Arizer Solo

Likes2vape

Does anyone else use it on level 7? I always use it on 7. I dont think I have even tried any other settings really.

When I pack the end of the solo's glass stem I pack it pretty full, not really tight but still full, full with chopped up herb. Then I heat it to 7 and use it on 2 full hits (12 mins each) so it lasts for about 24 mins and by then the taste is starting to get not as nice and the vapour isnt as full.

Maybe I should try going on level 5 and try get 3 sessions in for a fully packed stem?

Thoughts?

Wow you get 2 12 minute sessions on level 7 with one packed stem?

I can only get 4-8 hits on level 5 through a water pipe before it starts to taste to nasty to continue. I don't pack the stems at all and just suck herb into the stem.

I've started to temp step with the solo but do it as its coming up to desired temp which is usually 5. I'll start to hit it dry when it reaches level 2 and get a really tasty hit but hardly any vapor. It usually drops back to level 1 and I'll let it get back to 2 and hit it again. This hit usually produces some visible vapor and is still really tasty. After that I let it heat up to 3-4 and hit it dry again. This hit I get good vapor and still good flavor. After that I connect it to water pipe and usually finish off the load with 3-4 hits on level 5.

If I'm in a hurry and don't have time to temp step or I just want massive clouds I'll turn it up to 6 and get 2-3 good hits before it tastes to nasty for me to hit again.

LoneVaper

While I'm waiting for the Postal Worker to delivery my shiny new Arizer Solo :bang: I figured I would step out of the lurking shadows and come forth to introduce myself.
:ninja:
:wave:
:whoa:
I've been a closet combuster for a couple decades. None of my friends or family partake, just my wife and I. Now that she is pregnant, it's back to being just me. She no longer approves of the "diesel exhaust" as she calls it since her supersmell powers came about, so my quest/research for an alternative to combusting began.

I sifted through Reddit and some Youtube reviewers, but really got turned off on all the bickering. I noticed that someone referred to a post on this forum, after checking it out, well, I never left. As I started going through different threads in different sections, reading about different people and their different experiences on all the different devices, I started to feel all not that different, like this is a place that I could really learn from and be able to share my experiences no matter how "win or fail" they are. This site really feels like a community to me instead of a contest.

So after researching here for a couple months, I decided to go with the Arizer Solo. I feel it will best suit my needs and am pretty excited for it to be delivered. I've read through the last couple hundred pages or so and have a pretty good idea of what needs to happen right after I open the box and am pretty sure I've written down all the tips from the scores of pages I've read. I even bookmarked some of the various accessories that some FC'rs have had success with, though I will see how the straight and bent stock stems do for me before making any additional purchases.

So thank you one and all that have asked questions and contributed to this thread, and on the many other threads at FC. You've made a lurker smart, and a new home very welcoming. :clap:

OF

So after researching here for a couple months, I decided to go with the Arizer Solo. I feel it will best suit my needs and am pretty excited for it to be delivered.

First off, howdy! Welcome to the forum. As a long time lurker you know how it works, members contribute their ideas/experiences, I hope we see you doing so when you get it sorted out?

It's clear you've done your homework, Solo, IMO, makes a great 'first vape'.......but you know that.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing about your views once you get things sorted out.

Good luck with it, not that you'll likely need it. I predict good times ahead, and the wife might even back off on the smell issue......once you put smog control in place.....

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
While I'm waiting for the Postal Worker to delivery my shiny new Arizer Solo :bang: I figured I would step out of the lurking shadows and come forth to introduce myself.
I've been a closet combuster for a couple decades. None of my friends or family partake, just my wife and I. Now that she is pregnant, it's back to being just me. She no longer approves of the "diesel exhaust" as she calls it since her supersmell powers came about, so my quest/research for an alternative to combusting began.

I sifted through Reddit and some Youtube reviewers, but really got turned off on all the bickering. I noticed that someone referred to a post on this forum, after checking it out, well, I never left. As I started going through different threads in different sections, reading about different people and their different experiences on all the different devices, I started to feel all not that different, like this is a place that I could really learn from and be able to share my experiences no matter how "win or fail" they are. This site really feels like a community to me instead of a contest.

So after researching here for a couple months, I decided to go with the Arizer Solo. I feel it will best suit my needs and am pretty excited for it to be delivered. I've read through the last couple hundred pages or so and have a pretty good idea of what needs to happen right after I open the box and am pretty sure I've written down all the tips from the scores of pages I've read. I even bookmarked some of the various accessories that some FC'rs have had success with, though I will see how the straight and bent stock stems do for me before making any additional purchases.

So thank you one and all that have asked questions and contributed to this thread, and on the many other threads at FC. You've made a lurker smart, and a new home very welcoming. :clap:
Financially the SOLO is a responsible vaporizer.
My wife.besides being in perfect shape has never smoked or vaporized?

I have a few vAporizers since I don't smoke joints anymore.
My wife likes when I use the SOLO because it smells the least of.My other units.

Remember CANNABIS is the HOLY GRAIL!

LoneVaper

After a healthy first charge and a couple cycles, I was ready for my first session. I knew what flavor I would try first, been saving some Girl Scout Cookies just for this. Gave it a grind, and loosely packed the bent stem. This is when I realized that I didn't have any screens. A shoulder shrug later, I gently tamped down the ground herb, not really packing it, but just enough to make sure it doesn't fall out.

I took a several pulls at 2, 3 and 4 over the course of 20 minutes. After 4, I could tell how the taste is less amazing and more like popcorn. I would imagine this would just increase if I continued up to 5/6/7, so I cashed the ABV into a small Tupperware and went back to work.

Happy with my new device and my ever increasingly heavy eyelids, I put on some music and got some work done for a couple hours. After lunch, I packed up the straight stem and gave that a try using the same method as before. Couple puffs on 2, couple more on 3 and finish on 4. And again, I emptied it into my ABV jar.

I haven't seen any hints of green or black on the already been vaped herb. It's all mostly brown, some darker some lighter, so I don't think I'm burning and pretty sure I'm doing it correctly.

After two stems (or do you say bowls?) I'm pretty fond of the Solo. The form factor works for me and my gargantuan hands. After finishing a session, the Solo does feel warmer than I expected, but not even close enough to be alarmed. The auto shutoff turns off too frequently, but I suppose I should take a couple pulls then turn it off instead of taking a pull every couple minutes. My wife doesn't smell it, which is a huge plus. Bongs/onehitters would stink up the house. I prefer the bent stem, so I'll be looking at purchasing a couple. The straight stem is just a bit awkward for me at my desk. I'll prolly pick up some screens too just to try them out.

Now I'm off to research how much ABV I should use for two sticks of butter!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
After a healthy first charge and a couple cycles, I was ready for my first session. I knew what flavor I would try first, been saving some Girl Scout Cookies just for this. Gave it a grind, and loosely packed the bent stem. This is when I realized that I didn't have any screens. A shoulder shrug later, I gently tamped down the ground herb, not really packing it, but just enough to make sure it doesn't fall out.

I took a several pulls at 2, 3 and 4 over the course of 20 minutes. After 4, I could tell how the taste is less amazing and more like popcorn. I would imagine this would just increase if I continued up to 5/6/7, so I cashed the ABV into a small YyTupperware and went back to work.

Happy with my new device and my ever increasingly heavy eyelids, I put on some music and got some work done for a couple hours. After lunch, I packed up the straight stem and gave that a try using the same method as before. Couple puffs on 2, couple more on 3 and finish on 4. And again, I emptied it into my ABV jar.

I haven't seen any hints of green or black on the already been vaped herb. It's all mostly brown, some darker some lighter, so I don't think I'm burning and pretty sure I'm doing it correctly.

After two stems (or do you say bowls?) I'm pretty fond of the Solo. The form factor works for me and my gargantuan hands. After finishing a session, the Solo does feel warmer than I expected, but not even close enough to be alarmed. The auto shutoff turns off too frequently, but I suppose I should take a couple pulls then turn it off instead of taking a pull every couple minutes. My wife doesn't smell it, which is a huge plus. Bongs/onehitters would stink up the house. I prefer the bent stem, so I'll be looking at purchasing a couple. The straight stem is just a bit awkward for me at my desk. I'll prolly pick up some screens too just to try them out.

Your the coolest

I've been having a SOLO session with GSC taste like the real thing!

I have screens but not todaý?

California Green
California Red

blackstone

Does anyone know of a UK stockist for this accessory pack : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arizer-So...n-Pack-Keep-Your-Stem-Tight-New-/151318749313

USA shipping is killing the purchase price :(

Just saying, if you buy a PVHES stem from planet vape canada, you get one of those O rings free, and if you choose a straight stem you'll get a neat carry/cleaning tube free too.
So that would be killing three birds with one postage cost!
Plus the Canadian dollar is working out great for me, probably even better for you in UK!

I took a several pulls at 2, 3 and 4 over the course of 20 minutes. After 4, I could tell how the taste is less amazing and more like popcorn. I would imagine this would just increase if I continued up to 5/6/7, so I cashed the ABV into a small Tupperware and went back to work.

Sounds like you're having fun! And enjoying it as much as I do!
Where you say you went to 4 after 20 minutes and the taste went downhill, bear in mind that this is also proportional to the amount of time that has passed, and is not solely brought on by the increase in temperature.
When I started out I always started on a lower temp and worked up, but for now I'm pretty much stuck on 5 from when I turn it on.
Just saying, you can do either! And regardless of temperature, it will always taste better at the start of the session, and worse at the end.
I too wondered if we could bypass the shut off timer, because I use small amounts and sometimes repeatedly change out for a fresher roast.
Also, the bent stems might be worth it for the positioning etc but I eventually became drawn to the straight stems because I feel they're very easy to clean when used with the cleaning tubes I mentioned above, and alcohol.
I just couldn't bring myself to mess about very often with a bent glass stem in a plastic bag of fuming alcohol, and stress my brain trying to insert wires and tissues around that corner!

Well, I too meant to post my thoughts here the other day, but was also too mesmerized with the effectiveness of some new products!
I just wanted to say I got my glass items from Planet Vape a bit earlier than expected, and just in time for this weekend gone, nice postage and service they've got there @PlanetVape .
Just wanted to say thanks to @OF for recommending the Arizer Air plastic tip stems for use with my solo
Very cool idea! Nice taste, nice airflow, nice wooshing sound! Thanks
I got the 70mm, cant help thinking the 60 would be too short, think I even burnt my tongue a little with the 70mm at one point!

And thank you to @CarolKing king for recommending the wooden stems @Ed's TnT , I have ordered a lovely wood stem native to where I'm from and I'm real looking forward to sucking some clouds through such a piece of nature, with such a unique modern twist to it!
(If I showed my sister that one you have with the turquoise parts, she would be an instant Solo convert I'm sure!)

And just one more thing,
I noticed the other day while hot and using an o-ring, that the 4 air holes on the bottom of the chamber seemed to block almost completely, could hardly pull any air even when raising the stem out a little.
It seemed to be blocked with ABV bits, I cleaned the holes out eventually as best I could, and cloud production instantly tripled!
Is there any known good way to clean the holes properly or have I done ok by jamming toothpicks in and blowing hard as I could through the unit?
Just keep an eye on them?

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
It seemed to be blocked with ABV bits, I cleaned the holes out eventually as best I could, and cloud production instantly tripled!
Is there any known good way to clean the holes properly or have I done ok by jamming toothpicks in and blowing hard as I could through the unit?
Just keep an eye on them?
I just use a safety pin. Not much to worry about on the other side but the holes can clog. Pretty rare actually. Using a toothpick runs the risk of breaking pieces into the holes..?

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Just saying, if you buy a PVHES stem from planet vape canada, you get one of those O rings free
No need, I just got my Pipes stand and he threw in a couple of gauzes and an O-Ring as a Brucie bonus - totally dope!

Anyone who doesn't have one of Pipes stands for their Arizer Solo - get one, they are awesome!

I only ordered it on Thursday and it turned up today, great stand, great service, great value for money.

@Pipes - thank you!
@Those who recommended it - thank you!
@fc - thank you!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thank you OF and Ataxian! Mail was delivered and the Solo is currently charging! I'll have my first session later this evening, but may not be able to post my thoughts until tomorrow if everything goes as planned :science::rofl::zombie:
How is your first session?

I'm going to skip French Roast Coffee for a hamster style SOLO session of GSC!

Let us know?

Today is hump day!

LoneVaper

How is your first session?

I'm going to skip French Roast Coffee for a hamster style SOLO session of GSC!

Let us know?

Today is hump day!

It was great! I made a post a couple posts ago with my experience and thoughts. ( http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-1387#post-861505 ) Today started out great, made my morning tea, packed up some grand daddy purple and finished a stem in about 25 minutes or two cups of tea. Started at 3 but finished at 4 and am feeling glorious!

And happy hump day! Hope you're having a great one!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It was great! I made a post a couple posts ago with my experience and thoughts. ( http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-1387#post-861505 ) Today started out great, made my morning tea, packed up some grand daddy purple and finished a stem in about 25 minutes or two cups of tea. Started at 3 but finished at 4 and am feeling glorious!

And happy hump day! Hope you're having a great one!
All day GIRL SCOUT COOKIES great day strain!

@night I'm sporting GOD'S GIFT!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Solo heats up fast and gives out that great taste only a glass air path can give IMO. It's a great starter vaporizer or one for a more seasoned vaporist. A good vaporizer to have when you need to medicate and there's no electrical outlet close at hand. A good sturdy unit that will last its owner a long time.

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
I have a very old S0LO with a GIZMO from @OF and a Stand from @Pipes

I don't see this one quitting!

While I don't have a PA, I don't have a stand and I know I don't have a gizmo.... I too have a 4 year old ceramic Solo rocking the original batteries with no sign of this one quitting either.

Whatta tank!

sickmanfraud

All day GIRL SCOUT COOKIES great day strain!

@night I'm sporting GOD'S GIFT!

I am sorry to say this, but I am soooooo jealous that you have so many choices of strains and strength.

What I get here is packed in sealed potato chip style bags made from foil. Never saw in real life cannabis that looked like the pictures.

Govt control helps on price, I get my medicine for about $100 per month currently I get 60 grams a month, but even if my monthly allotment were to double, I would still pay the same price.

LoneVaper

Happy Friday Solo'ists!!!

Starting off today with some Guerrilla Glue #4, supposedly it has a wicked high THC %, but I tend to take that with a grain of salt. Regardless, one stem was more than enough to start my day.

I'm hoping pictures are ok, if not, mods please delete!

No Flash

HueARUO.jpg

With Flash

xcNxRLm.jpg

Hope everyone has a great day!

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty

Duuuude
I recommend getting at least one Arizer Air mouth piece. The one with the black tip. It's like 10 bucks on ebay!
Aaaaaand, get yourself a D0-20 Bubbler, from DH gate. And a 18mm male to 14mm female attachment.
Thank me later. :nod:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I'll testify that the Solo and the D020 Bubbler were made for each other. They compliment each other nicely. It's nice to use it with the Arizer Air too.

I like using the bubbler late at night before bed. I can hit those high sleepy time temps.:zzz: It helps for pain too.:leaf:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'll testify that the Solo and the D020 Bubbler were made for each other. They compliment each other nicely. It's nice to use it with the Arizer Air too.

I like using the bubbler late at night before bed. I can hit those high sleepy time temps.:zzz: It helps for pain too.:leaf:
I know it's very important to realize we are all different and have different needs!

The D020 was made for a SOLO!

Image I was out of control?

Gsc, GDP, BLACKWATER, ANIMAL COOKIES, Pinapple, ELECTRIC BANANA = 1.0 OZ all ground up!

Had a VORTEX stem òn 6?

MAX FLIGHT SOLO STLYE!

mixchu69

If there is one accessory I would recommend it is http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhes-high-efficiency-vortex-stems-for-solo.html. The thick glass, longer air path, and tight fitting stem make it my favorite. For home use

LoneVaper

If there is one accessory I would recommend it is http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhes-high-efficiency-vortex-stems-for-solo.html. The thick glass, longer air path, and tight fitting stem make it my favorite. For home use

Thank you for the suggestion! I was actually checking out PlanetVape last night looking for the stem with less restriction, so thank you for the link. If I order from them, it's $15 shipping, so I'd like to order anything I would need, all at once. Here's what I'm looking at....

1 - PVHES Vortex Bent - Cause I just prefer bent when I'm sitting at my desk. My understanding is that using this with screens will aid in a draw that has less resistance, which sounds like it would enhance my experience.

1 - PHVEGonG Vortex GonG for Air/Solo - This would be used between my Solo and say a D020, right?

Screens - Not sure on what screens, standard? Medium? Ultra fine? Looking at the pics, I'd probably choose fine but maybe ultra fine? Kind of need some input on this.

I think that's all I would need... I've only had the Solo for 5 days, so I"m still not 100% what connections are needed for these attachments. If I need to call the website for help, I can do that too. I've always been fond of making a list and checking it twice before submitting any orders.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Top Bottom