Arizer Solo

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
Avoid Massdrop peeps, they're crappy and incompetent!
Sorry to hear of your bad experience. OTOH: I got a new one in the October solo drop with zero drama and I'd have no hesitation in using them again.
Delivered to Melbourne, Australia about 3 weeks after the drop closed. Slower than egay but cheaper for me.
I guess sh*t happens sometimes, but I suspect the vast majority of massdrop experiences are relatively painless given they're still in business.

Last edited:

Uzer

OTOH: I got a new one in the October solo drop with zero drama and I'd have no hesitation in using them again.
Delivered to Melbourne, Australia about 3 weeks after the drop closed. Slower than egay but cheaper for me.
I guess sh*t happens sometimes, but I suspect the vast majority of massdrop experiences are relatively painless given they're still in business.

I ordered something from MD. I had no problems but a bunch of peoples items were shipped in unsealed envelopes so they got nothing but a packing slip.

Uzer,
Reactions: Pipes

Pappy

shmaporist
Anyone who can't read a packing slip or fill a box correctly and has no customer service to boot is on the same level as a scam artist IMO. I have nothing more to say on Massdrop, I have warned the FC community.

Pappy,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
i have bought three separate items thru MD.

While the waits were excruciatingly lo-oong, I got all three items.

Signed. Sealed. & Delivered.

A happy camper.

Skyscraper

Ran out of buds for now, but I collected plenty of kief. Been vaping bowls in my Solo, really an enjoyable experience. I find that the Solo especially shines when using kief. Smoking it alone was always wasteful, but I can pack a few nice stems with a measly amount of kief that go for 2 sessions!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Ran out of buds for now, but I collected plenty of kief. Been vaping bowls in my Solo, really an enjoyable experience. I find that the Solo especially shines when using kief. Smoking it alone was always wasteful, but I can pack a few nice stems with a measly amount of kief that go for 2 sessions!
I love starting low with kief stems and working up!! I was recently blessed with a little bit of herb that was CAKED in kief to the point where just the movement of a 4p grinder (no coin inside) would dump some in the kief catcher. I managed to collect a nice little pile of surprisingly clean stuff and was able to press it out into a little "poor man's dry sift" patty. I didn't dab it because I happened to find out that I was out of butane but vaporized quite well in the Solo :nod: Bit of a pain to collect clean kief (most dry sifters use meshes much finer than my grinder's to try and keep only trich heads) and then to press it out (I used unbleached parchment paper and a hot Solo stem) but it becomes more manageable.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I was cleaning out my SOLO and blew air through the chamber and I noticed air coming out of the bottom AND In front through the control panel. Is air supposed to be exiting out through the front indicated a flow through there?

Slow Draw McGraw,

OF

I was cleaning out my SOLO and blew air through the chamber and I noticed air coming out of the bottom AND In front through the control panel. Is air supposed to be exiting out through the front indicated a flow through there?

No, definitely not. Not because it's sealed or anything like that, but because you shouldn't be blowing that way in the first place. Such action serves no useful purpose I can see. What's the idea? It won't blow anything out of the vapor path of course.

There's a wide gap past the oven, around the electronics and battery and out the vents but it's intended to have modest flow (by convection) the other way.

That is, IMO, no indication of any sort of fault with the Solo. Not to worry.

OF

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
No, definitely not. Not because it's sealed or anything like that, but because you shouldn't be blowing that way in the first place. Such action serves no useful purpose I can see. What's the idea? It won't blow anything out of the vapor path of course.

There's a wide gap past the oven, around the electronics and battery and out the vents but it's intended to have modest flow (by convection) the other way.

That is, IMO, no indication of any sort of fault with the Solo. Not to worry.

OF

Thanks.

Slow Draw McGraw,
Reactions: OF

Uzer

I've gotten in the habit ever few sessions of putting my mouth on the bottom and blowing. If you hold your hand out you'll see the tiny little boogers come out. I agree with OF, I wouldn't be blowing air the opposite way back into the unit.

OF

I've gotten in the habit ever few sessions of putting my mouth on the bottom and blowing. If you hold your hand out you'll see the tiny little boogers come out.

Interesting idea. For sure debris can collect under the oven, there have been some scary photos, including blocking the air inlet under the oven.

I usually end up taking mine apart often enough so this is not an issue for me personally, but I think it may have merit?

FWIW, after I got used to inverting the Solo to install and remove the stem debris buildup has almost stopped.

One thing sure, I wouldn't advise doing it in public. Unless........

OF

Alex43rd

Arizer Air
Wow!! If you know how to work the solo you can get so much out of your bud!! I went from 3.5 a day smoking to .3 max sometimes .25. I start .15 at temp 3 for the fist session. Hours later that same stem at temp 4, then 5 and 6. So that's .15 for 2 sessions. I do that twice a day (4 sessions spread out). Blue dream, sour, green crack.. no more pain and feeling great!!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Wow!! If you know how to work the solo you can get so much out of your bud!! I went from 3.5 a day smoking to .3 max sometimes .25. I start .15 at temp 3 for the fist session. Hours later that same stem at temp 4, then 5 and 6. So that's .15 for 2 sessions. I do that twice a day (4 sessions spread out). Blue dream, sour, green crack.. no more pain and feeling great!!

That's great, Alex! I, too, believe in minimalism, to the point of it becoming miser-ism.

Great that you max-imize the benefit of your medication. Me, I do it for the hahas. & the head high.

I do get a lot of hahas when I do le$$, and get the same high.

Be Kind, my friend.

Uzer

I too cut my intake by more than half when I bought this amazing little machine a couple months ago. Also turned on a couple friends who also switched and are equally happy. I'm starting to think I need to go into the vape business.

LongIslandmom

Ok ya'll it's Friday and you know what that means for me: Friday Highday yeah I'm so happy

The solo aka BB did not pair as well with my doughboy even using my new PV adapter which I love. I think I have a problem getting even first herb even cooking. I like the PV adpater because you pull it out and see what has cooked I got some vapor , it wasn't a total waste and I am definitely trying again. I have a nice little glass bong and I think I will try her with that instead of the doughboy. Doughboy is big and bad - maybe its overwhelming her. I will say that BB with just the straight stem no water tool is very very great and this is an awesome portable vape. She has no problem heating that up and she's much quicker, smarter and easier than The beast at that task, as females are in general. I just need the water filtration for my throat.
And I am waiting very patiently for my little package from sunshine store DO20 so that should help take care of that issue? It is going to get here right?

Of course I had The exhale on as my backup, just in case so the beast and the doughboy were ready; I went straight to BBs older brothers and this is a match made in heaven. Honest it's the most fun!! I don't think BB with ever catch up but that's why 1 is a desktop and 1 is a portable that can really get around.

I'm very happy with my first desktop and my 2nd portable - the pax hasn't seen daylight in weeks!!

Have Fun on Friday

LIM

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Ok ya'll it's Friday and you know what that means for me: Friday Highday yeah I'm so happy

The solo aka BB did not pair as well with my doughboy even using my new PV adapter which I love. I think I have a problem getting even first herb even cooking. I like the PV adpater because you pull it out and see what has cooked I got some vapor , it wasn't a total waste and I am definitely trying again. I have a nice little glass bong and I think I will try her with that instead of the doughboy. Doughboy is big and bad - maybe its overwhelming her. I will say that BB with just the straight stem no water tool is very very great and this is an awesome portable vape. She has no problem heating that up and she's much quicker, smarter and easier than The beast at that task, as females are in general. I just need the water filtration for my throat.
And I am waiting very patiently for my little package from sunshine store DO20 so that should help take care of that issue? It is going to get here right?

Of course I had The exhale on as my backup, just in case so the beast and the doughboy were ready; I went straight to BBs older brothers and this is a match made in heaven. Honest it's the most fun!! I don't think BB with ever catch up but that's why 1 is a desktop and 1 is a portable that can really get around.

I'm very happy with my first desktop and my 2nd portable - the pax hasn't seen daylight in weeks!!

Have Fun on Friday

LIM
Stuff shipping from China can take a few weeks to get there, maybe sometimes even longer. Sunshine is a good one from what I remember so you should be fine. Try putting the tracking number into USPS might show up here somewhere. Yeah the Solo won't play like the Evo but looking at even just the size difference it's awesome what we can do with it.

About the vapor thing, sometimes bud isn't cured properly (moisture levels brought down) and you end up vaporizing the water and terpenes (the taste/smell of cannabis) first before you get to the goodies. One way to check is to try and break the stem from a bud, it should snap and not bend which would indicate moisture. I usually grind out what I will use for the next day and let it sit out overnight and it really helps. Also try inserting the stem before you select heat level that way the glass of the stem is brought up to temperature with the oven, then give it like 15-30 seconds after it initially reaches heat before you hit it. Guaranteed milky hits much faster this way.

Ifeejulah Vapor

Just got the solo Yesterday...ripped it..amazing...homie ripped it...immediatly ORDERED ONE!....vaped with friends at the bar all night...very pleased

After over charging for ab 2 hours (got antsy) i took it out and used all the battery uo vaping like a feind...got a lil effed up and left it on the charger for 7 hours i hope thats ok

Ripping it right now..amazing how they put the EQ into a smaller form with the same vapor quality

Setting 3 is working great for me.

Stem is a little loose but it doesnt bother me..mayble ill get a ring one day

Extremely please with the Solo like most of you are! Cheers!:rockon:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Just got the solo Yesterday...ripped it..amazing...homie ripped it...immediatly ORDERED ONE!....vaped with friends at the bar all night...very pleased

After over charging for ab 2 hours (got antsy) i took it out and used all the battery uo vaping like a feind...got a lil effed up and left it on the charger for 7 hours i hope thats ok

Ripping it right now..amazing how they put the EQ into a smaller form with the same vapor quality

Setting 3 is working great for me.

Stem is a little loose but it doesnt bother me..mayble ill get a ring one day

Extremely please with the Solo like most of you are! Cheers!:rockon:
Welcome to the Solo fan club. We love our Solo and want others to enjoy the virtues of this wonderful portable. She may not be the slimmest on the block but she makes up up for it in performance.

With big clouds of flavor filled vapor the Solo will get you where you want or need to be. It works well whether you are medical or recreational. Remember you need to....................
Fuckcombustion.:leaf::peace:

poonman

Hi guys!If i'm wanting to smoke hash!Do i sandwhich it between the herb?

Thanks

Yes , I like to heat up the hash and break it up
into crumbles 1st . Still do the herb sandwich
to keep the hash from actually contacting the oven .
They can stain a bit more than just herbs , depending on type
of hash . ime . You'll notice the hash flavor overall .

Ifeejulah Vapor

How often and do you guys use your solo...its saturday and im tryna vape all day. Any reason I should not just keep packing the solo continuously?

I know the EQ is a home unit so its different but ill sit on that for 6 hours. Wondering if you gus use the solo the same way ever

Ifeejulah Vapor,
Reactions: poonman

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Everything in moderation. Even with the beloved Solo you can build up a THC high tolerance - beware.:evil:

You use less product so it's tempting.

EDIT
Cotton is something I use all the time. Either as a screen or for for wrapping hash or wax. Even as a spacer. It keeps things clean too. I learned this on FC. Another vaping household hint.

Last edited:
Top Bottom