• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
That Stem is Amazing. How hot does the SS Liner get during a 10 minute session?
I don't have an arizer unfortunately so I can't say. I don't think it will get that hot? It's not like thin metal where it'll heat up instantly. The whole mouthpiece would warm up as one due to the tight fit of the steel liner to the wood.

How hot does the glass get?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The end of the mouthpiece that sits in the oven gets pretty hot. You can get burned. The stem cools, whereas half way up the stem is just slightly warm. The end where you draw from isn't warm at all. I use my temps mostly at 4, 5 and bump up to six at the end of my session. A slow draw is the right type of airflow. I use a medium to a fine grind from my SLX grinder.

Happy Sunday!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The end of the mouthpiece that sits in the oven gets pretty hot. You can get burned. The stem cools, whereas half way up the stem is just slightly warm. The end where you draw from isn't warm at all. I use my temps mostly at 4, 5 and bump up to six at the end of my session. A slow draw is the right type of airflow. I use a medium to a fine grind from my SLX grinder.

Happy Sunday!
LvbLCAt.jpg

Out of the BOX the SOLO will kick your ASS.

GLASS on the lips = CIVILIZED

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
use small amount often LOL.
seriously anyway you use the solo it works just try and try some more and if you like it try it again.

:lol: All right Just wanted to probe the knowledge and experience of my predecessors in vapeland exploration. All the best lookhigh. Thanks :peace:
'Tis a lesson you should heed:
Try, try, try again.
If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try, try again." Hickson

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You can make a dome shape out of your screens using the end of a pencil, like the eraser end. Folks sell the dome shaped screens. Give the Solo thread a search for Solo dome screens. That can help you to use less bud in your oven for micro dosing.

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
You can make a dome shape out of your screens using the end of a pencil, like the eraser end. Folks sell the dome shaped screens. Give the Solo thread a search for Solo dome screens. That can help you to use less bud in your oven for micro dosing.

Thanks CarolKing, that's an execellent idea. I'm still wrestling with the operation of the site, particularly the 'search' engine. How do I specify a search only in the Solo thread for the Solo dome screens without looking at all posts?

OF

Being new to vaporizing and its techniques, I would appreciate very much your insights and suggestion on how to use the solo for micro-dosing. Thanks.

!. Try the domed screens, 'dome up' of course. Cuts the load size in half more or less without effecting production.
2. Try removing the stem (to stop heating fast) after a couple of hits.
3. Set aside some time to read up on the topic here, say 25 or 50 pages at a crack, lots of excellent discussion on the topic.

OF

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
!. Try the domed screens, 'dome up' of course. Cuts the load size in half more or less without effecting production.
2. Try removing the stem (to stop heating fast) after a couple of hits.
3. Set aside some time to read up on the topic here, say 25 or 50 pages at a crack, lots of excellent discussion on the topic.

OF

Much obliged OF. I did start to read on the topic here and you are absolutely right, very informative and thoughtful discussions. Removing the stem asap after should indeed spare the medecin so it wont 'evaporate'... and can be further used later. :peace:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
:lol: All right Just wanted to probe the knowledge and experience of my predecessors in vapeland exploration. All the best lookhigh. Thanks :peace:
'Tis a lesson you should heed:
Try, try, try again.
If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try, try again." Hickson
I use a GLASS DISC SCREEN in my GonG or STEM to shorten the load.
However I did that a few years ago!

Enjoy your SOLO. (very functional)

SOUR DIESEL = FLAVOR + POWER = CIVILIZED

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?

Buzzbomb Almighty

As you've seen there is a lot of variation in what works for different people. I struggled at first, tried different stems, screens, temp settings, and sometimes thought I'd found an improvement only to decide I wasn't getting enough of a hit. The answer for me came with using a bubbler and gong and cranking the oven to 7. A little pinnacle portable water tool is in front of me at work now, not quite as good as the D0-20 but good enough. Just using a stem isn't getting the abv (already been vaped) nearly as dark or medicating me as well. On the other hand, I have a friend who's been using a solo for about a year now just with the stock stems and he's happy with it; courses for horses.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
As you've seen there is a lot of variation in what works for different people. I struggled at first, tried different stems, screens, temp settings, and sometimes thought I'd found an improvement only to decide I wasn't getting enough of a hit. The answer for me came with using a bubbler and gong and cranking the oven to 7. A little pinnacle portable water tool is in front of me at work now, not quite as good as the D0-20 but good enough. Just using a stem isn't getting the abv (already been vaped) nearly as dark or medicating me as well. On the other hand, I have a friend who's been using a solo for about a year now just with the stock stems and he's happy with it; courses for horses.
Fine grind, level 7, 30 second heat soak... bang! First hit is incredible. And they just keep on coming. For a long while I used my Solo just like that, connected to the power adapter (old Solo model). It didn't leave the power adapter for a solid year, only to use the charger @OF was kind enough to gift me. The charger is still working perfectly, by the way!! Nowadays it sees use at level 2-4 in the mornings with a cup of coffee for that long 12 minute session with a dry straight stem. I'll go back to it with the bubbler or into another vape later because the higher heat levels bother me dry. It's good enough to do both!

