Arizer Solo II

NoRefunds

Cash Only
Well it arrived!

Thanks to OF for the pre overcharge advice and to not overcharge after. Does this mean I should not let the battery run dead either? The battery life is pretty damn impressive for how powerful this unit really is.

The box and carrying case it came with was a pretty nice touch. The whole unit itself feels of good quality my only gripe is the plastic looking LCD screen had minor scratches on it, just poor handling in factory ect I presume. It still looks feels and performs of highest quality imo.

It took me a minute to figure out how to load my first stem, I went with my short stem thinking it would aquire buildup faster and be easier to reclaim. Hindsight I'm still new to transitioning for combustion after a year long relapse and I enjoy the hot and heavy hits of 390-410 off the bat so maybe a longer stem or soon water pipe will be much welcomed.

Anyways, I used a grinder that was too fine and was afraid of sucking in too much loose herb through the small holes So I opted to use two screens to make a herb sandwich at the bottom of the stem and it worked amazingly well, I expected them to get dirty pretty fast but I'm probably 6-9 stems in and it all looks new when I refill still. The best part of this sandwich technique is you can put as little as you desire or load the whole bottom and it still inhales easy.

I'm honestly amazed at how fast this thing heats up, that being said I sometimes still enjoy those hot hits, one-hitters if you will and such I usually fill my stem after turning on, place in unit and go get a drink while it all warms up the glass. It also holds the heat inside very well, after heavy use the top is still touchable. It's honestly of better quality than their desktop unit I have which is just a step down, being bigger herb volume allowed on the desktop.

I thought I considered myself to be a daily/heavy smoker until in got this thing. Two stems my first night put my ass on the couch, last night me and the wife haven't been that high in years it's like we hit a new floor. Meanwhile using a fraction of our supply.

I dumped a spent stem out into my hand to show my wife she said ' no way, in a bowl that would be -poof- gone '. It's surreal how many hits you can take if you really want to stretch your supply. So much so that after my first stem I put the combustion pieces all in storage to retire because I couldn't stomach the waste it burns.

To those curious about small hits or microdosing this thing will fit pretty well, there may be better units but this was worth it's price easily. My wife's a lightweight and it's perfect for her.

For big hits or group session 4-6 I can easily preload 2-3 stems and swap in seconds, refill during but you won't need it!

I love the carrying case even without attaching it to yourself, I thought it was corny but it holds the Arizer, cleaning tool and two stems with ease. Plenty for trips out or quick group sessions.

Seriously, with all my endorsement coming these holidays you'd think I have stock in Arizer!

I feel like I've rambled on and honestly I'm sober at work, mods can edit if need be but I feel like this forum is good information for would be buyers so there's my first impression. I'm on a budget like everyone else and honestly I felt bad paying that much until it arrived, even the wife fell in love.

Question about water pipe attachments, sorry I don't know the exact lingo.
I saw an attachment sightly bigger than a big stem all in one piece, anyone have experience with that and is it a worthwhile starting piece?
Any recommendations or links to water mods for this piece, in the lower price range.

I've enjoyed the low temp taste and high but I think I need better quality herb to really experience those low end profiles. It does get a little warm near 390+ with a short stem as expected so I'm just looking to diminish that with something low maintenance.

Thanks again to this whole forum it's been a pleasure to read

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@NoRefunds welcome to the forum and to the Solo family. I enjoy this vaporizer as well. You can buy a water adapter through Arizer. Unless you recieved one with your purchase. I would go with an 18mm adapter but if you are able to buy both I would get a 14mm so you will be covered.
Water tools come generally in those two sizes.

Many folks go with DHgate for a cheap water tool. It’s easier when something gets broken and cost $35 verses $200.

Here is a link:

Wholesale 18mm Water Tool - DHgate.com
DHgate.com › wholesale › 18mm+water...

682 items · Find the best selection of 18mm water tool here at Dhgate.com. Source cheap and high quality products in hundreds of categories wholesale direct from China.

You can buy accessories for the Solo 2 at @PuffItUp. They are an FC sponsor. Look at the bottom of the forum and all you need to do is click it on and you are there.

Just a suggestion:
It’s always good to have a back up vaporizer just in case. Further down the line you might want to invest in another vaporizer that would work for you and your spouse. You don’t want to go back to combusting.

Last edited:

lagartogt

Hi ,

I got my solo 2 about a month ago, been using it almost daily since and it has worked just perfect.

Here's my concern I bought the short black stem from PIU and use it once in a while when going out and wanting to be discreet, the problem is that this stem is a bit wider so it is making my OG stems fit loose and wobbly.

I am startjng to worry that eventually the only stem that I am gonna be able to use is going to be the short not OG one.

Has anybody experienced something similar, is there any fix I could do to reverse the current damage?

Should I just use the OG Stems from now on ?

Hoping to hear from you guys, have a nice weekend :)

Southern Chef

only gripe is the plastic looking LCD screen had minor scratches on it, just poor handling in factory ect I presume.

Just in case you didn't notice (lots of folks don't), there is a clear plastic sheet over the LCD screen to protect it during shipping. It peels right off. I was upset with mine for a week before another member pointed this out to me. Welcome and enjoy your Solo.

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

Thanks to OF for the pre overcharge advice and to not overcharge after. Does this mean I should not let the battery run dead either? The battery life is pretty damn impressive for how powerful this unit really is.

I'm honestly amazed at how fast this thing heats up, that being said I sometimes still enjoy those hot hits, one-hitters if you will and such I usually fill my stem after turning on, place in unit and go get a drink while it all warms up the glass.

Any recommendations or links to water mods for this piece, in the lower price range.

Thanks for the excellent report, you're quite welcome of course and IMO have just 'repaid' the Forum with your above post. Lots of useful 'first take' insight for folks to consider.

Yes, it's a bad practice to hit the low end limit. Doing so won't kill it outright of course (usually.....), but it's very tough on the weaker of the two 18650s. More so that the stronger one, by a growing margin. Since it can't allow overcharging of the stronger of the two, charging is cut off before the weaker can ever recover. I run mine down to about 1/4 of the charge and then start thinking about when and where to recharge. No rush, do it in the next few sessions? Like gas in your car. Part of using it I guess. Then again, if it catches me out it's not like I don't have a perfectly good fall back vape (or two...) handy, as should you or any other serious sort. Mission critical gear, blazing is not an acceptable option.

Yeah, try this 'all in one' stem and WT:
http://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Air-Solo-H2O-Filtration-Stem-p/qtqc.solo-bubb.htm

Not as large in capacity as most of course, but mighty handy, does a good job, easy to use (DOESN'T SPILL), and you get change back from your fifteen dollar bill?

Enjoy your new vape, it's a good one for sure. Think about an alternative/backup, something different and fun to use in it's own right?

Regards to all

OF

Serial_Vapist

Arizer Solo II Arizer solo OG Xvape Avant
So here's a question all of you who've had both the original Solo & the Solo 2.

I had my first session with my brand new Solo 2 last night, and it seems to me I got a lot more blasted a lot sooner with my Solo 2 than I do with my old Solo OG. I really didn't expect there to be that much of a difference in that regard, but in my case there clearly was.

Has anyone else noticed anything like that, or is it just me?

OF

Has anyone else noticed anything like that, or is it just me?

Not by me, not that that should impact your enjoyment even a little bit of course. If it's good for you it's sure 'nuf good by me.

We're probably not even using it the same way with the same type/strain herb. Or grind/loading density.

One of the real strong points of Solo/Air is it's ability to support a broad range of goals, herb, technique, and so on.....and do so so very reliably and at low cost. It has earned a strong and diverse (perverse if we include @ataxian) following. Hard to go really wrong.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Not by me, not that that should impact your enjoyment even a little bit of course. If it's good for you it's sure 'nuf good by me.

We're probably not even using it the same way with the same type/strain herb. Or grind/loading density.

One of the real strong points of Solo/Air is it's ability to support a broad range of goals, herb, technique, and so on.....and do so so very reliably and at low cost. It has earned a strong and diverse (perverse if we include @ataxian) following. Hard to go really wrong.

OF
PORTABLE'S R fit some people's life stlye!

The SOLO is perfect for the way I live my life.

To have one when I was a young gun?

EXCUSE ME: Time for a SOLO session! (it's SATURDAY)

Lighten up! (I did not say light up?)

VAKE instead of BAKE == CIVILIZED

@Serial_Vapist I have a old SOLO that won't die?
I will get a SOLO and AIR 2 one day!

If you have one your lucky!

Sometime's like low THC strain's. (like when I read)
HIGH THC when I sleep or watch TV/DOC/MOV/COMEDY
Had some CBD OIL and pretty powerful stuff?
I learn everyday.
CANNABIS makes people smarter!

Last edited:

NoRefunds

Cash Only
@NoRefunds welcome to the forum and to the Solo family. I enjoy this vaporizer as well. You can buy a water adapter through Arizer. Unless you recieved one with your purchase. I would go with an 18mm adapter but if you are able to buy both I would get a 14mm so you will be covered.
Water tools come generally in those two sizes.

Many folks go with DHgate for a cheap water tool. It’s easier when something gets broken and cost $35 verses $200.

Here is a link:

Wholesale 18mm Water Tool - DHgate.com
DHgate.com › wholesale › 18mm+water...

682 items · Find the best selection of 18mm water tool here at Dhgate.com. Source cheap and high quality products in hundreds of categories wholesale direct from China.

You can buy accessories for the Solo 2 at @PuffItUp. They are an FC sponsor. Look at the bottom of the forum and all you need to do is click it on and you are there.

Just a suggestion:
It’s always good to have a back up vaporizer just in case. Further down the line you might want to invest in another vaporizer that would work for you and your spouse. You don’t want to go back to combusting.

Thank you much for the helpful info and links! I agree as I'm just wanting to test the water (well not literally) I'll get a cheaper water piece first.

I have two other vapes, my extreme Q 4.0 or whatnot from last years sale. It's alright and I'd honestly rate it a 6-7/10 however I elbow pack it (still much bigger than a full stem) and because of the elbow location (it's an inch or two from heating element) it's hard to reach accurate temperatures so I generally just start at 390. But it also takes ten minutes to fully warm up imo and I dislike cleaning whips plus even an elbow pack is a hassle for solo use.
I have the cfv? Or whatever the cheap 80-90$ portable is from boundless, mouth piece is some sort of plastic and of course it broke within two weeks.
I started with that cheap desktop box whip mod 3 or 4 years ago, just wasn't accurate, got very dirty and consumed a bit.

Thanks for the excellent report, you're quite welcome of course and IMO have just 'repaid' the Forum with your above post. Lots of useful 'first take' insight for folks to consider.

Yes, it's a bad practice to hit the low end limit. Doing so won't kill it outright of course (usually.....), but it's very tough on the weaker of the two 18650s. More so that the stronger one, by a growing margin. Since it can't allow overcharging of the stronger of the two, charging is cut off before the weaker can ever recover. I run mine down to about 1/4 of the charge and then start thinking about when and where to recharge. No rush, do it in the next few sessions? Like gas in your car. Part of using it I guess. Then again, if it catches me out it's not like I don't have a perfectly good fall back vape (or two...) handy, as should you or any other serious sort. Mission critical gear, blazing is not an acceptable option.

Yeah, try this 'all in one' stem and WT:
http://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Air-Solo-H2O-Filtration-Stem-p/qtqc.solo-bubb.htm

Not as large in capacity as most of course, but mighty handy, does a good job, easy to use (DOESN'T SPILL), and you get change back from your fifteen dollar bill?

Enjoy your new vape, it's a good one for sure. Think about an alternative/backup, something different and fun to use in it's own right?

Regards to all

OF

Thanks again OF, always a lung-full of information. Yeah I love the battery life of this solo, it's easily ten times better than my old boundless.

Thanks for your link provided that's exactly what I was thinking of also, now if only it were in stock.

My alternative is my Extreme Q desktop I suppose, although I hope to not need it too often seeing as the solo out performs in almost every situation. I just love that I can stroll the house without a cord.

Work's kept me busy today. I'll keep you updated on my experience and water pipe adventure when I can.

Last edited:

dynospec

I got mine yesterday, and I love it so much! I also have their extreme Q which i also enjoy quite a bit. Before that I was using a Da Buddha i had been gifted, which I didnt care for

Forgot to add, I got the piece to attach my solo 2 to a bong, and it is so great! My only complaint, is i literally cannot feel the vapor entering my lungs at all so I end up taking massive puffs, and as such quite medicated haha.

NoRefunds

Cash Only
Mine showed up Wednesday. It's a lot of fun having a portable that hits almost as good as a desktop.

Any tips for keeping everything in the stem? When I pull the stem out half of it is in the heater.

I use a small screen in the stem, directly touching the four holes in stem, then herb, then another screen to hold it all in. Doesn't take much pressure either. Screen herb screen.
I agree, this thing hits better than my desktop or even any bong I've tried.

Just in case you didn't notice (lots of folks don't), there is a clear plastic sheet over the LCD screen to protect it during shipping. It peels right off. I was upset with mine for a week before another member pointed this out to me. Welcome and enjoy your Solo.

I want to hug you. When I saw those scratches my inner OCD was crying. I'm home now and can confirm that was the case! I'm actually leaving the screen protector on to keep it "new" longer. We'll see how long before my OCD takes it off haha.

Unrelated but I'm a bit scared at how much I always enjoy reading Ataxians replies. (Does he really not have a solo 2 yet? Where's his GoFundMe at already)

OF

Thanks again OF, always a lung-full of information.

Thanks for your link provided that's exactly what I was thinking of also, now if only it were in stock.

Yer welcome again, NR. Yeah, a co worker once said 'yes, free advice is one of the many things he's full of....'. Long ago, but I don't think I've changed. The world has, mind, despite my advice.

They will come back in stock, it's no doubt a lot thing or we'd never get them at anything like that price. Cool things, there's a trap built into top and bottom, it doesn't spill....or leak in your shirt pocket. You can also cap it up with a load ready to go like with this short stem:
WgOYSb5.jpg

If you use high temp (450F) caps, like those, you can pull the stem, cap it off (with some care and a bit of practice) and have it in your pocket in a heartbeat, if you need to. Or want to. Very cool to have a useful WT like that, fun toy.

Anyway, think pure thoughts, check PIU from time to time, this too shall pass.

Regards,

Any tips for keeping everything in the stem? When I pull the stem out half of it is in the heater.

Great to hear you're getting acquainted and all. Try "Hamster Style" for that particular affliction.

Hold the stem bowl up, invert Mister Solo and lower it over the stem. Exploit gravity. Now, raise it still higher in front of your face, lean forward, tip your head back and pretend you're a hamster at a water bottle......

After a hit or two, the trichomes and resins in the herb will have fused it to a more or less solid mass, that stays in the stem. Feel free to invert it again, so you look more normal in public places and enjoy.

Welcome to the fun. Good call with Solo......but you're figuring that out?

I want to hug you. When I saw those scratches my inner OCD was crying. I'm home now and can confirm that was the case! I'm actually leaving me screen protector on to keep it "new" longer.

That's wonderful and all, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when we say we're happy for you both. But this isn't really that kind of Forum you see.

You should get a room.........

OF

dynospec

Mine showed up Wednesday. It's a lot of fun having a portable that hits almost as good as a desktop.

I fill mine by pushing the stem into my jar i use to hold busted bud, and then i just push a bit off and tamp it down a little bit, seems to keep together for the most part. I also sorta found myself doing what was said above about the "hamster" thing, but most of my use so far has been with an attachment through a bong which keeps the solo and thus the bowl inverted anyways.

I definitely had the same issue on my first use though, I just put a bit too much in I think. I really like that you only need such a small amount of bud to fill the bowl areas of the stems for the solo2, I find with my extreme Q I need to use a bit more of a full bowl to get good vapor density.

Serial_Vapist

Arizer Solo II Arizer solo OG Xvape Avant

OF

Thanks OF! Oh and btw I saw someone thanking you for your advice on charging....I'd like to read your post on that but not sure where it's at?

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
It doesn't REQUIRE it, but it will benefit from it. If you want maximum battery lifespan (until the battery dies, not just needs recharging) I recommend you go at least 4 hours 'past full charge' the first time ONLY. After the first discharge (use) this advantage is lost forever. Maximum capacity is set and will only go down with time.

For the initial charge (straight out of the box) i recommend 'overnight'. Don't even plan on cheating 'just a bit', if you do, don't bother with worrying, just enjoy it while it lasts?

After that initial charge I strongly recommend stopping charging 10 or even 20% early. Doing so will DOUBLE the life, four times more for 20% in round terms. Run it down in use, recharge before it 'locks out', stop charge 'early' when you can and you should get many happy years of service.

Burn offs are very subjective, there is no hard answer. Some guys are very sensitive and claim problems after visible vapor is gone. Some individual vapes can have extra fingerprints, oils and such and take more heating than another sample of the exact same model. I've had 'consecutive' Solos and FMs do this several times. One takes a lot of burn offs to get rid of visible vapor (look for it with a strong flashlight from the side) while the one before or after it doesn't. Your call, there, as it should be.

Enjoy your Solo II, you've got an excellent vape there......but I guess you knew that already....

OF

Thanks OF! Oh and btw I saw someone thanking you for your advice on charging....I'd like to read your post on that but not sure where it's at?

Here you go sir. Quoted.

OF

Thanks to MK for an example of charging advice from the past. I've posted such advice a lot over the years, for instance I've discussed charging a couple hundred times:
http://fuckcombustion.com/search/52201587/?q=charging&o=date&c[node]=39&c[user][0]=7683

To me more specific about techniques for maximum battery life (what I suspect you want), I often quote "Battery University", an excellent resource on many topics. Sorting for such mentions gives 20 options:
http://fuckcombustion.com/search/52201459/?q=battery+university&o=date&c[node]=39&c[user][0]=7683

That includes other vapes, of course, the Solo I and both Airs (and a lot of others) use this same scheme.

