's stem for learning to me was not good. After you learn then you could have used that stem easily.

This is all my opinion and what I needed to do to learn. We are all different.
Did you read his posts? He said he tried every grind and packing method. I really think he might have an issue we haven't seen yet. Or and the solo doesn't have a learning curve IMHO. At most its a learn how to set it up curve, but once you get it down all you have to do is suck.

VapeNStone,
Reactions: Kief

Dreamerr

Yes I read about the grinds but I am still suspicious. I had the same issue with ed's stem when I was learning the solo. We will never agree on the solo as it does have a learning curse to me. I know you say set up then suck but I think it is more of the fact of your muscle memory getting used to the right suck and draw speed. To me that is a learning curve. INH is just suck, ssv just suck solo not just suck.

Edit: Even if it ends up being broken I still stand by what I said.

Dreamerr,
Yes I read about the grinds but I am still suspicious. I had the same issue with ed's stem when I was learning the solo. We will never agree on the solo as it does have a learning curse to me. I know you say set up then suck but I think it is more of the fact of your muscle memory getting used to the right suck and draw speed. To me that is a learning curve. INH is just suck, ssv just suck solo not just suck.

Edit: Even if it ends up being broken I still stand by what I said.
actually the SSV or DBV have a learning curve to me. Because if you don't turn it up to high and then you suck to hard you won't get anything. More to mess with IMHO.

VapeNStone,

Dreamerr

So really that has been my point on all vapes...we are all different so for some a vape may have a huge curve and for some the same vape may have none. It is all in how the original approach is to begin with and what type of "normal" draw you tend to take which is different for everyone. On the ssv my heat is less the 12 so it shows you we are diff.

Dreamerr,
So really that has been my point on all vapes...we are all different so for some a vape may have a huge curve and for some the same vape may have none. It is all in how the original approach is to begin with and what type of "normal" draw you tend to take which is different for everyone. On the ssv my heat is less the 12 so it shows you we are diff.
I'm judging the need for a learning curve based upon when I let non-vaporist hit my vapes. The solo is by far the easiest as all I have to say is suck and they all get it. Where as the DBV I need to explain to much for them to get and the MFLB just fucking forget it lol.

EDIT: The Inhalater is just as easy as the solo as well.

Top Bottom