Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I managed to drop my GonG the other day... And it bounced!
If I could somehow find compensation for every time I've touched the hot glass..
The GonG (pvhe turbo) wasn't even phased by the drop, much to my relief :)
Still going strong with the Solo :rockon:
I love your story!

I'm not as lucky!

I keep telling myself to have some made in a high tech composite at the machine shop!
Glass feels great on the lips. For a GonG (glass?) it's only a joint adapter?

Since I added a 113 seal I haven't broke a stem in a long time.

I quit GonG-ing after breaking so many.

All my small bubbler for the SOLO are collecting dust!

It's so embarrassing!

I just use a SOLO dry now!

The SOLO taste good dry!
PHVES STEM level 4 + CALIFORNIA LIV'n = painless

Duncan MacLeod

LOL, I figured it out after 2-3 burns. Have it down now, the dang thing gets hot.
Sorry, just had to.
Really though, compensation?
After a few burns, I figured out how to remove it from the Solo
Now I set it down safely, forget about it, then grab it (OW!)
Compensation as in: 'If I had a penny for every time I did it...'
The pennies still wouldn't pay for a new one I guess, so I'm lucky I don't need one!

Ataxian, I like your solution for broken glass!
I'll be joining you once I'm done breaking things!

OF

I managed to drop my GonG the other day... And it bounced!
I think Ataxian can help you there, maybe PM him for a few hints?

Very few glass pieces survive even a casual brush with the master. In fact I understand the parent glass pieces use him to scare the young into behaving.....lest Ataxian come get them in the dead of night. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but it sure wouldn't surprise me if it was......

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I think Ataxian can help you there, maybe PM him for a few hints?

Very few glass pieces survive even a casual brush with the master. In fact I understand the parent glass pieces use him to scare the young into behaving.....lest Ataxian come get them in the dead of night. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but it sure wouldn't surprise me if it was......

OF
You know I love COMEDY?

Your the funny guy on this site!

I have broke GonG's like nobodies business.

Before I added a 113 seal under my cap I broke 1 or 2 a week?

The bubblers I've broke are a different story.
I had over 30 waterpieces however I need to count what's left?

@Stu was kind enough to donate a 18mm GonG which I have already broken!

I need to go to the machine shop and have some made!

It seems many vaporist have the same problem?

You would think a break proof adapter would come with the SOLO?

OF

You know I love COMEDY?

Your the funny guy on this site!

No, Ataxian, I'm the strange one...... And around here a guy's gotta work hard to stand out there.

Nice to be noticed, anyway.

You would think a break proof adapter would come with the SOLO?

I'm sure that would happen if the demand was high enough? Most of us are not breaking all that many, and they're making a LOT of money off you right now. I can understand it from their side.........

Ed's stem is pretty darn tough IMO. I have a Bog Wood one, 5300 YO, actually kind of soft compared with some of the other woods he uses. Mine doesn't get knocked about since I think it's so cool to have a stem that's older than King Tut and Stonehenge. But if you want bombproof, Ed can get you started for sure. He does the hard part, the bowl section in SS, you could easily add a tube of many materials.

Fun idea, really. How about a Teflon bushing (you can buy PTFE tube and just saw it off) and pieces of simple glass tube that fits the ID. They would be expendable or you could use Aluminum, SS or Polycarbonate (the stuff they make safety glasses out of, amazingly tough). Could end up an easy 'hacksaw and file job'. Same part would fit the Air as well, too. If I did a good enough job I could have one customer.....and 100% of the market. Rockafeller, Carnagie and them guys never got 100%.........

OF

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
All this talk about breaking stems........yup, broke my remaining bent stem. Unlike Ataxian I usually just lose the stuff, that's what happened to the other one. Lost!! Probably with those missing socks....
Just the other day I lost my last EQ balloon stem glass that I used on the end of my bent stem. I replaced it with a small piece of a mouth piece that had broke, so I sanded and flamed it and put it on the end of the stem with some silicone tubing. This one stays put, so maybe I won't lose it:

solowtip.jpg

Only now I'm using that tip with the straight stem, instead.
I'm with Ataxian, I like the feel of a glass mouthpiece.
The smaller diameter just seems to make it draw the way I like it.
Gotta order more glass!!! :doh:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
All this talk about breaking stems........yup, broke my remaining bent stem. Unlike Ataxian I usually just lose the stuff, that's what happened to the other one. Lost!! Probably with those missing socks....
Just the other day I lost my last EQ balloon stem glass that I used on the end of my bent stem. I replaced it with a small piece of a mouth piece that had broke, so I sanded and flamed it and put it on the end of the stem with some silicone tubing. This one stays put, so maybe I won't lose it:

solowtip.jpg

Only now I'm using that tip with the straight stem, instead.
I'm with Ataxian, I like the feel of a glass mouthpiece.
The smaller diameter just seems to make it draw the way I like it.
Gotta order more glass!!! :doh:
I love glass!

Also I love a smaller mouthpiece.
In my hay day 70's!
Remember Bob Marley?
Seem like the whole world got into BONG'S?
The mouthpiece was a gaping hole?

I stayed with Zig-Zags until the mouth pieces became smaller.

There are many who joke about me breaking glass stuff which is true.
I must also admit I lose or misplace things all the time.
Found two bent stems under a bush?

Thank you for your humanity!

