• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

spoutti

At first, I prefered the pvhes. Went that way for about 9 months. With the 2014 solos, I tried stock stems and retried my stock stem on my may2013 solos. Im a stock stem guy now. The hits seems more concentrated this way. And the stock stems are easier to replace when :doh: happens

OF

Hamsta' Style

I think we really need a tee shirt........ Something low key, maybe an inverted Solo and stem in silhouette with text like "I do the Hamster, do you?"........

That and a secret hand sign could be just the ticket to making the right kind of friends in a strange town?

At first, I prefered the pvhes. Im a stock stem guy now. The hits seems more concentrated this way. And the stock stems are easier to replace when :doh: happens

I think this is a very common experience, perhaps even the more common one? PVHES has it's place, of course, but the compromise you have to deal with is less dense vapor for most. Once a fellow's attention turns to enjoying the taste and experience the factory stem seems a better approach.

And the much lower cost (and easy availability) makes life better for those keen on breaking glass....... You know, all those Ataxian wannabes? They got rights too right?

OF

exit

I made hot cocoa with my stems tonight, hit pretty hard but was nasty so I think I'll just clean them from now on.

Got a little gunk around the 4 hole screen areas I can't get out so I think I will try this crazy PBC stuff you guys love and get those stems actually clean again.

@Quetzalcoatl I'm confused, you just make a dome out of flat screens? But why not leave it inside the solo itself rather than place it on a packed stem unless I am misunderstanding. I might do this when my @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd stems arrive

Last edited:

spoutti

I go for reclaim with iso now. I liked the hot cocoa stems effects, and taste was "ok"; I put a lot of chocolate chips in it. But its a one shot deal.. Iso reclaim gives you more "sessions" back. This factors a lot for me.

About the hamster style shirt.

20th Century kungfu; hamster style. With a hamster sipping on a solo

Or, state 2 kungfu styles along hamster style with respective imaging for each.

Or, any "style" comparaison with hamster style.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I made hot cocoa with my stems tonight, hit pretty hard but was nasty so I think I'll just clean them from now on.

Got a little gunk around the 4 hole screen areas I can't get out so I think I will try this crazy PBC stuff you guys love and get those stems actually clean again.

@Quetzalcoatl I'm confused, you just make a dome out of flat screens? But why not leave it inside the solo itself rather than place it on a packed stem unless I am misunderstanding. I might do this when my @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd stems arrive
I make it flat. Then put flower in, then the flat dome screen tophat thing goes on top and presses down on the flower a little. It also lifts the flower away from the heater a little bit, while not making the bowl-end of the stem any longer. Keeps flower out of the heater 100%!

biohacker

Same here, taste was more tolerable with coffee....somewhat decent effects, but like you I just clean them now. I'm the kinda dude that tosses ABV and reclaim, but then again I have great access to meds.

So with all the talk of chipped/broken bottoms on our Solos im looking into having them laser cut out of aluminum.That should take care of the problem.Just waiting to hear back on price.If you have interest in this please pm me and let me know.(if it all works out I will go through the proper channels and make them available)

That's awesome, but Arizer should take responsibility and improve that part. I mean, it's been reported that cracking/breaking is happening even after an extremely short amount of time when the unit was babied.

I too prefer stock stems...sooo hoping PV get some stock of REGULAR non-PVHES gong's at somepoint.

ou812?

Ah, i had no prior knowledge of it at all, nor any idea there was already discussion of it here. A quick look at the MSDS made it look unnecessarily corrosive for glass use. I pretty much just went straight there looking for ingredients used and thought you guys were using some kind of crazy metal eating detergent in your glass.

Anyway, the Solo is a cool vaporizer. I'm actually finding I don't like or use my PVHES almost at all anymore? I still use my PVHE gong but I just get way better results with my stock stems.

I still need to clean my stems badly!

Citrus cleaner or Simple Green will clean the nastiest of rigs and with out a lot of fuss. just a small amount straight up and swirl it around, rinse out with HOT tap water,(I bumped up the temp on my hot water heater a few degrees) and its done,I wear rubber gloves for extra grip. Soaking them in a 5 gallon bucket with either one of those cleaners if you have multiple pieces works too.I have never found it challenging to get all of my rigs cleaned, especially those w/ matrix type of percs where there is a bit more smaller voids to collect oil/resin. To each his/her own, the reason I chose the 2 cleaners is that they are excellent cleaners for removal of oily, greasy type of grunge and also the most cost effective in my case, read: a little goes a long way. Both can be had in Home Depot ,Lowe's,Ace hardware, most home improvement stores. If using NACE or cranberry extract keeps a decent amount of the boogers at bay,even those that dab..........YMMV

edit:also I run distilled water in all of my rigs,for 68 cents a gallon,its a no brainer if your in an area of very hard water, rinse with it also,.........SO FRESH AND SO CLEAN,:luv:

OF

Citrus cleaner or Simple Green will clean the nastiest of rigs and with out a lot of fuss

To each his/her own, the reason I chose the 2 cleaners is that they are excellent cleaners for removal of oily, greasy type of grunge and also the most cost effective in my case, read: a little goes a long way.

