Arizer Solo

blackstone

@RayGillGumm
The SOLO works and is simple and I go by feel.......

Level 4 is my sweet spot!

Some like it cooler and some like it hotter.

Data is great however in this case you'll have to do what works for you!

I agree about going by feel, and eventually finding what's best over time.
Having got my first desktop vape a fortnight ago, and seeing how pale the ABV was from it when extraction was complete... I have now slowly graduated to the "Solo Level 4 Club"! (down from 5, I was originally 7!)
Still works great on 4, maybe everything tastes better for longer?
Although I admit, I often think of @CarolKing , and bump it to 5 towards the end, lovely!
But as I go on in this vaping journey, I can start to discern between the undesirable tastes and the desirable ones!

I smoked so many joint a day.
With the SOLO my mind works better.

Makes me think of the ones I did too, plus with horrible tobacco and no filter,
and "pollutants" in the (imported) material. It's horrific to think of and yes, I wish the Solo was around much sooner! Although it might have been very expensive, like the first mobile phones, it would have changed many things!

About the tobacco thing, I'm not from UK (not far), but I was laughing when I thought that perhaps it came about when they tried to roll joints from Moroccan black etc!
My sisters went on a holiday to Cali and Hawaii many years ago, and got weed but had a harder time getting rolling papers! I suppose it was a lot of bongs and pipes in the States back then too?

It crossed my mind that the Solo could be tried with tobacco, but I no longer need the foul stuff to function and live,
thank heavens! But it might be better than smoking the darned stuff for someone?
I did try some evergreen type of pine or fir leaves in the Solo once, it was fresh and steamy so not too great but I got some ok tastes! I probably should have checked if it was safe first!
The Solo has helped me secure a tobacco free future for myself, all I need to do now is work on the fact that I share a house with others who get through about 40 cigs a day between them!
And thank goodness,
I dont have to put car tyres and donkey poo in my Solo lately, I can go mobile with BmK or Cm YESSS!! :)

Hi,

Just runnin thru all available additional setups for Solo at vapefiend, and can't decide what would be the ultimate xmas package for this one. So many stems, adapters to choose from that I simply lost it.

If you could replace original stem for some good flow what would it be?

Has anyone already got a perfect setup?

PS. 3rd Pinnacle Pro unit gave up on me...

OF

FWIW I too am a stock stem fan. IMO Arizer did a good job of making a standard stem that fits most guys well.....like the rest of the design. 'They did their homework' I think.

Most efforts at 'less restriction' ignore the point that the restriction was designed in (probably for a good reason). You can get bigger draws easier, but the vapor thins out. This is not blazing (where harder draw stokes the fire giving more heat), skills learned there can be counter productive here. Even to the point of weakening the overall heat transfer by pulling the stem too far out of contact.

However, I too tried many aftermarket stems only to 'come back'. I think owners should do that if so inclined. Investigate personally if it appeals to you. This is entirely too subjective a place to count on advice/opinions from random guys you don't know who aren't even using their real names......

The goal is to enjoy effective use of your vape. Anything that furthers that is worth considering?

OF

Hi,

Just runnin thru all available additional setups for Solo at vapefiend, and can't decide what would be the ultimate xmas package for this one. So many stems, adapters to choose from that I simply lost it.

Huge step up from the PNP. I use the standard stem and standard gong (and I'm a ripper not a sipper), I find with the newer units the "milkshake" like draw is effectively gone. I also plan on adding an air stem for a change and 14mm gong (the mp fits perfectly and is $10). I'd steer clear of eds stems for a brand new unit, they supposedly fit awfully snug and gap out the collar a bit.

Taproots

Interesting thing I noticed, I'm sure it has been discussed but maybe it will help someone. I had very hard times drawing from the solo with the stem all the way in- it was bad enough that it made my ears hurt from pressure if I drew too hard.

I had purchased mine used, so I decided to clean the oven out with 90% Iso alcohol and a qtip. After that I used a needle dipped in 90% iso and manually cleared the four holes in the bottom of the oven for potential obstruction.

Now it draws wonderfully even with the standard stems, even before that it was my favorite portable- now it's in a whole new league.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hi,

If you want more airflow the stems with the notches on the end (Planet Vape high efficiency stems, I think vapefiend has their own version of it) will help with that. I had one that I broke and never replaced, ended up getting some more stock stems as I'm partial to those (stock straight stem is my go-to). "Perfect setup" is a bit of a trick question because "perfect" depends on my situation... out and about I'll use a short stem, at home the long stem dry or use my Solo on my glass.