Poostuff

Please delete
Pretty sure I sorted out my problems with the Solo, I'm thinking no one is interested but I'm gonna tell you anyway.
The holes at the bottom of the oven were blocked with little hard black pieces just larger than the oven holes. They didn't look blocked. I had to slightly widen the holes then tip it upside down so the little blockage behind each one could fall out.
Perhaps this was some residue from when I cleaned the oven (which was filthy) months ago & it's heated then hardened & blocked the holes.
I took off the cap & used a vacuum to suck out any excess dust & now the Solo works as I remember it :tup:
I also widened the cap hole even more but my looser fitting gong still outperforms the tighter one which must just be air flow.
This thing has been performing so poorly for months now that it's like getting a new vaporizer, it's really not a bad little portable.
Anyway that info is probably all here, I couldn't find it but that's me. It is a long thread so maybe this'll help anyone else who is frustrated with poor airflow & vapour from their Solo.

LoneVaper

Pretty sure I sorted out my problems with the Solo, I'm thinking no one is interested but I'm gonna tell you anyway.
The holes at the bottom of the oven were blocked with little hard black pieces just larger than the oven holes. They didn't look blocked. I had to slightly widen the holes then tip it upside down so the little blockage behind each one could fall out.
Perhaps this was some residue from when I cleaned the oven (which was filthy) months ago & it's heated then hardened & blocked the holes.
I took off the cap & used a vacuum to suck out any excess dust & now the Solo works as I remember it :tup:
I also widened the cap hole even more but my looser fitting gong still outperforms the tighter one which must just be air flow.
This thing has been performing so poorly for months now that it's like getting a new vaporizer, it's really not a bad little portable.
Anyway that info is probably all here, I couldn't find it but that's me. It is a long thread so maybe this'll help anyone else who is frustrated with poor airflow & vapour from their Solo.

I don't post a lot, but I read a lot, and I appreciate your post and am definitely interested in what other's have experienced. I know some day, I'll have to give my Solo a good cleaning; knowing what could happen if I don't stay on top of maintenance is certainly one way to remind me to keep it clean.

TheWhisper

How did you widen the holes?

Poostuff

Please delete
I only widened them a little, used what I think is an old stir stick from a Da Buddha. Inserted the pointed end in just a fraction because I don't know what's under the oven, then with the cap off & holding the top wiggled very gently.

Poostuff,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Fun idea, really. How about a Teflon bushing (you can buy PTFE tube and just saw it off) and pieces of simple glass tube that fits the ID. They would be expendable or you could use Aluminum, SS or Polycarbonate (the stuff they make safety glasses out of, amazingly tough). Could end up an easy 'hacksaw and file job'. Same part would fit the Air as well, too. If I did a good enough job I could have one customer.....and 100% of the market. Rockafeller, Carnagie and them guys never got 100%.........

OF

@OF I guess I had to sit on your comments!

I'm really Puzzled?

The Wood Fetish I understand because I once had it?
To make something of utility value out of wood is puzzling?

It's going backward in advancement!

I don't think a $40 GonG in wood or glass will have any significant value in the near future.
Just like a 10 year old car has no real value in my mind!
A car of any kind needs at least 50 years to have any value.

I think however I could be wrong that a break proof part would gain popularity!

California Liv'n OG is very respectable in a SOLO!

Waste $$$ on a big collection.

I just want things that work and last!

Charged my SOLO with a GIZMO.

My wife saw it and thought it was brilliant!

Just thought I'd mention that!

My CANNABIS supply will last until spring and the old SOLO much longer!

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Normally I'd gloat a bit, 'mighty smart woman' sorta stuff. Then again, look who she married?

I'll take you off the potential customer list then. Suddenly the project is less fun.

OF
Funny you say that!

My wife is hyper smart.
Her CAD work blows away most people.

Like you I'm very surprised she married someone like me?

I love CANNABIS and she loves fine wine.

So I have both!

Tomorrow I will make some break proof water adaptors. (at least order the parts)

I've read over 20 books this year so far!

I should have read more however the garden consumes way too much time!

420?
OK 540 SOLO time!

@OF I never want to be off your list!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@ataxian wood is just another way to enjoy our fav portable. I don't like wood all the time, just if I'm worried if I'm going to break my stem, like out in the garden. The Solo along with a 3 inch Blackwood stem works well if I were to drop it. I need something a little more sturdy while I'm working in the yard. The whip setup that i have is awesome too. There's a pic on the Enano thread. I've posted it before in this thread.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian wood is just another way to enjoy our fav portable. I don't like wood all the time, just if I'm worried if I'm going to break my stem, like out in the garden. The Solo along with a 3 inch Blackwood stem works well if I were to drop it. I need something a little more sturdy while I'm working in the yard. The whip setup that i have is awesome too. There's a pic on the Enano thread. I've posted it before in this thread.
Wood is OK for some?
I have some pieces in wood and I can't handle the taste.
Wish I could?
There are other materials that do not effect Flavor.
If you can handle wood against your lips power to you!
I have a very big problem with things near my mouth.
Texture and flavor bother me if they interfere with the material I'm processing!

I really shouldn't give my option!

Some people are not as sensitive.

Tomorrow I'll begin my quest to make a unbreakable water adapter from a material that does not interfere with flavor.

I tried so many different configurations that didn't work for me.

If a certain material does not bother you great!

CANNABIS is wonderful I want to enjoy it to the fullest!

Top Bottom