Arizer Solo

JCat

Accessory Maker
I sympathize! ... I lost my first Solo in a similar way, along with a good half an ounce of super bud, 6 little space case jars and a case plus a space case grinder (all one nice little neat $500-$600 package left in a cab!) ... and if I had to rate on a scale of 1-10 (1 is not good and 10 is very, very bad) of bad things that happened that night losing my Solo and portable kit would "maybe" place a 4-5 ... maybe not even ... was one of those nights!

Monti

so an update concerning my new arizer solo with the (in my opinion) restricted airflow. I vaped a few bowls the last three days, but the airflow is still very restricted if the stem sticks complete in the oven. Called the seller this morning and explained my problems, he said i should send it back and he will check the problem.

Monti,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Hope it gets sorted out for you Monti ! I've really enjoyed my Solo's over the last few years & trust you will too once your issue is corrected.

smokum,

Jhonny

how do you clean the bowl of your solo?

have bought a used solo and the stainless steel bowl is black/burnt inside. Tried to clean it with iso, but no luck.

Jhonny,

smokum

I agree with Tweek....

I've used different brass attachments on my dremel (roto) tool and 'lightly' cleaned up the surface as well.

kigrass

how do you clean the bowl of your solo?

have bought a used solo and the stainless steel bowl is black/burnt inside. Tried to clean it with iso, but no luck.
I turn it on to no. 1 or 2 and dip a cotton ear but thing in ISO and this seems to work ok. There are 2 stains that refuse to
go but I am not bothered enough to scrape at them.
A polishing bit for a dremel type tool might also work but I have not tried this.
K.

kigrass,

ilikesnacks

i lent my solo to my sister for about 3 months and when i got it back she hadn't cleaned it once, the bowl was black and the stems were clogged, needless to say - she wont be seeing it again.

i soaked the stems in ISO over night and did a shake with some salt in a ziplock bag, good as new.

the bowl was harder though, i think she was putting hash or oil in it cause there was tons of crap stuck to the bottom, i couldn't clean it simply using a qtip and ISO so i cut a thin strip off of a green scrub pad for dishes & shoved it in the bowl and twisted it around (after it had already been sitting around for a few minutes moistened with ISO) and everything came off with no hassles.

Gobrian

Decided to try out the old stem and put the phves turbo down... after all I have been using it 100% of the time since I got it...
MAN THE STOCK STEM SUCKS!!!! wow! It was like using a totally different device... in a very, very bad way!! Totally not viable as a primary piece, it was a chore to smoke.. Do yourself a favor and get rid of the stock stem if you have airflow issues.
So i put in the PVHES... and it was back to good ol Han.

I will be taking a VERY VERY hard look @ the Inhalater XP coming out next month.

As a side not, I ran my first marathon this past Sunday, and two full stems to the face in the car right before walking out to the start line really made it an awesome experience. I love this thing, allows me to be able to keep my lungs, yet hop on a jet when I need to.

If any solo users have the inhalater, could you compare them for first hand experience please?

Vitolo

Vaporist
The Inhalater can take more herb than the solo... and is as efficient if not more so at extraction.
It has a slimmer (but longer) profile.
It is more precise .. due to wider variety of temperature control.
BUT
It takes longer to charge....
Does not offer as pure a flavor as the Solo.
Does not have as long of a warranty.

The Stem (Solid Glass for the Solo) is $10
The Polymide "Capsule" for the Inhalater is also $10
One is breakable but if you are careful permanent, while the other is expendable unless GREAT care is taken with it.

Monti

Decided to try out the old stem and put the phves turbo down... after all I have been using it 100% of the time since I got it...
MAN THE STOCK STEM SUCKS!!!! wow! It was like using a totally different device... in a very, very bad way!! Totally not viable as a primary piece, it was a chore to smoke.. Do yourself a favor and get rid of the stock stem if you have airflow issues.
The "old stem" means the original stem of arizer? Thats sounds really like my problem, hope that the phves stems are in a few days availaible again at planetvape.
Otherwise theres a glasblower for laboratory glasses in my city, i think he could make a custom-made stem like the phves.
In my opinion the orginial arizer stems are not well-engineered and arizer should produce the stems like the pvhes in the future.

Monti,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
The Inhalater can take more herb than the solo... and is as efficient if not more so at extraction.
It has a slimmer (but longer) profile.
It is more precise .. due to wider variety of temperature control.
BUT
It takes longer to charge....
Does not offer as pure a flavor as the Solo.
Does not have as long of a warranty.

The Stem (Solid Glass for the Solo) is $10
The Polymide "Capsule" for the Inhalater is also $10
One is breakable but if you are careful permanent, while the other is expendable unless GREAT care is taken with it.

Vito has pretty much everything mentioned here; I'd just like to add that even though the batter takes longer to charge, it lasts longer as well and uses a micro-USB plug that you can plug in almost anywhere. And that my polymide capsules have lasted quite a long time with minimal maintenance.

Tweek

The "old stem" means the original stem of arizer? Thats sounds really like my problem, hope that the phves stems are in a few days availaible again at planetvape.
Otherwise theres a glasblower for laboratory glasses in my city, i think he could make a custom-made stem like the phves.
In my opinion the orginial arizer stems are not well-engineered and arizer should produce the stems like the pvhes in the future.

Yes, the stems that come with the new units are tight on the draw. I find sipping or puffing technique works best with those. The PVHES stems make a world of difference. It is all I use on my unit now.

Tweek,
Just be glad you don't have the actual "original" solo stem. Back when they first came out they only had two holes in the glass lol.

VapeNStone,
Reactions: Vitolo

JDR

So i put in the PVHES... and it was back to good ol Han.

I will be taking a VERY VERY hard look @ the Inhalater XP coming out next month.

As a side not, I ran my first marathon this past Sunday, and two full stems to the face in the car right before walking out to the start line really made it an awesome experience. I love this thing, allows me to be able to keep my lungs, yet hop on a jet when I need to.

If any solo users have the inhalater, could you compare them for first hand experience please?

Hey Gobrian, when I read this, I went ahead and drilled through the center of the "X" in a PVES non-turbo GonG adapter stem I have and created a couple of air divots around the edge (mine had none). No doubt, this provides better flavor, better airflow control, quicker arrival, and lighter colored herbs. Tastier even.

Since I got my diamond dremel tip and did my initial stem drilling project (link below) I've been like a kid with a hammer...everything is a nail. So, thanks for the opportunity to drill.

JDR

LINK:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-386#post-297517

EDIT: Photo's later.

JDR,

smokum

Just be glad you don't have the actual "original" solo stem. Back when they first came out they only had two holes in the glass lol.

Since I sip & don't direct inhale (bronc's can't handle it), that isn't the case for me provided I rock the stem. Certainly the PHES line is much more 'providing', and keep in mind I don't own any of the newer release Solo's (currently m102 & m105).

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I have both and agree with what vito and cen said. I think that the battery charging isn't an issue either. I run the solo down daily but I don't remember the last time I ran my INH down. It is so easy to charge it isn't an issue. You can also use it while charging but it will take a mess load longer. To me they both have there place. I have already used both today. INH while out and solo as soon as I got back. Now off to my ssv for my needed re-up.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Vitolo

Harry

Hey guys, just wanted to post an update on my solo. My initial problem was the unit wouldn't charge, and levels 1-3 started blinking. I was about to say screw it and send it back to arizer when I noticed I had a bit of charge left. I loaded a bowl and completely drained the battery. After my session I plugged my charger back in. It's charging again!

Well anyway, if anyone has had this same problem, try draining the battery completely. I'm not sure how this fixed the problem, maybe the battery resets after it drains completely, I'm not sure.

It defiantly feels good to be vaping again. I noticed when I started smoking again I kind of felt warn out and tired the whole day. That never happens with my vape. One thing I love about vaping is that you can start at low temperatures and get that uppy headhigh, and then move onto the high temperatures and get the coach lock.

Anyway, enough of that. I'm just happy I didn't have to get this thing shipped and fixed during holiday season.

Harry,

thesoloman

hey i had to ship my solo to arizer, how long should i expect it to take? its been 9 days already sense i sent it.. with no word from arizer of yet): shipped from california

thesoloman,

Jhonny

I would take a small utensil of sorts and try to scrape it out gently when it is warm. A dental pick used for dabbing would work well.

I've used different brass attachments on my dremel (roto) tool and 'lightly' cleaned up the surface as well.

so i cut a thin strip off of a green scrub pad for dishes & shoved it in the bowl and twisted it around (after it had already been sitting around for a few minutes moistened with ISO) and everything came off with no hassles.

Thanks for your help guys! :tup:

Jhonny,
Reactions: Tweek
Top Bottom