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Hi FC'ers, I was wondering about who out of the people who hang out here in this Solo section use an O ring in their Solo?

I ask because I use my older black solo with a replaced battery and an O ring way more than I use my newer silver Solo which I couldnt get an o ring to fit. My silver solo just sits in the hard case for back up use really. Without an O ring on it the stems feel too loose to me.

Does anyone else feel the same way and is there anyway to fit an o ring on my newer silver solo? I felt like I was busting the thread the few times I tried to get one to fit in the past. The top still screws on fine though so I dont think I stuffed the thread too badly. The o ring just would not seat correctly like it does on the older model.

I'd really like to get an o ring on my newer silver solo, is that possible?
I have both a black and silver Solo. Both have had "o" rings installed from day one. I never worry about blocking the holes in the heater, although I may rock the stem sometimes. I like the way the "o" ring keeps the bent stem from rotating, especially when an extension is added. I would not use this way unless tiny washers are added to the screws on the bottom of the unit.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have both a black and silver Solo. Both have had "o" rings installed from day one. I never worry about blocking the holes in the heater, although I may rock the stem sometimes. I like the way the "o" ring keeps the bent stem from rotating, especially when an extension is added. I would not use this way unless tiny washers are added to the screws on the bottom of the unit.
You are the Macgyver around here.
@Quetzalcoatl was here today as well!

I love the SOLO!
Perfect for me? (gardening, studing, goofing off)

SOLO = CIVILIZED

Whatever your method maybe?

I like medium grind (like scissors)?
Also I like a 3 or 2 piece grinder.
Screen don't work for my style of medicating.
TRICHOMES I leave on the load.

SOLO level 4 for me. (WET or DRY)
Everyone has their tolerance?

SMALL CAN LIKE a BUBBLER for a PORTABLE.
In HS after surfing this is the music for ceramic!
Party MUSIC

Last edited:

Buzzbomb Almighty

It was time to gather all the glass up and have a little alcohol party; it's nice. First I took whisps of cotton-batten and my olive pick, wiped the gongs out a bit and made up some tar and dust balls and threw them in the basement of the grinder. If someone says it's impossible to get a mind-fuck out of the Solo they haven't sucked back one of those. :)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
So, then logically:

SOLO = CIVILIZED

Based on the established Transitive Property 'if a=b and b=c then a=c)
http://www.mathwords.com/t/transitive_property.htm

Works for me...... Solo is civilized indeed.

OF
SPACE CANDY + GIRL SCOUT COOKIES + PHVES from planetvape.com + SOLO at 4.0 = MAX FLIGHT or CIVILIZED

If your CANNABIS is EPIC = SOLO CIVILIZED

SC + GSC + PHVES + SOLO + 4 = CIVILIZED

Do the math?

SATIVA FANS = TANGERINE DREAM will kick your ass!
Sjhv55c.jpg

Mine is SHINEY! (my ASS is fine my cannabis is fine.)

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
SPACE CANDY + GIRL SCOUT COOKIES + PHVES from planetvape.com + SOLO at 4.0 = MAX FLIGHT or CIVILIZED

If your CANNABIS is EPIC = SOLO CIVILIZED

SC + GSC + PHVES + SOLO + 4 = CIVILIZED

Do the math?

SATIVA FANS = TANGERINE DREAM will kick your ass!
Sjhv55c.jpg

Mine is SHINEY! (my ASS is fine my cannabis is fine.)
One of my Top 5 concentrates was a Tangie Dreams (Tangie x Blue Dream) live resin by Miss Nug Run (she's in Los Angeles!). It was so good it sugared up, the taste from low temp dabs was incredible! Citrus mouth punch!! I only dabbed it though, never did put any through the Solo. Finishing up a stem of some Clementine flower right now though, I like the taste of it through the Solo at 2 better than the VapCap. Not nearly as good as the short wand with the LSV, but my LSV is on the other side of the room and not on the couch!

Top Bottom