Arizer Solo

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The EBay seller has only been doing business with EBay since March 2014 it says.

CarolKing,

al bundy

Vaporist
They both say Japan I say scam by the time they get your $ You'll be calling ebay to get your money back a month later.
Look how long to ship.2-4 weeks. Picture says Easyvape too.

And guess how I know? Saw an ad on ebay for a Solo 70. He had some listed as auction and some listed buy it now. New User too.
There was a 2 week wait for shipping iitem but before that could happen the guy had 3 negative reviews. Then not a registered user. I got my $ back but waited about a month. There's plenty of ebay vendors that carry Solo for 124. and up. I took chance,I thought it was typo at first. My failt
I say stay away if it looks to good to be true...

Last edited:

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
They both say Japan I say scam by the time they get your $ You'll be calling ebay to get your money back a month later.
Look how long to ship.2-4 weeks. Picture says Easyvape too.

And guess how I know? Saw an ad on ebay for a Solo 70. He had some listed as auction and some listed buy it now. New User too.
There was a 2 week wait for shipping iitem but before that could happen the guy had 3 negative reviews. Then not a registered user. I got my $ back but waited about a month. There's plenty of ebay vendors that carry Solo for 124. and up. I took chance,I thought it was typo at first. My failt
I say stay away if it looks to good to be true...

I agree!!! Undoubtedly a scam!! I recognized that photo as well. While I did order my Solo from ebay it was from myrubberneck who had an Arizer logo advertising them as authorized sellers. Cost about $135.00 with free 3 day shipping and an extra. They are still on ebay, I believe. My Solo died about a month ago and there was no problem getting it replaced on warranty. Now I have the new Solo with the better airflow...love it. :tup: A good deal is fine, but that saying about too good to be true is usually right on.

Last edited:

fernand

FWIW I got mine on e-bay for $139 fast ship included from easyvape. One of the stems was out of round. I wrote them via e-bay and Patrick replied within 24 hours and said he's sending me another. He's sold thousands it seems. It arrives so cleverly compactly packed, right off a pallet, from Reno Nevada. The biggest little city in the world, they call it.

I'll see if my friend in Tokyo can find out what Solos go for on the street, and maybe wholesale.

@ataxian COTTON. Hmmmm. With the little hummer set to 7, along with the oil I distinctly taste cotton toast. And visually it's yellowing going to browning. At 6 it's a bit of the old not hot enough. I think I'm gonna try to make a little brass wool pillow with a grabber loop so it can be pulled out easily.

So how's the Solo to a FireFly user? Oh, I want to break out into song, almost, that's how much I love my little black hummer. It's great even with small quantities of herb: vape a little flowery this, then a little diesely that, and then some fruity Kush, and where was I? It's great GONG'ed into a bubbler, it's a little powerhouse, and it just keeps going and going on a charge. The temps are wide enough, lots of choice. Low temp gives lovely fragrance and taste. Extraction/browning is always amazingly even. Very well done piece of kit, a mature 2nd generation device.

For on the fly vaping, I'm still carrying the FireFly. They both will do the job very very well. So why? Because: I can preload the bowl, snap the magnetic lid shut, and carry it like that in an eGo zippered case that's narrow, just a little longer than a pack of cigs, and can be kicked across the room. It suffers a bit from short battery time, and learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it's nice and flavorful, self-contained, effective and less visible? That's right. The well-finished black Solo is quite spartan and electronic; it looks tactical. With the LEDs and buttons, like one of those set-it-and-run thermite charges James Bond would carry. On a mahogany table a Solo stands out, it looks just a little threatening. The FireFly looks like an expensive something, maybe a lighter, a fancy flip phone. It belongs. On a glass tabletop, in a leather briefcase. Because of that it vanishes from sight easily too. Like: do you really see a Cordoba leather key case in the hand, an iPhone 5 or an expensive watch? It's easy to innocently fondle and nibble on in public, and the vapor can be made very very subtle, because you control it directly with the button and how you draw. Practical reasons.

At home I use them both, they're both really excellent.

Last edited:

natural farmer

FWIW I got mine on e-bay for $139 fast ship included from easyvape. One of the stems was out of round. I wrote them via e-bay and Patrick replied within 24 hours and said he's sending me another. He's sold thousands it seems. It arrives so cleverly compactly packed, right off a pallet, from Reno Nevada. The biggest little city in the world, they call it.

I'll see if my friend in Tokyo can find out what Solos go for on the street, and maybe wholesale.

@ataxian COTTON. Hmmmm. With the little hummer set to 7, along with the oil I distinctly taste cotton toast. And visually it's yellowing going to browning. At 6 it's a bit of the old not hot enough. I think I'm gonna try to make a little brass wool pillow with a grabber loop so it can be pulled out easily.

