• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Hey bro' - I gots a super simple free suggest - buy a screen & trim to a little smaller and push it into the mouthpiece end instead of the bowl (mine goes up near the bend) - it's easily removable/cleanable and keeps the plant flakes out of yer mouth/throat Plus quit sucking so hard, elephant tokes come from BONGS!

A ZEUS grinder gives perfect consistency to your load, but I often hand-manicure my weed as well - I'm an olde-school-hippie-joint-twister - no wood or leaf in MY goumet doobs, thank you!

It's only an opinion, but whole bud, even popcorn, is not going to evap uniformly - all it takes is a glimpse with a microscope to see it yourself! ... but - opinions are like rectums - everybody has one and most of them stink!
I go for the taste, fresh whole dried bud tastes good in the Solo. If it doesn't vape all the way, I don't care. I make QWET oil from my ABV, so there is no waste. If you like screens and grinders, by all means use them. But this little machine is versatile, it can be used so many ways.

biohacker

I go for the taste, fresh whole dried bud tastes good in the Solo. If it doesn't vape all the way, I don't care. I make QWET oil from my ABV, so there is no waste. If you like screens and grinders, by all means use them. But this little machine is versatile, it can be used so many ways.

So you exclusively vape whole nugs but do not use a screen? I mix it up but even with whole nugs I find I need to use a screen to avoid particles getting into my mouth, but maybe you don't really break yours down after a few hits?

biohacker,

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
I have always wondered about this and since you are experienced. Herbs other than MJ are they generally safe to vaporize or do you need to research each one? In general if its safe to eat is it safe to vaporizer?
I would be cautious about what plants you vape. There are some lists of good things to vape on the internet though. Here is a link: http://www.integrativeoncology-essentials.com/2011/05/inhaling-vaporized-botanicals-as-medicine/
As you can see some of our common herbs should be safe to use this way.
Definitely will add a new dimension to your vape sessions.
I found fresh herbs from my own garden were best.

I am so sad about my Arizer Solo lately. It was great for about a year. But it's just gradually broken down. The top won't stay screwed on anymore, so it's taped to stay on. Now the problem is the battery won't stay charged at all. I know I can probably send it in for repair? But I would rather just buy something new since I've started having problems with it...
Don't know if this helps, but Arizer only charged me $5.00 for a replacement cap.
You might also consider an upgrade battery by forum member CentiZen.

So you exclusively vape whole nugs but do not use a screen? I mix it up but even with whole nugs I find I need to use a screen to avoid particles getting into my mouth, but maybe you don't really break yours down after a few hits?
I usually vape one side of the nug then blow it out and flip it over. I actually do have a cheepo plastic grinder( I lost my metal one). Have used screens before, but the airflow is better without. Specks getting in my mouth doesn't bug me as much as many here.

Last edited:

Detonator

can anyone tell me whats going on my my solo?

2 mo ago it stopped heating up
then a few weeks ago it started working again,
after I tried pluggin in the PA and unplugging yada yada which didn't do anything
but like I said it just started working...

ok... Now it works but seems to run way hotter than it used to.. I used to like setting 6 or 7 to get good vapor and nice dark brown ABV...

But now I only need setting 3 or 4 to get the same results... hmmm? I don't know ? But it seems to me if the battery was wearing out it would heat up less....

I'm happy it's working, but I know its not the same as when it was new... ideas?

Detonator,
Reactions: DDave

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
can anyone tell me whats going on my my solo?

2 mo ago it stopped heating up
then a few weeks ago it started working again,
after I tried pluggin in the PA and unplugging yada yada which didn't do anything
but like I said it just started working...

ok... Now it works but seems to run way hotter than it used to.. I used to like setting 6 or 7 to get good vapor and nice dark brown ABV...

But now I only need setting 3 or 4 to get the same results... hmmm? I don't know ? But it seems to me if the battery was wearing out it would heat up less....

I'm happy it's working, but I know its not the same as when it was new... ideas?
Be grateful!
Level 4 is the highest I could ever go?
I tried level 5 and the flavor was horrible?
6 or 7?
Just burn a joint!

If it works now enjoy!

Someone like @Pipes , @OF could explain the science reasons!

OF

Someone like @Pipes , @OF could explain the science reasons!

Are you out of your mind? Try to use Science or reason to explain you and you're ways? No way, Charlie......that would blow what little credibility I have left around this joint......

Er, make that 'this place'. We don't do joints no more.

OF

OF,

Temple

I just picked up a new Arizer Solo and a water tube. I now need a gong but not sure that I need one that is high efficiency with slits at the tip or one with no slits? The new 2014 Solos are supposed to have better airflow is why I ask... Thanks.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
We don't do joints no more.

OF
I can't handle a joint!
Vaporizing is all I can do.
The SOLO medicates perfectly in my case.
I can only handle level 4.
3 is pretty good however I like effect as well.
Level 4 gives me the best of both worlds.
Flavor/Effect

I love science however I can't explain my dilemma?
You being a scholar type I thought you might have some answers?

Your comment about not doing joints anymore is so true!

Back to the garden!

Last edited:

olivianewtonjohn

Can someone else who has taken the solo apart confirm something? Anyone know the airpath? I have taken mine apart a few times and taken it apart down to the oven layer once. I seem to remember the bottom of the oven being completely sealed from the electronics.

I am having a discussion on another vaporizer forum about this and want a second opinion. The other user is claiming he is 100% certain that the air path travels over electronics (air path not vapor path). @OF or @Pipes care to share your opinions?

Last edited:
olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Naw, common man....level 7 is only 210c.....you are just a lightweight and not a high temp vaporist! :rofl:
Your a recreational user.
I'm a medical consumer!
Maybe that is the difference?
When I was your age I smoked at least 5 fat joints a day minimum.
Calling me a light weight?
5 ounces a week of colas! (typical)
Grown in sunshine and lava soil with trade winds.

It's all good!

I'm a bit weaker today for sure so your right I'm a light weight?
33 grams a month is pretty weak!

OF

I am having a discussion on another vaporizer forum about this and want a second opinion. The other user is claiming he is 100% certain that the air path travels over electronics (air path not vapor path). @OF or @Pipes care to share your opinions?

IMO he's blowing smoke.

The overwhelming majority of the air comes in the top vents as can be easily shown with the classic 'incense test'. Almost none enters the bottom (unless you intentionally block all the top vents and seal the gap around the stem (like with an o-ring).

Sure, there are electronics in the same unit, then again your computer is also pouring out those same evil vapors in much larger quantities......it even has a fan to be sure you get full benefit. Not to mention your big screen TV that's an even worse offender by at least another order of magnitude. If a 'polluter' 100 or more times as potent isn't an issue, how come this is?

It's just not a realistic health threat, not as we define such things. To a real Health Physicist it doesn't even register. It's neigh on to undetectable, and not toxic in the first place.

You asked my opinion? It's a lame, baseless point but it's probably the best attack he can come up with? Solo is a proven, safe, successful product at a reasonable price with excellent service support. So much to hate.........

Then again, maybe he needs a reason not to have got on board?

OF

olivianewtonjohn

IMO he's blowing smoke.

The overwhelming majority of the air comes in the top vents as can be easily shown with the classic 'incense test'. Almost none enters the bottom (unless you intentionally block all the top vents and seal the gap around the stem (like with an o-ring).

Sure, there are electronics in the same unit, then again your computer is also pouring out those same evil vapors in much larger quantities......it even has a fan to be sure you get full benefit. Not to mention your big screen TV that's an even worse offender by at least another order of magnitude. If a 'polluter' 100 or more times as potent isn't an issue, how come this is?

It's just not a realistic health threat, not as we define such things. To a real Health Physicist it doesn't even register. It's neigh on to undetectable, and not toxic in the first place.

You asked my opinion? It's a lame, baseless point but it's probably the best attack he can come up with? Solo is a proven, safe, successful product at a reasonable price with excellent service support. So much to hate.........

OF
Well he has had a few solos so he is speaking from his experience (early on the robofarts if you remember). I agree with you its not something to worry about especially now that we dont see that issue anymore. I just wanted to get to the bottom of this more out of curiosity sake. I dont understand where the air for the four metal holes comes from? It almost seemed like they were sealed up when I opened it, under neath the heater is that brown material and I didnt see any holes anywhere.

As always thanks for your incite

krusht

IMO he's blowing smoke.

OF
I'm shur it matters to someone, if they can figure out .... :tup:

krusht,

al bundy

Vaporist
I think it does
Load a stem put it in, heat it and blow through the bottom holes.
Vapor will come out of the stem.

al bundy,

OF

As always thanks for your incite

Gee, I sure hope that's a typo......that is you meant "insight"? To incite is to start a riot........

I guess I don't follow your question. What four holes? There are 8 total in the cap? Otherwise most of the stem air comes down the side of the stem between it and the cup. I figure about half of that comes over the top of the cup from under the cover (there are largish holes on either end of the lower plate, the four wires leave through one of them), the other half of it comes down past the seal above (unless you're running a well fit ring, I cut slots in mine to add flow here). The air that come in the hole in the bottom of the cup also comes from under the cover, it just goes down the outside of the cup between it and the cover.

Did I get it this time?

I agree with you saddling the current Solos with problems from prior models is very much a 'the captain was sober again today' kind of cheap shot. That 'robot fart' smell was never because of evil fumes from the electronics, right?

When such nay sayers strip their houses of all electronics (to avoid the evil vapors of course.....) I'll try to take them more seriously. Unfortunately, try as I might I can't do that now. It's all I can manage to not blurt out 'you're not serious, right?'. Because, sadly, they are.

I think it does
Load a stem put it in, heat it and blow through the bottom holes.
Vapor will come out of the stem.

Do you really think that's a realistic test? I don't. Test it as it's normally used. Use intense or similar smoke while you hit it. The vast majority of air entered the top when I tried it.

OF

al bundy

Vaporist
I just noticed it because I tried it. I have no issues with any of mine.
Once the o ring is used the top vents are pretty much cut off I would think.
and I don't see any holes on the outside of the bowl itself for air to get into,
all I know is the Solo works and works well and has really no issues, although I don't like the run time on my newer unit.
I'm going to try CentiZens battery from my 107 to see if it helps.

al bundy,

OF

and I don't see any holes on the outside of the bowl itself for air to get into,
all I know is the Solo works and works well and has really no issues, although I don't like the run time on my newer unit.

Cool. For sure you can't see the openings without taking the body tube off. Under the oven there's a small circuit board on the older units where the wires attach, the vents into the oven proper are above it (look where the wires come out on one side, there's also a gap on the other side). The ring blocks the flow down past the seal (along side the stem) but doesn't change the air through the cap holes.

I agree with you, bottom line is it works. And works extremely well for almost everyone. In the end that's what really matters. The best you can hope for with your hard earned money is to buy satisfaction. I think to most of us pride of ownership is part of that?

Thanks.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I would be cautious about what plants you vape. There are some lists of good things to vape on the internet though. Here is a link: http://www.integrativeoncology-essentials.com/2011/05/inhaling-vaporized-botanicals-as-medicine/
As you can see some of our common herbs should be safe to use this way.
Definitely will add a new dimension to your vape sessions.
I found fresh herbs from my own garden were best.

Don't know if this helps, but Arizer only charged me $5.00 for a replacement cap.
You might also consider an upgrade battery by forum member CentiZen.

I usually vape one side of the nug then blow it out and flip it over. I actually do have a cheepo plastic grinder( I lost my metal one). Have used screens before, but the airflow is better without. Specks getting in my mouth doesn't bug me as much as many here.
jv8k7N6.jpg

I have a few mint plants in my garden for brewing teas.
I like your method of mixing it with cannabis and vaporizing it.

I was thinking 10/90?
10% mint
90% cannabis

I have {Spearmint; Chocolate Mint; Apple Mint; Wintergreen, Lavender} pretty basic however I'll look at the link you posted to see if these can be vaporized?
  • Camomille: relaxes emotions and muscles, relieves pain, stiff joints, headaches, sore muscles, menstrual and digestive system cramping
  • Damiana: stress reduction
  • Eucalyptus: relieving sinus and lung congestion, cough and asthma
  • Green Tea: pain reliever, aids in digestion (pain, gas, bloating, nausea)
  • Lavender: relieves muscle pain, migraines and other headaches, indigestion, reducing stress
  • Lemon Balm: helps with insomnia, reducing stress, relieve spasms, cramps and reduce pain
  • Marijuana: relieves pain, nausea, improves appetite, aids in relaxation and insomnia
  • Passion Flower: sedative, insomnia
  • Peppermint: aids in digestion (pain, gas, bloating, nausea), pain reliever (especially headaches)
  • Raspberry Leaf: relieves nausea and upset stomach
  • Sage: reduces sweating, aids in digestion
  • Spearmint: aids in digestion, relaxation, respiratory problems (bronchitis, asthma, sinusitis)
  • Thyme: relieves muscle spasms, expectorant
- See more at: http://www.integrativeoncology-esse...-botanicals-as-medicine/#sthash.Z3cJQ6ct.dpuf
Vaporization Temperatures:

Low temperature: up to 150°C (302°F)

Angelica:

100°C to 150°C (212°F to 302°F)

Black Horehound:

100°C to 125°C (212°F to 257°F)

Blue Lotus:

Chamomile:

Clove:

125°C to 150°C (257°F to 302°F)

Corn Silk:

Dandelion:

Goldenrod:

Gotu Kola:

Horsetail:

Hyssop:

Lavender:

Meadowsweet:

Motherwort:

Passionflower:

Peppermint:

Purslane:

Sage:

St. John’s Wort:

Syrian Rue (Peganum harmala):

Thyme:

Tobacco:

Wormwood:

Yarrow:

Yerba Mate:

Medium temperature: up to 175°C (347°F)

Anise:

150°C to 175°C (302°F to 347°F)

Caraway:

Cat’s Claw:

Coffee beans:

Comfrey:

Damiana:

Ephedra:

125°C to 175°C (257°F to 347°F)

