Arizer Solo

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
My advice is 'use it or charge it, but never at the same time'. The battery will thank you for it. Best life is probably discharge down to the bottom couple LEDs and recharge again. If possible stop the charge with the 7th (or even 6th) LED lit but still charging with the top LED flashing still. That, stopping charging a bit early, alone will double (or more) your battery lifespan as described in the above article. The military typically specifies a reduced charge, 3.95V plus or minus .05 IIRC rather than the more normal 4.15 =/- .05. Often even that is pushed a bit in the quest for more run time.......and one might thing sell a few more replacements? The military guys are trading 20% run time for four times the service life. This can mean never having to replace the battery pack or having to schedule maintenance.

It's real, too.

Regards to all,

OF

Thank you OF for this astute information that I will put to use from now on. Hope keeping my SOLO strong and for a long time. I'm new to the site and do enjoy very much all your insghts. Be seeing you.

The NLE is yesterday's news, nobody wants white anymore. the latest trend is PINK, and people will do almost anything to get one!
I believe that white underscores the snow in Canada, celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2017. Somewhat of a 'collector's item' in this year which is supposed to bring the legalisation of cannabis in the country.

Last edited by a moderator:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I believe that white underscores the snow in Canada, celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2017. Somewhat of a 'collector's item' in this year which is supposed to bring the legalisation of cannabis in the country.
cmolmOa.jpg

I have a PINK one however the WHITE looks nice\
Charging with my GIZMO @OF made me.
pTH9zGu.jpg

Not MEDICATED yet!
Soon = CIVILIZED

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Can anyone with a Solo and an Air tell me if the threaded mouth pieces can be swapped between the different stem pieces? Are the threads the same for the solo and air mouth piece? If so I'm beginning to make wooden stems that will thread on to the glass with stainless steel liners. My prototype is on an Air stem below.

I don't own a Solo or Air so your help will be much appreciated.

351fzi1.jpg

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Can anyone with a Solo and an Air tell me if the threaded mouth pieces can be swapped between the different stem pieces? Are the threads the same for the solo and air mouth piece? If so I'm beginning to make wooden stems that will thread on to the glass with stainless steel liners. My prototype is on an Air stem below.

351fzi1.jpg

Very nice! Yes both vapes use same type of stem

sickmanfraud

Very nice! Yes both vapes use same type of stem

The stem with the integrated black tip can be used in many ways. Yours seems to be adding wood ? and length.

Two things to keep in mind. First, the Solo has stems that are already 90 mm and 110 mm for purchase.

Number 2 is very important The Arizer Air has a much tighter opening than the Solo. Make sure any accessories you make will fit the Air and you can be sure the Solo will fit okay.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
The stem with the integrated black tip can be used in many ways. Yours seems to be adding wood ? and length.

Two things to keep in mind. First, the Solo has stems that are already 90 mm and 110 mm for purchase.

Number 2 is very important The Arizer Air has a much tighter opening than the Solo. Make sure any accessories you make will fit the Air and you can be sure the Solo will fit okay.
I'm well aware that they have longer stems already. I just wanted to make some nice mouth pieces for these vapes. The added length on the mouth piece was designed to mimic the longer stems.

For your second concern I will not be selling the glass parts that go into vapes. The wood piece will protrude just like the black plastic one does.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

351fzi1.jpg
Wood on your lips?
I had a friend that had 24 large plants growing inside. He made me coffee that tasted like sock juice. I realized that some people taste is not important even if their talented at something else.

Some will like wood on their lips?

I going to have a WAKE & VAPE session so I can not post until I'm unmedicated.

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
Silly me, I thought the idea was to sell more Solos........

OF
OF course they're in it for the money...!:\ The hype around the white solo seems stricly a marketing construct to entice purchasing, without any difference with previous unit other than cosmetic; otherwise they would have mentionned it for sure. But I guess one can do it in style... and the they do. "Buy now while quantities last..." says the add. I won't.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
OF course they're in it for the money...!:\ The hype around the white solo seems strictly a marketing construct to entice purchasing, without any difference with previous unit other than cosmetic; otherwise they would have mentioned it for sure. But I guess one can do it in style... and the they do. "Buy now while quantities last..." says the add. I won't.
The WHITE one has a WHITE PLASTIC FACE.
If you have the cash get the WHITE one.
Fugal = PAINT it
CIVILIZED = whatever color use it!