Overcharge (say four hours or more past 'full') BEFORE ANY USE (don't cheat even a few minutes, or you loose any advantage and should avoid it). After that first charge, avoid full charges (a doubling of lifespan if you stop at 90% instead of 'full'. Doubling. Stopping at 80% (less than 'one bar') doubles it again! Four times the number or recharges before replacement? Worth considering.......

Likewise, avoid deep discharges, strive to never have it 'lock out' due to no charge left. More important in Solo than Air of course, since battery replacement is such a bigger deal here.

Avoid high temperatures, simple storage at high temperatures when fully charged will 'kill' (or severely damage) the battery over time without any real use. This is why you should always get such batteries delivered to you at 'about 2/3 charge'. Ones that come out of the box either fully charged or discharged past say 50% should be suspect straight away. Arizer is a top notch outfit, they know better, that should not happen here. And so does Panasonic (the maker of the 18650s used to build the Solo II packs).

I agree, it's very hard to find stuff around here, "Search" is kind of primitive. Unfortunate, but it is what it is as the saying goes. You can also use Google to search, just enter this Forum domain to limit it. That means I end up repeating the message a lot over time, it's out there. Waste enough time around here you're sure to come across it a time or two?

PM me if you can't figure it out.

Regards to all.

OF

morninglight

Hey all. I’ve had a solo2 for less than a week. I had it on the charger, pulled it off, and for the last 12 hours the screen has been stuck with the battery icon. Can’t get it to do anything. Any way to fix this? Itsinoperable.

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
I put up a video today comparing the Solo II with the Mighty!
These are 2 of my favorite vapes and this comparison was requested often.
I tried to focus on all of the different viewpoints, rather than just harping my own opinion.

It's also worth noting right now you can get the Mighty with glass wpa, glass mouthpiece, and a stand for 296 after coupon.
Or you can get the Solo 2 for 204 with 6 mouthpieces

(coupons are on my website, which I am no longer able to link to here)

I have a question for you, because I know you have one. Is that spoon/tamper tool from delta3studios durable? I wanted to get one but was wondering how well the tamper works with the Solo II and if it's worth it.

NoRefunds

Cash Only
Hey all. I’ve had a solo2 for less than a week. I had it on the charger, pulled it off, and for the last 12 hours the screen has been stuck with the battery icon. Can’t get it to do anything. Any way to fix this? Itsinoperable.

Sorry to hear that. Although I'm sure you may have already but, did you try plugging it in and turning it on and off, with and without the cord plugged into the unit and into the wall, and still stays on the battery screen?

Have you tried other outlets?

You've had it a week, what were you doing before this happened? In use or.

@metaknight just finger tamp for the Solo stems - unless you're micro dosing and can't fit a finger in to tamp?!?

I remember someone saying pinky tap, it's a thing haha.

OF

@metaknight just finger tamp for the Solo stems - unless you're micro dosing and can't fit a finger in to tamp?!?

Actually we've got a mod available for that now I think. They shape the end of one finger, usually a pinky, to fit the bowl. Very easy, done under a local, covered by Obamacare.

Of course you need to be careful the stem has cooled enough before you use it, but it's really quite handy. So to speak. Some manicurists charge extra for that nail, but it's a small price to pay I'm told.

I think @ataxian come up with it.......just a guess, but it's the sort of thing he'd come up with.....

OF

mak0321

Hey guys first post on this site. Had my solo 2 for few months. Using it non stop. Gotten a bit of a problem that i think might have developed within a month of use.

There is dust and some burnt herb i think behind the screen. And it has increased with time. Should i be concern? Anyone else it has happened to?

Otherwise the unit works just fine.

OF

Hey guys first post on this site. Had my solo 2 for few months. Using it non stop. Gotten a bit of a problem that i think might have developed within a month of use.

There is dust and some burnt herb i think behind the screen. And it has increased with time. Should i be concern? Anyone else it has happened to?

Otherwise the unit works just fine.

First off, howdy, welcome to the Forum and all the fun. Lots of good folks around, settle in and do some reading? And congrats on the Solo buy, top choice.

To your question, no I would not worry about such debris (it should cause no problems)......enjoy the Solo instead?

Regards,

OF

morninglight

Sorry to hear that. Although I'm sure you may have already but, did you try plugging it in and turning it on and off, with and without the cord plugged into the unit and into the wall, and still stays on the battery screen?

Have you tried other outlets?

You've had it a week, what were you doing before this happened? In use or.

I remember someone saying pinky tap, it's a thing haha.

It was sitting on the charger and not in use. I removed the cord from the solo and the screen just froze with the battery icon. I can’t turn it off or on. Buttons don’t do anything. It doesn’t respond at all. Been sitting with the same screen since early Saturday now.

Top Bottom