Arizer Solo

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It looks big when I see pics . 4 inches isn't too big if that's the size. I would be using it mainly with the Solo. I break things so I don't want to pay a lot, under $50 would be around my price range.

Earlier I was looking in the cheap glass section. I have broken 2 pinnacle pro WTs and a few glass stems along the way. When I buy something like a glass stem I usually buy 2 at a time.

OF

I just order do20 from dhgate. I think the description is that it's 4 1/2 inches high. Is that too big?.

By sheerest possible coincidence, your nearest Solo is also 4 1/2 inches high. Could be a sign. But it is a good way to visualize what 4 1/2 inches is compared to a Solo.......

For me it's not too tall, but it's a personal call I think. Let us know what you think?

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
When I get a bubbler for the Solo I want to find something that's not really big. I was thinking about the DO20 but it looks too big. I haven't heard anyone having any troubles with the Dhgate website as far as the safety of their credit card numbers.At first I was skeptical about the website, but knowing that nobody has had problems makes me feel at ease. I will be checking out the Cheap Bubbler thread.

I've been brave, I'm actually using the wax in between the flowers without the cotton with no mess. Somebody was talking about herb getting stuck in the larger holes so I was worried about the wax when it heated up and the oil draining into the holes. The herb absorbs the oil very well. I have the Dabbler but I like the wax sandwiched between the herb better using the Solo. Wax tastes better this way, so the flowers mask the taste of the wax.:leaf:
Once you try a D020 your hooked line and sinker!

Vape Dr.

I haven't been on this thread in a while, but here I sit vaping with my SOLO.
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but:

I use a planetvape 14mm F-bomb gong as a designated mouthpiece.
I take my whip off my box and stick it in the mouthpiece, it fits perfectly. It allows the hit to cool down VERY nicely. Like vaping a SOLO hookah!
Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I do this when I go snowboarding.
I fire the SOLO up in my breast pocket with the tubing run down my arm into my hand. I ride the ski lift breathing (vaping) into my hands just like everyone else tryin to keep warm. Get to the top, good to go.
Stealthy.

Last edited:

herbivore21

ok, so I dont know if this is a known issue, but my solo cannot milk my bubbler when connected with my brand new, clean eds stem/wong...

it is second hand, i am wondering if the battery needs replacing and cannot hold enough charge/deliver enough voltage to the heater? The second i draw, the heat will quickly sink well below the heat setting i selected and take ages to earn back up, only to repeat!

herbivore21,
Reactions: $unnyblaq

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Dr Vape, At least we know if you fall on the slopes with your Solo, it won't get damaged because it's a tank.

I hope you do as well. Have fun.

herbivore, Try a higher temp with your Solo. When I first have my Solo heated up to 4, when I take my first 4 or 5 draws or so it drops down to 3 but quickly recovers. After a min or 2 it doesn't do that. I go up to heat level 5 and sometimes top off at 6 depending on the herb and the time of day.

I notice my older model doesn't go down in temp like the newer model does when it first heats up. It must be the easier airflow do you think?

Last edited:

gibson

Gosh darn it okay so buying the solo wasn't enough to satisfy me apparently, so I'm thinking of getting into some water filtration goodness. I've looked over the cheap glass thread with all the dhgate links. What I'm wondering is the very cheapest way to get into it? As in not only the glass but how to attach the solo (whips or custom stems etc) to the bubbler. Some UK specific advice would be more than welcome!

Vape Dr.

Gosh darn it okay so buying the solo wasn't enough to satisfy me apparently, so I'm thinking of getting into some water filtration goodness. I've looked over the cheap glass thread with all the dhgate links. What I'm wondering is the very cheapest way to get into it? As in not only the glass but how to attach the solo (whips or custom stems etc) to the bubbler. Some UK specific advice would be more than welcome!

I have an easy solution for you. I posted this company up in glass 101. Use vape dr as a coupon code and get 10% off.

$37 for oil rig, $5 for 18 to 14mm adapter and a planet vape SOLO gong.
percolator:
http://dandlco.com/collections/oil-...roducts/oil-rig-bubbler-with-5-arm-percolator
Adapter:
http://dandlco.com/collections/acce...gog-adapter-bushing-18-8mm-male-14-5mm-female

gibson

I have an easy solution for you. I posted this company up in glass 101. Use vape dr as a coupon code and get 10% off.

