• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
PVHES straight and straight shorty stems are in stock

Thanks!

I'm HAMSTER configeration with a stock curved stem.

It doesn't even care if GIRL SCOUT COOKIES are VAPORIZED.

These CHILLUM Tips make the medical experience amazing.

oR7Ej67.jpg

No GIMMICKS!

Last edited:

HomeFree

Well put. You get the same stuff, but 'packaged differently'. Many enjoy the 'light stuff' (taste and THC mostly). Mixing 'some of the heavy stuff' in can add couch lock to the experience. This is why many save ABV for use just before bed time.

To put it in crude oil terms, you can use (burn) the oil as a mixture of different "fractions" (chemicals). That is oil wells can burn as we know. But you can also refine that oil, separate out the gasoline for use in cars, diesel for trucks, buses and those few cars that use it, bunkers to run our ships, grease and oil to lubricate (and not burn) and so on. Vaping lets us dabble in "fractional distillation" of our favorite herb. A big plus over blazing for sure.

I also heard an interesting 'fact' (yet to be confirmed but from a usually informed source) about CBD (which many of us MMJ folks crave since it allows you to medicate and still remain functional, not very useful for recreational users.....). The story is absorbing CBD tends to block the uptake of THC. That is it prevents the further effect of THC. This is why 'high CBD weed' still works (medicinal benefits without the stone aspects) even in herb with a fair amount of THC. Can anyone confirm this or offer more information? TIA

OF

Hopefully I don't get spanked for going off topic, so I will try to tie this together with something I may have discovered last night when I got a whitey off of only two pulls.

CBD seems to inhibit the effect of thc. That has been my experience. Not altogether block, but severely inhibit it, for a good 3-5 hours. If high CBD is vaped after high THC, no blocking, but pre treatment, will block a good portion of the effect in my experience. I don't mind strains with more than the basic .1-.2% CBD stuff, but it has to have more than just 1% thc, or else it makes me feel "non functional". I like the balance of both harlequin and cannatonic.

So last night I did kind of a loose pack on the last of some haze, turned the solo to 5, and got a massive first pull. Second one was pretty small, and I was about to watch a movie so I stopped at that point. I had a mild buzz which started turning a little sleepy, then about ten minutes later, full on whitey, never had one that bad from inhaled pot before, ever. And I have vaped those same buds in much larger amounts on a regular basis.

There are a lot of variables, into what may have caused it, including not finishing it off, maybe I missed the CBD fraction altogether, from premature removal of the Solo, but the CBD should still come out at lower temps, just like water evaporates from a pot.

In any case, see if you can get some ac/dc, vape that, then wait about 20 minutes or so and have some thc, and find out for yourself. I don't like the effect of CBD only, it feels bad to me, and even harder to function than with a little bit of thc added. I think CBD is half of a (edit: medicinal) crock of shit, to be completely honest, although I do know that it helps with inflammation and for psychoses (in fact it almost feels like an antipsychotic to me). I don't think it a complete crock, but I think it is being milked into the next cash cow. I find thc to be therapeutic and medicinal myself.

The person who I respect who has done a lot of research into the various cannabinoids is Sam the Skunkman, who currently works for GW Pharm.

Last edited:

HomeFree

I have been contemplating getting a claisen adapter so I can clear my bubbler easier, or if I want to do a double fisted vape like macbill.

Does it get a lot easier to knock over like that?

That D020 bubbler is probably the best $30 on glass I ever spent. I need to get me some PBW or TSP and clean it though.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hopefully I don't get spanked for going off topic, so I will try to tie this together with something I may have discovered last night when I got a whitey off of only two pulls.

CBD seems to inhibit the effect of thc. That has been my experience. Not altogether block, but severely inhibit it, for a good 3-5 hours. If high CBD is vaped after high THC, no blocking, but pre treatment, will block a good portion of the effect in my experience. I don't mind strains with more than the basic .1-.2% CBD stuff, but it has to have more than just 1% thc, or else it makes me feel "non functional". I like the balance of both harlequin and cannatonic.

