Arizer Solo

Tweek

I love my solo even more with my PVHE Turbo Bent stem :D The solos tight airflow might throw folks off at first if they just try to slam it. Little sips or puffs work great.

Tweek,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I still use my original stems (when I'm too lazy to clean my PHES) and have to wiggle them.... but there is no comparison between them, especially the TURBO ;)

smokum,
Reactions: Tweek

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Harry yes yours sounds like it needs a return. It sounds like you have a bad battery.

Monti, if you read back about ten pages you will see me whine about the same issue. I have no issue now. It takes time to learn the solo, although I think I am using it the same if not even drawing a little faster, but who knows. I also will say it will take a bunch of stems but they will loosen as you use them. Shoving them in and out with no heat won't help. I probable did more then 50 stems before i finally really liked the solo. Now I love it which I knew I would after I was broken in(every vape is different) and it was broken in.

Dreamerr,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
yes thats it...

Just a guess only cause my first one also had that issue. I could pull but barely. When I got the second one it wasn't as much of an issue. I wonder if the holes or whatever creates the little bit of air flow wasn't cut correctly on some units. I suppose it can happen. Maybe I had two issues with my first unit and you might be experiencing one of them. Who knows. Keep trying it till you figure it out or get a replacement. If you get zero air even when lifting a little I would guess the holes are blocked from manufacturing.

Dreamerr,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just got my PVHES GonG in the mail today. I got home and packed about 2/3 of a bowl and fired up the old trusty M103. I am impressed, but not suprised. I never inverted the stem, so the herb never had a chance to make contact with the heater thanks to gravity. 5 or 6 milky rips on level 5 and I'm happy. :)

It actually fit a little looser than my other stems, but since it will only be used sitting atop a bubbler, it's not a big deall to me. I didn't stir, yet the ABV came out a nice even chocolate color - about the way I like it. :brow:
12196js.jpg

Now to attack the Doritos. Thankfully they are "fraicheur garantie". How did PV know that "saveur de fromage" was my favorite?
:peace:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Stu...I think the bowl tastes great the whole way through when I set it to 3 and hit it hampster style the whole session.

stickstones,
Reactions: Stu

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Stu...I think the bowl tastes great the whole way through when I set it to 3 and hit it hampster style the whole session.
I don't even have a giant hamster wheel to run in, but I'll look into gettng one if you say it's the shit. :lol:

I started the session on 4, but quickly bumped it up when the first draw was very wispy. Of course this was because the glass hadn't yet gotten up to temp. The draws that followed were all pretty cloudy. The flavor stayed pretty good throughout the bowl, so I just left her on 5 (I'm normally a "4" guy).

:peace:

Stu,

CHIDOY

Just thought i'd pop in and say that my buddy got his new solo last night and all i can say is :love:. Our only other experience was the MFLB (which I love dearly). This thing is great! I'll be ordering mine next month. Cant wait!

CHIDOY,
Reactions: Tweek

JDR

Personally, I don't see the point of drilling holes in the stock stems or buying other stems that deliver more air, or the domed screens in the solo. The draw is restricted by design, to get a higher concentration of vapor, which is fine by me. It's not that hard to draw if you just sort of sip it. If you want a bit more air, just raise the stem slightly as you draw. Others have their own opinion, which is their privelege, but my preference is low temps around 3 and pristine concentrated vapor. My only addition outside of what comes in the box was to buy some screens to reduce the amount of particulates. I already had a bong, which I would have added if i didnt have one. I dont think you will be disappointed.

Well, one reason among others to pull out a drill and dremel is when you want airflow, but don't want to spend the time or attention to adjust the height of the stem (unless you use Ed's stems that is). The stock glass ones require you to manually suspend it at whatever mm height you are shooting for. The unmodded stems are great when you have the time and concentration to use them. But, if you are wanting to get out the door, you jack up the heat say to 5 or 6, use a stem you've used a dremel to widen airflow, pull harder and faster, get big hits without making the herb overly brown and.. get the job done quicker.

JDR

EDIT: Er, fixed some things above.

timmahsan

treEnt
Finally got to use my solo today, after a few hours of it arriving that is ;). First vaping experience after a long smoke break. Wow, I'm sure I am over exaggerating a slight bit, but it was honestly a much better experience than I remember when I did smoke. I could actually taste the flower, it was a nice cool non-irritating vapor.

