Arizer Solo II

dynospec

@OF thanks for the advice, going to take a stab at one later today possibly and see how it goes. I havent yet used any concentrates on their own in my solo2, but got some cotton balls to have on hand in case and then I thought of the pads when I was getting my new toy and thought why not. (boxing day sale at the head shop by my house 20% off on glass and 15% off on the pads) The guy at the shop had never heard of degummed hemp fiber, which surprised me.

The herb sandwich does work great, but sometimes it goes longer than I want to haha.

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Fantastic wake n vape with my Solo II just now. The air flow is definitely improved from the OG Solo but if you over pack or over tamp it will increase the draw resistance. Plus the method of sucking the herb into the bowl IMO is not the best way to pack a bowl because it sucks the smaller lighter grains into the air holes. This can cause clogging which will make for the classic (unwanted) thick milk shake draw.

My method is to grab a decent size pinch of herb with my thumb and index finger and push it into the bowl. I even lightly roll it into a ball and just sit it in the bowl. A light pinky tamp will set it in perfectly. Hope that makes sense lol pretty fucked up now as my session kicks in.

VC

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Just picked up my new Solo II at the post office. I'm waiting patiently(right!!) for it to charge to the top. I should have had it yesterday, but no one does their job properly anymore, so I got a note to pick it up instead of a delivery. They rarely actually attempt to deliver to the house.
I was impressed with the packaging and everything about how this product is being presented. It all looks so professional and well thought out. I suspect their engineers may pay attention to what is said in this forum or just happy coincidence, but just about every flaw has been addressed and many things suggested here have now been incorporated into this excellent vaporizer. It has a real manual, the glass all comes with caps and carrying tubes. There are a case and stirring tool. Got it from Puff It Up. They gave me a great deal.
I had to sell the black Solo to get the money for the Solo 2. So now I have a silver Solo and the new blue Solo II.

It's charged. After a moment of panic(the Solo 2 would not turn on). I plugged in the charger and turned on the Solo 2 and happily it fired up. Was probably just me not pressing it right. Helps to read the excellent instruction book.
I like the way it draws with a standard stem. The hard draw is gone thanks to the 4 countersunk areas around the holes in the heating chamber. Gives great air flow. An extra instruction sheet warns to heat up the Solo 2 before inserting the stem and I found this was exactly the case. Gone are the problems with the top cap(stripped threads); it can not be removed. The cracking plastic base now has been replaced with a metal one(aluminum?) The charger plugs into the back of the Solo 2 instead of the base like on the old Solos. Having a display of the temperature and battery level is nice too. It is exactly the same height but is about half as thick, but has that solid feel(love the dual battery) like the old Solo. I know this is just the beginning of a wonderful relationship.
I have read all of the Solo and EQ threads, so now I will go back and hopefully glean more gems of wisdom from the "great minds" that hang out here. Seriously the help found here has enabled an old hippie like me to transition from joints to all our wonderful vaporizing technology without dropping a ton of cash.

Last edited:

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
Just picked up my new Solo II at the post office. I'm waiting patiently(right!!) for it to charge to the top. I should have had it yesterday, but no one does their job properly anymore, so I got a note to pick it up instead of a delivery. They rarely actually attempt to deliver to the house.
I was impressed with the packaging and everything about how this product is being presented. It all looks so professional and well thought out. I suspect their engineers may pay attention to what is said in this forum or just happy coincidence, but just about every flaw has been addressed and many things suggested here have now been incorporated into this excellent vaporizer. It has a real manual, the glass all comes with caps and carrying tubes. There are a case and stirring tool. Got it from Puff It Up. They gave me a great deal.

Congrats and Enjoy!!

Some tips

You want to charge it for 6-8 hours (overcharge) before first use.

Then perform a couple burn offs at a high temp to clean/sterilize.

Your Solos battery will love you if you're patient and don't rush the process.

For further battery maintenance - don't discharge the battery to empty (20% is good) and only charge to 80-90% - and you'll lengthen the life of your unit.

JCharles

Ready the review I think it is a bit late for the extended battery charge. Sounds like Dr S has already had a run with it. Doubt it will make much difference. It's a great battery.

Sadly I got burned by a ninja edit. The entire second paragraph came after my post.

The advice was sound, and on time.

JCharles,
Reactions: OF

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Solo session for cloud chasers.

One fully loaded Solo stem (light tamp only)
Start at 205 c - once up to temp heat soak for further 45sec
Long slow draw...
Repeat 2 times allowing 15sec between draws
Up temp to 210 - long slow draw
Up temp to 215 - long slow draw
Up temp to 220 - long slow draw

Works for me :)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@BigJr48 You wouldnt have to fill the glass stem completely. Just fill half way for a smaller load.
@PlanetVape has a shorty stem for the Solo and it fits the Solo II even though it is a bit tight. This is a pic with the Solo OG. I did just try it with the Solo II. This is a past picture. I’m too lazy to take a new one. The shorty stem uses about half the amount of weed as the standard sized stem.
mmtiwdz.jpg

Last edited:

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Gotta admire a guy with a plan!

Not really my kind of thing, but you've got me curious enough I'm gonna give it a go when I get it converted to real degrees and get a chance.

Just so I'll know 'how the other side lives'.

Regards to all.

OF
I'm a high temp user. I've tried starting at 185c (365f) but I didn't find it hit the spot. Even with a heat soak.

205c = 401f
210c = 410f
215c = 419f
220c = 428f

I always vape dry. No water.

OF

I would like more of a session stem, at least double the size of the bowl.

While that would be useful to some sometimes it would need an oven 'at least double the size' to heat it. Needing more power to do so so it would eat up the battery all the faster.......even if there was a lower volume stem used. The vape would be larger too, just to hold the oven, even if the battery life suffered.

Since this is a portable power is at a premium, a more efficient solution is consecutive stems?

OF

JCharles

I'm pretty happy with the bowl size and session style of the Solo II.

Dry runs are 12 minutes
Water runs are 3-4 minutes

Here's a great sessiom through water from yesterday. It was almost 5 minutes including the heat soak and warm up time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdRSlRNjPp3/

You will need to swipe to see the other pulls. I pruned the first rip as it was a little premature and wispy.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I thought I'd been learning a bunch lately, now I know where all my new knowledge has been coming from haha!

Enjoying some really nice watermelon flower with a bit of equally really nice watermelon shatter sandwiched in the gong = Higher Learning
I'm reading a NEW to me writer: KURT ANDERSON

I got 2 of his book's: one FICTION and one NON-FICTION. (both well written)

The
41c5JF08WML._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
SO
416S5J9PQBL._SX35_.jpg
LO is not the strongest vaporizer, however 4 learning about life is ideal..

Last edited:

dynospec

I'm reading a NEW to me writer: KURT ANDERSON

I got 2 of his book's: one FICTION and one NON-FICTION. (both well written)

The SOLO is not the strongest vaporizer, however 4 learning about life is ideal..

Ive yet to read any of his stuff myself, however the description of True Believers sounds like I would certainly enjoy it. I think I would find Fantasyland to be really interesting, being Canadian Im not as familiar with some of the finer points of alot of American history. Lately I find myself reading alot about american history since much of it is rather interesting.

About to have my first session of the day, reaching for my solo2 and some diesel that is quite nice.

Still havent gotten around to doing anything with my S&B liquid pads, I may end up waiting till my DDave V2.5 kit gets here for my EQ but who knows maybe Ill find inspiration to do it before then.

Hope everyone has had lovely holidays

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Ready the review I think it is a bit late for the extended battery charge. Sounds like Dr S has already had a run with it. Doubt it will make much difference. It's a great battery.
I had two Solos over the past five years. There were a couple of warranty replacements, so I've only replaced the battery once in each unit. I try to follow good charging procedures, but if not these batteries last a long time. I use my Solos a lot, hard to believe the batteries last as long as they do. I did charge to the top on this one, used it for a few sessions and then charged overnight; so it's probably ok.
Just want to say, for those of you that have the regular Solo; this is the dream machine we were all waiting for. The rapid heat-up is nice. I always hated waiting. Now it is ready before I can load a bowl. I was always switching between level 4 and 5 on the Solo. With the Solo II I just set it at 388 F and it's right there in the middle-Perfect.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I had two Solos over the past five years. There were a couple of warranty replacements, so I've only replaced the battery once in each unit. I try to follow good charging procedures, but if not these batteries last a long time. I use my Solos a lot, hard to believe the batteries last as long as they do. I did charge to the top on this one, used it for a few sessions and then charged overnight; so it's probably ok.
Just want to say, for those of you that have the regular Solo; this is the dream machine we were all waiting for. The rapid heat-up is nice. I always hated waiting. Now it is ready before I can load a bowl. I was always switching between level 4 and 5 on the Solo. With the Solo II I just set it at 388 F and it's right there in the middle-Perfect.
Very nice testimony

I want to get another ARISER PRODUCT!
My SOLO that is old work's great still.
Why can't it die?
I use the heck out of it!

I want some new stuff this year?

Top Bottom