So last night I did kind of a loose pack on the last of some haze, turned the solo to 5, and got a massive first pull. Second one was pretty small, and I was about to watch a movie so I stopped at that point. I had a mild buzz which started turning a little sleepy, then about ten minutes later, full on whitey, never had one that bad from inhaled pot before, ever. And I have vaped those same buds in much larger amounts on a regular basis.

There are a lot of variables, into what may have caused it, including not finishing it off, maybe I missed the CBD fraction altogether, from premature removal of the Solo, but the CBD should still come out at lower temps, just like water evaporates from a pot.

In any case, see if you can get some ac/dc, vape that, then wait about 20 minutes or so and have some thc, and find out for yourself. I don't like the effect of CBD only, it feels bad to me, and even harder to function than with a little bit of thc added. I think CBD is half of a (edit: medicinal) crock of shit, to be completely honest, although I do know that it helps with inflammation and for psychoses (in fact it almost feels like an antipsychotic to me). I don't think it a complete crock, but I think it is being milked into the next cash cow. I find thc to be therapeutic and medicinal myself.

The person who I respect who has done a lot of research into the various cannabinoids is Sam the Skunkman, who currently works for GW Pharm.
I can still get the sweats from a massive pull with my Solo. I haven't actually greened out in a LONG time, I think the last time was actually from an ABV edible where I dosed a lot higher than I should have. Panic attack, elevated heart rate, etc. It sucked but I knew I'd be fine.

High-CBD isn't half a crock of shit, nowhere near. I'm of the opinion that if you can medically benefit from high-CBD strains it'll show you. If you aren't vaping for pain or nausea then you won't get the benefits that CBD can give you and instead it can "detract" from the experience. Also as you mentioned it inhibits the psychoactive effects of THC, something that a lot of medical patients actually want. I find it easier to go about my day with a lot of CBD and just negligible highs from the THC, as opposed to being spaced all day trying to get things done. Sure, I'll take a strong sativa, it just has more of a recreational appeal to my situation. CBD by itself has already been proven to be beneficial for a variety of things, from pain to a possible replacement for some atypical antipsychotics (since it has less side effects). The only problem I have with putting CBD on a pedestal is that it's not JUST the CBD, or CBD + THC, or CBD + THC + CBG+ CBN, but all the cannabinoids plus the terpenes. I think the only people trying to make it the next cash cow are those that only care about money. We'll never have enough research into this plant IMO.

As for the missing CBD thing, it's possible. I notice more CBD/indica effects at 7 compared to 5 compared to 3. One massive first pull is vaporizing the terpenes and low-temp cannabinoids, mainly THC. Some CBD will be vaporized as you said, but even if some of it was vaporized, the ratio of THC to CBD in the vapor might have been different compared to taking shorter but more hits. Maybe that first hit was more convection than conduction? Maybe it's Maybelline?

One more stem before bed, today has been a day filled with pain and sleep. And I rarely sleep!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I can still get the sweats from a massive pull with my Solo. I haven't actually greened out in a LONG time, I think the last time was actually from an ABV edible where I dosed a lot higher than I should have. Panic attack, elevated heart rate, etc. It sucked but I knew I'd be fine.

High-CBD isn't half a crock of shit, nowhere near. I'm of the opinion that if you can medically benefit from high-CBD strains it'll show you. If you aren't vaping for pain or nausea then you won't get the benefits that CBD can give you and instead it can "detract" from the experience. Also as you mentioned it inhibits the psychoactive effects of THC, something that a lot of medical patients actually want. I find it easier to go about my day with a lot of CBD and just negligible highs from the THC, as opposed to being spaced all day trying to get things done. Sure, I'll take a strong sativa, it just has more of a recreational appeal to my situation. CBD by itself has already been proven to be beneficial for a variety of things, from pain to a possible replacement for some atypical antipsychotics (since it has less side effects). The only problem I have with putting CBD on a pedestal is that it's not JUST the CBD, or CBD + THC, or CBD + THC + CBG+ CBN, but all the cannabinoids plus the terpenes. I think the only people trying to make it the next cash cow are those that only care about money. We'll never have enough research into this plant IMO.

As for the missing CBD thing, it's possible. I notice more CBD/indica effects at 7 compared to 5 compared to 3. One massive first pull is vaporizing the terpenes and low-temp cannabinoids, mainly THC. Some CBD will be vaporized as you said, but even if some of it was vaporized, the ratio of THC to CBD in the vapor might have been different compared to taking shorter but more hits. Maybe that first hit was more convection than conduction? Maybe it's Maybelline?

