1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Arizer Solo

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Rockwise, May 27, 2011.

1. Buzzbomb Almighty

Buzzbomb Almighty Well-Known Member

@Pappy when you got your stems did you give each empty stem a full cycle of heat to burn the oil off before trying to vape anything? If not, that might explain the misting.
    2 of my 3 solos have damaged bases now so I covered it in time-honoured tradition, bright yellow duct tape.

2. Pappy

Pappy shmaporist

No, hit them fresh out of box after 24 minute Solo II burnoff. I've owned a half dozen or more Solos, two Airs, plus dozens of PV stems. I never experience this before. Based on the blasé response to my post, I gather it's more common than I think and I've just been lucky up to now.

OF likes this.
  3. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Or didn't have the same conditions/techniques? I think it's pretty common and typically related to how clean the inner surface gets. At least that's my experience (and I think others as well).

To be honest I don't think it's fair to characterize the efforts that many of us made to work with you on this topic "blasé", it was, IMO a sincere effort to help out a fellow Forum Member.......... I'm sorry if it didn't involve a bunch of us joining some idea that suddenly quality on Arizer stems had crashed as you wished?

OF

Derrrpp, kellya86 and sickmanfraud like this.
  4. Pappy

Pappy shmaporist

I appreciate your input but I think you're misreading this. I interpreted the forum's blasé response as a indication that "it's more common than I think and I've just been lucky up to now"; as I said. I found the blasé response to my issue enlightening. Nor did I select the word, blasé, for its insult value, I chose it because that's how I interpreted it. Lastly, I'm not interested in fomenting an uprising against Arizer. But out of dozens of Arizer stems and elbows I used, I do personally consider these two the most problematic. I haven't lost any sleep over it. But if it becomes prevalent -- a new Arizer norm -- I imagine others will really start bitching about it.
    :peace:

Derrrpp and OF like this.
  5. eaglesgift

eaglesgift Member

For whatever it's worth, my stems never clouded up like that until after I first cleaned them with PBW. Up till that time I always used an ISO soak and a hot water rinse.

Derrrpp and OF like this.
  6. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Interesting. Perhaps we're using different techniques since I see just the opposite? That is no clouding with PBW washing but do/did see it with ISO from time to time.

Interesting......but still it seems related to cleaning not any changes in the glass or QC?

OF

Derrrpp, sickmanfraud and Pappy like this.
  7. OF

OF Well-Known Member

In the ironic way things sometimes work, I'd just finished enjoying my Solo II and one of Randy's 'WT Arizer stems" with some lovely top shelf I got the other day when I found a newbie struggling with just what this guy fixes. It occurs to me he's far from alone, so I'd encourage those interested in such things, or having trouble with 'harsh vapor' to wonder over there and look for amusment:
    OF's PIU stem rant

There's a photo of a similar one with water in it and lots of rambling on why you should take a fifteen dollar flyer on this one. "Trust me", it really can make a difference for a very small price and very little trouble to use.

These guys work with the original Solo (this model), the Solo II and Air.....making them more useful still?

Regards to all on what looks to be a great day indeed.

OF

Derrrpp, Pappy and jpdnkstr like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors