Arizer Solo

vape4life

Banned for life
Just be careful with the warranty of all these Solo's for $170 etc. I contacted Arizer regarding many of these eBay cheapies and they said that they were not authorized and therefore wouldn't honour warranty. It may be wiser to spend a bit more and go with an authorized retailer that doesn't advertise below the min. accepted price of $229 cdn.

The newest Solo's have an M1D1010101, the patents pending writing on the bottom is now recessed, not elevated and says 2011, not 2010 as before. Functionality is identical although I think there may be a slight change to the programming, just by observing the behaviour of the led's. The internals are identical from what I can see.

The black is now quite glossy, in comparison to the matte (although it seems like they have been using both).

vape4life,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Just be careful with the warranty of all these Solo's for $170 etc. I contacted Arizer regarding many of these eBay cheapies and they said that they were not authorized and therefore wouldn't honour warranty. It may be wiser to spend a bit more and go with an authorized retailer that doesn't advertise below the min. accepted price of $229 cdn.

The newest Solo's have an M1D1010101, the patents pending writing on the bottom is now recessed, not elevated and says 2011, not 2010 as before. Functionality is identical although I think there may be a slight change to the programming, just by observing the behaviour of the led's. The internals are identical from what I can see.

The black is now quite glossy, in comparison to the matte (although it seems like they have been using both).

AGAIN: This was the case that they had stated this at one point. Since then they have not failed to service ANY unit based on complaints here and direct correspondence clarified they are no longer pursuing this policy.

So in summary, Its no longer true, and hasn't been for 6 months. They honor warranties on all units call em if you want more info.

BTW: The puffitup deal is better since you get a nice 4 peice aluminum CNC grinder too and support one of the forums sponsors.

ru_frothi,

natural farmer

I have a slightly different experience my vapor friends... I got my replacement Solo from Puffitup today. It's a m107 and the other one was a m105. Randy told me a month ago, when he sent it, that it was from the last batch and supposedly the latest model. The new one's differences:
  • tighter stems
  • higher temps
  • bigger clouds
  • much better taste
  • less harsh vapor
  • more restricted draw
  • more thoroughly baked AVB
  • matter finish, less fingerprint friendly
  • flatter buttons, easier to press with one thumb
  • bottom plastic base says Copyright 2010 and is elevated (m105 said 2011 and was carved)
  • better alignment of the internals (m105 was like they didn't match the pieces inside very well)
In my understanding Arizer has buckets of spare parts and they just do the assembly as most small manufacturing businesses do. It's a matter of luck what bottom piece or what aluminium body they use for each unit, matte or not etc. The serials is just a sticker and I am not sure how they work, it might as well be an internal thing that coincided with the changes they make from time to time. The tighter stems comes from the internals though. The grey plastic thing above the SS bowl is now a little smaller from what I see and is not moving around any more. That's why the stems are tight now. For some the more restricted draw you get from a tighter stem might be a minus but from what I experienced today, I now need only 5-10 sec pulls to get a big cloud instead of the 30-60 sec pulls with the m105 and that's a plus in my book. I hope the PV stems improve the flow a little bit without lowering the temps and lowering the vapor/air ratio. :2c:
Oh, and now, what Arizer had said to Vitolo about a loose stem being better, well, maybe for an easier draw, but not for vapor quality... ;)

natural farmer,
Reactions: Nic

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I am excited, and looking forward to trying out Ed's wood stem! I know it will be a few more days before they ship out. I am very curious to see how it performs compared to the regular ones. I'll be watching for the updated PV stems too, there better be a 14mm gong in the works :tup:

jambandphan03,

turk

turk
....I'm also a future recipient of one of ed's wood stems...I await their arrival to test their performance against the glass stems...

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Just bought one of Ed's Stems!

Ed mentioned they are nearly sold out...

I love when I get new cool stuff like this - more fun and experimenting! :ko:

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
nice guys!!! wish i can join the fun but my wallet is officially close for buying myself personal toys for awhile. :(

ilovebOObs,
Reactions: turk

turk

turk
....I'll be sure to let you know boobs...:).....maybe if your "bowls" weren't so filled...:)

turk,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Which is better the straight or the bent mouthpiece?

I like the bent mouthpiece more, but (and a big but) - its harder to gather the resin inside because of the angles and that's why I pretty the straight one...

Well with few more days with the solo I got this friend of mine really hooked up on it and she might even buy a new one!

Its just getting better and better!!!

But today I learned a lesson - do not share you solo in weddings...
So I just wanted to show my friend the solo and I ended up giving it to a bunch of guys - easily 5-10 guys used it in a row and I was interested to see how well it does work...I was amazed that everyone got visible vapor everyone took 2 small hits and returned it to me...then I gave it another round...
Then comes this douchebag who takes out the stem and light it like a pipe
And I was like WTF dude you ****ing idiot GTFO.... WOW what a douche, I threw the screen and mourned on the resin that have just because poo... well looking on the bright side its glass and I just took boiling water and soap and let it soak for an hour and its brand new... :)

Now guys, everyone here grind your herb? I had to use my hands in the weddings and it felt like it vaporized much better than when I'm using my scissors

m0sh,
Reactions: sessnet

shadyonedeath

I have a slightly different experience my vapor friends... I got my replacement Solo from Puffitup today. It's a m107 and the other one was a m105. Randy told me a month ago, when he sent it, that it was from the last batch and supposedly the latest model. The new one's differences:
What was it being replaced for? My 106 seems to be lacking temps.

shadyonedeath,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I am excited, and looking forward to trying out Ed's wood stem! I know it will be a few more days before they ship out. I am very curious to see how it performs compared to the regular ones. I'll be watching for the updated PV stems too, there better be a 14mm gong in the works :tup:

Me too. ordered one the day. Looks very nice....

Whats the recommend way to clean wood stems?

ru_frothi,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
To clean wood stems you can still use high% ISO. Use a qtip or pipe cleaner and make damp not wet. Run through the tube a couple of times, and wipe off using a dry qtip/pipe cleaner - just be quick about it and don't let the alcohol sit on the wood and you'll be ok.

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: rufrothy

vape4life

Banned for life
To clean wood stems you can still use high% ISO. Use a qtip or pipe cleaner and make damp not wet. Run through the tube a couple of times, and wipe off using a dry qtip/pipe cleaner - just be quick about it and don't let the alcohol sit on the wood and you'll be ok.

Is that really going to get it clean though? That wouldnt work with my glass stems, I have to soak and then rinse with hot water. Cleaning is the main issue i'm not going with the wood....won't there be a bit of an iso taste using that method?

rufrothy, don't have the email anymore from Debbie, but it was during a conversation after my warranty service and inquiry into "discount solos" on ebay. Regardless, I only buy from authorized retailers such as PV, because their service is worth more than saving a couple of bucks.

ili, I can assure you I have the latest solo with the M1D from PV. I agree that the parts are all a mix, and so far I don't really notice much else that's different other than the stems have become looser quicker than the m107. I like the loose stems though so no worries for me there. You make an interesting point, because I notice that the vapour in this new unit isn't as "harsh" either...and vapour seems more easily produced, yet it's definitely not hotter than the m107, in fact it's about the same.

Mine didn't come aligned that well, some screws weren't screwed in all the way, and the unit has a slight "rattle" to it where the ceramic heater is (under it) so I can never fix it. I did noticed from time to time the sound of the heater clicking, but no where remotely as much as the last m107.

vape4life,

natural farmer

Today is the second day with the m107... I still can't get used to how much better it is than the m105. Day and night! Effortless production of vapor and huge clouds! I really can't get enough of it... :science:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer

Thats exactly how I would have put it JRR, thanks for the tips!

Ok, I am currently sold out of these! Its been overwhelming to say the least! All orders of these will go out first thing Monday the 21st. I have sold some to stores you all are really familiar with so if you gotta have one there will be some more out there in a week or two, however long it takes for them to get em available for sale at their sites. I will have more ready in 2-3 weeks, spent $1000 buying SS yesterday to make sure I have enough and not run out for a while. Have enough lumber to last a while also.

These tubes will have the 1/2" screen inserted within the SS, there will be a 1/2" internal retaining clip placed just over the screen inside the SS to hold the screen in place. The screen may stay in place without the clip but I didn't feel confident that it would, so that's why the clip is holding it snug. I don't want anyone out there using these somewhere and they blow out the load, screen goes with it, it gets lost, they may not have an extra screen to replace it rendering useless until another is inserted. These tubes will come with a 4-5"L x 1/4" OD dowel rod/ram rod that you may use to push the screen and clip out for cleaning and replacing the screen. The clip will have to be pushed back in over the screen to hold it in place if the user see's fit to do so. Also these fit so nice and tight within the unit, way better than the glass I have used. I have placed the tube in it and turning it upside down trying to shake it out, I have really gotta shake the hell out of it to get it to dislodge.

I am sure everyone will enjoy testing them and look forward to all feedback anxiously!

vape4life

Banned for life
Ed, I really am intrigued by your new stems! However, i'm still stuck on getting the wood spic and span clean of vapour resin. I understand the damp pipe cleaner method, but somehow I don't see that getting it completely clean, plus it would require some sort of a hot water rinse which isn't good for wood. If I could put these cleaning worries aside, i'd be so down for the wood! It's the wood that makes it good! lol

Back in my combustion days, they had these "baseball bat" type pipes that you would fill the bowl part with and it had a little hole for the flame. Well, back in the day my buddy had a WOODEN "bat" we called it, and then I wanted one, but they ONLY came in aluminum after that, so we had a wooden and aluminum bat lol I think they stopped selling the wooden ones for hygiene reasons?

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
All I can say Vaped4life is for all the dough we spend on vapes/bubblers/combustion products that these would be something worth a try. I have never heard anyone mention a bad thing bout the vapor resin that builds up in any of my pieces. I think you would be glad you gave em a shot and would like to hear your thoughts. I have some really nice brass bats with a wooden sleeve on my site, the wood is just to keep the temp from burning your lips. No resin at all in the wood. Pls take a sec and look over my site at what I offer, these may be something like you used back in the day. I have sold quite a bit of wood for the CRZ and LB, these Solo tubes seem to be more popular so far than the other two. The wood species I am using for these tubes are super dense, think that pushing them through several times with high ISO% would do the trick without harming the interior of the wood itself.

I aint tryin to twist your arm, all I am saying it what could it hurt?

Ed's TnT,
Top Bottom