Arizer Solo

rekrab

pliers cost money, having pliers for one stem seemed pointless to me, even if they are only 10 bucks, thats a AAA gram of the finest

rekrab,

DOOM

I need to hook up my solo to nice glass piece. Planetvape, Ed Wongs are out. I really dont like the rubber band idea. Any other suggestions? Sorry if this was asked a million times.

DOOM,
Reactions: ataxian
Hey guys,

So, recently, I feel like I've been going through my bud very quickly. Vapes, Solos in particular, are supposed to be economical, but this is absolute the opposite of that. Is there any new bug or design flaw the company has recognized. For those of you who might want to/can help, here are two concerns which may or may not have anything to do with this.

1. The stems don't fit snugly anymore. There was a tip on a video encouraging people to put extra bud on top of the bowl. Sometimes air from the sides comes out.

2. I'm not sure of the best temperature at which to vaporize now. Could vaping at the incorrect temperature and inverted the process (heating when I should have been cooling) have impacted my high?

Thanks in advance to those who'll help.

NewYorkNativist,

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
I need to hook up my solo to nice glass piece. Planetvape, Ed Wongs are out. I really dont like the rubber band idea. Any other suggestions? Sorry if this was asked a million times.

I used this before I got my gong:

tubegong.jpg

Just a piece of tubing put on the end. Worked great!!
Click on the link below for another option.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I need to hook up my solo to nice glass piece.

I use a 14 mm female Gong adaptor in an 18mm diffuser, and the standard Solo stems seem to seal nicely: Personally, I don't see the need for different, specialized stems, although I'm sure there are good reasons.

macbill,
Reactions: DOOM

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Hey guys,

So, recently, I feel like I've been going through my bud very quickly. Vapes, Solos in particular, are supposed to be economical, but this is absolute the opposite of that. Is there any new bug or design flaw the company has recognized. For those of you who might want to/can help, here are two concerns which may or may not have anything to do with this.

1. The stems don't fit snugly anymore. There was a tip on a video encouraging people to put extra bud on top of the bowl. Sometimes air from the sides comes out.

2. I'm not sure of the best temperature at which to vaporize now. Could vaping at the incorrect temperature and inverted the process (heating when I should have been cooling) have impacted my high?

Thanks in advance to those who'll help.
Did you just stop combusting recently? It takes a couple weeks for your brain to adjust. It took me at least 2 weeks, but once I was over the initial adjustment I never looked back. It's been 15 months for me since I had a joint or used my old combusting pipe.

I use probably half the herb that I used to when I smoked. The Solo is very easy on the herb compared to some vapes.

Maybe you need a few days break from the herb to get your body readjusted. Get your tolerance down.

I feel so much better these days compared to how I felt 2 years ago.

Did you just stop combusting recently? It takes a couple weeks for your brain to adjust. It took me at least 2 weeks, but once I was over the initial adjustment I never looked back. It's been 15 months for me since I had a joint or used my old combusting pipe.

I use probably half the herb that I used to when I smoked. The Solo is very easy on the herb compared to some vapes.

Maybe you need a few days break from the herb to get your body readjusted.

I feel so much better these days compared to how I felt 2 years ago.

Nope. I've stopped combusting for a while now. Maybe I have changed or I'm doing something totally wrong. I was fine and then these past few days have been disastrous, but I can't go back to combusting.

Any tips? Can anyone share his or her routine?

NewYorkNativist,
Reactions: ataxian

Dr. Soxhlet

@NewYorkNativist
This has been mentioned in this thread many times. I suggest going back 100 pages and read forward.
In my opinion the stems loosen up because that black factory ring that holds the stem "pops up" a little. The manufacturer recommends pushing it back down with your finger, but I found this works better:
filmcan.jpg

I found this technique worked very well, but needed adjusting all the time. That is an old plastic 35mm film canister. But it was easier to just use the high temperature #113 "O" ring (idea credited to member OF).
The "O" ring does the same thing, keeps that factory ring where it is suppossed to be, plus it grips the stem itself.
Link where the "O" rings are located:http://www.oringwarehouse.com/

Last edited:

LazyIdol

@slowandsteady I would also look into http://vapepower.ca/

They are made by FC's very own @CentiZen and there is a dedicated thread to them over in the Vapor-Related equipment. I personally cannot vouch for their efficiency as I have not tried them but people over in that thread have nothing but good things to say about them. They only downside is that I hear they have a bit of a wait time currently. I believe he offers both standard battery and High capacity models.

Highplanedrifter

CarolKing

I personally start out at level 3 a minute or so, I don't time myself then level 4 for a while and I then go to level 5 until the 12 min are up. Later I can go back and vape the herb for another session 12 more min. I usually vape that on level 5. The herb is a light coffee color, after that, I save the ABV for cooking. Yes ABV works in food and really can carry quite a punch.. It's hard to measure how much to use, I don't have that down yet.

It no fun to be too medicated.:ugh:

Dr. Soxhlet

I personally start out at level 3 a minute or so, I don't time myself then level 4 for a while and I then go to level 5 until the 12 min are up. Later I can go back and vape the herb for another session 12 more min. I usually vape that on level 5. The herb is a light coffee color, after that, I save the ABV for cooking. Yes ABV works in food and really can carry quite a punch.. It's hard to measure how much to use, I don't have that down yet.

It no fun to be too medicated.:ugh:

I have been having this problem where at the end of the 12 minutes, I'm inhaling something akin to smoke. It hurts the throat and causes coughing fits just like a joint or a bong hit. I feel like I'm in a fog because I'm on so many meds and I've gotten this confused. I'm going to print out any instructions I get here. I've watched a million how to videos and read entries to other sites or blogs, to no avail.

NewYorkNativist,

Dr. Soxhlet

I have been having this problem where at the end of the 12 minutes, I'm inhaling something akin to smoke. It hurts the throat and causes coughing fits just like a joint or a bong hit. I feel like I'm in a fog because I'm on so many meds and I've gotten this confused. I'm going to print out any instructions I get here. I've watched a million how to videos and read entries to other sites or blogs, to no avail.
Sounds like you should use a lower temperature or perhaps tap your stem out sooner and save that ABV for a QWET extraction. At the end of the session, most of the actives have already been vaped anyway.
Of course putting it through a water tool is always a good idea for less harshness.

CarolKing

I am wondering about the quality of herb that you're using? Make sure it's dry (not too dry) and grind it to the consistency of cornmeal, some don't grind but I like to. Some folks use little chunks of herb, each person has their own way that works for them. That's a good idea to lower the temp. Some herb take a lower heat.

There is no learning curve with this vape, it usually produces excellent flavor. I hope your unit doesn't run too hot? I wonder if your Solo needs to be returned? Good luck I hope it works out and you don't need to send it back.

Last edited:

sch15m

Hey guys, just go a solo. I want to hook it up with my pinnacle pro water tool, will the PVHEGonG 14MM Shorty Turbo work just fine?

sch15m,

OF

Has anyone bought the replacement battery pack form PuffItUp.com? The product description states that it is an OEM battery which is nice. Thoughts?

http://www.puffitup.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ArizerSoloBattery&CartID=5

Looks like an excellent idea to me if you don't go with Cintigen's unit. I've made a couple of replacement packs, it's not trivial. Normal dual protected 18650 packs don't fit (too long) and the polarity of the connector is 'backwards' from standard. The one in the photo looks like the genuine article, and if Randy says that's what it is you can take that to the bank in Denver.

Here' a couple of posts about my attempts, with some photos of what's inside:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-809#post-483015
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-821#post-487751

OF

Top Bottom