Not a bad choice in any case, and the Solo will probably be more reliable than your PnP. Mine's seen heavy use and it's coming up on 2 years now, people here have had theirs twice as long as mine and only needed to replace the battery when it wasn't holding the charge anymore (and battery replacement is way easier than with the PnP ;))

lukematty

Lol, bought my Arizer solo from aroma-tek on monday night with 2-3 day shipping. I live in north MN and it shipped from WA so I was hoping it would get here yesterday morning, but it did not. It did get delivered today but now I gotta wait 2 more agonizing days to get it, makes me sad. Just had exams so I wanted to kick back and enjoy some nice vapor. Any one else get screwed over on weekend shipping? I feel like i'm cursed when it comes to buying things online, 2-3 day shipping for the solo just turned into 7. GG USPS, I give up.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Lol, bought my Arizer solo from aroma-tek on monday night with 2-3 day shipping. I live in north MN and it shipped from WA so I was hoping it would get here yesterday morning, but it did not. It did get delivered today but now I gotta wait 2 more agonizing days to get it, makes me sad. Just had exams so I wanted to kick back and enjoy some nice vapor. Any one else get screwed over on weekend shipping? I feel like i'm cursed when it comes to buying things online, 2-3 day shipping for the solo just turned into 7. GG USPS, I give up.
Get some meds and get prepped for some tasty vapors my man. Northern Minnesotan here hey.

lukematty

Get some meds and get prepped for some tasty vapors my man. Northern Minnesotan here hey.
Born in Rochester but I am at UMD for college. Perfect time to buy a solo, it's damn near 10 degrees out at the moment so there's no way i'll be doing much venturing. Only problem is using it in the dorms without getting caught by my RA. I'm not too worried about him although my other roommate uses his Vapor Genie, and we have had people from our hall come knocking on our dorm wondering about pretty vibrant smells. They're cool too, they just want us to share, which we always do!

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Born in Rochester but I am at UMD for college. Perfect time to buy a solo, it's damn near 10 degrees out at the moment so there's no way i'll be doing much venturing. Only problem is using it in the dorms without getting caught by my RA. I'm not too worried about him although my other roommate uses his Vapor Genie, and we have had people from our hall come knocking on our dorm wondering about pretty vibrant smells. They're cool too, they just want us to share, which we always do!
I'm not too far. Lots of buddies at umd. One on the hockey team. The solo smells a bit upon heat up, something to keep in mind if using in closed quarters. Maybe some essential oils to mask.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You could just burn a candle or pop some popcorn that would cover any smells from the Solo. Something like toast will cover any odor too. You will need to place your cannabis flowers in a smell proof container. The fresh cannabis flowers will smell the most when putting it in your unit. Once the flowers start to toast there's not much of a smell.

Keep your stems clean, that will lessen any smell. Invest in cvault or something like that. Even a dark glass jar with a metal lid might work well enough. I have a couple jars I have painted black to hold product. I also have a few Cvaults in a few sizes.

Edit
@lukematty you guys are going to have to be careful it sounds like. Stealth is the name of the game. You probably already know this trick but a towel under the door can't hurt. You might not be able to use candles so an aroma therapy device like a second Solo with some aromatherapy oils and add a little water. The Solo comes with an aroma therapy cup. You could always do that with the Arizer Air or a log vape. I use my second Enano as an aroma therapy device myself.

Last edited:

lukematty

I'm not too far. Lots of buddies at umd. One on the hockey team. The solo smells a bit upon heat up, something to keep in mind if using in closed quarters. Maybe some essential oils to mask.
We were using a sploof for a while but my roomie got busted by UMDPD a few weeks back, they got his stuff and found my grinder in the process. No citations but we have to complete and online course about drugs and alcohol in the college life. I'll take it haha. But I do have a car on campus so i'll most likely be going out there to have a little session whenever. Not too fond of sitting in a freezing car trying to get a buzz, but hey i'm pretty sure we've all gone to more extreme lengths to enjoy our herb.

You could just burn a candle or pop some popcorn that would cover any smells from the Solo. You will need to place your cannabis flowers in a smell proof container. The fresh cannabis flowers will smell the most when putting it in your unit. Once the flowers start to toast there's not much of a smell.
It's funny you mention that because almost every night the room at the end of my hall just REEKS like really toasty popcorn and febreeze, I have a giggle every time I walk out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Welcome to the Solo Crew!!!

You picked a winner for sure.

I'm excited for you, lol....

I vividly remember when I unboxed my Solo, and unwrapping my new toy.

Wait till you wrap your hand around it... It screams, Sexy, Sleek Quality.

I personally love both stems, but I tend to use my Straight for the daytime and my bent for nightly knockouts.

This thread is chock full of great tips and how to get the most out of your Solo investment.

I really love how @CarolKing tells new owners to read at least the most recent 25 pages of the thread to gain some tips before the Solo arrives.

Check out @biohacker 's videos of him white-walling his bubbler with his Solo, they are nothing short of epic!

Make yourself at home, grab a seat,and enjoy the Solo show!

lukematty

Edit
@lukematty you guys are going to have to be careful it sounds like. Stealth is the name of the game. You probably already know this trick but a towel under the door can't hurt.
It's a work in progress, unfortunately my roommate is not as aware of smells given off by his Genie. It's almost cognitive dissonance, he doesn't want to believe that it smells, and it bit him in the ass, and me too a little bit. I put my foot down about using in the dorms, we actually do not at all anymore. We're scarred from using it since we got caught. He's out of luck because we usually don't vape together since I'm usually in my car, so he doesn't have a good spot to use it, especially when it's this cold out

lukematty,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You go outside and come back in and you notice the smell but it disappears quickly unlike smoke. If you are sitting in the room for a while you don't notice any smells you become ammuned to the scent. Someone walking down the hall might smell something if there are gaps in the doors.

Just trying to keep you college students out of trouble.:lol:

lukematty

Welcome to the Solo Crew!!!

You picked a winner for sure.

I'm excited for you, lol....

I vividly remember when I unboxed my Solo, and unwrapping my new toy.

Wait till you wrap your hand around it... It screams, Sexy, Sleek Quality.

I personally love both stems, but I tend to use my Straight for the daytime and my bent for nightly knockouts.

This thread is chock full of great tips and how to get the most out of your Solo investment.

I really love how @CarolKing tells new owners to read at least the most recent 25 pages of the thread to gain some tips before the Solo arrives.

Check out @biohacker 's videos of him white-walling his bubbler with his Solo, they are nothing short of epic!

Make yourself at home, grab a seat,and enjoy the Solo show!
Thank you Hashtag, this is actually my 3rd solo that i've bought since 2012! Whenever I get a chance I will preach about how low maintenance and effective the solo is. Even better, when I let someone try it for the first time and they're amazed at how stoned they got haha.

One time when I was working at my job at the movie theater in Rochester, I had an african american co-worker who was looking to smoke a blunt on our break. I told him that I had a vaporizer, and that it would be pretty awesome to use. He's the kinda guy who only rolls, hadn't even SEEN a vaporizer before. He was skeptical, but he gave it a few rips. This. Guy. Was. Stoned.

Almost too stoned, he had to drink a bunch of water and slap himself together, since we had to finish our 8 hour shift. I was good, at the time I was using it as if it was going out of style, so my tolerance was through the roof.

He was amazed, since I only loaded about 0.06 grams in there, and it got him and I really baked. One thing i remember him saying was, "DAMN! You white boys and your weird ass vapes! GOT ME HIGH AS FUCK!".

I was laughing my ass off.

You go outside and come back in and you notice the smell but it disappears quickly unlike smoke. If you are sitting in the room for a while you don't notice any smells you become ammuned to the scent. Someone walking down the hall might smell something if there are gaps in the doors.

Just trying to keep you college students out of trouble.:lol:
Reminds me of Blueberry Yum Yum by Ludacris. "Yess, fire fire got me so tired ima stop drop and rooooooolll. Put a wet towel under the doooooooor".

:worms::leaf::cool:

Edit: I realize my comment was really random, but the song is catchy I must say.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWhisper

You'd be surprised how much it helps to hold your Solo even an inch out the window! If you hold it out the window — not far out, as you don't want to drop it :p — and exhale out the window (with some force, so that it doesn't blow back in), you should be golden in terms off smell. Especially if you're a bit over-cautious and use a door towel too.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Thank you Hashtag, this is actually my 3rd solo that i've bought since 2012! Whenever I get a chance I will preach about how low maintenance and effective the solo is. Even better, when I let someone try it for the first time and they're amazed at how stoned they got haha.

One time when I was working at my job at the movie theater in Rochester, I had an african american co-worker who was looking to smoke a blunt on our break. I told him that I had a vaporizer, and that it would be pretty awesome to use. He's the kinda guy who only rolls, hadn't even SEEN a vaporizer before. He was skeptical, but he gave it a few rips. This. Guy. Was. Stoned.

Almost too stoned, he had to drink a bunch of water and slap himself together, since we had to finish our 8 hour shift. I was good, at the time I was using it as if it was going out of style, so my tolerance was through the roof.

He was amazed, since I only loaded about 0.06 grams in there, and it got him and I really baked. One thing i remember him saying was, "DAMN! You white boys and your weird ass vapes! GOT ME HIGH AS FUCK!".

I was laughing my ass off.
My pleasure lukematty...

Awesome, so you already know the Solo, and it Majestic qualities.

That was an awesome story too.
You know... My niece just turned 22 this past year.

She is currently the head Budtender for one of the better Dispensaries here in Colorado.
She loves her blunts.

