Arizer Solo

OF

I just tried my OG solo and i have the same problem :(, i guess its' the battery because my Solo stay unused for while, i don't think it's worth to change the battery for my use, 40€ for a battery is too much for me ....

Not to 'kick a man when he's down', but it's too bad we demanded they drop 'true PA' (using the special 9 Volt supply connected to the charge port on the OG Solo) for the 'much better use while charging'. A dead battery there still works just fine powered by the mains?

Sad idea to send a Solo to the dumps.

"Be careful what you ask for".

OF

Razshiro

Not to 'kick a man when he's down', but it's too bad we demanded they drop 'true PA' (using the special 9 Volt supply connected to the charge port on the OG Solo) for the 'much better use while charging'. A dead battery there still works just fine powered by the mains?

Sad idea to send a Solo to the dumps.

"Be careful what you ask for".

OF

Sorry my english is bad and i don't know if i understand what you say xD. I have the "PA" and use only this adapter with my Solo; the problem remain the same with PA plugged, Do i need to unplug the battery and plug the PA only?
PmnZLPj.png

I just tried another time and this time the problem seems not to be the same:|, the "Heat" led blink red, i have the blue led "Idle" but after severals second the Solo beep and go back to "charge" mode (Charge led blink green, battery charged really fast)
I tried without the PA, i smell hot air like it works but the Led stay on "1" and after severals second the led turn off and go back to "Idle" blue led ...
Any idea?
Thanks

OF

I just tried another time and this time the problem seems not to be the same:|, the "Heat" led blink red, i have the blue led "Idle" but after severals second the Solo beep and go back to "charge" mode (Charge led blink green, battery charged really fast)
I tried without the PA, i smell hot air like it works but the Led stay on "1" and after severals second the led turn off and go back to "Idle" blue led ...
Any idea?
Thanks

Confusing. That should work for a PA if the Solo is old enough? How old is yours?

If it "goes back to charge" it sure sounds like a current model (use while charging) with a bad battery pack.

OF

Otherwise the description above sure sounds like a 'dead' battery.

OF

Thanks for your fast answer !! i bought this Solo 4-5 years ago (serial M1A4...)when Massdrop had awesome vaporizer deal (sad they stopped to sell MJ stuff)...
:tup:Thanks again

That old it might be 'True PA', for sure if you've used that supply successfully in the past? Serial numbers are not useful here.

You are still using the factory charger as well, right? That 8.5 Volts won't charge the pack and over time it will discharge enough to fail without recharge.

Are you charging normally 'from time to time' using the supplied 12 VDC charger? If not, that's the problem?

You're welcome, hope we can get it fixed.....

OF

Razshiro

I never used the supplied 12 VDC charger coz i lost it some years ago^^. So now after let the solo plugged with a PA for 1 hour:
  • Battery is at lvl "5"
  • With the PA plugged, Red "Heat" led blinking forever and i can smell the very hot air, im sure i can combust if i try it ...
  • Without the PA plugged, the "Heat" stay on "1" and after severals second the led turn off and go back to "Idle" blue led
i think i will make a video for show all those issue :p ... Thank again ;)

edit: i just found the 12VDC charger, omg , solo is in charge atm ...

Last edited:

OF

Well, the problem is the same. After i've used the 12 vc charger, i guess the pack is :rip:.:(

It could be, but I would not give up hope too easily. There are two cells in the pack, one is sure to be stronger than the other. I'd try it a few times at least. Charge as much as it will, run it as best you can to discharge it some and try recharging again. If you can get enough charge in the pack it should again support the PA.

Good luck with it.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
[Q
BYdTcMT.jpg
@ataxian, I don't know how you did it, but all the talk about your Solo OG dying made my Solo go wonky.

Had a session, then tried to turn on a second time, no charging lights no heating lights just a beep when plugged in or taken off the charger.

Does anyone have any ideas?
I changed the BATTERY PACK'S in my SOLO'S

I use the SOLO many times a day!

Last edited by a moderator:

Razshiro

It could be, but I would not give up hope too easily. There are two cells in the pack, one is sure to be stronger than the other. I'd try it a few times at least. Charge as much as it will, run it as best you can to discharge it some and try recharging again. If you can get enough charge in the pack it should again support the PA.

Good luck with it.

OF

Thanks a lot OF, after severals discharge/charge, my Solo is alive :tup:,i can even use it without the PA, awesome !! :cheers:
RpRlZzL.png

OF

Thanks a lot OF, after severals discharge/charge, my Solo is alive :tup:,i can even use it without the PA, awesome !! :cheers:

Yer welcome. Glad it worked out, sometimes it doesn't. A cell could really be trashed, sometimes the protection PCB in the pack can 'lock up' and resist reset (what I think may have happened here?). Recovery is not guaranteed. Remember, there's a good chance at least one of the cells is damaged, for sure one is weaker than the other now (badly 'out of balance'?), deep discharges will hammer it death while it's mate is getting easy duty. "Keep it between the ditches", I'd recharge after a final session on step 2. PA use when possible is advised.

Enjoy your Solo.

How would you guys compare the OG solo versus the SOlo II for anyone that would have tried it? I just had mine die and both are on sale. Mostly use mine around the house....
I have my 4th SOLO 1 (use it 24/7)

The difference I've been told: The control panel is newer design-wise the rest is pretty much the same?

EMPIRICAL?

@ataxian has it right again. I don't know how that happens so often.......

Solo II will do very little more than Solo I. It's a bit smaller (oval not round in cross section), has a metal bottom (no cracking) and about 50% more battery time (say 12 sessions over 8?). Draw resistance is on par with current Solo Is so that issue is moot.

Small features, but useful added. Like better control of beeps and display levels. Display is OK, but could be more informative IMO. For instance, battery level isn't in percent, or even small steps. It's actually better on Solo I where you have 8 levels, not the four (5?) on the new one.

Your call, but IMO there's not much there there. I have one, but don't plan on another (and I have several Solo Is). Solo I is at least as strong performer as it ever was, if the price is right.......

Whatever you do don't dither too long. A Solo deprived existence is grim indeed. Uselessly so.

Regards to all,

OF

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I have both and would choose the Solo II over the Solo I. The II is smaller, has better battery life, comes with a case to keep it all together and IMO the draw resistance is less with the II. The vaper quality is pretty much identical but the Solo II can reach a higher temp and this allows for slightly bigger clouds. If your a low to middle temp user there really is nothing in it. Battery life on the Solo II is amazing and overall form factor wins it for me.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have both and would choose the Solo II over the Solo I. The II is smaller, has better battery life, comes with a case to keep it all together and IMO the draw resistance is less with the II. The vaper quality is pretty much identical but the Solo II can reach a higher temp and this allows for slightly bigger clouds. If your a low to middle temp user there really is nothing in it. Battery life on the Solo II is amazing and overall form factor wins it for me.
Maybe it depends what is important to the user?

OF

Maybe it depends what is important to the user?

The key to the castle for sure! With Solo there's also the 'many ways to use it' factor. The machine supports a wide variety of users and does so in a reliable, repeatable fashion.

In a highly personal 'game' it's a very flexible tool indeed. But in the end what matters is 'does this vape suit the user?'.

Good call, @ataxian.

OF

sickmanfraud

Unless I can figure out what "killed" Solo Og I am stuck with a pile of PVHES stems and GonGs that don't fit in the Solo 2.

Actually, my Air OG would work with the PVHES items. Now more thought required...

Top Bottom