Fennel:

Feverfew:

Hawthorn:

Ginkgo:

Guarana:

Lion’s Tail (Wild Dagga):

Milk Thistle:

Prickly Poppy:

Red Poppy:

Saw Palmetto:

Sweet Flag:

High temperature: up to 200°C (392°F)

Aloe Vera:

175°C to 200°C (347°F to 392°F)

Ayahuasca (Banisteriopsis caapi):

185°C to 200°C (365°F to 392°F)

Barberry:

Burdock:

150°C to 200°C (302°F to 392°F)

Cannabis:

170°C to 200°C (302°F to 392°F)

Couch Grass:

Evening Primrose:

Fly Agaric (Amanita muscaria):

Fringe Tree:

Garlic:

Ginger:

Ginseng:

Goldenseal:

Hops:

Kava Kava:

Kola Nut:

Kratom:

Licorice:

Maca Root:

Marshmallow:

Morning Glory:

Sida Cordifolia:

Salvia Divinorum:

175°C to 230°C (347°F to 392°F)

Sinicuichi (Mayan Sun Opener):

Turmeric:

Valerian:

Wild Yam:

Yohimbe:

Last edited:

Temple

I just picked up a new Arizer Solo and a water tube. I now need a gong but not sure that I need one that is high efficiency with slits at the tip or one with no slits? The new 2014 Solos are supposed to have better airflow is why I ask... Thanks.

Anybody have input on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Temple,

biohacker

That's a tough one, but I personally use (and recommend) using the gong's from EpicVape for the e-nano. They are open bore (turbo) design, and the adjustable screens make sizing your load a no brainer - from tiny shorty loads to even bigger than stock bowl loads. A good heat soak is necessary due to the thicker than normal glass.

In terms of PV's gong's, that's a tough one. I love the new Solo's airflow alot and with the open bore (not 4 holes) it is a non-issue through glass and i'm picky. It's the same for my E-Nano, I tried using a 4 hole gong and the airflow was too restricted for my enjoyment. I think the best would be if PV made a gong (no notches/slits non pvhes) for the Solo that was basic, and open bore as opposed to the current 4 hole design. I'm pretty sure PV will make what you request though.

At $14, grab a couple from Epic vape, and if you don't own an e-nano yet, seriously consider it!!!

Last edited:

hd_rider

I have both the turbo and non-turbo versions of the PlanetVape high-efficiency gongs. The non-turbo version has the built-in glass screen that you see in your original Solo stems. The turbo version eliminates this glass screen, leaving a small lip making it excellent for use with metal screens.

I also use an older Solo as well as a newer Solo (with the larger oven holes and easier air flow). I like to keep one Solo fully-charged and ready to go when the battery on my second Solo gets depleted, so I am constantly switching between my old and new Solo devices.

Based on my own personal experience, I see no difference in how either gong functions, regardless of which Solo I am using. Personally, I prefer the turbo version of the gong since there are no internal obstructions, thereby making it easier to clean (using ISO and q-tips). I also prefer to use stainless-steel screens with my Solo, which I feel do a better job of limiting the amount of foreign matter getting past the screen during use. My use of metal screens really make the integral glass screen of the non-turbo gongs useless and nothing more than a hindrance to weekly cleaning.

Temple

This is more of a question of slits or no slits. I am ok with the 4 hole design but was more concerned with high efficacy vs non high efficiency.

Temple,
Reactions: ataxian

OF

This is more of a question of slits or no slits. I am ok with the 4 hole design but was more concerned with high efficacy vs non high efficiency.

The high efficiency mod involves grooves down the side that let more air past the seal and stem and stem and cup and the notches on the lip that allow easier flow across the bottom. No slits I know of. The only slits I know of are in the top cap.

The notches address the 'I have to tip/lift the stem to get the flow I want' guys. In this area the stock stem performs basically the same (when tipped or lifted) as the PVHES.

The grooves benefit at the seal goes away as the seal wears in (that is the seal leaks more). This was a minor air path anyway, most comes in through the furnace body, under the cover and over the top of the cup. You can see a gap between the seal and the cup? That's where. The cup is loose enough anyway that the grooves really contribute very little there.

So, yes restriction is reduced. But that improvement is smaller once the owner learns to use the stem seating to control the effect (no control with PVHES, it's always 'full blast') and as the Solo 'runs in' and the seal loosens up some. The net effect is many of us have gone back to stock stems for routine use, and only use the custom ones for GonG fittings to WTs.

Remember when addressing such issues as draw restriction you only get effect from problem areas and once you make a certain level of improvement, that's it. The problem restriction simply shifts to the next spot. Diminishing returns.

I think every owner interested should get one and try it out for himself, it may 'fit his pistol'. But over time I think that is subject to change?

OF

Top Bottom