(Shit, this story always makes me feel old, as I remember holding her as a baby like it was yesterday)

I've sampled many of her strains (She actually prefers the fruits from my garden)
And they are pretty damn impressive...(Dispensary's Especially their Tahoe x Alien)

So.. She came over the other day to pick some fruit, and proceeded to pull out her Strawberry Blunt Wrap....

Uncle Hashtag don't like it when you light those flowers on fire, let me introduce you to the Solo.

I loosely load a bent stem, told her to draw long and steady, and told her to just keep that Solo Stem to yourself (If I'm sharing a Solo Sesh with people, they get a whole stem for themselves, as opposed to passing it around)

She couldn't even make it to the 12 minute shutdown :lmao:..

She is a young lady, and of course always looking at herself in the mirror...
She says...

"Uh.... Shit, I'm high... Look at my face"

"How much do these cost?" "Fuck these Blunts "

I've converted 3 people now!
:leaf:

Last edited:

lukematty

My pleasure lukematty...

Awesome, so you already know the Solo, and it Majestic qualities.

That was an awesome story too.
You know... My niece just turned 22 this past year.

She is currently the head Budtender for one of the better Dispensaries here in Colorado.
She loves her blunts.

(Shit, this story always makes me feel old, as I remember holding her as a baby like it was yesterday)

I've sampled many of her strains (She actually prefers the fruits from my garden )
And they are pretty damn impressive...

So.. She came over the other day to pick some fruit, and proceeded to pull out her Strawberry Blunt Wrap....

Uncle Hashtag don't like it when you light those flowers on fire, let me introduce you to the Solo.

I loosely load a bent stem, told her to draw long and steady, and told her to just keep that Solo Stem to yourself (If I'm sharing a Solo Sesh with people, they get a whole stem for themselves, as opposed to passing it around)

She couldn't even make it to the 12 minute shutdown :lmao:..

She is a young lady, and of course always looking at herself in the mirror...
She says...

"Uh.... Shit, I'm high... Look at my face"

"How much do these cost?" "Fuck these Blunts "

I've converted 3 people now!
:leaf:
I love it. My friends have started to invest in vaporizers in our last couple years of high school. Although I didn't necessarily approve of their choice of device. And I got nothing against them but I just think that if you're going to buy a vaporizer, why not get the best for your money?

My buddy bought a flight box for around $90 online, only $40 more to get a solo
My other buddy bought a Pax at our smoke shop for around $200.

Lets just say they are regretting their choices, both fell apart within a few months use. Neither really understood the importance of maintaining and cleaning their devices frequently. Sigh.

Which is why I love my solo. No maintenance other than stem harvesting, which I don't consider "cleaning". Just getting the nice build-up to use later, in the process making the stem more clean.

Whenever I want to harvest my buildup, I just make a really nice cup of hot chocolate (perfect for this time of year). Then, I just stir the stem in the hot chocolate.

Call me odd but i also drink the hot chocolate through the stem. LOL. It really is a nice treat whenever it's time to harvest.

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky

Another northern Minnesotan here... Must be some sort of weird cosmic alignment or something that we're all online visiting the Solo thread at roughly the same time.

It's 20° outside right now and the Solo handles it with ease. I wonder how cold the air coming in would have to be to overpower the heater and cause vapor production to cease during a draw? I suppose it would depend on various things such as draw speed and whatnot... Maybe I'll test it this winter when things start to get really cold? :science:

I'll probably end up needing to go inside and warm up before the Solo needs to!

The great thing about vaporizing is that I don't necessarily have to go outside anymore, as the smell doesn't linger like the smell of smoke does. Which, this time of year, is pretty nice. :nod:

lukematty

Another northern Minnesotan here... Must be some sort of weird cosmic alignment or something that we're all online visiting the Solo thread at roughly the same time.

It's 20° outside right now and the Solo handles it with ease. I wonder how cold the air coming in would have to be to overpower the heater and cause vapor production to cease during a draw? I suppose it would depend on various things such as draw speed and whatnot... Maybe I'll test it this winter when things start to get really cold? :science:

I'll probably end up needing to go inside and warm up before the Solo needs to!

The great thing about vaporizing is that I don't necessarily have to go outside anymore, as the smell doesn't linger like the smell of smoke does. Which, this time of year, is pretty nice. :nod:
I honestly don't know how I would make it through the winter if i had to go outside everytime I wanted to smoke. Vaporizers are the perfect solution for that. I remember driving to school each morning in the winter and vaping a small bowl on the way there, it was way too convenient.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I honestly don't know how I would make it through the winter if i had to go outside everytime I wanted to smoke. Vaporizers are the perfect solution for that. I remember driving to school each morning in the winter and vaping a small bowl on the way there, it was way too convenient.
Why not make a blow tube?
Make a hole in the wall or crack a window?

Top Bottom