$37 for oil rig, $5 for 18 to 14mm adapter and a planet vape SOLO gong.
percolator:
http://dandlco.com/collections/oil-...roducts/oil-rig-bubbler-with-5-arm-percolator
Adapter:
http://dandlco.com/collections/acce...gog-adapter-bushing-18-8mm-male-14-5mm-female

A great suggestion indeed! Unfortunately that site doesn't ship to the UK and the WP adapter on vapefiend is £25! Ouch

gibson,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
planet vape SOLO gong.
I take a different approach!

planet vapes is great advice for the GonG adapter. Start off with a 18mm PHVES and then a 14mm PHVES.
The SHORTIES are a waste of $ IMO.

Get a D020 from dhgate $29 including shipping.

Build from there.

ASH CATCHERS fitted with a JHOOK (SHERLOCK) you can get as you learn the way of the MAX FLIGHT SOLO-IST!
07QkcWa.jpg

Oczh7CQ.jpg

I need to order a 18mm PHVES GonG.
In the meantime I use a 14mm PHVES GonG fitted with a 18mm to 14mm reducer bushing.

lookhigh

FC member

OF

What I'm wondering is the very cheapest way to get into it? As in not only the glass but how to attach the solo (whips or custom stems etc) to the bubbler.

If you want to try glass on the cheap and have access to a WT with a GonG you can use the stock Solo stems with some rubber bands wrapped around the end to form a seal. Many of us did this while waiting for PVHESs to drift by.

If you want a full up on the cheap bubbler, a foot of 1/2 ID tube (either Silicone or even vinyl, one over the stem end) through a tight fitting hole into a half filled water bottle works fine.....as long as nobody sees you........

OF

Yoduh

Hey all. I've had the chance to spend some quality time with my solo. Its amazing! I had actually written on here a few days ago but my cell froze and well... ive been pouting about losing the post for days lol. I will rewrite what I had. Most of it was about my thoughts on being low vision and using the solo for my eventual "legal" blindness. Im going to run some more "expirements" lol tonight using my bad eye only, which is 20/400. I'll report back soon. :myday:

OF

Wow ok quick question.. how long does the solo take to charge?! I put mine on like an hour and a half ago and it says it's full

It's probably not lying to you.

However, the very first time you charge it (out of the box) only you should do an overnight charge. No matter what the light say. It generally helps a little in battery pack life but can make a big difference if one cell is weaker than the other when new (which can happen). The long charge (sometimes called forming, equalizing and other strange names) gives the weaker one a chance to get out of the hole.

By the numbers, it can take a bit over 2.5 hours but should not since that would mean you've run the pack down to the dregs. It probably came about half charged (it's not good to store them above this level.....).

It thinks it's fully charged, the total is right (although one can be weaker and the other overcharged to get that to happen), overnight (8 hours total) is recommended the first time only.

Enjoy your Solo.

Regards,

OF

Amblacalma

I was using the Solo stems with a 14/18 male to male adapter so fine before I got the PVHEGonG stems a week ago. Some pages back I had posted some photos of it ( http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-1070#post-597235 ).
Of course it's not the best way to use a glass bong or bubbler but it's veary easy to do and cheap if you don't have the rubber bands that OF say to you (many thanks for all help in other posts OF)

If you look for some cheap glass, for example my "narcotic" cost me 21€ + 6€ the adapter + 7-10€ shipping from Germany (many shops using google, if you don't find any let me know).

I hope this can help you :)

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Is planet vape and ed stems the only places to get gongs?

As far as I know, Ed's is the only place for WonGs, and I believe Planet Vape is the only place for PVHEGonG made specifically for the Solo.

macbill,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

OF

I guess I am the only one to have a custom gong made this way, but it is possible. You probably have half the parts already. Just click the link below:

I'm not sure about that, didn't some fellow post his conversion was successful and $20?

Time to fess up guys.......

OF

OF,
Top Bottom