Good cleaners for sure (I assume so with the Citrus Cleaner, I've used SG for years).

Then I tried PBW. I don't mess with SG any longer. PBW includes 'oxygenators' (like is done in 'Oxyclean') specifically to attack the preteen (as is found in brew kettles and beer kegs as well), IMO a useful improvement worth trying. At one point I 'did the math' on the per use cost, PWB had it by a wide margin (no doubt reflecting the lower cost to produce, package and ship the much smaller volume? My one pound stash:
http://www.amazon.com/PBW-Five-Star...6890758&sr=8-1&keywords=powdered+brewery+wash
is still going strong a year later, including giving jars (an ounce or two each) to half a dozen or so friends. It too 'goes a long way'.

Give it a try some time, I think you'll be impressed. BTW it does a great job on the 'haze' that builds up in the dishwasher, due to the agents put in to deal with 'the hardest water likely'. A level teaspoon has given it's all there from time to time as well. It also made short work of the tree sap that dripped onto the patio due to a bug attack above. Sticky mess, at least until it met it's match.

BTW use the hottest water you can to wash (higher chemical activity), let is soak for a while, then rinse and check. For the tree sap, I just sprinkled some on the damp goo and hosed it off 20 or so minutes later. Didn't have to scrub any as I though I'd have to.

Try it, if you don't like it, it can be my fault. Cut me from your Christmas Card list for the entire year?

OF

ou812?

Good cleaners for sure (I assume so with the Citrus Cleaner, I've used SG for years).

Then I tried PBW. I don't mess with SG any longer. PBW includes 'oxygenators' (like is done in 'Oxyclean') specifically to attack the preteen (as is found in brew kettles and beer kegs as well), IMO a useful improvement worth trying. At one point I 'did the math' on the per use cost, PWB had it by a wide margin (no doubt reflecting the lower cost to produce, package and ship the much smaller volume? My one pound stash:
http://www.amazon.com/PBW-Five-Star--1-lb/dp/B0064O7XBA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406890758&sr=8-1&keywords=powdered brewery wash
is still going strong a year later, including giving jars (an ounce or two each) to half a dozen or so friends. It too 'goes a long way'.

Give it a try some time, I think you'll be impressed. BTW it does a great job on the 'haze' that builds up in the dishwasher, due to the agents put in to deal with 'the hardest water likely'. A level teaspoon has given it's all there from time to time as well. It also made short work of the tree sap that dripped onto the patio due to a bug attack above. Sticky mess, at least until it met it's match.

BTW use the hottest water you can to wash (higher chemical activity), let is soak for a while, then rinse and check. For the tree sap, I just sprinkled some on the damp goo and hosed it off 20 or so minutes later. Didn't have to scrub any as I though I'd have to.

Try it, if you don't like it, it can be my fault. Cut me from your Christmas Card list for the entire year?

OF
hmmm yur a level headed person and I know your chock full of COMMON SENSE:nod: so I will grab some and wont cut you out of the will:) and I also love the fact it zapped tree sap:clap: (heavy contender over MJ by product, so you have my attention!!!) but dont know if you subscribe to the NACE or equivalent but I notice not much to remove other than a bit of haze.I sorta dump water after 24 hrs and since most rigs dont have but a shot glass or 2 of fluid, its no biggy to dump , quick rinse, fill w/ NACE and off to the bake sale. Occasionally I do the nasty and burn with my old favorite buds who will not convert to a vape and the rig will get trashed, but as I mentioned ,never had a problem to clean it real clear but if the PBW is more cost effective and does a bang up job Im in, thanks @OF

Stems.... milk boil or as of lately been sticking a piece of cotton in the stem and when its oozing I remove it and throw it in the Solo and vape that and that is IMO like a right hook to the head, knocks me down at night to send me on my way for 40 winks!!:zzz:

Any place other than e bay to get a good deal? Saw it on Amazon too.OK .thanks for the tip brother, Im gonna get me some ASAP :tup:.................:peace:

OF

hmmm yur a level headed person and I know your chock full of COMMON SENSE:nod: so I will grab some and wont cut you out of the will:) and I also love the fact it zapped tree sap:clap: (heavy contender over MJ by product, so you have my attention!!!) but dont know if you subscribe to the NACE or equivalent but I notice not much to remove other than a bit of haze.

Any place other than e bay to get a good deal? Saw it on Amazon too.OK .thanks for the tip brother, Im gonna get me some ASAP :tup:.................:peace:

I think you have me confused for two other guys, but I don't wanna piss you off and blow that will deal. I'm really counting on your Solo and stems......and the way you're living it won't be long......

I gotta admit I'd never have tried it on the tree sap, the wife did it. I'd showed her how it cleared the skum from the dishwasher. First I heard was 'I'm gonna try some of this stuff'. I turned around to see the test in progress, my sole contribution was 'not so much'...... A tiny touch up a few days later and the bugs and sticky spot were both gone.

You can get smaller packages of the stuff at home brewing stores. The ones that sell gear and supplies for making beer and wine. I used the stuff years ago in my beer making days. There are some online places you might check, but I bought my first 'matchbox' to try at the brewing supply store in the next town over.

I used to use 'Rez Block'. It did a fair job, but I found it unnecessary after PBW came to help. I think that after a few uses it got even easier to clean, I think because the glass walls get so clean (including mineral deposits) that gunk has more trouble sticking. I notice my little bubbler (on an oil vape) the wax and stuff tends to clump up and collect along the water line. A lot of it can be rinsed away by filling it part way with water and shaking. Cool. Much better than fighting it and cussing.

You got a friend with a bong so disgusting he doesn't bring it ou t in daylight? Wanna see his jaw drop? Put a pinch or two in and fill it up with hot tap water, hotter th e better, stand it on the drainboard under good light and watch the show. Tiny bubbles heare and there with junk floating up with them stuck.

I agree, the huge capacity bongs of my youth are not around. Vapists seem to do fine on much smaller pieces, which is a big plus I think. A few pennies a week?

OF

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
My base plate is chipping off on my newer model Solo, almost half way around. Eventually the whole bottom will be chipped. I didn't notice any cracking in the beginning. Then kinda forgot about checking. Then a piece broke off, then a bigger piece broke. It isn't exposing anything, I don't think. I will see how things go. I hate to send it back. It doesn't affect the use at all.

I've never used an o-ring once with this. I do have one on my older model and no chipping on that Solo.
I found the same thing: chipping started before an "O" ring was ever used.
Chipping of the base plate seems to occur whether the "O" ring is used or not.
Seems to be more of a problem within the last year though. I believe the problem is the material used; it might help if the plastic was thicker.
An aluminum plate sized for the bottom with the vent holes drilled would probably be the "best" solution.

Lizard King

Following on from my earlier post (#28620, page 1145)....

So, after the soft reset didn't work, I thought I'd try a hard reset. I opened up my Solo, unattached the battery and then reattached it. But, as before, the unit wouldn't turn on at all. I plugged the charger in, and immediately got the same looping sequence as before:

1. idle light flashes blue once
2. 7 flashes yellow once and unit beeps once (at the same time)
3. charge light flashes red once and idle light flashes blue once (at the same time)

I removed the battery from the Solo again, then plugged in the charger, and got the same sequence as above.

During this sequence, if I push either button, or both buttons together, the lights stop flashing and there's a long, continuous beep for as long as I hold them. When I release them, the sequence starts up again. This happens with or without the battery in, and obviously, only when I use the charger. Without the charger (or my PA), my unit is totally dead.

I've put my Solo back together without the battery, as I don't see any point in keeping it in there. My Solo, minus it's battery, works perfectly with the stock PA I have. And it's super light!

I contacted Arizer (who confirmed the soft reset feature @exit) and told them of my issue. They said that they would fix my 14-month old Solo for 'free' under warranty if.......I send my unit to them and pay $55 for express return shipping (international). I guess that's their way of charging me for a new battery.

I've decided not to go ahead with it at the moment. I mainly use my Solo at home anyway, so having to use the PA is no big deal. If I really want to use a Solo for a special outdoor occasion, I can borrow a friend's. I would rather put the $65-70 (shipping + return shipping) towards something else. Even if I just order a battery and change it myself, I think it's still around $50 + shipping.

ps. removing the screws from the base plate and then putting them back in resulted in a small piece of corner chipping off and two new cracks appearing (one short, one long), even though I was pretty gentle and didn't over-tighten the screws.

Last edited:

Lizard King

For that money you could wait for centizen to start making batteries again. :)

Do you know how much centizen charged for a battery? Is it this one maybe? http://vapepower.ca/product/arizer-solo-hc-battery/

It's $48 (+$14 shipping), which is a little cheaper than it would cost me from Arizer. According to the site, it also provides up to 50% more capacity than the stock Arizer battery.

*edit: I just got excited when I saw stock Solo batteries advertised on PIU for $27.99, but once selected, the prices goes up to $45.99, and they are out of stock.

Last edited:
Lizard King,

uhranium

fking pricks. So, while my solo was projected to arrive me on July, 30th it actually was at the adress but then got take away and being held by customs, which is a 2,5 hour ride for me. For which I have no time because I'm on vacation with my kids. Great shit. I guess they'll just send it back to canada for a super 50$ postage again.

If that doesn't kick the bucket, today I got an electricity bill over 7000$. Yeah. And I live of 1k a month...

Also my battery pack which i ordered 10 days ago still hans't arrived...

uhranium,

Vape Dr.

I just posted this on the pinnacle thread, but I used my SOLO as a reference, so it only seems appropriate I post it here.
My universal (vape out of any bong) stem. I apologize if this has been posted already, but by the time I read 1155 pages I'm sure it will be!:D
I use a hot box whip, a MFLB stem and a few silicone O-rings to be able to vape out of any bong no matter what the ID of the slide.

Here is my SOLO to any bong adapter.

And for any of you pinnacle owners, Standard Pong.

OF

I found the same thing: chipping started before an "O" ring was ever used.
Chipping of the base plate seems to occur whether the "O" ring is used or not.

I think I agree here. I did get a crack on a brand new unit. But I'm also sure that getting ham fisted with the screwdriver or too thick a ring can break them too, I've got plenty of experience there.

Cold as it sounds, I'm glad in a twisted way. Lots of folks saying 'I never used the o-ring and still got cracks makes me feel better about suggesting the ring thing to start with. I sure don't want to cause problems with other folk's units.

I share the feeling that it was less common a while back, but sure don't see any changes in the plate.

I've put my Solo back together without the battery, as I don't see any point in keeping it in there. My Solo, minus it's battery, works perfectly with the stock PA I have. And it's super light!

I've decided not to go ahead with it at the moment. I mainly use my Solo at home anyway, so having to use the PA is no big deal. If I really want to use a Solo for a special outdoor occasion, I can borrow a friend's. I would rather put the $65-70 (shipping + return shipping) towards something else. Even if I just order a battery and change it myself, I think it's still around $50 + shipping.

Bummer, batteries wear out, but 14 months seems quick. Did it see a lot of use? How often did it get charged?

Good call, IMO on the 'fall back to PA only' solution. It will keep you going for now. Can you deal with soldering (or know someone who can)? If so another, cheap, option was suggested by another member:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-4V-2200mA...ry-/190875389263?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1120

Note the connector is 'wrong' and the leads too long. But it fits and works. You'll need to cut the connector off the old battery and splice it to the leads on the new (matching colors and working on only one wire at a time, insulating as you go). I've got one of these I'm testing now. I can't guarantee how long it will go (although I've got no reason to doubt it yet) but it's performance is on par with the factory battery. I get the same 8 or so 'open top, step 7' sessions with each.

At under ten bucks shipped it'll get you back on the air again if you can solder?

Good luck.

OF

Hot Potatoe

Master
I just posted this on the pinnacle thread, but I used my SOLO as a reference, so it only seems appropriate I post it here.
My universal (vape out of any bong) stem. I apologize if this has been posted already, but by the time I read 1155 pages I'm sure it will be!:D
I use a hot box whip, a MFLB stem and a few silicone O-rings to be able to vape out of any bong no matter what the ID of the slide.

Pack of camels in the background? i just ordered the solo, suppose to come in the mail tomorrow and i cant wait!!

Hot Potatoe,
Reactions: crisallin

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have a 3 inch Blackwood Wong from Ed. It makes a wonderful mouthpiece. You can see it has an inlay of turquoise. I highly recommend Ed. He does a great job working with the wood as you can see. I've posted this pic before.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Find general vaporizing discussions then find vapor related equipment. Ed's TnT wooden mouthpieces. Order directly from Ed. You can even get one of a kind wooden heirloom wood blanks from FCer Snappo. He's in the same section where you find Ed.
Ed's Wooden Solo Stems
Ed's Wooden MFLB Stems
Ed's Wooden Ascent Stems
Ed's Wooden Enano Stems
For Wooden Pipes, Dugouts, and much more check out edstnt.com
If your interested in something a little more custom, pls inquire ed@edstnt.com
or call 1-877-564-5058

FC Forum Provider for: Exotic Wood Blanks for Heirloom Quality Custom Log Vapes & Vapor Stems

Last edited:
Top Bottom