• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Forget the number it doesn't matter!@
Vape away!
4mlgR4F.jpg

It's big however it works!
Hiya ataxian:wave: ...need to know if your ash catcher fits the D020 directly so that it clears the sides, or is the stem bridge too short? Thanks!!!

Snappo,

James C

EDM and vapor enthusiast
Hey guys, does anyone know or have any ideas for a case for the solo? I'm looking for something small that just fits the solo and a stem (no charger).

I really like the vapecase for the solo that I have, but its pretty large and somewhat inconvenient for me to always be carrying around a big case that holds the charger and 2 stems as well as the solo. Maybe a custom pelican case? Thanks!

James C,

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Hey guys, does anyone know or have any ideas for a case for the solo? I'm looking for something small that just fits the solo and a stem (no charger).

I really like the vapecase for the solo that I have, but its pretty large and somewhat inconvenient for me to always be carrying around a big case that holds the charger and 2 stems as well as the solo. Maybe a custom pelican case? Thanks!
I think this one is nice! The Solo is 1-3/4 inch at it's widest, and the case is 2.4 inches wide, so it'll fit just fine.
http://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-5900D-SafeSpace-Portable/dp/B005K6JQXQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395983721&sr=8-1&keywords=Master Lock Safe Space model 5900D

BirdFLU

Hey just letting you know the new batch of solos are shipped with a straight stem that is a tiny bit wider than the original stems. Randy said Arizer wanted to fix the loosey goosey problem

Guess I got to order one as a back up anyway

So only the straight stem is larger? Should I use the bent stem until it loosens up and then go to the straight?

Here are my stem widths. Bent stem is the larger of the two. Model number M1a4a so might not be the new batch. Ordered it this past week.

Bent Stem:

Straight Stem:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@OF the picture @fernand posted cleared a lot up but so did your single strand description.

So if im following correctly, I need to unravel that net, then coil up my own "Puck" inside the desired gong/stem with a single long strand?

@ataxian im using/want to use these materials as a medium to hold my shatter/oil. Im sure youre already familiar with the McFinns cotton method.
I use wax pens normally.
The FINN'S I use with the NANO and SOLO work fine.
If there is something better I want to know about it. So far so good!

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker

need to enlist the help of the FC nation!!!!
can anyone help a brother out in these trying times of the GonG adapter drought on planetvape!!!!!!

Back to planet vape being out of glass. We talked about the stems from Epicvape fitting. I wonder if there GonG's would fit? I see no reason they wouldn't.....??????? Anyone????

I have read this question many times. The quotes above are from the just last few pages. So I had an eye open for an easy substitute for the PV Gong stems. What I found it a pretty simple solution and might have been said earlier but I could not find. There have been "condom tips" discussed before but I think these might be different...?
So I picked these tips up from Madvapes.

GongSub01_zps9f8d40f0.jpg

They have a couple of neat differences from most condom style tips. They are very flexible and thin towards the thicker part and gets much thicker and firmer towards to tips part. I cut the very tip off to enlarge the hole diameter for almost no air flow restriction.
The silicon provides excellent seal and doesn't get stuck as the glass on glass can at times. Have not noticed any taste from it at all. Holds the WTs on very nice and tight as in no wiggle.

GongSub07_zps0f425cdb.jpg
GongSub06_zpsf47fda62.jpg
GongSub04_zps9620a82b.jpg
GongSub08_zpsa5d48f27.jpg

GongSub05_zps275a51b5.jpg

I have added it to my Gong as well as it also has a feel to it which I like. (my repaired Gong stem in case your wondering about the mid section.)

GongSub02_zps17638e54.jpg
GongSub03_zps10708d53.jpg

And same with my Ed's custom Gong Stem.

GongSub10_zps7a36688b.jpg

The hole size after snipping it down a little is not bad at all. The tip needs to be cut down to not hit the top of the WT as well as to make the hole bigger.

GongSub09_zps6ca1e422.jpg

Anyway, not a bad idea to have a few around. Ironically, Madvapes is also sold out at the moment. But something to add to the wishlist.? :nod:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
@Pipes, yeah I've been advocating those for a minute now. I like to cut them at the "skirt" on the bottom and shim that over the end of the stems. However..... and this is a big however, I think this is the reason both of my stems cracked at the end. My bent stem did the same thing, a crack down for about a half inch, then a 90 degree spin going horizontal. I wasn't using them all the time on my bubbler so I think the weight of the solo is what cracked them. I was careful not to bump them. My little concentrate tube kept it around 75 degree angle? Dunno if that makes sense, back to vaping after a short tolerance break as I was needing more than I wanted to vape... :science:

OF

Maybe thats just random manufacturing variations? It is glass after all.
My thoughts as well.
I bought 3 strait OEMs and all 3 were different.

