• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
My wife thinks I have an acquisition problem.
:mental:
Funny!
My wife thinks the same about me!
That's the same way I use my newer Solo, start at 5-finish at 6 or 7.
2?--3?
I never use them.

I start at 4! (mostly)
3 if the flowers that are on the dry side.
When the light reaches 2 I start drawing.

Depends on the strain however there are times I like to finish on 5 before bed. (rarely)
I use a wax pen if I need heavier vapor!

We are all different!

Last edited:

Belgianvapor

Hi people, new solo user here, I just have it for a few days, can someone give me an idea wich parts of the solo thread I should read before asking questions that have been asked multiple times before?
I'm not lazy but this thread is just way too massive to read completely.

I just want to say that this is a vaporizer that every vaporist should own !

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
Sadly, this also suffered the same restricted draw/decreasing vapor as my previous one.
So, if you find the resistance to inhaling is increasing, FWIW: My 2yo solo has always been used upside down since the tiny airholes in the steel cup got clogged with popcorn gunk after about a year of stuff falling down from the packed stem. I had to take the top off and clean out the air path down to those holes with compressed air.

More recent models have bigger holes (less resistance) so I have no idea if your problem is related but it's pretty easy to check.

as

Hi people, new solo user here, I just have it for a few days, can someone give me an idea wich parts of the solo thread I should read before asking questions that have been asked multiple times before?
I'm not lazy but this thread is just way too massive to read completely.

I just want to say that this is a vaporizer that every vaporist should own !

Start hear and read back 100 pages

OF

Well, so I'm from the electronics side, so what I see is a unit with a failed temp sensor, it heats up to the wrong level, including full on, because there is no valid feedback. And then either the oven burns out, or a transistor in the control that the CPU uses to regulate the oven overheats from being full on all the time, or an overheating component damages some other component, avalanche of stress, and in the end same result, it fails.

Anything is possible, but I strongly doubt it. The sensor is a thermistor (easy to test), IIRC the Solo checks for opens (I broke one lead off messing around and crashed my unit at one point), you can easily verify this by unplugging the smaller cable from the heater assembly.

Everything seems to disappear under a layer of white cement so we have to start with the guesses at t hast point.

I also don't recall anyone ever reporting a burned out (open) heater? No heat at all? I think here we're dealing with a system that thinks it's working fine but has some 'disconnect'......not unlike some people you no doubt know......

Bottom line is if it's broken this way I don't see any home fixes available. Perhaps I'm missing something?

OF

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Anything is possible, but I strongly doubt it. The sensor is a thermistor (easy to test), IIRC the Solo checks for opens (I broke one lead off messing around and crashed my unit at one point), you can easily verify this by unplugging the smaller cable from the heater assembly.

Everything seems to disappear under a layer of white cement so we have to start with the guesses at t hast point.

I also don't recall anyone ever reporting a burned out (open) heater? No heat at all? I think here we're dealing with a system that thinks it's working fine but has some 'disconnect'......not unlike some people you no doubt know......

Bottom line is if it's broken this way I don't see any home fixes available. Perhaps I'm missing something?

OF
My first Solo stopped working abrubtly after almost a year of daily use. Happened mid toke. In my case the smell and taste:puke: indicated a a problem with the main board. I owned a computer/video game store, that smell/taste was very familiar. What you smell may be different though, in my case the unit was dead at that point.
Funny!
My wife thinks the same about me!

LoL:dog:

I start at 4! (mostly)
3 if the flowers that are on the dry side.
When the light reaches 2 I start drawing.

Depends on the strain however there are times I like to finish on 5 before bed. (rarely)
I use a wax pen if I need heavier vapor!

We are all different!

I agree:
Solo with flowers for daytime use.
Add some Persei with oil in the evening=:zzz:

Sweet Dreams!!!!

Last edited:

LazyIdol

Has anyone tried doing this...?http://m.imgur.com/a/2t9DD
Yes I have done that, when I did it I just used whole milk and dropped 2 moderately resinous stems in and stirred for awhile. It was pretty nice, I am not a huge fan of edibles or that sort of thing though. My girlfriend and I split the resulting milk in half and each drank a cup of it. The resin sort of floated to the top and didnt integrate into the milk that well but it got me pretty medicated for a few hours. Honestly I prefer to just clean my stems with iso/PBW though.

Nu11ington

Always at 5 with my may2013. I had a march2014 and level 4 was the same as level 5 on my may2013. Random darker outer layer with the march2014. Never on my may2013. Wich lead me to this post :

You are suggesting many hypothesis to the random darker outer layer up here.

My friend just showed me how hot his march2014 gets. Cap and body quickly into the session. Only my cap gets mildly warm and the body noticebly cooler. His solo works well and all, but there is serious heat leakage/waste wich doesnt seem normal.

My new solo also gets very hot around the body with a couple 12 minute back to back sessions. Not sure if this is normal

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
My new solo also gets very hot around the body with a couple 12 minute back to back sessions. Not sure if this is normal
Back to back, 12 minute sessions.... at what level?

When I have back to back sessions at level 6-7, I can feel the batteries heat up. I think this is normal... Like when a cell phone is in an area of bad reception. It uses extra power to try to retain a signal, and it's battery heats up.

BirdFLU

Wait wait wait ... @BirdFLU did you say you packed the stem then set the solo to 2? Are you placing the stem in the Solo while it heats up? That would kind of preheat the herb and dry it out a lot. That would likely give you premature browning and the other issues you describe. The usual way its to run the Solo up to temp, then place the stem in, then wait maybe 30 seconds, then draw. Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding.

@BirdFLU

Are you packing the bowl to the brim? You should leave some space there so the flower doesnt directly contact the crucible (heater).

I usually place the stem on the solo while it heats up for maybe 30 to a minute. I did notice it gives a hotter/fuller first hit the longer I leave it on there....obviously lol

I pack the stem leaving a small gap from the very end of the stem. I don't believe it is touching the bottle of the crucible but I will surely pay more attention to this. After the first hit I do notice the outer layer (closest to the bottom of the crucible) to be much browner than what is underneath it.

I will try to take some pictures of what it looks like for me after the first hit. Maybe I missed something and I am leaving the herb in the crucible too long before the first draw. I'll do more testing and report back :tup:

BirdFLU,

OF

My first Solo stopped working abrubtly after almost a year of daily use. Happened mid toke. The smell and taste:puke: would indicate a a problem with the main board. I owned a computer/video game store, that smell/taste was very familiar.

Know it well, the "magic smoke". That is electronic parts work because of the magic smoke inside, but if the magic smoke leaks out they don't work any more.......

I think that sadly familiar smell (and it can linger a very long time inside the unit) is the epoxy package getting too hot. By more than a little bit. Not a happy thing.

OF

chris 71

can anybody help me out ? ok so i got a new battery for my solo.was carful to make sure I attached the black wire to were it was on the oridginal battery.
pushed the two buttons and nothing no beep no lite. I hooked it up to my power adapter and it worked.
so im thinking the battery must be tottaly dead so I put it on charge but its doing something I have never seen before. usually the lite flashes green and the power scales up to 7 then then green lite stays solid indicating its fully charged.
but this time it is flashing red so is this normal does it flash red wen the batt is completely dead? and then start flashing green as it climbs the scale to 7? or are my wires wrong on my batt ? im sure I put it in the right way would the solo still work with the power adpter even if the battery was backward or even without a battery all together as in the power adapter completely bypasses the battery I am sure iput the black wire were it was wth the one that came out any idea ?

chris 71,

Nu11ington

When I have back to back sessions at level 6-7, I can feel the batteries heat up. I think this is normal... Like when a cell phone is in an area of bad reception. It uses extra power to try to retain a signal, and it's battery heats up.

level 3-4 I haven't tried anything higher yet.

That's the only way to fly, in my opinion. I let it heat up in there at least a minute.

Sure, if you leave it sitting there for 10 minutes (whoops ) it'll start to get pretty toasty, but the only way I get huge hits is with a good pre-heat.

I put the stem when it reaches desired heat but I guess I'll just stick it right in there from the beginning now!

Nu11ington,
Reactions: DDave

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
can anybody help me out ? ok so i got a new battery for my solo.was carful to make sure I attached the black wire to were it was on the oridginal battery.
pushed the two buttons and nothing no beep no lite. I hooked it up to my power adapter and it worked.
so im thinking the battery must be tottaly dead so I put it on charge but its doing something I have never seen before. usually the lite flashes green and the power scales up to 7 then then green lite stays solid indicating its fully charged.
but this time it is flashing red so is this normal does it flash red wen the batt is completely dead? and then start flashing green as it climbs the scale to 7? or are my wires wrong on my batt ? im sure I put it in the right way would the solo still work with the power adpter even if the battery was backward or even without a battery all together as in the power adapter completely bypasses the battery I am sure iput the black wire were it was wth the one that came out any idea ?
If it's an older unit, the ones that COULDN'T be used and charged at the same time, then yeah the power adapter feature will work without a battery.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
level 3-4 I haven't tried anything higher yet.

Thanks for the info! Just recalled also that session characteristics such as draw speed, frequency of draws, and ambient temperature (somewhat) can impact the load on your batter as well.

The solo's oven is small and temperature can be easily impacted by hard, frequent draws. The compensation for rapid, hard draws is for the Solo to try to bring the oven back up to set temp, putting more load on the battery. More load, more heat.

I don't think anyone keeps track of the number of draws per 12 minute session, and may not be seen as valuable info, but would provide a somewhat measurable basis of comparison.

Hope this helps!
:nod:

OF

I was about to make a magic smoke joke too. Damn it.

You still can. Just wait until tomorrow. Half these guys have forgotten already I bet?

THC poisoning.

Sounds like reverse polarity to me. Remember, Solo is backwards from standard on those connectors. It seems to 'know' the difference between it being plugged in or not so it's not likely to do with the protection circuit in the battery pack. What does you volt meter tell you about the level and polarity?

The solo's oven is small and temperature can be easily impacted by hard, frequent draws. The compensation for rapid, hard draws is for the Solo to try to bring the oven back up to set temp, putting more load on the battery. More load, more heat.

This is a fun area, IMO. And easy to explore when you understand that it's either heating or not. And seconds of heating is an accurate measure of power since the heater is basically always drawing the same power when on. You can measure it with a stopwatch.

Just time the period (in seconds) it heats and the other period it coasts to the next heating period. For example, with no stem this goes from like 30% on for step 2 to 70% on for seven IIRC.

OF

Vape Dr.

So, if you find the resistance to inhaling is increasing, FWIW: My 2yo solo has always been used upside down since the tiny airholes in the steel cup got clogged with popcorn gunk after about a year of stuff falling down from the packed stem. I had to take the top off and clean out the air path down to those holes with compressed air.

More recent models have bigger holes (less resistance) so I have no idea if your problem is related but it's pretty easy to check.
just don't pack it like they did on the TV show hannible (S02E04 18:30 in) lawrecnce fishburn on tv smoking a SOLO, awesome! purple kush, lol.

spoutti

If I didnt have my may2013 and my friend told his march2014 body heats up, I would not think twice about it. We started our session together and his unit body heated a lot more than mine. Not uncomfortable, just power waisting in our opignon.

Anw, my 2 may2013 are still going strong. Never had a problem with them exept changing the batteries.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have a large chip that came off the bottom of my Solo where the little screws are. I see a crack coming out from another screw. This is my new Solo! My older model doesn't have any cracks and I've had it for 9 months.

I will keep my eye on the bottom of this one Solo, I may need to return it. Thankfully I bought it at Puffitup.

CarolKing,
Top Bottom