So how's the Solo to a FireFly user? Oh, I want to break out into song, almost, that's how much I love my little black hummer. It's great even with small quantities of herb: vape a little flowery this, then a little diesely that, and then some fruity Kush, and where was I? It's great GONG'ed into a bubbler, it's a little powerhouse, and it just keeps going and going on a charge. The temps are wide enough, lots of choice. Low temp gives lovely fragrance and taste. Extraction/browning is always amazingly even. Very well done piece of kit, a mature 2nd generation device.

For on the fly vaping, I'm still carrying the FireFly. They both will do the job very very well. So why? Because: I can preload the bowl, snap the magnetic lid shut, and carry it like that in an eGo zippered case that's narrow, just a little longer than a pack of cigs, and can be kicked across the room. It suffers a bit from short battery time, and learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it's nice and flavorful, self-contained, effective and less visible? That's right. The well-finished black Solo is quite spartan and electronic; it looks tactical. With the LEDs and buttons, like one of those set-it-and-run thermite charges James Bond would carry. On a mahogany table a Solo stands out, it looks just a little threatening. The FireFly looks like an expensive something, maybe a lighter, a fancy flip phone. It belongs. On a glass tabletop, in a leather briefcase. Because of that it vanishes from sight easily too. Like: do you really see a Cordoba leather key case in the hand, an iPhone 5 or an expensive watch? It's easy to innocently fondle and nibble on in public, and the vapor can be made very very subtle, because you control it directly with the button and how you draw. Practical reasons.

At home I use them both, they're both really excellent.

Fernand? Do you find the Solo putting you easier to sleep than the FF?

natural farmer,
Reactions: ataxian

fernand

Dude, it's 05:22 am, and I'm not asleep. Am I the right person to ask? Too late tonight. I'll try it later!

The FireFly is like fly-fishing. The Solo is more of a drag net experience. You can just dial in a high temperature and wait a moment. I'll say this much, the Solo is more conducive to a production stone. Say that loopy girl next door and her friends come over and you're tight on bud. Just crank it up to 7, and squeeze every molecule out of the half gram you put out.

No, I'm trying. I just put like 50mg of Purple Kush into the Solo set to 6. Last night the same herb on the FF wasn't sedative enough for fast sleep. Let's see how this rolls. ... I think the answer is yes.

Last edited:

Fozzie Bear

Could these be real solos being sold for dirt cheap at buy-it-now prices of $52-53 with free shipping?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arizer-Solo...353?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item258ba07799
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Arizer...065?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cde7bf3d9
both users have no credibility, but both of users who bought a couple from them.
Absolutely NO WAY are these legit sales... Free shipping from Japan? These are made in Canada. The logistics of a Japanese seller having pricing like this does not compute. The batteries alone have about $10 worth of materials (at wholesale pricing). Add in $10 seller cost to ship "economy" from Japan. Roughly $7 in ebay/paypal fees (10% to ebay, 3%-4% to paypal). That leaves you with $25-$26 to build/package everything else and still be left with enough profit to make the venture worthwhile. If they are legit they would have been imported into Japan from Canada at some point, which is more expense for the seller. Nothing about this makes sense. Red flags everywhere. Save your money.

Also, when an ebay seller's name is nonsensical, that's usually a solid indicator that there is no long-term business plan. Both sellers have zero feedback. This is a cash grab.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Tried my shorty gong PVHES from Planetvape again today with my new model Solo. It's wonderful, not very tight though, a little wobbly, but not bad. I'm using it with the Pinnacle Pro water tool. Taste is sooooo good on heat level 6. The herb lasts me the whole 12 min session. The ABV is coffee color evenly browned.:smug:

I should have waited until tonight, I'm a bit couch locked.

Last edited:

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
hello all,

been a LONG time since i posted here. when i last posted i was having an issue getting my Solo repaired under warranty. to sum it up as brief as i can......

solo was working (heats up fine, holds a charge, etc) just was having weird light issues (lights would light up 2 numbers at the same time as you raised the temp, search my posts... it's in here somewhere). PlanetVape would not accept it for warranty repair claiming it was a battery issue (which i did not believe it was) and said i had to inquire with Arizer themselves. Arizer wanted too much $$$ for me to send it to them in Canada and their U.S. service center was not taking warranty repairs at the moment. My solo was working just weird light issues so i figured i would keep it till it died.

i reached out to Arizer again and asked them about the U.S. service center and this time i was told it was open and the U.S. service center reached out to me via email (setup by Arizer) and told me to send it in. i sent it on Wednesday, they got it on Friday and by Saturday i got an email from them stating they found the issue was NOT the battery (as i suspected) and stated i would be receiving a new unit as soon as i paid the PayPal invoice they were sending me.

so this long fiasco is finally coming to a close. i will be getting a new solo (which i admit i am kinda worried about as some people have not liked the new units saying they were colder and my M107 that i sent it was a great unit besides the faulty lights) and the total cost or my shipping to them in the U.S service center and their shipping back to me will be LESS than the cost Arizer was going to charge to ship it back to me alone.

i am glad it will be done soon, and i should have my new solo early next week. unfortunately i will net be able to test it and see how i like it compared to my M107 as i just recently lost my job and i am looking for a new job. which means i am on a unwanted extended T-break since i know most employers test and i live in a non-legal state :(

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Going to the game tonight - I've got my bases loaded ready for a grand slam!!!
3146nt4.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
hello all,

been a LONG time since i posted here. when i last posted i was having an issue getting my Solo repaired under warranty. to sum it up as brief as i can......

solo was working (heats up fine, holds a charge, etc) just was having weird light issues (lights would light up 2 numbers at the same time as you raised the temp, search my posts... it's in here somewhere). PlanetVape would not accept it for warranty repair claiming it was a battery issue (which i did not believe it was) and said i had to inquire with Arizer themselves. Arizer wanted too much $$$ for me to send it to them in Canada and their U.S. service center was not taking warranty repairs at the moment. My solo was working just weird light issues so i figured i would keep it till it died.

i reached out to Arizer again and asked them about the U.S. service center and this time i was told it was open and the U.S. service center reached out to me via email (setup by Arizer) and told me to send it in. i sent it on Wednesday, they got it on Friday and by Saturday i got an email from them stating they found the issue was NOT the battery (as i suspected) and stated i would be receiving a new unit as soon as i paid the PayPal invoice they were sending me.

so this long fiasco is finally coming to a close. i will be getting a new solo (which i admit i am kinda worried about as some people have not liked the new units saying they were colder and my M107 that i sent it was a great unit besides the faulty lights) and the total cost or my shipping to them in the U.S service center and their shipping back to me will be LESS than the cost Arizer was going to charge to ship it back to me alone.

i am glad it will be done soon, and i should have my new solo early next week. unfortunately i will net be able to test it and see how i like it compared to my M107 as i just recently lost my job and i am looking for a new job. which means i am on a unwanted extended T-break since i know most employers test and i live in a non-legal state :(
My 1st SOLO's is a M107 and it's a solid device no doubt. However my 3rd & newest one (before the change) is just as solid!

ARISER gave me the run around so I fixed my 2nd device myself. Just changed the battery pack and it's fine now. It would of cost too much for postage anyway!

From what I've been told the latest model is a bit more powerful!

It's sounds to me your in the drivers seat!

Edit:

Just used the D020 Bubbler with some CACTUS COOLER Flowers with a SOLO on level 4.

I don't know what it is however the flavor was good until the end?
EASY!
OH!
"It's Sunday"!

Last edited:

fernand

Drivers seat yeah, if you don't need a job. Sucks, sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a quick placement!

@natural farmer The answer is yes, definitely, massively. I normally keep the temp like around 3, and purple kush is survivable. At 6 purple kush was a nose dive. A few hapless flaps of the flippers, a bit of penguin stagger, and that was it, I found the bedroom.

Last edited:

fernand

Can you bring your SOLO?
i would be nervous about bringing anything sniffable into Tokyo. Japan has long taken on the War as demanded by our govt. So seriously they have tons of desperate people sniffing glue. Really. Grown men in suits passing a paper bag around!!! Ah the old mitigation!

I would worry about getting the royal cavity search treatment if a dog hit on a vaporizer. About the only stuff they have is amph. and you have to be yakuza connected to get that. My friends come to Calif from Tokyo on medication vacation.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
i would be nervous about bringing anything sniffable into Tokyo. Japan has long taken on the War as demanded by our govt. So seriously they have tons of desperate people sniffing glue. Really. Grown men in suits passing a paper bag around!!! Ah the old mitigation!

I would worry about getting the royal cavity search treatment if a dog hit on a vaporizer. About the only stuff they have is amph. and you have to be yakuza connected to get that. My friends come to Calif from Tokyo on medication vacation.
When I went with my family to French Polynesia I was out for 10 days. I was afraid to attract any attention to myself outside of California!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yeah, if I'm traveling out of state I would leave everything behind, maybe some hash caps to take before crossing borders, but that's it. I can go without cannabis, and I can definitely go without jail time.

On a brighter note, I've got a cup of tea brewed up and some old books to look through :)

iF7maIr.jpg

king krish

Im having an issue with my solo unit, its a fairly new one, After about 2 minutes the unit turns itself off, then the idle light continues to flash. Any idea how to fix this?

Last edited:
king krish,

fernand

Bah, price of information. In 1968 I had German cops searching my room for some unrelated materials, and they were pondering a piece of hash with a psychedelic poster postcard in the envelope. They were focused on the postcard, how weird it was, and set the hash down on the desk. They had no idea what it was. Those were the days. Oh the funniest thing is that I was roommating with the Afghanistan minister of communications. He was pretending he didn't know what it was either. Hilarious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom