Arizer Solo

Vapetrees

Vaped Out

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
If you are looking for an inexpensive Solo, always check the classifieds here on FC.:cool:

The Solo will surprise you with its size. It's about the size of a can of Red Bull. It's the chubby older sister to the Arizer Air. A very good unit as a first vaporizer or for the seasoned user. With the all glass vapor path it gives you good flavor.

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
There is too much talk about all these fancy smanchy new vapes, SOLO is still my favorite and i do not like to see this thread getting slow.

Got one of EDs bogwood stem from a member here... loving it.
Keeps the flavor going longer with its earthy aftertaste.
The solo has a soft spot in my heart since it was one of my first vapes. It's also been the one to last me the longest. Going on four years now and 2 battery swaps. I don't think I'll get rid of it but I don't use it much now that I have a Mighty for home use. I still like to break it out once in a while since the initial hits are full of flavor and I have this nice long straw looking like stem, that cools the vapor and gives nice big hits.

Do you have pictures of that stem you're mentioning?

CarolKing

What I find it's good to switch around different vaporizers, it can help with tolerance. My Solo stays in the lineup along with the Arizer Air if I need to vaporize on the go. Both pair well with various glass pieces.

It's nice not to have to worry about a cord if you want to sit on the back porch or out in the yard.

Have a great weekend Soloists. This thread is getting sparse. I don't like it when I see the Solo on the second page.

Taking a break from gardening.

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
What I find it's good to switch around different vaporizers, it can help with tolerance. My Solo stays in the lineup along with the Arizer Air if I need to vaporize on the go. Both pair well with various glass pieces.

It's nice not to have to worry about a cord if you want to sit on the back porch or out in the yard.

Have a great weekend Soloists. This thread is getting sparse. I don't like it when I see the Solo on the second page.

Taking a break from gardening.
I'm about to break mine out, cheers!

OF

What a couple of lightweights, I keep at least one Solo handy, charged and with a fresh load of whatever's tasty at the moment. It got used again earlier today, I took a break from playing with my new FM Mini and Summit (both working well, BTW). Very nice, it's reloaded and waiting......

Air I tend to keep in a 'war bag'. I have two such ready to grab. In addition to the Air I keep either a spare battery or chargers (wall, USB and auto) and a vial of ground bud. I no longer use my larger camera case for this as Air is so much more compact:
ChB3ycM.jpg

It's still here, just in case, I haven't used it in maybe a year......but I checked a month or so back, the battery is charged, the herb got rotated and I know it's ready.

All in all Solo gets used a few times a week, it's a natural to grab on the way to the garden......

OF

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
It's been a Solo weekend! I realized, when first ordering the Solo, I was not so aware of the perfect first charge, and that definitely has cut short the batt life per charge. My OCD self (let's call him Otis), cannot deal with that and must have THE BEST battery life. Anyway, long story short, a new high capacity cell is on it's way. I will need to install (hoping for some coaching), and can't wait to nail that first charge (5 hours optimal? @OF).

Cleaned all my stems and this bad boy is CRANKING

OF

Anyway, long story short, a new high capacity cell is on it's way. I will need to install (hoping for some coaching), and can't wait to nail that first charge (5 hours optimal?

"At least four hours past 'full'" is probably a good guideline, it's tough to watch for sure, but you only have to do it once.......

Swapping the battery is easy enough if your modestly handy. You'll need a tiny Phillips screwdriver to remove the four screws on the bottom. Then, with the cap removed, push the works out the bottom. The battery is behind the keyboard/front panel, under a snap on cover. Fiddle with the cable and battery placement so the cover easily snaps back in place and put it back together. Be careful to evenly tighten the screws, but not real tight lest you break the tabs they go through off (not fatal but it'll drive Otis nuts.....

OF

Cjisohsocool

For the last week or so, my solo has been making a really bad smell when first heating up the herb, and the taste has a strange... Yuck to it. I can't explain it. I've cleaned the heating chamber and stem multiple times. Anyone know what could be up?

CarolKing

Have you tried screwing off the cap? The area where folks put the o-ring. We had a thread where someone asked what if we vaped an ant. You could have some foreign object that's smoldering in there. I would hate to think maybe a bug. It could be resin that formed inside as @OF suggested. I always think about resin dripping down when I'm vaping a shatter sandwich. It hasn't happened to me.

This unit has a 2 year warranty.

You don't want to be breathing in something unhealthy.:shrug:

Enjoying a little fresh air along with my Solo and the rest of my BooBerry. Perfect weather 80 degrees and a little breeze. No cord to worry about either.:bowdown:
Love my iPad for the same reason.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Have you tried screwing off the cap? The area where folks put the o-ring. We had a thread where someone asked what if we vaped an ant. You could have some foreign object that's smoldering in there. I would hate to think maybe a bug. It could be resin that formed inside as @OF suggested. I always think about resin dripping down when I'm vaping a shatter sandwich. It hasn't happened to me.

Enjoying a little fresh air along with my Solo and the rest of my BooBerry. Perfect weather 80 degrees and a little breeze. No cord to worry about either.:bowdown:
I live out in the "country" part of the area I'm at, I've had ants in my bong lol. I've also seen one exploring the top cap of the Solo..... so maybe actually. This is why even though the plastic oven cap broke off my Solo I still try to put it back on when I'm done :\

OF

I live out in the "country" part of the area I'm at, I've had ants in my bong lol.

I to live out of town. We get regular visits each night (at about the same time) from the local skunk, 'possums, racoons and unfortunately sometimes rats. I love it. We had plenty of rats in the city, but the others are welcome.

A lot of guys (and gals) freak about ants in the bong, I really don't understand why. They don't drink very much at all and never have loud parties......

OF

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I to live out of town. We get regular visits each night (at about the same time) from the local skunk, 'possums, racoons and unfortunately sometimes rats. I love it. We had plenty of rats in the city, but the others are welcome.

A lot of guys (and gals) freak about ants in the bong, I really don't understand why. The don't drink very much at all and never have loud parties......

OF
Frankly I'm glad it's just the ants and such, found a foot long baby rattlesnake under one of the trash cans earlier today, and we see/hear coyotes pretty much every night. Not much for rats here, a neighbor had a dump on his property and when city dropped the hammer on him some real big rats came out, I'm talking "get the 22 because a pellet gun is only gonna piss them off". We do get field mice a lot though, kinda cute little buggers. Some evenings when I'm out on the patio vaping if I'm quiet I'll see one or two darting around. There's a beautiful white owl that we catch a glimpse of once in a long while, elusive as they are you'll hear hooting way more than you'll ever see them. Spent my formative years in the city/in town but the old man grew up tending to animals and sleeping in tepees (no bullshit) out in the fields away from home for days at a time so I grew up loving and living nature too. And of course he taught me to tend to crops... which is paying off right now and hopefully will really pay off when I can harvest and sample my own through my Solo :tup:

Cjisohsocool

Love my iPad for the same reason.

Do you really think it's cause for replacement? I'm thinking you guys are right about resin because I took a resin "dab" once and that's actually what it smells like.

OF

Do you really think it's cause for replacement? I'm thinking you guys are right about resin because I took a resin "dab" once and that's actually what it smells like.

No, that's no doubt what's up. Some leaked down the vents I bet. No way to open it up for cleaning. I'd say the best idea is to crank it up to 7 and do a few burn offs back to back drawing some air though it (do you have a WT?).

When you take it back down to normal levels, hopefully most of the smell will be gone. This would be a nice time to be able to turn it up to step 12........

OF

CarolKing

We live out of town on a couple acres, often I have my Solo or Air outside with me. I have a lot of privacy with a pretty secluded yard. It's nice and relaxing on a warm summer afternoon on the back porch with one of my portables. Today wasn't a relaxing day kinda hectic getting some things done and out of the way.

I have a strain called Purple Champagne and its tastes wonderful in my Solo. It's a strain that the grower named. I looked, it's not on Leafly or anywhere else.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Please Help...
@OF
@Pipes

Just arrived in the mail from Seattle Washington,

a "CLASS 2 POWER SUPPLY - MODEL: SW 085500
INPUT: 100-240v AC, 50/60 Hz 1.5A
OUTPUT: 8.5 VDC 500mA

I don't remember ordering, but it will charge my Solo (tested briefly). I have the item on charge now (I'm assuming leave on for hours???).

But is this for the Solo? I am getting bad. :shrug:

Bravesst,
Top Bottom