Arizer Solo II

avapehead

I've visited this site frequently, but only just now joined as a member so that I might take advantage of the sale, if nothing better is offered. Cheers!

tonytokes

Not to worry, just indicating a search for posts by me on Air or Solo forums could get you more information? Or not.

I get it, I use 'mid ranges' and only go 'full blast' with water. Otherwise the hot, dry air does a job I don't want done.......

You might try a trick I've posted before: Poke a wet pipe cleaner down the stem from the top. The all cotton and steel wire kind. This evaporates the water in the hot air stream, cooling it some but more importantly adding moisture back in. I stole the idea from the Thermovape 'tru-flow', a ceramic disk add on for (some of) their vapes. I find it dried out in longer sessions, so I have a drip bottle of water standing by, 2 or 3 drops down from the top gets it going again. I usually fold the pipe cleaner twice (3 thick) and poke it just below flush where it's easy to pluck out with a bent paper clip.

If I didn't already have a Solo or Air, I'd probably go with the new Solo, FWIW. Enjoy yours.

Come on Randy, show us the offer.........

OF

Current price comparisons after tax with 4/20 sales (after-tax):
Solo II: $276 CAD
Solo: $160 CAD
Air: $203 CAD

You would still say the Solo II is worth the extra $116 over the first Solo?

tonytokes,

OF

I never said that in the first place, did I?

I said "If I didn't already have a Solo or Air, I'd probably go with the new Solo, FWIW. Enjoy yours.". I expect you'll do it, we're on that thread after all. I already have both Solo and Air, if/when I get a Solo II it will be because of positive reviews from new owners we know and trust and probably be connected with an attractive price offer from either PV or more likely PIU. An 'educated impulse buy' you might say.

Your money, and your call. I predict you'll go with Solo II for a host of reasons, and were I in your place (which I'm not....) I'd likely do the same. A decision I'm sure you'll like in the long run. For what that's worth.

Enjoy it. And you might consider skimming through the Air and especially Solo threads, there's a lot of very useful experience based information there.

Regards to all.

OF

OF

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The Solo II's temp is tied to C, like @OF mentioned in his previous post. So the F selections are a little wonky.

@biohacker I like the Solo II better. It's a sweet vape and feels great with its new oval shape. I like the new session controls they have added as well. They also have the belt clip carrying case like the Air, which I think I may value more than others. imo, it makes up for a lot of what it lacks in portability due to all the stems to carry around. I've been waiting to hear the official price point to figure out if I think it's worth it or not. For someone without a Solo, I would pay $50 more for the 2. But if I already had a Solo, I don't know if I would. Also, there are enough versions out there that make true comparisons hard to make. I've got 2 Solo's, one without the recessed heat jets and another one that is old enough to have the ceramic bowl. So it's hard to make a solid, true comparison. But I'm confident any differences in the vapor would be nominal to most.

BigJr48

My main concern is I go for this agracan deal and the price ends up lower through PIU in a month.

Or ... I don't take this deal and it ends up being the best price for months ...

Well Agracan doesn't start shipping until the 2nd week of May, so we're still two days away from 4/20 to make a decision and see if any other vendors will have better offers.
My concerns are the exchange rate on Thursday, should I make my purchase today or wait it out.

biohacker

I guess that's what the "Arizer" premium is for? Get it right away vs in a month? I'm in no rush, but still feel that the 4/20 sale will be the best we see for a while. In Canada anyway....Randy and PIU is awesome, but for Canadians the shipping isn't cheap, and PV has never been a better deal than AgraCan AFAIK. PV has kinda left FC in the dark IMO, but there is another thread explaining why.

blackstone

I fell at the last fence and ordered a different vape today, got a tracking number and might even be hitting it by this 420 weekend?!

Had been wanting to buy something for months and got lots of GREAT advice on here along the way.

If in Canada or US, or able to wait more, I'd get this Solo 2 deal and maybe sell my Solo 1 to a friend that wants to FC.
But I just couldn't wait anymore! Might get Solo 2 later.

I also dealt with Jack (Agracan) through chat and he gave great service and help with mail options. I couldn't get a further response from using the online form for help, but those form type email boxes always offer less reassurance than regular email for me.
Hoping I don't regret this great offer!
Or that Arizer don't make a total ass out of me on the 20th for spending my money already!
Happy 420 everyone and enjoy your Solo 2 and other buys!

Don't forget to post pics of your Solo 2s here!

Gort

"What Kind Of Time Are These..."
Ordered A Solo 2 for $182.00 4/17. Thanks for all the help Jack. Agracan has all Arizers on sale. This looks like a Must do deal. What a great savings and it seems like a company that cares about us. I say we support tjem the way they support us. Yippie!

Last edited:

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
Ordered A Solo 2 for $182.00 4/17. Thanks for all the help Jack. Agracan has all Arizers on sale. This looks like a Must do deal. What a great savings and it seems like a company that cares about us. I say we support tjem the way they support us. Yippie!

@Gort is correct because Agracan has the Solo2 at $289 Canadian with a $40 Canadian 420 coupon easy to find on their site. With a conversion rate multiplier to $US about .75 that comes to around $187US. They have free shipping to US with net order above $130US so it does apply. They also throw in an extra stem, some screens and a grinder. Only catch is they will ship around 2nd week in May. Anticipation (delayed gratification) is good when you are in no hurry.

Funny story is I screwed up the order (that I placed just after a Crafty session) and had to email them to fix it. Jack did so quickly. They must have some kind of special deal with Arizer for the 420 coupon.

Edit: now I see from a previous post that FC members get $45Canadian off the $289 price by using the coupon code Agracan420Solo2FC. So I have emailed Jack to see if I can get the extra $5 Canadian discount. That would make it $444 Canadian so about $282-$283US all in.

Peace out. :leaf:

Last edited:
Little Bill,
Reactions: BigJr48

OF

Do you not remember the Air release? ;)

Good point. And the price dropped a LOT in a few months (I paid 'big time' for mine and a Christmas gift).......and an upgraded version was out before spring? With it came a change in stems as this one was hastily added to the plastic topped stems (first units came with a straight Solo stem):
zmsSrLE.jpg

Experience there advises against jumping on board here ASAP..........

OF

shawn0223

Good point. And the price dropped a LOT in a few months (I paid 'big time' for mine and a Christmas gift).......and an upgraded version was out before spring? With it came a change in stems as this one was hastily added to the plastic topped stems (first units came with a straight Solo stem):
zmsSrLE.jpg

OF
And they added the battery indicator thankfully. Great revision imo lol

biohacker

Thanks @OF as i'm on a protracted break from vaping and was only planning on picking up the Solo 2 due to the sales. However, you're right...if I wait a few months i'm pretty sure that the price will be even more competitive than the current 420 promotions (I hope). And if not, ah well it will be a couple of bucks more and perhaps there will actually be a tweak or two.

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
@Gort is correct because Agracan has the Solo2 at $289 Canadian with a $40 Canadian 420 coupon easy to find on their site. With a conversion rate multiplier to $US about .75 that comes to around $187US. They have free shipping to US with net order above $130US so it does apply. They also throw in an extra stem, some screens and a grinder. Only catch is they will ship around 2nd week in May. Anticipation (delayed gratification) is good when you are in no hurry.

Funny story is I screwed up the order (that I placed just after a Crafty session) and had to email them to fix it. Jack did so quickly. They must have some kind of special deal with Arizer for the 420 coupon.

Edit: now I see from a previous post that FC members get $45Canadian off the $289 price by using the coupon code Agracan420Solo2FC. So I have emailed Jack to see if I can get the extra $5 Canadian discount. That would make it $444 Canadian so about $282-$283US all in.

Peace out. :leaf:

I should have ended by saying $182-$183 USD all in with extra stem, screens, and a grinder.

OF

And they added the battery indicator thankfully. Great revision imo lol

An improvement for sure, but IMO mighty lame. About half of us who are red/green color blind can't 'read' it, right? Since you no doubt have normal color vision this doesn't occur to most. But color blindness is quite common, about the same rate as being left handed. And it is almost exclusively men, so there's a sexist element in play as well. But think about how many left handed guys you know? That's the percentage of color blind, give or take. Not uncommon at all. I can 'read' it with the aid of a couple of filters, but how convenient is that?

And the range has 3 steps, and is not even linear? That is the last half of the charge is a single step. It's like covering the bottom half of your cars gas gauge with tape, you know you have half a tank or less but don't know if you have enough for another session? Come on........

It's a good answer to 'why in the H, E, double toothpicks don't we have a battery level meter like the competition' question. Well not good, but perhaps the best they could do with the existing product.

I think you could say it's a lame recovery for a half baked (Beta tested?) product. At least I can say it. I like Air and all, but no way I'd say it's a great feature, and even then it should have been part of the product from the get go......what were their Beta Testers doing?????

Contrast that with Solo. Seven easy to read non ambiguous steps that actually indicate the number of sessions remaining? That's a great indicator IMO, not a lame afterthought. A big step backwards? And in an important area that 'got lost somewhere in the process'. It can happen, even to Arizer it seems.

I should have ended by saying $182-$183 USD all in with extra stem, screens, and a grinder.

Not to worry, if anyone follows your advice and sends them an extra hundred bucks they're unlikely to complain too loud or long? That would be rude.......

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Planetvape doesn't even have the Solo II. They have it on their store's website looking like it's available to buy. I have a discount code that I was going to use. When I tried ordering, it says it's not available yet. WTF? It says $219.

I'm waiting to buy from Randy @PuffItUp I'm not in that big of a hurry. I have plenty of other units to use.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@biohacker that popped up when I tried ordering. It's on their site with nothing showing that it's not available until you try to order. I don't preorder for a vaporizer.

CarolKing,

$un

I paid $110 for my original Solo shipped from Vapeworld. I ordered my Solo 2 yesterday for $182 so that's just a $72 dollars difference. Now lets see the updates from the original Solo. Your getting a new Solo 2 with a slimmer body which is 20% more portable PLUS double the battery life as the original Solo :rockon::rockon:, your getting a bigger pick tool, a short stem instead of the curved one, nice little carry bag, plus a very useful OLED screen update with more customization features. All that for only an extra $72 is not bad at all. After 6-12 months you may find the Solo 2 for around $140-150 but technically how much are you saving at the end of the day $20-$30 dollars?

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
An improvement for sure, but IMO mighty lame. About half of us who are red/green color blind can't 'read' it, right? Since you no doubt have normal color vision this doesn't occur to most. But color blindness is quite common, about the same rate as being left handed. And it is almost exclusively men, so there's a sexist element in play as well. But think about how many left handed guys you know? That's the percentage of color blind, give or take. Not uncommon at all. I can 'read' it with the aid of a couple of filters, but how convenient is that?

And the range has 3 steps, and is not even linear? That is the last half of the charge is a single step. It's like covering the bottom half of your cars gas gauge with tape, you know you have half a tank or less but don't know if you have enough for another session? Come on........

It's a good answer to 'why in the H, E, double toothpicks don't we have a battery level meter like the competition' question. Well not good, but perhaps the best they could do with the existing product.

I think you could say it's a lame recovery for a half baked (Beta tested?) product. At least I can say it. I like Air and all, but no way I'd say it's a great feature, and even then it should have been part of the product from the get go......what were their Beta Testers doing?????

Contrast that with Solo. Seven easy to read non ambiguous steps that actually indicate the number of sessions remaining? That's a great indicator IMO, not a lame afterthought. A big step backwards? And in an important area that 'got lost somewhere in the process'. It can happen, even to Arizer it seems.

Not to worry, if anyone follows your advice and sends them an extra hundred bucks they're unlikely to complain too loud or long? That would be rude.......

OF

@OF who rained on your parade this morning. I made a mistake and corrected it. I didn't give advice and certainly don't need your wise a-- remarks.

Little Bill,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@OF who rained on your parade this morning. I made a mistake and corrected it. I didn't give advice and certainly don't need your wise a-- remarks.
I think you're mis-reading OF's comment, @Little Bill. He was being humorous (as he is known to be now and again) and wasn't being a wise ass. Relax, you'll get used to him as we all did. ;)

:peace:

biohacker

@biohacker that popped up when I tried ordering. It's on their site with nothing showing that it's not available until you try to order. I don't preorder for a vaporizer.

It was right on the page, perhaps you didn't scroll down. However, they must be reading our conversations because they just updated it!

http://www.planetvape.ca/solo-2-vaporizer.html

$289cdn (msrp) and you get a free small space case, or subtract $5 if you don't want it, or add $10 if you want the medium size.

Welcome to the show PV! Now show us some 4/20 love? Or at least FC love?

double the battery life as the original Solo

I guess i'd need to see this to believe it.

Top Bottom