Arizer Solo

glaze83

img0087qp.jpg

img0088dr.jpg

img0089m.jpg

img0090p.jpg

Here you guys go.

And the only way for a seller to know if the stems fit snug or not is to open up the packaging sent from arizer... so you can be sure if your unit is truly new or not.

glaze83,
Kaptan said:
Well it looks like the SOLO has invaded ebay. There are many for sale on ebay now and for anyone who is looking for the cheapest price, this is where you will find it, $199 with free shipping. Just keep in mind, if you purchase one of these at this price, you may not have full manufacture warranty. There is even a used one for $160 shipped.

If you're talking about this post and its sister post: http://cgi.ebay.com/DEMO-VAPORIZER-...585?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbae7bad9 then that's only the starting bid, the buyitnow is like 285. Also, it's a demo unit, meaning that its been fired up at the very least, and is not new. There is a Solo "used just once" for 160 starting bid, but remember guys, bidding and buying now are not at all the same thing.

Those internal pics have been a long time coming, thanks so much for posting Glaze. If we had a Rep system, yours would be rolling over right now. Also, Rockwise claimed somewhere in this thread (before he evaporated never to be seen again) that the air intake was through the holes on the top of the unit.

charliedontsurf,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Wow, thanks for those pics, glaze83. Very interesting indeed!
:peace:

Stu,

glaze83

I have no idea to be honest. I don't even think the air comes from the little holes in the heating element. I think the airflow comes from the sides of the glass. It's either that or where the two pieces of the heating element come together. That's why they say looser is better.

glaze83,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Looks like battery replacement will be pretty easy. Thanks for the pics :) You should buy some more vapes to dissect, esp the HA.

steiner666,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
@glaze83 -- thanks for the pictures. just wish i could see the id of the chips on the motherboard.

Hippie Dickie,

glaze83

The only chips that I can identify and haven't been sanded are dual op-amp chips which obviously do one thing when receiving 12v and another when receiving 9v. There is also a battery protection ic as well of course.

glaze83,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Thx for the pics Glaze, great job!

So my theory of the air entering the holes on the bottom of the unit (near the charger's female plugg) and getting out from the tiny 4 holes in the bottom of the heating chamber is not correct at all?

I'd love to know more about it!

FLskwat,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Funny detail, that big black plastic ring right underneath the heating chamber enclosure is white in mine.

Those 18650's come in a 2600mAh as well btw, that would mean 5200mAh for a pair, right? Is the PCB enclosed in the battery pack?

OhTheAgony,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
glaze83 said:
These are actually what you want http://cgi.ebay.com/UltraFire-18650...620348822?pt=US_Batteries&hash=item2565b80596

You can find them cheaper out of hong kong, but for 2 bucks more its nice to have them quickly and in north america.

I'll buy them and show you a soldering breakdown in the weeks to come

Wouldn't 3.7v be too low?

It seems like finding batteries for a higher capacity pack is not going to be an issue, but making a pack that fits in well dimensionally may be?

obelisk,

GooglyEyes

obelisk said:
Wouldn't 3.7v be too low?

It seems like finding batteries for a higher capacity pack is not going to be an issue, but making a pack that fits in well dimensionally may be?

They're probably connected in series (the voltage output would be the sum of the two individual battery's voltage. 2x3.7=7.4).

GooglyEyes,

glaze83

They are connected in series inside the pack -- which makes it 7.4v

There are 2 x 3.7v 2200mah connected together / a protection circuit wrapped in heat shrink.

Edit. Damnit you beat me to it haha

glaze83,

Flatland

glaze83 said:
And the only way for a seller to know if the stems fit snug or not is to open up the packaging sent from arizer... so you can be sure if your unit is truly new or not.

Are there resellers passing off used units as new?

Flatland,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
you guys really ought to check if those batteries are the correct Li-Ion chemistry, and if they can handle the current discharge rate required by the Solo.

Hippie Dickie,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Odd.

Did a little (quick) research and these seem to be a safer bet:

ebay

But then I found these...

more ebay

The first ones are also sold rebranded by Redilast & AW.

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom