Arizer Solo II

TheChillBud

I'll get some shots of the Solo / Solo II / Air beside each other so you can get an even better idea of the size.
Without further adieu, some more comparison shots of all the Arizer portables together.
w8w3slB.jpg

CKHBdnR.jpg

IAoOqfQ.jpg

Like I mentioned in the review, doesn't that stainless steel look fantastic?! Huge upgrade imo.
*Also. All glass stems fit in all units.

Adobewan

You know, please and thank you go along way.
This is an exceptionally informative and generous group. The hair on the back of my neck starts to rise at some of the interrogatory questioning.
Let me join some of you in shouting out a big thanks to @TheChillBud and the rest of our gracious brethren who take the time to read the manuals so we don't have to :).

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
it looks very nice and solid

Solo was my first one (3yrs ago?) and solo II will definitely replace it when it will decide to die

Solo still gives me some of the thickest tastiest smoothest clouds of my little vapes collection (on 2nd and 3rd hit), it is not the best in any of those categories but it is the best compromise of all 3 IMO

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I notice there are no holes at the bottom of new solo....

@TheChillBud I don't suppose you would happen to know the details of the air path...???

Where is it drawing air from, what route does it take, and what materials is it in contact with throughout it's journey...????

Apart from this, thanks for your contribution here...

It's 7:30am and I'm getting the solo out....

little maggie

The solo and air were my first purchases and my first vapes after the MFLB. When I got other vapes I ended up not using either. The main and really only reason was the air resistance. I didn't know that was the name of the problem but I have COPD and they require a stronger ability to draw air than I have.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
When you look at the number of pages in the Solo thread you quickly understand it is the star of FC, I expect it wouldn't be different for the SoloII....but there is a lot more competition, although they got a large fan's base.

I expect to see a lot of fairly priced Solo's in Classifieds!

Mr.Sifter

am thinking about selling my SOLO aswell.
it is my backup vape.
but i really like it.

now i have to ask myself to equip my solo with a high capacity battery fpr 40EUR or to sell the SOLO for 80EUR and get the SOLO2 (200EUR?)

I need this bwcause of.... reasons

Last edited:

biohacker

@ataxian i'm buying this!!! I'm not the biggest fan of conduction vapes, but a Solo is the best one out there from my limited experience. And this will basically be a new vape for me with it's 220c ceiling and better ability to maintain temperature. This will even make concentrates possible!

Hopefully the release is around the corner! I don't remember Air reviews before release....it just dropped and that was that, with an early release sale discount and I think free shipping.

I wonder if @pakalolo is in the know...he's the one who "surprised" us with the Air announcement!

SiDankies

@ataxian i'm buying this!!! I'm not the biggest fan of conduction vapes, but a Solo is the best one out there from my limited experience. And this will basically be a new vape for me with it's 220c ceiling and better ability to maintain temperature. This will even make concentrates possible!

Hopefully the release is around the corner! I don't remember Air reviews before release....it just dropped and that was that, with an early release sale discount and I think free shipping.

I wonder if @pakalolo is in the know...he's the one who "surprised" us with the Air announcement!

Solo is a hybrid not just conduction.

biohacker

Solo is a hybrid not just conduction.

While I too think Solo is an outstanding performer I don't think it is because you "use it in convection mode much of the time" since it's a Conduction vape. Not Convection. Or Radiation. Only those three are possible routes for moving heat. Not as those terms are used in Thermodynamics normally (the only definition that counts when you're talking heat flow).

To be convection the air has to be heated higher going in than it comes out. That is it gives up heat to the load, not drawing heat from it. The convection going on is actually convection COOLING of the load, not heating it. Cold air coming in is using up heat (energy) getting heated up. Volcano, HA, T1/Cera, and ESV are all examples of convection, each has glowing metal or other hotter than vaping surfaces that 'superheat' the air going in. They are characterized by denser vapor with harder hitting, not larger volume but thinner like we see with Solo.

Some vapes use hot air in the load to spread heat faster, but Thermodynamics is based on heat flow at a system level. 'How does the heat (ability to make stuff hotter, not temperature) get into the system' is the question at hand. In Solo it comes in over time by conduction (there is a 'recovery' between hits), convection the heat comes in instantly with the draw (no recovery, minimum lag).

A 'rose by any other name', Solo still makes the vapor when the chips are down.....by conduction if the name matters.

OF

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Is the white one with the new technology?

ataxian,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

blackstone

Thanks very much for the previews @TheChillBud that was an exciting world first showing here the other night!
Keeping the stems was unexpected but the more I look at it, the more it's growing on me.
The Solo 1 is so good that it's hard to imagine needing a Solo 2 to replace it, but this is better in many ways too so it's obviously going to be even more enjoyable to live with.

There was a way of using Solo 1 to exploit some of it's heating properties,
people used to set the Solo on 7 and land it on top of a upturned stem or gong, pre-heat the glass for a time and inhale, lifting the Solo off at the end of the draw.
I've tried it with very good results, and there may well be conduction and radiation taking place.

But I'd like to know if this new Solo 2 is so powerful, that it could perform that kind of use with little to no pre-heat time, and at lower settings than "full".
In theory it should provide good steady heat and vapor at all settings and it will be nice to try bumping by only 3 degrees here and there.
It will be interesting to see if the price is attractive too.

jpdnkstr

I already have 2 solos and an Air, but I might still be in for a couple of these also... My wife and I are medical patients and some of the upgrades sound very useful! Loving the new ss bottom!

Thanks everyone for your answers and questions, some that I wouldn't have thought of, but like knowing the answer to!

biohacker

There was a way of using Solo 1 to exploit some of it's heating properties,
people used to set the Solo on 7 and land it on top of a upturned stem or gong, pre-heat the glass for a time and inhale, lifting the Solo off at the end of the draw.
I've tried it with very good results, and there may well be conduction and radiation taking place.

I have videos of this in the Solo thread. I called it "convection mode" and @OF promptly set me straight that it doesn't exist lol. He's right, it's conduction, you get an initial cloud and then it's gone, until you wait for the heater to catch up and heat the biomass some more. It's on my youtube channel biohack9

But I'd like to know if this new Solo 2 is so powerful, that it could perform that kind of use with little to no pre-heat time, and at lower settings than "full".
In theory it should provide good steady heat and vapor at all settings and it will be nice to try bumping by only 3 degrees here and there.
It will be interesting to see if the price is attractive too.

Since it goes up an extra 10c, and has a "beefed up heater" it may be able to work in "convection mode" way better, and i'm looking forward to trying it! Even though i'm not a huge conduction fan, this is one vape that I can tolerate, and want to have in my collection. With the pvhes, i'm actually planning on using it as a real portable as well, since I don't have too much faith in my grasshopper's.

I think the price may be surprisingly low...
It not like they have started from scratch and have loads of r and d to recover...

I hope you're right, but I don't feel that way....if it's like the Air they will have a short early release intro price, and then it will shoot back up to their msrp....and like the Solo and air, will eventually get down to a surprisingly lower price. At least that's the way I think the evolution will roll.... time will tell...hopefully soon!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I already have 2 solos and an Air, but I might still be in for a couple of these also... My wife and I are medical patients and some of the upgrades sound very useful! Loving the new ss bottom!

Thanks everyone for your answers and questions, some that I wouldn't have thought of, but like knowing the answer to!
I use what I use to keep my wife happy.
She never has tried CANNABIS.

It helps me so much!
The SOLO is CIVILIZED & doesn't bother those around me.

@biohacker I take a BLUE one.
Where can one get one?
There not on their site?

Top Bottom