“It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”
Carl Sagan

I thought this was appropriate.
Carl SAGAN was a cool nerd!
ay9BJbX.jpg

This SOLO has everlasting life?
DIE! I want to justify a #2!

Xxmarcellusxx

Had my solo for 2 years and had no issues. Started having issues 2 weeks ago so I replaced both battery and charger. It still will not charge. Only lights on is blue idle and red charging. Is it time to replace it? Thoughts?

Xxmarcellusxx,

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Had my solo for 2 years and had no issues. Started having issues 2 weeks ago so I replaced both battery and charger. It still will not charge. Only lights on is blue idle and red charging. Is it time to replace it? Thoughts?

If you are handy try unmount the circuit board
On the opposite side, where soldering points are, I found on mine a lot of reclaim accumulated over 3 yrs
Mine was acting strange too but different
When I cleaned reclaim (and let totally evaporate iso after cleaning - 1 week) it got back in shape and still working like day 1

Good luck

Xxmarcellusxx

If you are handy try unmount the circuit board
On the opposite side, where soldering points are, I found on mine a lot of reclaim accumulated over 3 yrs
Mine was acting strange too but different
When I cleaned reclaim (and let totally evaporate iso after cleaning - 1 week) it got back in shape and still working like day 1

Good luck

Tried disassembling and looking at circuitry, any access build up and kink/short in wiring and all looks good. Don't know what's next perhaps time to buy a new one

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Sorry to hear

Did you actually try unmounting the board and looking on the "dark side"? On mine the most of reclaim (looking like rust) was on the soldering points of wires from battery to board

If nothing works, know that @PlanetVape offers units alone for reduced price

Xxmarcellusxx

Sorry to hear

Did you actually try unmounting the board and looking on the "dark side"? On mine the most of reclaim (looking like rust) was on the soldering points of wires from battery to board

If nothing works, know that @PlanetVape offers units alone for reduced price

I took it all apart and looked behind the board as well. No dirt or rust whatsoever. Soldering points look intact as well. Looks like I will be placing an order with planetvape

OF

I don't recall seeing this one before, do you enjoy this one OF, or does it live in a drawer?

Yes, and have recommended it on this thread IIRC.

I bet if you do a search on that PIU link you posted you'll find it's been discussed a fair bit. The base 'little bubbler with traps' idea has been around a lot longer. Here's on mounted on an Air stem:
0UpeNOl.jpg

And another, on an adapter to screw into Flower Mates in place of the stock MP:
QMRwKnY.jpg

A neat feature is the built in traps so you can safely carry it loaded, filled and ready to go (no leaks). Cap the load end of course if you don't want to lose your herb. The tiny bit of trapped water does a fair job for several bowl before too much evaporates away, then I drop maybe 6 or 10 drops of water down the MP (say 3 drops at a time, pulling a 'cold hit' or at least a puff, between). I clean maybe every dozen loads, but that depends on the herb, cure, temperature, load size and such.

You can flush out the water and replace it with fresh any time you wish, of course, but I find washing it out every dozen loads or so is just as effective.

Regards to all.

OF

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Thanks friends! Seems like the perfect little tool for hydrating vapor from my Air! Not sure which rock I've been living under that's caused me to miss this... must be this one :rip:

:rofl:

OF

Thanks friends! Seems like the perfect little tool for hydrating vapor from my Air! Not sure which rock I've been living under that's caused me to miss this... must be this one :rip:

:rofl:

Not to worry, you're on track now.

It's not a replacement for a full blown rig of course, but it's a great option to have handy and the price is right. Not that they're Ataxian proof (what glass thing is?), but I've dropped mine 3 times now, twice in the sink, once on the kitchen floor. Not only didn't it break (yet), but no leaks!

Recommended.

OF

Buzzbomb Almighty

If you can carry it with water in it and not leak I suppose that's an improvement on the pinnacle type. I looked at these a year or so ago but went with the others. When I'm out and want to use a pinnacle I have to have the water with me and pour it out after. Usually no big deal but not exactly stealthy either.

thx1138

does anyone know a good screwdriver with plenty of torque and a easily gripped (hopefully big) handle, because I bought a replacement battery for my trusty Solo OG but don't have anything beyond thin handled screwdrivers I use for glasses and things
A pic or a name of the right screwdriver would be soooo helpful, thanks

OF

If you can carry it with water in it and not leak I suppose that's an improvement on the pinnacle type.

You're right there. I too found this problem with PNWT, and while this is smaller you don't need a WPA and the price is right. The key is the extra water trap at the top. To fill it I wash/rinse it out, invert it and blow all the water out through the trap I can. When upright it's a good starting fill (and obviously can't spill out either end.

does anyone know a good screwdriver with plenty of torque and a easily gripped (hopefully big) handle,.......

Yep, you want "size 00 Philips". Avoid number 1 and single 0 as the shape is the same but the slot size scales. That is larger sizes don't fit the screw properly and will 'strip' easily and often fatally. Go with 00, even though the shaft and handle might be tiny. The tip fit is what counts.

You can get them under that specification from lots of places. The key is the tip size (and quality of course). Handle size is easy to fix, either wrap tape around it for a permanent fix or just tape a folded paper towel on it for the job. Wrapping the lot with some rubber bands can improve the grip a lot and is easy to reverse.

thx1138

thanks OF, should I hunt for a 00 Philips with a big handle (are there any?) or should I just worry about the quality of the tip and do a d.i.y. on the best tipped screwdriver I find?

Last edited:

OF

thanks OF, should I hunt for a 00 Philips with a big handle (are there any?) or should I just worry about the quality of the tip and do a d.i.y. on the best tipped screwdriver I find?
They are very uncommon, I have one somewhere. I usually use a Craftsman 41526, similar to these:
https://www.amazon.com/Wiha-26194-S...153493&sr=1-3&keywords=00+philips+screwdriver

It's generally good to not put big handles on little screwdrivers, guys wreck stuff that way. If you're not big on shimming one up, perhaps a Xcellite set with 'torque amplifier' is the call, I have one similar to this:
https://www.amazon.com/Screwdriver-...52473&sr=8-5&keywords=xcelite+screwdriver+set

The screws are not tight, if you make them too snug the plastic tabs break out. Mechanically you need very little torque.

Another option is an adapter, like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Phillips-Bit...F8&qid=1505153300&sr=1-12&keywords=00+philips

which fits all manner of manual and power screwdrivers?

You could also clamp on a small vice grip. This will mark the grip on your new screwdriver.

Interesting idea. Mark it up and nobody is going to lift it out of your toolbox.........

OF

thx1138

thanks lookhigh, I did try the vice grip idea a few days ago, but couldn't get a good fit with the screwdriver in the screwhead and didn't want to tear up the screw's slots.
I am going to look into the screwdrivers you mentioned OF and get back if needed. Those xcelites look like what I had in mind.
thank you both!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That's 'flat earth thinking'. The world is round, that's not how time works. You have to consider time zones. Yes, it's in danger of falling 'any minute' West Coast Time. East Coast Time it's already been there, stationary, for hours.....no danger, really. Over in the UK, under GMT it would have fallen long ago (an hour earlier in Daylight Saving Time......) but obviously didn't break.

On the other side of the Date Line, say Japan or Tiwan, it won't fall unitl a week from Thursday. And it would, of course, fall in Metric there.

And of course, in Austrailia it's clearly pointed the wrong way to work with local gravity.......it's likely to fall up.

Details, man, let's be careful with details. After all, this is Ataxian here.......you know how confused he is sometimes?

And how easily he can make others confused.......

OF
This is a VAPORIZING site!
A Flat EARTH is not logical!

I lived in Chile and did not fall off?
The WORLD is round!
GRAVITY is real! (NEWTON was spot on)

SOLO I love.
Tried to buy a AIR however was out bid!
I might just buy the new TWO model?
My SOLO 1 PINK won't die?

At least I have CANNABIS to get through my level of need.
Tonight JACK HERER ROSIN. (FLAVOR beyond the UNIVERSE)

SOLO is my friend.
SOLO = CIVILZED

Buzzbomb Almighty

My newest Solo died this morning, about a year old and after being rotated with 2 others for that time. Neither Arizer or Agracan answered my queries about the broken bases on that one and the next-oldest one, so I'm not even going to bother raising this with them. When my tech friend comes back to town he'll likely be able to fix it for me. I don't want to take it apart because of the way the base is cracked around the screws; there's a better chance of a good result if I wait for him.

Top Bottom