One more stem before bed, today has been a day filled with pain and sleep. And I rarely sleep!
Since you wrote some profound rant let me add:

CBD' S yes however PURPLE KUSH or GSC high in THC before bed!
SWEET DREAM' S!

The whole plant!

All of IT!

Lets_Vape

Hey guys,

It seems my last post was liked quite a lot, but there hasn't been much discussion of a powerbank for the Solo yet has there?
I thought I'd keep you up to date with my next purchase which I'm going to try, in case anyone wants to jump on the bandwagon to get the same setup

Since I have a Vamo ecig as well I have a couple of extra 18650 batteries which with my Haze vaporizer coming in are going to come in very handy.
While looking for powerbanks I stumbled upon this powerbank which is powered by 18650's http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Univ...ower-Bank-Battery-Charger-Box/1938735232.html

It can do 5v/9v/12v which means it's perfect for charging a phone, using the Solo as passthrough at 9v or charging it at 12v

A normal Solo battery is 2200 mAh so having 6 18650 batteries in here would mean that you can easily get 6 x 2600mAh cells in there (Don't be fooled by the fake capacities, but we've surely got experts around the ecig forums on which batteries would be preferable)
But with 2600mAh that would total to 15600mAh which with a 2200mAh capacity of the Solo should be able to run the Solo for 15600/2200=7.09 charge cycles.

Edit: As expected the maths on that are not right, check OF's post for a better explanation

I'm not entirely sure about other variables that might come into play here and there might be some capacity that's lost but with these voltages and that capacity I'm certain I've got plenty of juice to charge my phone, Solo, and Glyph batteries multiple times.

Having these 18650s to bring along on a festival or camping trip would save me the trouble of running around looking for a power socket, pair it with the Haze vaporizer which also takes 18650 and these small 18650 chargers to charge your phone on the go and you can stay away from a power source for multiple days without ever stopping to vape or browse FC :rockon:

:peace:

Last edited:

Outdoor heaven

Hi guys new member been on here many times reading before and after owning my arizer solo. No problems so far. Just wanted to ask a question about the charge I haven't watched it closely but when it gets two 7 on charging it seems to go back to solid 1 yellow. When I turn it on it says fully charged on the yellow markers?

Outdoor heaven,

Lets_Vape

Hi guys new member been on here many times reading before and after owning my arizer solo. No problems so far. Just wanted to ask a question about the charge I haven't watched it closely but when it gets two 7 on charging it seems to go back to solid 1 yellow. When I turn it on it says fully charged on the yellow markers?

Hey!

That doesn't seem like normal behavior, mine charges to 7, then I continue until the charging light stops flashing and goes solid green and then I take it off the charger.

I'd let the shop you bought it from know about the issues you're experiencing, if not for a immediate replacement just to have it on record that your unit did not work as expected within the warranty period.

Lets_Vape,

Outdoor heaven

Hey!

That doesn't seem like normal behavior, mine charges to 7, then I continue until the charging light stops flashing and goes solid green and then I take it off the charger.

I'd let the shop you bought it from know about the issues you're experiencing, if not for a immediate replacement just to have it on record that your unit did not work as expected within the warranty period.
cheers for reply. Everything seems to be working fine I bought it of eBay second hand is the m1a model me thinks iv bought a new battery from vape.CA just in case and a direct adapter. I haven't charged it a whole lot of times and not 100 all the times still battling spillfs slowly winning.

Outdoor heaven,
Reactions: CarolKing

OF

It seems my last post was liked quite a lot, but there hasn't been much discussion of a powerbank for the Solo yet has there?

But with 2600mAh that would total to 15600mAh which with a 2200mAh capacity of the Solo should be able to run the Solo for 15600/2200=7.09 charge cycles.

I'm not entirely sure about other variables that might come into play here and there might be some capacity that's lost but with these voltages and that capacity I'm certain I've got plenty of juice to charge my phone, Solo, and Glyph batteries multiple times.