My thoughts as well. I think we may have an excellent vape based example of the reason for the traditional warnings about 'the statistics of small groups'? It's a bad assumption that the two stems you get with your unit do more than 'fit the window'. That is they fall within specifications for a 'not too big and not too small' diameter......there is no 'just right'. The very stuff 'Statistical Quality Control' is based on.

I believe these guys are 'blown' into a mold (graphite I think) to flare the big part out to size. Notice the big difference in surface uniformity between the end and the bulk of the tube? The top part is 'as made' (not blown out). As pointed out above, the hot glass cools (shrinks) and ends up a somewhat random size.

FWIW I notice a couple of my stems are not really very round either, that's not going to help here.

To get back to cliches for a moment, perhaps 'close enough for Jazz' is the call? If the stem fits, move on to enjoyment time?

I think this one is nice! The Solo is 1-3/4 inch at it's widest, and the case is 2.4 inches wide, so it'll fit just fine.
http://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-5900D-SafeSpace-Portable/dp/B005K6JQXQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395983721&sr=8-1&keywords=Master Lock Safe Space model 5900D

You might want to check again before ordering this interesting looking case. It seems plenty wide all right, but it's only one inch tall inside (note about 11 o'clock on the second picture). The Solo is nearly twice that big, the cover is not going to come very close to closing.......even if you push really really hard.

OF

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Sleepin in CA sent me an Omicron/Persei tip. Thanks again! Works great on my new Persei and this:

solo&otip.jpg

It fits the EQ ballon kit tip like a glove. If you own an EQ, Solo and Omicron/Persei you may have all the parts. Nice: another confiuration. I like to change it up.

OF

Sleepin in CA sent me an Omicron/Persei tip. Thanks again! Works great on my new Persei and this:

It fits the EQ ballon kit tip like a glove. If you own an EQ, Solo and Omicron/Persei you may have all the parts. Nice: another confiuration. I like to change it up.

As long as we're on the subject, it's worth pointing out another use for this nifty little product: Use a razor blade to slice off the bottom (tube) part where the stem fits. Makes a great gasket for sealing it into your 14mm GonG bubbler or similar tasks. Much neater (and easier) than the rubber band trick.

OF

fernand

I got a replacement bent stem from my easyvape ebay guy. It's about the same diameter as my straight one now, and more round. It's the "fat lip" that was out of round and too fat. I don't believe they can make them all that uniform.

After enjoying the Solo as a dabbing rig, not even minding the 400-450 max temp, and turning that one Easy Valve pad into 3 smaller ones, I wanted to measure a Titanium nail's dabbing temp. What I found is that after going red-hot over 1000 deg, it drops down and maintains around 550 for a good while, and that's the apparent average vaping temp, which seems very tame, but sure does the job. Any conflicting data?

OF

It's the "fat lip" that was out of round and too fat. I don't believe they can make them all that uniform.

What I found is that after going red-hot over 1000 deg, it drops down and maintains around 550 for a good while, and that's the apparent average vaping temp, which seems very tame, but sure does the job. Any conflicting data?

I agree with both those observations (that is they make sense to me). I think the stems are 'fire polished' on the end (just the rim heated to melting/fusing temperature and allowed to cool). This, combined with the variation in OD from the 'blow out', means they will have some (hopefully controlled) variances. To be more precise would call for expensive grinding and etching I think? I also think the system was designed to have the stems work OK when quite loose, looser than many of us like.

I also note some variations in the lip at the top, I suspect it's fire polished as well. Also, in addition to a couple of the stems being out of round I found a couple of mine had a fair bit of reverse taper (the mouth was bigger than the OD back near the partition). This was a big setback in the quest for a scheme to tighten up stems and what led me back to the ring idea and convinced me the key was the ID and material (ability to stretch and spring back the right amount) without any clamping forces.

The Ti temperature makes sense as well. Although I bet the glowing metal is more than 1000F. This is an evaporation exercise (phase change). Changing phase (from liquid to vapor in this case) takes a huge amount of energy compared to what it takes to heat the same amount liquid (or vapor) even a single degree. Like boiling a pan of water, as long as there's liquid left it never gets hotter than 212F (100C) on the inside of the pan. There may be 1000 degrees on the outside surface of the pan (against the glowing burner or directly in the gas flame) but 1/16 inch or so away through metal that conducts heat very well the temperature is nearly 1000 degrees less. There is a very large temperature drop, driven by Thermodynamics, across that thin pan metal. Same on the nail, the inside of the nail is still much hotter, but the heat from the surface has all been taken up making vapor until it drops down to the boiling point of the the liquid.

It's called 'latent heat' in some technologies. It's what makes steam burns so dangerous. The steam is not all that hot (you can eassily wave your hand through a 1000F (or hotter) torch, right?) but the heat energy (in calories or BTUs) available as the water vapor at 212F turns into water condensation (also at 212F) is HUGE compared to the energy available in the warm vapor from incidental contact since again Thermodynamics limits that in the same way the drop in temperature across the pan cross section happens, the rate heat can transfer (move) to your skin is much lower there. This heat energy is what seemed to disappear in the pan of boiling water where lots of energy went in but nothing got hotter (water, pan and vapor all stayed at 212F give or take, only the ratio of liquid to vapor shifted).

This drop (say in degrees per inch) in the pan material is a function of material and the delta (difference) in temperatures. In electricity we'd have similar rules (Ohms law in fact) with the factors being voltage for temperature, current for heat flow and resistance for the thermal conductivity of the metal. There are similar rules for magnetism involving MMF (Magna Motive Force), permeability and the flux we generally measure (as in Gauss or Teslas).

Complex stuff for sure, only fun to a twisted few of us, but that's how I understand it to work.

OF

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hiya ataxian:wave: ...need to know if your ash catcher fits the D020 directly so that it clears the sides, or is the stem bridge too short? Thanks!!!
I will try it this morning!
Good Ideal!
SGD7aNB.jpg

It will work! The Bubbler fits! (just)
Just a bit tight and a little top heavy with the SOLO.
I will do this set up with my log vaporizer thats much lighter.
The CAISEN I will add to the experience!

Last edited:
ataxian,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Accessory Maker
You might want to check again before ordering this interesting looking case. It seems plenty wide all right, but it's only one inch tall inside (note about 11 o'clock on the second picture). The Solo is nearly twice that big, the cover is not going to come very close to closing.......even if you push really really hard. OF
Regarding the case: the diagram appears to be indicating 1 inch for only the bottom interior half. The specs are given to be 2.4 inches. In all I wouldn't think that a case of this type would be marketable at merely an inch tall interior-wise. In any event it would be advisable to verify before purchase.

EDIT: See Pipe's pics below: Snug fit, which appeals to me as it won't slide around in there. It's a nice case at a great price, IMO!

Last edited:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Regarding the case: the diagram appears to be indicating 1 inch for only the bottom interior half. The specs are given to be 2.4 inches. In all I wouldn't think that a case of this type would be marketable at merely an inch tall interior-wise. In any event it would be advisable to verify before purchase.
P1060594_zpsdf043f86.jpg
P1060595_zps757b5b3b.jpg

I believe this is the same case under a different name. EDIT: It is a Master.
Tight fit, in fact wouldn't want any tighter. Just need to squeeze the lid slightly and the unit fits into the spongy surface nicely. The added case pressure makes it such that to open you need to apply a little pressure downwards because of the Solo inside pushing against the covers, binding the release button somewhat.

Not the case I'd pick personally but if security is an issue, that would be a different story.

Last edited:

fernand

How strange that so many people are waiting on those Gongs. I think I got the last one a couple weeks ago, an 18mm shorty turbo. Works well with a liquid pad.

Nu11ington

Hey guys got my Solo a couple days ago and used it Friday night at a party for the first time and it was awesome! I also wanted to chime in on the model number issue (sorry). I have a m1a4 and I have confirmed with Arizer support that this is a latest model. I've tested it and it can be used while charging. Arizer also stated that they reuse model numbers, so it is not a good indicator of the "latest" model.

Anyway I wanted to ask how much should the vapor "taste"? I'm vaping some juicyfruit and there's a really distinct taste afterwards, which just continues to get unpleasant as the bowl is vaped. I'm assuming this is normal but I really don't enjoy that taste. Also will rubber o-rings work to secure the stock straight stem? I heard to get silicone, but the home depot here doesn't stock silicone so i have the rubber ones right now. Should i bother ordering some silicone ones online or nah?

Nu11ington,
Top Bottom