Arizer Solo

rakka

Vaped
Can't go wrong with a good hybrid either--I prefer sativa dominant though, unless I want to be knocked out :) In which case an indica or indica dominant does the job well, lazy as hell and if it's late at night zzzzzzz. Oh, and I don't have as much motivation to get out of bed the next morning haha. That's why I *usually* prefer sativa/hybrid

LiquidVape

I'm grabbing myself an Arizer Solo and I'm unsure how much to smoke for first time.

I used to smoke around 13yrs ago so I know what to expect.

Recently I smoked twice (joint) with my wife, first time she said she didn't get high while I was laughing my ass off :)

Second time she was coughing a lot and had a bad trip that her throat was hurting like hell, I had a bad trip trying to focus on her to make her feel well and give positive vibe to her, after 45min she felt better but said that she always thought it was supposed to make you feel relaxed, and she was not feeling relaxed or happy.

So I wanna grab us Arizer Solo, but I'm not sure how much we should smoke, I read that vaporizers are more efficient, so don't want to smoke too much.

Also any recommendation as to Indca, Sativa or Hybrid ?

Thanks guys.
Welcome to vaping and also welcome to consuming cannabis ^^
First off, using a vaporizer, is more efficient in terms of consuming cannabis, though i would not say it is more efficient on how high you will get. Vaporizing is like smoking, except it takes you longer to go through a given amount using vaporizing method. Basically, 1 "puff" from the Solo will not get you as high as 1 puff of a joint, given its the same material; so that makes vapes easier to control your "medication" level ;D
also, http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporization-temperature-dependent-selection-of-effects.1637/ will give you some more info on vaping levels and its effects.

As for the Cannabis itself, i would suggest something like https://www.leafly.com/ and wikipedia ("Canabis", "Indica/Sativa" as key words) to browse around, familiarize yourself with the effects of different strains. The science behind everything is fairly non scientific, but its the closest you will get to a good idea of what you are smoking.
Hope this helps a tad and gives you and idea where to start,
cheers

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I disagree with not getting as medicated with smoking a joint vs using a vaporizer. If you are still smoking joints or pipes you are not going to feel as medicated. You have to break the smoking habit to get the full impact from vaporizing. Get away from smoking a couple weeks and you can feel the difference. Smoking won't appeal to you anymore.

The Solo is a great first vaporizer or the 5th or 6th one. It's easy to use and you will enjoy the vapor that the Solo provides. You can't taste the vapor if you smoke your meds.

Last edited:

LiquidVape

I disagree with not getting as medicated with smoking a joint vs using a vaporizer. If you are still smoking joints or pipes you are not going to feel as medicated. You have to break the smoking habit to get the full impact from vaporizing. Get away from smoking a couple weeks and you can feel the difference. Smoking won't appeal to you anymore.

I did not mean that you won't get as medicated, but more in regards to comparing it to smoking. I dont combust anymore (well like once a week, with friends, but thats it, i vape daily ~1gram), but it would be misleading to say that i can get as high from 2-3 tokes from my Solo compared to 2-3 tokes from a join. i would put around .5-.7 grams in a joint, smoke that within 3 min, and be hiiiiigh. .5 in a solo will probably get me as high (if not higher), but would take me ~30 min to complete .5 grams. Thats the diference i am talking about. as an ex smoker, the first thing you want to know (same thing goes with e-cigs, ive been through that also) is how closlely the experience of vaping is to smoking. And yes, stopping combustion completely is the way to go and realize you dont need to smoke a .5-.7 in a few minutes to get really high/medicated. Patience is probably the biggest change from Combustion to Vaping IMO.

Should probably mention that ive only experienced vaping with the Solo only.

Last edited:

OF

I dont combust anymore (well like once a week, with friends, but thats it, i vape daily ~1gram), but it would be misleading to say that i can get as high from 2-3 tokes from my Solo compared to 2-3 tokes from a join.

Should probably mention that ive only experienced vaping with the Solo only.

Well then you're still smoking. You haven't made the break, and what's more you've made it all the harder to do so. The Lady knows what she's talking about, it's no secret around here, we've all been through it one way or another.

Smoking is revolting when you get right down to it. Few would do it if it weren't for the THC or Nicotine. You've come to associate the nasty junk in smoke with getting high. They're linked in your brain. You need to break that link. It can take a week or two, longer if you've had a lot of 'resets' (like just one joint or blunt with the guys....). But eventually your mind will adapt to a new reality (as it sees things), no longer do you need to stick your face in the campfire to get high. They become two things. Right now you've got one going on and it started with smoking nasty stuff, stuff that made you sick. But you also got off. Your brain has never experienced being high without the smoke enough to actually form the idea of THC from vapor.

Take the Lady's advice. If you were to go to the "Ask FC" thread and pose the question I know you'll get the same advice from lots of others. You need to put down blazing for a while, then smoking again becomes repulsive and you can fully enjoy vaping. Basically after doing so none of us go back......that's why. Sad to say, your hill will be steeper to climb I think, but the rewards are just as sweet.

Good luck with it, I hope you get on board.

OF

So a while back, over on the Air thread, Sinclue suggested some preformed screens that seem ideal for the job of filtering debris while lowering the volume of the load. Something many of us are tinkering with:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-96#post-730350

So I ordered some to try in the Air stem. Due to the way it's built it has a taper just where the flat plate with the four holes joins the wall. A bit like a wedge, it pushes the screen up the side again as you change loads and otherwise mess with it. The best results there are pretty crude. Not so here:
eslZCjG.jpg

IMO nearly ideal dome, trimmed better than you or I can hope to do, nearly perfectly sized (no fitting), ready to go. I recommend them for your consideration.....with a big assist from Sinclue, of course.

Regards,

OF

Last edited by a moderator:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
KidFated.,
Reactions: ctxgooner

LongIslandmom

LIMom here and a little frantic

My beautiful D20 China Cat has my beautiful Ed Wood adapter stuck it in. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me . I put a little Vaseline yesterday and it worked like a charm. Really don't want to lose either peice - compared to a lot of you I'm just getting started on my collection of vapes and glass. It's always have good to have back up and I do because I have my very beautiful doughboy and he's big and bad. You know it was 420 on a Saturday, it was such a nice session and the boom...something else breaks, isn't working right, isn't charging...

Letting it sit to cool off right and have put a little more Vaseline around it.

Still had fun!!

If I needed a real pen vaporizer for nola what does the solo Gang say. I already have a pulsar and it's ok. Of course price is somewhat a consideration otherwise I would just buy the air. And in the crowds more people have pens, Louisana is in no way a legal state. For Mardi Gras law enforcement doesn't really care but you must be discreet. Po has a lot more going on at Mardi Gras that he needs to worry about then people getting high

LIMom

First vape Pax retired now hate it
2nd vape: Vape Pen Pulsar 7 just rebought a lot of stuff for - it's running better I don't really count pens
3rd vape: Evo xhale best thing I ever did - love at first site
4th vape: Solo best thing I ever did love at first site
I'm getting a little low on glass if China Cat does not pull thru but I do have DoughBoy the best ever

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
My beautiful D20 China Cat has my beautiful Ed Wood adapter stuck it in. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me .

I had the same experience with a similar water tool and my Ed's Blackwood stem.
I never used it as a GonG again for fear it would end up breaking some expensive glass.

With glass connections, I always wrap the male end with plumbers tape.
Some of my lab glass setups are worth almost $2000, so it can be very important.
I suppose the same could perhaps be done with Ed'd stem as well.

mixchu69

Awesome guys, thanks for some tips.

Could you please tell me which screen to get from PlanetVape, casual smoker, maybe once every 1-2 weeks.
https://www.planetvape.ca/solo-vaporizer-coarse-and-ultra-fine-screens.html

Also are there any accessories that I need to hunt down on net that are really recommended for this Vaporizer ?
To many pages in this thread to read :)
I would suggest buying the gong and fbomb combo at planetvape.ca if you would like to try water filtration. You can use the bubbler with a lot of different vaporizers.

mixchu69,

poonman

With glass connections, I always wrap the male end with plumbers tape.

Interesting , I'm going to try that out .
I've been using 100% organic Bee's wax for my ' joints ' .

If the Gong is left on , and the wax congeals .
I can just heat up the area with a lighter , and the wax melts
allowing for easy removal . @LongIslandmom

I've used it for my Evo , but had to stop .
The extreme heat source was in contact with the wax .
And I do not like to inhale anything But THC Vapors .
No plasticky/electronic or any Off gassing foreign substance
that I cannot identify or recognize .

Ra2Zve5.jpg

nuL8Y37.jpg

LongIslandmom

You guys are so lucky to live in a legal state.

I did a soft reset but still don't hear a beep. Sometimes it takes the solo a little time to heat up. Is it possible to over charge the solo.

I love as much as my evo but the evo just works every time. So does the solo but I have to work it a little more. And yes Randy from puff it up is the best for all things. Can't wait for my JoDa gong!!

LongIslandmom,
Reactions: ctxgooner

OF

I did a soft reset but still don't hear a beep. Sometimes it takes the solo a little time to heat up. Is it possible to over charge the solo.

To turn the beep on and off start it up and hold the left key (up) down for about 5 seconds. If it was off you get a test beep, if it was on you get a test silence (yeah, I know.....).

It should take roughly the same time to heat unless the battery is on it's last legs. It slows with charge, in theory as much as 50% (if it took 2 minutes it now takes 3), although that's easier to demonstrate with Air (with it's harder working single battery) than Solo.

You should not be able to over charge (or discharge) the battery, but you can kill it off young (or it can go prematurely on it's own).

Good luck.

OF

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Interesting , I'm going to try that out .
I've been using 100% organic Bee's wax for my ' joints ' .

If the Gong is left on , and the wax congeals .
I can just heat up the area with a lighter , and the wax melts
allowing for easy removal . @LongIslandmom

I've used it for my Evo , but had to stop .
The extreme heat source was in contact with the wax .
And I do not like to inhale anything But THC Vapors .
No plasticky/electronic or any Off gassing foreign substance
that I cannot identify or recognize .

Ra2Zve5.jpg

nuL8Y37.jpg

That looks like a good way as well. My largest soxhlet extractor(2200 ML) has a special plastic sleeve that keeps the condenser connection from sticking to the the soxhlet connection. With the rest of the connections I used the plumbers tape. As mentioned before, plumbers tape is cheap and can even "repair" glass items; as when my 14mm gong broke while cleaning. I wrapped it with plumbers tape and am still using it.

mummygong.jpg

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Is there a certain type of plumbers tape to look for at the hardware store?

EDiT
Love these household vaporizing tips of info. Thank you everybody.

Last edited:
Top Bottom