Actually I've brought the matter up several times over the past few years. A series of home made units that started with powering my Purple Days in the garden. Since it's mains driven, the only other option is a long extension cord......

Here you can see the latest version in front of my 'Solo Road Case':
ChB3ycM.jpg

As you can see it has three 18650s in series and the right connector to mate up with the extension cable that fits the Solo. This, along with the charger, PA (my units can take advantage of this feature being older), stem, stash, Solo and so on go in the camera case with it (it goes in a side pocket). I suggest this scheme (three in series 'barefoot') to the much larger one you suggest (3 times bigger?). Extra capacity is limited of course by how many battery sets you're willing to buy, charge and carry.

You should check your math before making plans. Yes, Solo uses 2200 mAh batteries (actually properly called "cells", two or more of which make a battery.......) but it has two in series. It needs something around 2200 mAh at 12 Volts to recharge. You really only have a maximum of 5200 mAh, of which you can get to maybe 80 or 85%? Think about it, if you put those 6 cells, two at a time, into the Solo that would be 3 pairs, right? 3 'recharges', not "7.09". And, due to the fact that you can't use them at 7.2 Volts, but are forced to use them at 12 Volts through the charger (the extra 'battery power' going to heat during recharge) you really can only get two full recharges. Them's the rules.

Your phone will have about the same 'conversion efficiency', but the NiMH in the MFLB case will be somewhat worse. Useful, but not as much as you're thinking I think?

While I'm not sure what to think about the OP's charging issue (I'm not sure it's a real issue since the battery comes up fully charged?), you might want to rethink that charge procedure some. Many times I've suggested here considering disconnecting when the 7 light lights but before the flashing stops. Doing so will double or more your battery life. Consider the information around chart 4:
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

I'm currently having some friends test my latest kluge to do this automatically. It seems to be working quite well, it looks like this:
vMEGl5W.jpg

The Solo charger plugs in upper left and the output (to the Solo) connects to the blue terminal block next to it. The 'start' button is lower right. When charging is cut off (at a level set by the screw above the switch) it beeps at you by the beeper under the washing cover to the left of the switch. Since it cuts off the much slower (and less efficient) part of the charge curve to the user it charges much faster (1/3 to 1/2 less time) and has very little if any useful 'sessions per charge'. And the battery lasts 2 or 3 times longer. You can get the same benefits manually but you have to watch it and guess a bit (since you really want to go 'a while' with the light still flashing for optimum results I think).

BTW when you get to the 'need the funny cable to mate up with the Solo' part you might want to contact Pipes, I think has some left over from his PA project. The connector, 1.7X4mm (AKA EIAJ-02) can also be bought from a few places (I order mine from Digikey) if you're game for making your own.

Fun idea, but not as popular as you might think?

Best wishes in your endeavors.

OF

Lets_Vape

Hey @OF

Thanks for taking the time to write that detailed reply, I knew I must've been missing out something in the maths with the voltage and capacity there, it did sound too good to be true, thanks for correcting me on that!

I shall do some reading up on the voltages and capacities and properly calculate it first next time.
I am however still getting this battery pack as it will definitely come in useful, I'll do some proper tests with it an see how useful it proves to be.
Thanks for the suggestion with the 3 cells in series and the information on the charge curves, I should spend some time to wrap my head around how it works exactly and come up with a more well-educated solution

OF

Thanks for the suggestion with the 3 cells in series and the information on the charge curves, I should spend some time to wrap my head around how it works exactly and come up with a more well-educated solution

You're welcome.

Sounds like a good plan to me, I agree, research is good. No sense repeating others' mistakes. And informed choices are much better than that other kind.

A good way to look at such things is from and efficiency POV. In broad terms multiple conversions (in this case from battery pack to 12 Volts, 12 Volts to charger current, charger current to battery charging efficiency and so on). Each step costs power. In the end something like half the battery pack power ends up making it to the load. Consider that just the charger part 'robs' over a third the power passing through (12 Volts is reduced to 8), something we really have no control over (unless you're willing to swap out Solo packs.....).

The net result being 3 cells in my pack will fully charge only 2 inside Solo.

The PA (for those that will do it) is not really as big a help in battery life, since it too suffers voltage loss in use.

Fun stuff. Good luck with it.