COLOR has no GENDER

VapeHeadz

Hi FC'ers, I was wondering about who out of the people who hang out here in this Solo section use an O ring in their Solo?

I ask because I use my older black solo with a replaced battery and an O ring way more than I use my newer silver Solo which I couldnt get an o ring to fit. My silver solo just sits in the hard case for back up use really. Without an O ring on it the stems feel too loose to me.

Does anyone else feel the same way and is there anyway to fit an o ring on my newer silver solo? I felt like I was busting the thread the few times I tried to get one to fit in the past. The top still screws on fine though so I dont think I stuffed the thread too badly. The o ring just would not seat correctly like it does on the older model.

I'd really like to get an o ring on my newer silver solo, is that possible?

OF

Does anyone else feel the same way and is there anyway to fit an o ring on my newer silver solo? I felt like I was busting the thread the few times I tried to get one to fit in the past.

I guess that's two questions? Yes, it's very common, has been discussed many times. There is a thickness change in the cap (the outside is in the same place, so the inside has to be lower.....). The newer one is on the left:
nm3vf41.jpg

As we've discussed, you can either sand the ring down (stick it to tape to use as a handle to sweep the other side of the ring on a flat sheet of sandpaper on the deck) or use a smaller cord o-ring with the same ID. Or both if necessary? In any event, it's critical that you don't use the cap as a clamp. Especially to 'tighten up' the stem grip. This will end up breaking the four small tabs on the bottom as the unexpected pressure pushes the works out the bottom. The idea is the ring grips the stem on it's own and is only clamped in place enough to keep from rotating the bent stem. That's what the intention is, keeping the stem from rotating.

I advise never 'clamping down' with the cap more than !/4 turn after contact with the rubber. Caps don't all interchange, BTW, butch the threads on one and it's likely to be a complete replacement (not a big deal).

Anyway, IIRC you want #113 for the thin caps (9/16 ID, 3/32 cord) or #015 (9/16 X 1/16). Stick with high temperature (say 450F) rated rings, fit them carefully and enjoy.

BTW another thing you can consider is nipping gaps out of the ring, not enough to effect it's grip but increasing the airflow and it's control. You can see how I do it, I sluice the bit bulging out from under the jaws with a razor blade:
CApRNuG.jpg

The last few times I cut the notches 'on the bottom' (rather than the inside), that is the part against the top of the oven.

Regards to all.

OF

OF

Why cant they just sell some o rings that fit.

"They" do, your experience with the first one is proof of that? That is you took one 'out of the box' and fit it with no troubles? The size needed (to fit most if not all) has changed is all? It's still possible, I think, the rules just changed a bit.

If 'They' is meant to mean Arizer, I strongly suspect they're not all that happy with the whole idea. They don't sell or include them AFAIK and are on record as not fixing broken tabs caused this way.......or any other way for that matter?

Sand it down (a fair bit, you need large 'flats' on both sides) or get the smaller cord size. Or only screw the cap on until it makes contact (and a touch more) then hold it in place with some tape or a drop of candle wax (like I did early on).

OF

OF

While it doesn't feel right to have a loose stem the performance is still great or better if you like less resistance.
Some shrink wrap is good too, just don't cover the whole bowl.

Many of us use that looseness to tip the stem in the oven to control flow, IMO a very useful feature I wish was on Air.

I'm not sure what the (heat?) shrink thing is about, but be careful most HS is not rated for these high temperatures. It basically continues to shrink (getting thicker) and eventually splitting. Some types outgas, some of that is nasty.

PTFE (Teflon), HT Silicone and other materials are free of this, as is the (expensive and hard to find) high temperature shrink IIRC, I used it once in a 200C application. It was, to say the least, hard to shrink......

OF

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Hey guys I just finished my first arizer threaded mouth piece. Let me know what you think. The total length with glass is 85mm and the mouth piece itself is 50mm. There's a stainless steel liner running through the middle of it to protect the wood from vapour.

11alaaa.jpg

sickmanfraud

Hey guys I just finished my first arizer threaded mouth piece. Let me know what you think. The total length with glass is 85mm and the mouth piece itself is 50mm. There's a stainless steel liner running through the middle of it to protect the wood from vapour.

11alaaa.jpg

That Stem is Amazing. How hot does the SS Liner get during a 10 minute session?

Top Bottom