Arizer Solo

kigrass

Oven size? well chamber size, I suggest you check Ed Wood Stem which has the biggest chamber and you can pack it nicely... some strains you can pack with .2 others not...I found the solo chamber size to be perfect IMO, this is your 6th post...I'm sure you will understand how to work with the solo better...don't jump to another vape so fast because you feel the chamber is not big enough.
I will try the conversation thing now...
I like the solo, it just feels a bit small in the chamber size dep. Horses for courses I suppose. I thought I would be refilling more often but it is ok so far. I only plan to get a pax later next year but I will not replace my solo. I got to try a friends da vinci before
this because he loves it so I might change my mind...
This Ed wodden stem thing is more and more interesting, I might not be able to resist!!!

kigrass,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Ed's wood stem is awesome indeed!
BTW, guys, I bought the small glass stem that can fit inside the wood stem...I bought 5 ... only 1 is left lol ... can't say you will be surprised haha ;) but it didn't feel like it changed anything and I wish it was a bit longer...

Sorry for the post about GONG, I really should know better

m0sh,

JDR

Good to hear it's working out for you. And take your time with all the whatnot to find out what works for you. No need to rush. Without getting too meta, I think vaping teaches patience. I've found that both the vaping experience itself and learning process that goes with it has to go at it's own pace. For all of us former combusters, it takes time to unlearn the hard pull.

JDR

JDR,
Reactions: MrNorml

JDR

<wipes tear from eye> Vitolo, that is the most beautiful thing I have seen in at least several days. :0) A man after my own heart.. a master of the vapor tinker toy arts. I have been waiting for an excuse to go pick that h20 up. The solo, in it's simplicity and near 14mm form factor, is just ripe for macgivering stuff together. I'm always thinking of new ways to stick stuff on it. Having seen this video, I must, as a certain captain once said, "Make it so."

JDR

JDR,
Reactions: Vitolo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Oh was that video about dabs and some glass stuff? I only watched the bird and I suppose editing cuase the bird moved to different spots without walking lmao. Love the bird.

JDR

Hey, since I apparently have nothing better to do than post about the solo on FC all day (not true), I thought I'd share a technique I call the the "big suck" (you come up with your own name for your own techniquie, ok?). No huge hairy operation... just suck up your preground herbs into your stem (Ed's stems work well for this)..(did I just mention Ed's stems again?).

But when I say suck, I mean really suck. Here's why. The problem usually is how much herb you can get into the chamber vs the reduction in airflow. The finer the grind, the more surface area you get in addition to the better airflow it provides when unpacked. But.. after a hit, your unpacked, megaground herb reduces to a half or third of it's size and particulates are flying all over and things are completely out of control (overstated for effect). And your hit's get tinier and you get pissed off.

But, if you pack, you get lots of herb but no surface area as your plant matter becomes an herb diamond. So, do a big straw suck from your pile of ground herb. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd time. How hard to pull and whatever..figure it out yourself.. I don't have all the answers, man. Kidding. Anyways, I find I get the fine grind more compressed, getting more of it in there, while still retaining some airflow.

JDR

PRE-EDIT: I know everybody everywhere already sucks their stuff through the stem already. I'm talking about a purposely hard pull to compress the herb.

ALERT: This post should not district from Vitolo's more serious and vital discovery above. All props be thine, Vitolo.

Vitolo

Vaporist
The discovery of using a small vial, and an eyedropper to suck the fumes is the discovery of a fellow named Dr. Ray. He calls it micro Dab, and you can see it and read about it on Amazon or YouTube.
I simply decided I liked a tall vial better, and I wanted one handed operation... so the Eclipse H2O stem was a handy replacement.
We evolve... constantly!
A couple of years ago I found I liked using Cotton to vape oils.
I have been able to use this helpful in many vapes.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-clean-vape-parts-and-reclaim-resin.795/page-8#post-305494
The cotton technique

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I don't suck... never have never will :p

I use my daily or two day amount kept in a 3 pc grinder's (I no longer use since the SCS), storage area and just scoop into into it, give it a light finger tamp, and have at it. Does THIS body good :nod:

Different strokes for diff folks I guess.

smokum,
Reactions: JDR

kigrass

I am with smokum on this one, just scoop it up and lightly tap so it wont fall out.
seems to do the job. I also use the cotton swabs but I find it tends to dirty up the
glass more than the green stuff ever would.

kigrass,

JDR

I don't suck... never have never will :p

I use my daily or two day amount kept in a 3 pc grinder's (I no longer use since the SCS), storage area and just scoop into into it, give it a light finger tamp, and have at it. Does THIS body good :nod:

Different strokes for diff folks I guess.

Indeed. Either it rings a bell or it don't. ;) I should add that what I'm talking about comes into play for portability and dosage. If are out and about and don't want to pack it a bunch of times or if you want tons of vapor so that you have extra to filter out in your water piece.

JDR

JDR,

kigrass

Anyone know the volts and amps for charging and for using without battery mode?
If not then I will bite the bullet and get one of the variable ones from the site i mentioned earlier...
Sorry, I am having trouble keeping up, still on page 194... if it has already been mentioned let me
know and I will keep searching.
K.

kigrass,
you cannot charge and use the solo at the same time. They make a power adapter that you can use your solo without wasting battery life, but that is going to be the closest you can get.

VapeNStone,

JDR

The discovery of using a small vial, and an eyedropper to suck the fumes is the discovery of a fellow named Dr. Ray. He calls it micro Dab, and you can see it and read about it on Amazon or YouTube.
I simply decided I liked a tall vial better, and I wanted one handed operation... so the Eclipse H2O stem was a handy replacement.
We evolve... constantly!
A couple of years ago I found I liked using Cotton to vape oils.
I have been able to use this helpful in many vapes.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-clean-vape-parts-and-reclaim-resin.795/page-8#post-305494
The cotton technique
I hadn't seen this before. Thanks for this. I'm currently using that technique with my pves stem that I drilled the bottom of the chamber out of. I have tons a pics in a post way back if anyone is interested.

But this is working amazingly well. It's almost the perfect way to vape oil. Or at least a highly functional effective way.

JDR

JDR,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Love the video Vitolo! I have a Conure that is super interested in my vapes as well. What's the little guys (or gals) name?

Gonzo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
His name is Francis
It was Frances, until the DNA tests came back changing his name to Francis.
bill_murray-stripes1981-1330.jpg

:rofl:

Dreamerr

Very nice video vito. I am so far behind in reading today I don't know how long it will be to I catch up.

Edit: I forgot to thank sticks, thanks for always mentioning you use your solo on 3. I tried when I first got it and didn't get much. This was more then likely because I didn't learn the vape yet. I was using 4 comfortably. Just because you always mention 3 and did again yesterday I went for it again with my new better technique and wow perfect for me. So a public thank you for keeping it in my mind. 3 is my new number and loving it.

JD fine grind is the bomb. It does work way better. I just never use fine so had to take my ground herb put it back in the grinder and do it upside down to get it finer. More herb in the stem and nice hits. I can run it twice and still have ok taste.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Vitolo

musicisevil

Hi Musicisevil,
Can I ask how you know a male pinkie will get stuck in a 14mm joint?? :brow:
I mesured the inner diameter and i have a 14mm. I use the cloth and band to seal the joint between the solo stem and
the where the bowl goes. I do this as in the 14mm joint there is very little tolerance and any sideways movement will
grind the glass together (I cant stand this).
Off to look for the double battery post....
K.
Read it on some thread concerning determining joint size without a metric ruler.
Fair enough. I was always very cautious using stock stems direct to gong prior to making my own.

musicisevil,

DcTokeMan

VapinBlackGuy<~~~Rare
ive had my solo all of 3 weeks. i went out friday nite, got drunk, and lost my leather jacket, which unfortunatly houses my solo. for sum reason i cant get too mad. after years of breaking quality glass by mistake, my brain just stores this experience as 'Shit Happens'. So, time to scope a new portable i guess. im eyeing that new Thermo

DcTokeMan,

Dreamerr

Sorry for your loss and happy for whatever new addition you get which might be a solo and the cera woohoo

Tweek stop following me:rofl:

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom