Arizer Solo

OF

Cool. Ain't it cool the Lady knew........again. Or maybe spooky. As she suggests, I too have two. Did I get that spelt right? The backup one is stored safely away, the main one lonely and unused since the PNWT came to stay. I find it much easier to grab a few hits with, just stack it on. Easier to keep clean (I use PBW soaks, super easy).

And of course the silly personal issue (isn't there always?), I kept banging my forehead with the Solo using the Infamous Bubbler. Fat head some might say.....

BTW, if you want to have some good clean fun with that guy, and have access to concentrates (oils and waxes) pick yourself an 'electric nail' (modified open frame e-cig basically) lash it to the side of the bubbler, connect it with a loop of hose and you're good to go one handed. On demand.

Then you'll have an excuse to get the F Bomb/PNWT you know you really want.......

OF

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Cool. Ain't it cool the Lady knew........again. Or maybe spooky. As she suggests, I too have two. Did I get that spelt right? The backup one is stored safely away, the main one lonely and unused since the PNWT came to stay. I find it much easier to grab a few hits with, just stack it on.

I don't even know how I knew that. :lol:

I have two PNWT's too. :nod:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Received my Vortex mouthpieces from Planetvape today. I bought 2, just in case. A nice sturdy stem made with extra thick glass and a slightly longer stem than the regular Solo straight stems. This is added for a longer air path to help cool the vapor. It's like a vortex pocket between the herb and the air tube. Also it comes with a screen.

It gives the herb a full bodied flavor. These mouthpieces have the extra air channels down the sides like the PVHES mouthpieces. It isn't a difficult draw in any way. You need to take your time with your sessions. The Vortex stems do a nice job extracting the goodies from your medicinals. I give it an extra 45 seconds to a minute to heat up because the glass is thicker. Then I give it a slow and steady draw.

It gives this Grape Ape a wonderful flavor. And big vapor clouds too.

This isn't a must have for your Solo. This just gives you more ways to enjoy it. I'm happy with my purchase even though I'm partial to a bent stem, these only come in a straight stem for now.

I don't know if it's my imagination but I feel more medicated. This is also a pic of my wood stash box.

Last edited:

$un

Cool. Ain't it cool the Lady knew........again. Or maybe spooky. As she suggests, I too have two. Did I get that spelt right? The backup one is stored safely away, the main one lonely and unused since the PNWT came to stay. I find it much easier to grab a few hits with, just stack it on. Easier to keep clean (I use PBW soaks, super easy).

And of course the silly personal issue (isn't there always?), I kept banging my forehead with the Solo using the Infamous Bubbler. Fat head some might say.....

BTW, if you want to have some good clean fun with that guy, and have access to concentrates (oils and waxes) pick yourself an 'electric nail' (modified open frame e-cig basically) lash it to the side of the bubbler, connect it with a loop of hose and you're good to go one handed. On demand.

Then you'll have an excuse to get the F Bomb/PNWT you know you really want.......

OF

I'm still confused and making up my mind wither I should spend more money & get the vapor blunt water tool or not since I already have that bubbler.

When first getting the solo how long should I need to charge it for before using it?

$un,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
poQSUci.jpg

Last edited:

OF

The new Vortex is amazing, have you tried one?

Yep. Just not sure what I think about it yet..... I think I'm with CK right now, very nice but works best slowed down from stock stems? Don't rush the vapor, give it more time than normal to recover between hits. I don't think it's the answer to cloud chaser's prayers.

OF

OF

Slow controlled draw/milk at higher temp through some glass would be pretty bong-like I hope!

Yes, it can. It's the "Slow controlled" part that gets guys into disappointing areas I think. They seem to think that by attacking restrictions they can beat the slow part and get Huge Clouds (their Holy Grail) in a big old hurry. IMO that's not going to happen.

I think this stems from blazing carry over experience. In a bong, the harder you pull the more oxygen you draw into the fire, the more heat you generate.......the more vapor (and other less useful stuff) you generate. Pull harder, get more heat, get more production. Easy.

Enter vapes with fixed limits on power delivery. If you draw harder not only don't you make more heat for extra vapor but you pull cold air in that needs to be heated up, stealing the very heat that would otherwise make vapor........actual vapor production, in mg per minute say, goes down.....not up. You get larger volume but more dilute. You can 'chalk your glass' just not fast. And I think 'fast and lots' was the goal. One or the other is the usual result?

In vapes, fast and thick are typically trade offs, rather than being linked positively like in blazing.

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
With the Vortex stem you get big clouds but you need a slow steady draw, not fast. That won't get the job done. Slow and steady wins the race is what I always say. You also need to wait 30 seconds to a minute between draws. The heat needs to build back up in the Solo.

I've been using the Vortex stem exclusively since it came yesterday. It creates some nice vapor flavor with the help of the Solo. Heat level 5 doesn't seem as harsh with the extended air path. Planetvape you have a winner with this new stem.

WeedyGirl1979

(What I'm going to suggest might be blasphemy to some. Please take it in the spirit intended!)
I never was a cloud chaser-the high was the goal, but I can see how that might be a visual prompt. So I was doing some research in stealth- planning to cruise later in the year and me being me, wanting all avenues explored. One of the things I looked into was putting flavor drops in the mix to disguise the scent a bit. I accidently got ones with nicotine the first time around (I'm old enough to remember the first version that was strictly flavor!) and sucked it up and asked the second time. One thing I've noticed from testing is that I can drop the heat on my Solo down to 3 and still have enough vapor to pass through my new scientific bubbler/bong. Crazy amounts of clouds, so much that I had to modify my draw a bit so as not to just choke. I still feel the same amount of lifted, and my throat feels better. If you gotta see those clouds, maybe look into this.

WeedyGirl1979,

Justpassedu

(What I'm going to suggest might be blasphemy to some. Please take it in the spirit intended!)
I never was a cloud chaser-the high was the goal, but I can see how that might be a visual prompt. So I was doing some research in stealth- planning to cruise later in the year and me being me, wanting all avenues explored. One of the things I looked into was putting flavor drops in the mix to disguise the scent a bit. I accidently got ones with nicotine the first time around (I'm old enough to remember the first version that was strictly flavor!) and sucked it up and asked the second time. One thing I've noticed from testing is that I can drop the heat on my Solo down to 3 and still have enough vapor to pass through my new scientific bubbler/bong. Crazy amounts of clouds, so much that I had to modify my draw a bit so as not to just choke. I still feel the same amount of lifted, and my throat feels better. If you gotta see those clouds, maybe look into this.
So your using e cig liquid and putting a little on your herb ? I don't quite understand .

Justpassedu,

WeedyGirl1979

Yes, but like I said, I remember when the drops were solely for flavor and not with nicotine in them. As a past occasional tobacco user, I don't mind the nicotine kind, but I can't do them all the time. I layer in with a small covering of herb, drops, and more herb- like a sandwich. Like I said, not for everyone.

Justpassedu

Yes, but like I said, I remember when the drops were solely for flavor and not with nicotine in them. As a past occasional tobacco user, I don't mind the nicotine kind, but I can't do them all the time. I layer in with a small covering of herb, drops, and more herb- like a sandwich. Like I said, not for everyone.
Hmm cool i may give it a try when i need to mask the smell a bit for outdoor travels. Ty for the idea.

Justpassedu,

mixchu69

What do you do with it when its fully seasoned? How do you get it out? I usually just clean it off with alcohol. I have seen people clean it off with a q-tip then smoke the cotton.
If you are not going to use it, soak it in ISO overnight and then rinse with warm water. Some people let the ISO evaporate, then vape what is left over. however you want.

Top Bottom