• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

OF

Aren't you guys worried about the lack of quality control from random Chinese sellers? I'm anxious that they're using leaded glass or something...

No, not really. At the bubbler temperature level especially. It costs money to put lead into it, and makes working it more critical. I think the basic glass is fine. And the quality of that particular product is fine as well IMO.

OF

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
No, not really. At the bubbler temperature level especially. It costs money to put lead into it, and makes working it more critical. I think the basic glass is fine. And the quality of that particular product is fine as well IMO.

OF
Quality is outstanding actually. I've caught myself bang & bump it into the table & counter etc w/o a scratch. I even had it rolling around my trunk for a few trips w/o any damage. Those Chinese bubblers are the best way to get a glass piece in my opinion

OF

Those Chinese bubblers are the best way to get a glass piece in my opinion

While I'm all in favor of supporting domestic makers and dealers, if money it tight, money it tight. If that also means you can spare a bit of time for shipment and take a bigger risk if there's a problem you can get what's most likely the same or nearly so ('Chinese glass'). While making really great glass is an art form, these sorts of things really lend themselves to mass production on a scale reasonable for a lot of 'shops'. I think that part's most cool.

Ataxian, of course, has them on a delivery schedule for even more savings.........

OF

GetLeft

If you can wait a couple weeks you can get them from China (like DH Gate, where many of us get bubblers of many kinds) for 'under twenty bucks' shipped typically. Like:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/pinna...e/213821696.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null

Poke around some, good deals out there. Timing is important.

Good luck.

OF

Hey @OF, thanks for that link. How would this work with an Air? What other accessories would I need? Would I need two hands (1 on the Air and one on the bubbler) to use this?

Sorry for the newbie questions, and thanks!

GetLeft,
Reactions: OF

OF

Hey @OF, thanks for that link. How would this work with an Air? What other accessories would I need? Would I need two hands (1 on the Air and one on the bubbler) to use this?

You're welcome, glad to help when I can. Lotsa guys (and gals) like that around here......

It's a 14mm GonG connector deal (not the larger, perhaps more common size) so the plastic topped Air stems are designed to 'plug right in' and mate with the glass tape. Noting but the WT (and some water to fill it) needed.

I think most guys start out two handed (easier to keep straight in your mind?) but rapidly become comfortable balancing the lot from below. No big deal. Some guys like to uncouple and 'clear' the WT at the end of the hit, but this one really doesn't hold much internally.

Get one on order, you won't regret it. It's a fun treat even if it's not routinely used. Good for when your throat is rebelling.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
While I'm all in favor of supporting domestic makers and dealers, if money it tight, money it tight. If that also means you can spare a bit of time for shipment and take a bigger risk if there's a problem you can get what's most likely the same or nearly so ('Chinese glass'). While making really great glass is an art form, these sorts of things really lend themselves to mass production on a scale reasonable for a lot of 'shops'. I think that part's most cool.

Ataxian, of course, has them on a delivery schedule for even more savings.........

OF
I have domestic glass and imported!
It is cheap!

Tomy14

I got one question about the Solo Power Adapter.

Does anybody know how the Solo (new version) works with the PA? Does the PA bypass the battery and only powers the heater? I wanted the PA for home use to relieve the battery when its not needed.

Someone in this thread wrote that the PA also charges the battery with the remaining current, does anybody know more?

Tomy14,

OF

I got one question about the Solo Power Adapter.

Does anybody know how the Solo (new version) works with the PA? Does the PA bypass the battery and only powers the heater? I wanted the PA for home use to relieve the battery when its not needed.

Someone in this thread wrote that the PA also charges the battery with the remaining current, does anybody know more?

I've never tried it, but it's been reported that removing the battery will allow new styles to use the PA (remember the wall charger supplied won't cut it here, it has to be the special PA (lower voltage, much higher current). Using my current model, my tests showed the 'old style' PA can partially charge a flat battery pack, but it 'stalls out' less than half way there IIRC. It seems the original circuits are still there, but again you need to remove the battery......or so we're told.

That (installing and removing the battery) is of course not a good solution. But the current model has no better one I think.

Ironically what you want is exactly what the original version offered. Like the engineers had thought it through and all. But the demand for 'use while charging' won out (as the rules of Capitalism say it should) so now it's like most cell phones, you can charge anytime, but the unit always runs off the battery. The charger is too low in power to provide all the needed power (more like half), the remainder has to come from the battery.

All is not lost, however. The last two 'open box returns' I got from PIU were both old styles. And less than half price to boot. One needed a new battery, but even after upgrading to one of CentiZen's whizz bang packs you're bucks ahead. If you're really interested, I'd contact Randy at PIU and tell him you're specifically looking for the first model. I'd be surprised if he didn't go out of his way to set one aside for you from the next batch........he's that kinda guy. The kind we need more of.

Good luck.

OF

Tomy14

@OF
Too bad they abolished that feature, the Solo would be perfect with a real PA mode. The 'using while charging' feature they added now is, as you said, just for marketing reasons.

It would be so awesome to plug in the Solo, having 10 sessions with my friends and not have to worry about battery charge and lifespan. But yea, too bad.

I contacted my vaporizer shop and they cancelled my order of the PA. I think in that case its smarter when I just buy a high capacity battery for one of my solos.

Thank you for your great help! ;)

Tomy

OF

@OF
Too bad they abolished that feature, the Solo would be perfect with a real PA mode. The 'using while charging' feature they added now is, as you said, just for marketing reasons.

It would be so awesome to plug in the Solo, having 10 sessions with my friends and not have to worry about battery charge and lifespan. But yea, too bad.

While I agree with you, I suspect lots more folks take advantage of 'use while charging' than ever did the PA. You sure can't blame them for providing what the majority of the customers want.

Glad you got your order cancelled. You're welcome, glad the advice helped.

Yes, I think it's a very natural feature.....which is why I've stashed away a couple old style backups. I only have one new style, which I basically never use (but loan out).

OF

THCfootprint

My solo has been acting up lately so I wanted to send it in to get it fixed. Arizer contacted me and wanted to me ship it to their "USA service center, M&M Specialties". I googled mapped the address they sent me, just for giggles, and found it to be in a remote area in Washington. It's literally in a rural community. Is it worth shipping my solo there?

THCfootprint,

TheWhisper

Anyone have any suggestions for a vial/tube that matches the diameter of the Solo's stock bowls (which I imprecisely measured to be 1.3mm)? Looking for something to keep pre-ground material in that I could just place the bowl on top of, and then inhale to fill the bowl :D

TheWhisper,

OF

happyvapeman

Anyone have any suggestions for a vial/tube that matches the diameter of the Solo's stock bowls (which I imprecisely measured to be 1.3mm)? Looking for something to keep pre-ground material in that I could just place the bowl on top of, and then inhale to fill the bowl :D

I use standard size (smallest) plastic pill bottles that I get when I fill prescription medications...

Top Bottom