It worked like a charm right out of the box. I did let it go through a cycle on 7 prior to use. There was a faint electronics odor that quickly left. The stems are both very snug. I ordered a PHVES turbo shorty bent and a straight shorty as well. I did not think the draw was restricted on the stock, though I don't have anything to compare it to.

I do have a question. When it is flashing red on heating-- does that means that it is warming--and when it has stopped, I am good to go?

Also, PuffItUp go it here with amazing service, I picked up a space case grinder 4 pc with it.

I am glad I made this choice. Thanks for this great thread.

timmahsan,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
So if anyone from Europe wants my pvhes gong 14mm he can talk to me or I'm sending it back for a replacement

mod note: you've been around long enough to know this goes in the classifieds and not in here.

m0sh,

kigrass

Welcome to the forums. Did you get to the page with the double capacity DIY battery replacements yet?? I'd love your take on those! Also, the stock solo stems will fit snugly into a 14mm joint without any doing. Also most male pinky fingers will get stuck in 14mm.
Hi Musicisevil,
Can I ask how you know a male pinkie will get stuck in a 14mm joint?? :brow:
I mesured the inner diameter and i have a 14mm. I use the cloth and band to seal the joint between the solo stem and
the where the bowl goes. I do this as in the 14mm joint there is very little tolerance and any sideways movement will
grind the glass together (I cant stand this).
Off to look for the double battery post....
K.

kigrass,

kigrass

Hi JDR,
Thanks for the info, I will certainly give your method a go. I too am still playing around with it and I think I might have it somewhat dialed in. I am on the latest solo (107?) and I start off on 2 then build up to 5 or 6 within the 12 minute time frame.
I also take much smaller hits but more often. This calmed the coughing down somewhat.My ABV from this method is very dark
brown, I am not sure I would want it any darker. I also fine the burnt popcorn taste is very subtle with the solo as opposed to the
iolite.
The water thing works and is very nice, I am looking to get a bubbler next year in the sales! Weed-Star are in Germany so they
will probably get my money. Anyone know of other european glass makers?
I am also looking at the alternative stems from Ed and PV. The more I read about them in this forum the more tempted I am to
get one. The PV one has loads of options I do not fully understand nor do I understand the effects of the different stems. I do
like Ed's wooden stems and the added bonus of it being a 14mm adapter.
Thanks again for the information,
K.

kigrass,

kigrass

So if anyone from Europe wants my pvhes gong 14mm he can talk to me or I'm sending it back for a replacement
Hi M0sh,
I am interested.... Is it possible to PM on these forums, I cannot find the link.... probably me though.
Also, honestly, the pull is not the same and a little tight but as others have suggested play around with the stem. I also found
(as mentioned also) that the tighter you pack has a big impact. Do you use a screen, this also restricts airflow. I find it manageable though, but personal preferences apply here. Ground biologicals also allow better airflow....
Honestly the solo is very good, I like its efficiency but dislike the small oven size (will get a pax eventually..!). I would try and
see if you cannot get it to work as you want it to before giving up on it.
Good luck!!
K.

kigrass,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Hi M0sh,
I am interested.... Is it possible to PM on these forums, I cannot find the link.... probably me though.
Also, honestly, the pull is not the same and a little tight but as others have suggested play around with the stem. I also found
(as mentioned also) that the tighter you pack has a big impact. Do you use a screen, this also restricts airflow. I find it manageable though, but personal preferences apply here. Ground biologicals also allow better airflow....
Honestly the solo is very good, I like its efficiency but dislike the small oven size (will get a pax eventually..!). I would try and
see if you cannot get it to work as you want it to before giving up on it.
Good luck!!
K.

Click on my picture then a box will appear and you can select "Start a Conversation"

I do use screens...I haven't tried that pvhes gong tho...its about 2 weeks from arriving...could be more...Canada doesn't like me lol :p

Oven size? well chamber size, I suggest you check Ed Wood Stem which has the biggest chamber and you can pack it nicely... some strains you can pack with .2 others not...I found the solo chamber size to be perfect IMO, this is your 6th post...I'm sure you will understand how to work with the solo better...don't jump to another vape so fast because you feel the chamber is not big enough.

m0sh,
Reactions: smokum
Top Bottom