OF

fernand

@OF, on the subject of CBD, it's not clear yet if CBD is like a classical "competitive antagonist", i.e. it binds strongly to the same CB1 receptor as THC but being much less active, with a weak psychoactive effect by itself, the net result is that it can bock or reverse some THC actions. That's how nallorphan reverses an opiate OD. Or it could be a different dynamic altogether. We don't yet have a good understanding of the interaction of the hundreds of compounds in the plant with the built-in endocannabinoid system that's naturally present in all of us.

Several BigPharmas recently synthesized some strong CB1 antagonists like Rimonabant in the hope of creating an appetite suppressant. It looked promising, patients were losing weight, but reports of devastating depression starting coming in. And then suddenly the FDA sent out "STOP NOW" warnings, I think they had a suicide or two, and all the Rimonabant (and derivatives) trials were dropped. Looks like the natural THC-like compounds in our brains mediate feeling of pleasure. So it seems they (doh!) created a "happiness antagonist". Oops.

A high CBD strain does work IMHO to reverse a Sativa confused excess THC state, matter of dose? Timing? It's mercifully worked for me well enough after the fact. Has anyone tried reversing an Indica stone couch lock with a high CBD variety?

But blending strains, as opposed to genetically crossing them, IMHO gets too complicated at this point, it's very hard to predict the net effect. Even the order in which strains are vaped, as you say, makes a difference. But to return to the Solo, it offers a truly flexible vape, good temp control, short no-loss glass path. You have the ability to inhale some fractions and discard others - can't ask for more. Well, granted, the taste is sweeter on a FireFly ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
As those of you who frequented the thread this evening know, I had to do a little clean up.....

Please do not respond to people who come on to troll or flame. It feeds the beast and makes more for us to clean up. Hit the report button. Thank you to those of you who did. :tup:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@OF, on the subject of CBD, it's not clear yet if CBD is like a classical "competitive antagonist", i.e. it binds strongly to the same CB1 receptor as THC but being much less active, with a weak psychoactive effect by itself, the net result is that it can bock or reverse some THC actions. That's how nallorphan reverses an opiate OD. Or it could be a different dynamic altogether. We don't yet have a good understanding of the interaction of the hundreds of compounds in the plant with the built-in endocannabinoid system that's naturally present in all of us.

Several BigPharmas recently synthesized some strong CB1 antagonists like Rimonabant in the hope of creating an appetite suppressant. It looked promising, patients were losing weight, but reports of devastating depression starting coming in. And then suddenly the FDA sent out "STOP NOW" warnings, I think they had a suicide or two, and all the Rimonabant (and derivatives) trials were dropped. Looks like the natural THC-like compounds in our brains mediate feeling of pleasure. So it seems they (doh!) created a "happiness antagonist". Oops.

A high CBD strain does work IMHO to reverse a Sativa confused excess THC state, matter of dose? Timing? It's mercifully worked for me well enough after the fact. Has anyone tried reversing an Indica stone couch lock with a high CBD variety?

But blending strains, as opposed to genetically crossing them, IMHO gets too complicated at this point, it's very hard to predict the net effect. Even the order in which strains are vaped, as you say, makes a difference. But to return to the Solo, it offers a truly flexible vape, good temp control, short no-loss glass path. You have the ability to inhale some fractions and discard others - can't ask for more. Well, granted, the taste is sweeter on a FireFly ;-)
@fernand you are full of yourself?
You better have a 1/2 pound of choice cola flowers or your full of yourself!
Maybe your a rich guy showing off?
I love my SOLO.
You love your firefly.
This is not the right tread for you.
The SOLO is for non EGO types!
The firefly tread is more fit for your liking!
I'm a medical user and the SOLO is the best medical cannabis device known to the movement!

Legalize it!

Not about EGO!
Put your EGO in your pocket!

Last edited:

fernand

@ataxian. Maybe you're right - if praising the device and only saying the flavor is a little better on another is bad, sorry - I don't belong.

As to what you see as ego, sorry, we don't all express things the same way. I certainly didn't mean to offend you. I WAS wondering if anyone else was interested in the medical issues, namely what does what, but that's OK, if I don't fit, I don't fit, no offense. OK. Ciao.

fernand,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom