• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

Spaceboy

left a message with vapefiend. the two problems are, due to having separated from my wife this week, i don't have access to my receipt. also threw away my packaging so i've no idea how i'll be able to send it back, should vapefiend allow it. any tips?

had to combust yesterday, the first time in more that two weeks. feel groggy today and my herbs are dwindling much faster (can't replace until i go back to the town i'm actually from, unless anyone here is in Deal, Kent? ;))

thinking of getting a minivap, or perhaps a pax / mflb, when i speak to vapefiend (he's closed today.) need something soon... or maybe just a second solo as i'm likely to be moving about a bit until i can find myself somewhere new to live...

missing my solo!

Gray Area

Wouldn't have thought the receipt will be a problem. If you know the dates/card details you paid on etc... I've never needed anything like that tbh.
You not have the old email order confirmations etc..?

Packaging I'd just bubble wrap it and stick it in a t-bag box or something ;)He'll only want the unit and charger back (no mouthpieces).

Good luck, I'm sure he'll see you right, have done a couple of warranty returns with other items without any issue.

I have a lotus as a back-up. Nice vape. VF sells them too...

Lizard King

left a message with vapefiend. the two problems are, due to having separated from my wife this week, i don't have access to my receipt. also threw away my packaging so i've no idea how i'll be able to send it back, should vapefiend allow it. any tips?

had to combust yesterday, the first time in more that two weeks. feel groggy today and my herbs are dwindling much faster (can't replace until i go back to the town i'm actually from, unless anyone here is in Deal, Kent? ;))

thinking of getting a minivap, or perhaps a pax / mflb, when i speak to vapefiend (he's closed today.) need something soon... or maybe just a second solo as i'm likely to be moving about a bit until i can find myself somewhere new to live...

missing my solo!

A break-up is sad for all of those involved, but hopefully you can patch things up with your Solo.

poonman

missing my solo!

The serial # on the bottom will save your butt . Arizer knows which
unit was sent to which vendor . I'm pretty sure Vapefiend also recorded
this before their transaction with you .

Now it's just a matter of what address to send it back to ...
gl with your personal situation .

vaporlee

no need to apologize - its just that i hate to see you give up on it so quickly even though it gave up on you.

the other devices suggested are good, im not a fan of the mflb myself it being very low powered/weak hitting, but definitely consider a lotus!

but i think you should get your solo replaced anyway even if you get something else in the meantime. theres nothing wrong with having several.
I had a MFLB and 12 batteries.
Gave it away.
To destroy the flavor of CANNABIS is wrong!
I hated the LOTUS at first until I got a better torch lighter.
It works good now however the SOLO is hands down the easiest for me to use.

We're all different and some like the MFLB.
I did not care for the burnt popcorn taste or the pocket of OF batteries!

Priorities?

I totally agree with you about MFLB here after 5 months of usage.. I posted negative feedback on MFLB forum and people disagree with me..:cry: I might buy another one for give another try.Just to give generous opportunity to this little handy device.. (I really like its small size)

Anyway Solo dolo is da milky beast of the beast!!!!!:myday:

od88

I finally got a new Solo (M1Y1) and couldn't be happier with the charge while in-use feature.
There are a couple issues I'm having though.

1) I have an Ed's TNT Wooden Stem I am wanting to use but it won't fit. I remember from my first Solo it needs to be broken in and requires some force initially, but this doesn't seem like it's going to fit at all?
My GonG adapter fits nice, a little loose actually, which brings me to my next question...

2) Having an O-ring on doesn't allow the top to be fully screwed on, it can only be partially screwed on. Does anyone find this true for the newer units?

OF

2) Having an O-ring on doesn't allow the top to be fully screwed on, it can only be partially screwed on. Does anyone find this true for the newer units?

Yes, it's been discussed a lot. It's not confined to new units, thicker caps were causing such problems a year or so ago? Long before the new version.

You can't bung a ring in willy nilly and expect good results. They have to be fitted carefully so the cap just barely contacts them (I'd say 1/4 turn, max.), just enough to stop rotation (not compress the ring at all). Any more puts strain on the tabs on the bottom, and will most likely crack them in short order.

IMO you need to educate yourself and understand what you're doing, otherwise it's best to leave the ring out.

OF

vaporlee

I finally got a new Solo (M1Y1) and couldn't be happier with the charge while in-use feature.
There are a couple issues I'm having though.

1) I have an Ed's TNT Wooden Stem I am wanting to use but it won't fit. I remember from my first Solo it needs to be broken in and requires some force initially, but this doesn't seem like it's going to fit at all?
My GonG adapter fits nice, a little loose actually, which brings me to my next question...

1) If you turn solo all the way up to 7(highest heat setting) and leave it for about 5~7 mins. Than You would be able to fit Eds stem.

2) My M1T and M1Y model both has O-ring attached. If unable to screw the cap, try press the O-ring down with hammer or any pressure than try screw again.

Hope this helped.

od88

Yes, it's been discussed a lot. It's not confined to new units, thicker caps were causing such problems a year or so ago? Long before the new version.

You can't bung a ring in willy nilly and expect good results. They have to be fitted carefully so the cap just barely contacts them (I'd say 1/4 turn, max.), just enough to stop rotation (not compress the ring at all). Any more puts strain on the tabs on the bottom, and will most likely crack them in short order.

IMO you need to educate yourself and understand what you're doing, otherwise it's best to leave the ring out.

OF

Thanks, I had tried different levels of tightness but can't seem to find the sweet spot. Looking more towards the side of leaving them out.

1) If you turn solo all the way up to 7(highest heat setting) and leave it for about 5~7 mins. Than You would be able to fit Eds stem.

2) My M1T and M1Y model both has O-ring attached. If unable to screw the cap, try press the O-ring down with hammer or any pressure than try screw again.

Hope this helped.

It did help! It seemed way too big to ever fit, but after awhile on level 7 it became a snug fit. Didn't want to force it without knowing for sure, thanks for your input.

If i have an O-ring in my solo i cannot use Ed's stem it won't fit. I for one no longer use a o-ring.

Much appreciated, I'm finding that to be the best option for me too.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Welcome Murk, Thats what drew me to this website too. A very nice group of people from everywhere imaginable on the planet. We are a vaporizing support system.

I haven't been using an o-ring with my new Solo. I didn't think I needed one. Enjoying some God's Gift this morning. Trying to chase away the anxiety and it's starting to work.

OF

Thanks, I had tried different levels of tightness but can't seem to find the sweet spot. Looking more towards the side of leaving them out.

Much appreciated, I'm finding that to be the best option for me too.

Good call, IMO. You should have a specific reason for modifying this (or any other?) vape, and a solid plan for doing so. "I (think) I read on on the web" is not a good substitute IMO.

Bottom line is Solo is a great vape as designed, made and shipped. I suggest anyone should explore it that way (as designed) before racing off to change it?

Best wishes,

OF

biohacker

If i have an O-ring in my solo i cannot use Ed's stem it won't fit. I for one no longer use a o-ring.

I don't use one with my Epic Vape gong's either....they won't fit, so I pop the o-ring out and just use the o-ring with Arizer stock loose stems. I have settled on the thicker o-ring from PV and just don't screw the top all the way down. No cracking bottom plate (so far).

OF

I have settled on the thicker o-ring from PV and just don't screw the top all the way down. No cracking bottom plate (so far).

That's exactly what I ended up doing with my 'beater' Solo (the $65 returns Randy had). After two tries sanding the ring I have down I gave up and taped the cap about half a turn from home. It works fine and I really don't mind the tape, at least for now.

Another member had a brilliant modification on the 'stick it down to a big piece of tape and sand away the other side. Two actually, one he used his Dremel to work on it one bit at a time. The other tip is using a metal or even plastic plate (think credit card) to hold half the ring down on the tape while you carve on the other. For now, my last attempt at sanding an a bit of Micropore tape and I'm on to other things.....like this auto charger shut off idea......

I was just playing with the last sensor, I think it's time to cobble up the whole deal and do some testing. The idea is to watch (with a photo transistor) for the 7th LED to come on, then wait a fixed (but changeable) time and shut down. During the top up part of the recharge, ending early, in an attempt to get much longer service life from Mister Battery.

Could take some considerable fishing to tune the best time, it's a guess from there to the actual recharge voltage (which we can't read from the outside). Lots of charge cycles to find the optimum. Each of 6 or 8 sessions. Gonna need more stash, and a lot of time, but someone's gotta do it..... Science must march on you know.

OF

samantabha

climbing the mountain of the mind
Company Rep
So I am finally getting the hang of how to best use this new device. Many thanks again to all of your for your kind advice! It was very helpful. What I'm really impressed by is how smooth the inhale is and how much I can get out of just a small amount of herb. I guess that's the point of vape!
I have many reasons to esteem the solo. I think it was @CarolKing who wished me many fine days with my "new friend". After a few uses, I remembered this and smiled. It is my friend. It's my best bud (!). It's right there when I want it and it makes me feel good. I get by with a little help from my friends....

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
So I am finally getting the hang of how to best use this new device. Many thanks again to all of your for your kind advice! It was very helpful. What I'm really impressed by is how smooth the inhale is and how much I can get out of just a small amount of herb. I guess that's the point of vape!
I have many reasons to esteem the solo. I think it was @CarolKing who wished me many fine days with my "new friend". After a few uses, I remembered this and smiled. It is my friend. It's my best bud (!). It's right there when I want it and it makes me feel good. I get by with a little help from my friends....
But wait, there's more :myday:

I'm vaping some sweet bubble hash right now with my Solo and my sidecar bubbler. Let's not lie to ourselves here, I'm not doing 1-hit extractions... hell, I'm not even doing , 3, 5, 10 hit extractions! Just a lot of continuous delicious flavorful vapor :drool: So silky, yet so strong :argh:

And I'm not even using that much either.

samantabha

climbing the mountain of the mind
Company Rep
But wait, there's more :myday:

I'm vaping some sweet bubble hash right now with my Solo and my sidecar bubbler. Let's not lie to ourselves here, I'm not doing 1-hit extractions... hell, I'm not even doing , 3, 5, 10 hit extractions! Just a lot of continuous delicious flavorful vapor :drool: So silky, yet so strong :argh:

And I'm not even using that much either.
Silky and strong....those are even better descriptors.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Good evening, Im enjoying my Solo with some Snoops Dream and some stuff that I bought at mmj disp it's called AdaK Caviar. Its Sativa rolled in RSO and kief. I make a Snoops Dream sandwich out of it. Just as good as wax that I've used.

I know some of you have been feeling little under the weather lately. I hope you're feeling better.:)

OF

3 here also. :tup:
What? Only 3?

I had two (a guy needs a backup, and I needed a loaner so I got a second one). Besides, I told myself, I often had one torn apart for some fool experiment or another. Two made sense. Then all this 'exciting new model' stuff came up so I caved in finally and bought one of those to check out.

Then Randy came up with the $65 returned ones....... So, you see, it's Randy's fault......

OF

ou812?

been experimenting with new one, Flow is better,I havent been using it with the option of charge/use set up. I just charge it and use it on battery, the new one will be travel outside the home unit.. I thought also that a PVHES stem (18mm) would over whelm the heater but it wasnt the case.I put it on 7 and packed a bowl good (.22) sand texture grind, Milked up this giant effortlessly !! Took 3 huge milk hits (can is 65mm and unit is 13" tall, by no means this isnt what most would use to vape w/Solo) and shut it off and just said to my self THANK YOU ARIZER AND FC MEMBERS, this is just so much fun and at the same time, the best meds I have ever used as to the poison of big pharma .Solo is a modern marvel IMO. it seems others also share in my opinion as sales reflect its popularity. I also think the older version is also no slouch and the only diff I see is the less restrictive air path,other wise they both KICK ASS
13-cyclone-ratchet-perc-disc-dewar-bubbler-water-pipe-f662.jpg

I've just got a f-style bubbler to go along with my GonG. Works perfectly but the GonG is now stuck to the bubbler and won't budge. Can't use it for now as I'm afraid the Solo might get wet, I don't wanna risk breaking it, any advice guys?

screaminginsilence,

hd_rider

A stuck (or "frozen" or "seized") glass joint is a common problem when working with standard ground glass joints.

Caution: the following are suggestions only and can not apply to every situation. Trying to free stuck glass joints can result in serious injury if the glass breaks in the process. Consider wearing lightweight leather gloves and wrap the glass in a heavy towel to lower the potential for serious cuts.

(1) Gently try rocking the GonG from side to side. Remember, this is an easy way to cut your thumb, especially if you are not wearing leather gloves. Some people have luck putting solvent, such as ISO, on the outside of the joint and trying to work it down into the joint as the stopper is rocked.

(2) Try soaking the joint overnight in a bath (again, using ISO Alcohol, for example). Some people swear that an overnight soak in Coca-Cola works quite well.

(3) Try using a wooden pencil to tap around the outside of the Gong. Don't use anything metal as that could crack the glass. Sometimes the tapping will break the seal.

(4) Heat the joint around the OUTSIDE of the GonG briefly with a heat gun and then try to remove the GonG with rocking. The keyword here is "briefly". What you want to do is heat the glass around the outside of the joint so that it expands without heating the glass GONG. Heating the entire joint will just result in the bubbler glass and GonG glass expanding at the same time and the seal won't break.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom