Arizer Solo

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@esoh You can contact @Ed's TnT and see what he can do for you. I rally love the whip set up he made for me. It just makes it so much easier vaporizing on the couch watching TV or reading a book.

Ed will do special orders, but it does take some time. He really is in demand these days, and that's a good thing for him. He's able to continue doing what he loves to do.

@TheWhisper as usual @OF answered better than I could about the stem in the hot cocoa. There's a lot of variables with each individual person. One person might get really wrecked whereas someone else maybe would barely feel it. It's a good nightcap before bed. That way if it's too much you can just go to sleep, it's usually sedating vs racy.

Last edited:

OF

I love the AA so much, I wanted to check with the Solo lovers, is it worth the investment? Never tried one, but I love the AA (and own a Mighty). Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I try and ready through 1300 pages.

IMO, yes. If you like Air, you should like Solo even more in some key areas. Like longer charge life (twice the battery, half the number of recharges needed), more steps of temperature control and a much more useful 'battery level meter'. IMO it's easier to hang onto and use for casual (not paying too much attention.....) use. Solo is bigger at the top due to the flats, it doesn't slip out of a weak grip like Air can.

Stems interchange of course.

You might watch PIU's 'Last Call' page. IIRC the last 'open box' Solo I got there was like $55? No Solos right now (they sell out FAST....go figure....) of course, but IMO $55 for FlashVapes might also be worth considering for some:
http://www.puffitup.com/category-s/69.htm

OF

howie105

I love the AA so much, I wanted to check with the Solo lovers, is it worth the investment? Never tried one, but I love the AA (and own a Mighty). Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I try and ready through 1300 pages.

I like the Solo its quick, easy and low maintenance.

The things I am neutral about are the larger size as a portable. However it not being my out and about vape most times I am not put off by its size but it is a consideration. The tendency for glass to fall out was a problem but I fixed that and besides glass by its nature is doomed.

Things I am not really happy about is the stock battery charger which is in my opinion is really limited in function. Lastly I have never been a huge fan of high drag vapes.

With all that said I like my Solo, and in the right situation it is a go to vape when all I want is a quick and easy run like at the end of the day.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
My Solo w/Ed's TnT Blackwood 18mm stem/wong pulling double-duty, vaping one of my favorite pipe tobaccos! Flavors that must be experienced to be believed! Solo going strong after well-over two years now... Happy Father's Day to all my FC friends!!!
Ys7FPJB.jpg

Carl Hempel

Bit of a cross post really.

I tend to use my Air more than the Solo these days - but I figured as fellow Arizer enthusiasts who prefer / have the Solo will no doubt be interested, I should post on this thread too.

@VapeFiend.com have procured black glass Stems... and they are awesome :rockon:made from nice thick borosilicate too, they feel pretty durable.

N7DVVIF.jpg

HomeFree

I MUST get one!!!

That's perfect for public usage!

Oh crap, located in the UK.

:(

Snappo, you really vape pipe tobacco? I have tried vaping regular smoking tobacco and it was awful. I like to have a pipe every once in a while and wrote off using (edit: vaping) pipe tobacco as being nasty before trying it.

Also thanks to the people who responded about using a timer. I need to get one anyways for when I get a log.

But damn that is a bummer those stems are only in the UK. Hopefully PIU will stock them. Think I will drop him a line.

Boy Carl Hempel, thanks for contributing to my VAS/GAS. :D You hit both with that pic. I wonder how much shipping is from the UK?

Randy sent me a pic of some bad ass looking stems and GonGs (looks like GonG's) he is getting in from JoDa.

Last edited:

fernand

Y'all say the Solo is fool-proof? You remember that TV program where Lawrence Fishburne and wife are vaping on a Solo and they're cramming herb down into the heater?

Well I didn't think it could possibly happen in real life. Until my friend got his Solo. I can't even begin to describe what he did. Because I don't know. And I don't want to know. Suffice it to say that he used both flowers and concentrate to turn it into something vaguely resembling a garbage can at an organic humus stand. He was complaining about the glass tube not fitting "in there". And this was AFTER I sent him specific links to the best "Solo for dummies" clips on Youtube. When I saw his Solo I had to struggle not to burst out laughing.

fernand

It was more than merely packing the oven. He ALSO packed the wrong end of the glass. And then, for the présentation, he crammed some bubble Lord knows where, and liberally bathed the piece in a coulis of melted shatter. There was a lot of cannabis involved - everywhere but in his head.

OF

Y'all say the Solo is fool-proof?
It was more than merely packing the oven. He ALSO packed the wrong end of the glass. And then, for the présentation, he crammed some bubble Lord knows where, and liberally bathed the piece in a coulis of melted shatter. There was a lot of cannabis involved - everywhere but in his head.

Welcome to the world of Customer Support, and the joys it brings. You're lucky, you got to pick the player, real CS guys have to play the cards dealt to them. Every time you answer the phone a new adventure begins.

You want some real fun, try doing it by phone with a guy 10 or so time zones away (dead of night for you). Then throw in some language and connection issues and you're really living large! (no, I don't do that any more, not for love or money).

I hope you get your buds machine cleaned up, if not I'm sure it's covered under warranty (they know the joys of CS first hand). Then perhaps a demo for him will get him started. Some guys can copy what they see you do when nothing else works.........

Good luck to both of you, as you know it's going to be good for him when/if he gets it in gear.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have found the SOLO to be the most reliable!

@CarolKing I saw a video on YouTube of Bill Mahr intro-veiwing Christopher Hitchens!

Christopher is my favorite NOVELIST!

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
A great plenty for most for sure.......for you a week plus supply? Less, of coures, should the muse come upon you.......

Is it true you get fan mail from other glass breakers?

OF
I have broke so many pieces!
ASH Catchers
JHOOKS
BUBBLERS
GonG's
ADAPTERS

I order 4 at a time.
My floors are LIME STONE.

One JHOOK I have is very fragile!
How I haven't broke it is beyond me?

I broke all my SOLO adapters!
in the meantime I use the straight stems with a chillum tip!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Snappo i like the @Pipes stand too. It's a nice addition to the Solo, it gives it a sturdier feel and no worry about chipping issues on the bottom. You can also charge the Solo standing up. This helps me with my whip set up from Ed. No problems with it tipping over. Thank you Pipes for making this available to the FC crowd and others too. They sell it at Puffitiup or you can go through FCer Pipes directly.

Every Soloist needs one in their collection.

EDIT
I don't have a Vortex GonG but I have a couple of Vortex stems. It has an extended mouthpiece and has a vortex pocket added. For me I can use the higher temperatures without any harshness, I vaporizer for pain.

Some folks like it and some don't. It is part of the Planetvape's PVHES line of mouthpieces and GonGs. The Vortex stem is almost an inch longer than the other PVHE glass. These mouthpieces add extra airflow from slits that are made on the sides that provide channeled airflow. It's just another way to enjoy the Solo. The Vortex stems are a couple of dollars more than the regular PVHE stems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom