Arizer Solo II

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Is there any chance you can ask them to confirm the Solo II Isolated Airpath for us? It says so on their website...
Sure, I will drop them a message, perhaps it was an oversight on the catalog or it is a mistake on the website. Hoping its the catalog lacking clarity. I'll follow up when I hear something.

cannabis.pro,
Reactions: Alex3oe

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
There's a lot of interesting 'isolated air path' discussion going on. While I understand this is very important to some, and there's no doubt a sales advantage to claiming it as a feature, I was wondering if anyone can give me a reason why it should be a concern? What, specifically, is the hazard?

I'm sitting here with a computer more or less in front of me with a fan blowing heated air that passes over a lot more circuitry (and the fraction of the air that might pass over the PCB in a Solo is cold). And the TV has huge vents spewing the same sort of air into the room I spend a lot of time in.

I've heard no documented health concerns from such sources, has anyone? What is it we're afraid of?

Anyone know what the problem is? Why should we fear vapes and not computers and other equipment? More importantly can give a reference.

TIA

OF
EXACTLY! Why the unwarranted concern?! We breathe in more shit and pollutants during our day-to-day routines. If anyone is THAT concerned about hurting their lungs...quit vaping. The vapor is most likely doing more damage than any room temperature air passing over electronics. lol

...but I won't quit vaping. :)

OF

EXACTLY! Why the unwarranted concern?!

I'm not 100% convinced it's unwarranted, but strongly suspect so. Which is why I asked if anyone had any specific evidence here.

Arizer seems to have taken this concern to heart, perhaps only because 'the market is demanding it'? After all they 'caved' to demand with 'use while charging'. I'm sure it helps the sales efforts to be seen as on top of the issue, real or not WRT to health. That is feeding a 'my dog is better than your's' theme I think is involved. That is 'my vape is superior to your's because it has the isolated vapor path', even if not the Holy Grail of 'isolated air path'.

I'm still very interested if anyone has some scientific basis for Solo being better health wise because of this. Otherwise, I fear we may be driving concerned folks away from this excellent vape if it really is not an issue worth concern. Not much else about Solo negative 'out there'?

I suspect if such legitimate evidence existed, in this competitive market some maker would be trumpeting their superior design. Suits (Sales types) have never been shy to press such issues. Airzer is OK with bragging and all, but no real documentation of the risks I've been able to find.

Thanks. Regards to all. Now to celebrate the New Year with my Solo II......if I can find where I set it down last night. Very nice to not worry about the charge level, I can't possibly have run it flat yesterday.......

OF

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I'm not 100% convinced it's unwarranted, but strongly suspect so. Which is why I asked if anyone had any specific evidence here.

Arizer seems to have taken this concern to heart, perhaps only because 'the market is demanding it'? After all they 'caved' to demand with 'use while charging'. I'm sure it helps the sales efforts to be seen as on top of the issue, real or not WRT to health. That is feeding a 'my dog is better than your's' theme I think is involved. That is 'my vape is superior to your's because it has the isolated vapor path', even if not the Holy Grail of 'isolated air path'.

I'm still very interested if anyone has some scientific basis for Solo being better health wise because of this. Otherwise, I fear we may be driving concerned folks away from this excellent vape if it really is not an issue worth concern. Not much else about Solo negative 'out there'?

I suspect if such legitimate evidence existed, in this competitive market some maker would be trumpeting their superior design. Suits (Sales types) have never been shy to press such issues. Airzer is OK with bragging and all, but no real documentation of the risks I've been able to find.

Thanks. Regards to all. Now to celebrate the New Year with my Solo II......if I can find where I set it down last night. Very nice to not worry about the charge level, I can't possibly have run it flat yesterday.......

OF
Great points as usual, @OF. I hope you have a spectacular day with your Solo II. I am currently in Ecuador but brought mine with me. Just hope I can find some better weed than this Colombian compress shit! ...it's actually not too bad.

Happy New Year, Sir.

OF

Great points as usual, @OF. I hope you have a spectacular day with your Solo II. I am currently in Ecuador but brought mine with me. Just hope I can find some better weed than this Colombian compress shit! ...it's actually not too bad.

Happy New Year, Sir.

Thanks very much! Same to you and your's. We live in exciting times for sure.

Sorry about the local weed situation, you'd think a country enlightened enough to put their capitol on Latitude Zero would have that covered better? Look what big deal the Brits make of 'the Prime Meridian' in Greenwich......and that's a made up place on the globe...... Then again, look at which side of the road they drive on.

OF

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Thanks very much! Same to you and your's. We live in exciting times for sure.

Sorry about the local weed situation, you'd think a country enlightened enough to put their capitol on Latitude Zero would have that covered better? Look what big deal the Brits make of 'the Prime Meridian' in Greenwich......and that's a made up place on the globe...... Then again, look at which side of the road they drive on.

OF
Ha! Those crazy Brits.

WildChild,
Reactions: OF

OF

Ha! Those crazy Brits.

Fer sure, yet we pinched their language? Funny spellings, irregular verbs and all. How smart does that make us?

Did you know we came very close to adopting German instead? Folks wanted a clean split with the mother country I'm told. Think of how that might have worked out.....street names long enough to tell the family history of the first guy to build a house?

OF

uncanni

I just consider the MV1 (and a couple of other 'high end' vapes that look great) extremely high maintenance. But some folks like these rituals and don't mind the extra work. this vape is not just for beginners. It provides reliable medication for seasoned users as well. Without fancy apps, looking like a sci-fi prop or with a bunch of silicone and plastic parts involved.
Happy New Year!

And a happy NY to you too! In response to what you wrote above: I feel so foolish for buying into the hype about the MV1 last year, but I didn't know any better. With all of this new technology, as well as with this new Canna-capitalistic boom, CAVEAT EMPTOR: Let the buyer beware.

The technology explosion is fabulous to an old hippie like me: Whod'a ever thought that I'd end up being a Cannabis connoisieur, growing my own and curing it to perfection? I'm amazed by all that I've learned.

So it's taken me a few $hundred here and there to learn that it's up to me to 1. totally educate myself as best I can; 2. distinguish between over-expensive hype and a solid record of experience (like Arizer has); and take all vape reviews with a grain of salt.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
And a happy NY to you too! In response to what you wrote above: I feel so foolish for buying into the hype about the MV1 last year, but I didn't know any better. With all of this new technology, as well as with this new Canna-capitalistic boom, CAVEAT EMPTOR: Let the buyer beware.

The technology explosion is fabulous to an old hippie like me: Whod'a ever thought that I'd end up being a Cannabis connoisieur, growing my own and curing it to perfection? I'm amazed by all that I've learned.

So it's taken me a few $hundred here and there to learn that it's up to me to 1. totally educate myself as best I can; 2. distinguish between over-expensive hype and a solid record of experience (like Arizer has); and take all vape reviews with a grain of salt.

You are not alone in having forked out $ for a unit you thought would be perfect. I, too, made a couple of choices in the past I regretted.

I think you bring up a good point. I am older than most here as well. Perhaps my aversion to the new tech is simply age related. I just feel it's still in the beta stage in many cases. But I do thank the early adopters for educating us.

I know a lot of folks LOVE their MV1s. Always feels good to have a vape that checks all your boxes.

OF

I know a lot of folks LOVE their MV1s. Always feels good to have a vape that checks all your boxes.

You raise a couple of good points, I especially like the last one above. The important boxes to check are your's, not someone else's. Even most or even all others. It's a personal thing, in the end you're the guy to please. A danger exists in putting too much faith in what you read.

In the end Mae West famously summed it up, "Ya pays your money and makes your choice". I don't think she was talking about vapes, but the point remains. Hopefully it's an informed choice, but you have to take it?

I too could have bought a lot of that lovely herb on the top shelf instead of the vapes I no longer use. Life is like that, ain't that grand?

OF

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Just following up on my post at the top of this page, from Arizer today:

Sorry for the confusion about the Solo II airpath, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. The Solo II does in fact have an isolated airpath. This omission from our wholesale catalog is an oversight and I'll make sure we have this updated in the Q2 catalog.​

Please note that we stand behind the quality, performance, and safety of all of our products -- isolated airpath or not. An Isolated Airpath was added to our newer models in response to consumer feedback requesting it for peace-of-mind.
So that clears that up. Sorry for any confusion I created around the post, just was confused myself and appreciate Arizer's clarity on this moving forward. They've also been ISO 9001:2015 certified since 2017 but just started to let the market know.

sickmanfraud

An Isolated Airpath was added to our newer models in response to consumer feedback requesting it for peace-of-mind.

So the early adopters got to pay full fare and the first however many, were without isolated airpath?

I am usually wary of new products, but I figured Arizer......

sickmanfraud,

kalel

There's a lot of interesting 'isolated air path' discussion going on. While I understand this is very important to some, and there's no doubt a sales advantage to claiming it as a feature, I was wondering if anyone can give me a reason why it should be a concern? What, specifically, is the hazard?

I'm sitting here with a computer more or less in front of me with a fan blowing heated air that passes over a lot more circuitry (and the fraction of the air that might pass over the PCB in a Solo is cold). And the TV has huge vents spewing the same sort of air into the room I spend a lot of time in.

I've heard no documented health concerns from such sources, has anyone? What is it we're afraid of?

Anyone know what the problem is? Why should we fear vapes and not computers and other equipment? More importantly can give a reference.

TIA

OF

I think it's common sense. We don't usually put our mouths up to our computers, or TVs and breathe deeply into our lungs like we do with a vaporizer. Directly and indirectly. That's the big difference.

And yes I have heard documented health concerns from heating up material (plastics, metals, different compounds) and breathing it in.

As for reference do a search on Google, you will find a lot of info linking to medical research into fumes from heating elements and from air passing over electronics and breathing directly in.

OF

We don't usually put our mouths up to our computers, or TVs and breathe deeply into our lungs like we do with a vaporizer. Directly and indirectly. That's the big difference.

And yes I have heard documented health concerns from heating up material (plastics, metals, different compounds) and breathing it in.

No, from a health POV it's not a difference. Over time, poisonous vapors would be breathed in and be absorbed. This is why legitimate health threats are rated for long term exposure (typically an 8 hour shift since they're often employment rated) in addition to the PPM levels involved. Taste, of course, is a different matter. But my question is 'if toxic fumes come from the PCB in a given vape, why not from the much bigger boards we live around?".

Exposure is exposure.

Of course there are toxic issues with overheating many materials, or the vague issue with vapes would make no sense. I've researched this area (specifically PCB) for a long time now. Since I worked for many years with vacuum systems (very sensitive to contamination by off gassing) I know for certain that there is trivial off gassing going on there in most cases. I'm looking for data relevant to vapes where materials are 'in spec', not abused.

Do you have a specific citation to back this up, if so please name it. TIA.

Sorry but I find it hilarious that people from a country with as many problems as yours want to bash us Brits. People in glass houses and all that!

Hey, chill a bit. Poking in fun? You do know I (a Yank) started this (I think), to be 'picked up' by an Aussie, the poster you take issue with "as many problems as yours" is a Cannuk (currently in Ecuador)? What do these 3 modern nationalities have in common?????

You evidently appreciate humor, "finding it hilarious" at times. Just a difference in 'sense of humor'?

This is humor, sorry if it offends you, it should not IMO.

OF

kalel

No, from a health POV it's not a difference. Over time, poisonous vapors would be breathed in and be absorbed. This is why legitimate health threats are rated for long term exposure (typically an 8 hour shift since they're often employment rated) in addition to the PPM levels involved. Taste, of course, is a different matter. But my question is 'if toxic fumes come from the PCB in a given vape, why not from the much bigger boards we live around?".

Exposure is exposure.

/QUOTE]

C'mon. There is a large difference between putting your mouth over an exhaust pipe on a car and sucking deeply into your lungs fumes vs walking around the streets of a city with vehicles buzzing around you.

Yes you will be exposed to fumes in the air, that's a guarantee but nowhere close to directly having your mouth over a tube where fumes are directly coming out and have no chance of escaping into the atmosphere.

That's the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

C'mon. There is a large difference between putting your mouth over an exhaust pipe on a car and sucking deeply into your lungs fumes vs walking around the streets of a city with vehicles buzzing around you.

Yes, there is. But the correct analogy here is sitting in the running car in a closed garage? Right?

Any verifiable evidence of health issues in vapes? If they existed I suspect they'd be no trouble to find since makers with truly isolated air paths would trumpet the advantage over 'other vapes that damage your health'?

OF

Tranquility

Evidence would be easy to find, if one had a big enough check.

https://www.element.com/product-qualification-testing-services/vacuum-bake-out

Bake the vape and see the off-gassing potential. At least we might get some actual results and know what chemicals could possibly be in the path. We then look to standard safety sheets on the chemicals found to see the risk.

That being said, my introductory post mentioned (as a lad) I've *smoked* weed that appeared to have rat droppings in it through a rolled aluminium foil "pipe". (Roll a tube of foil around a pencil a few times, remove it and bend it.) That can't have been good.

Tranquility,

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I gifted my OG Solo and Air to my daughter's boyfriend who loved them, and because I just got a custom wood vape. But of course the very next day I got a BOGO offer from Arizer and couldn't pass it up. I got the Solo 2 and the Air for a good price. And VAS runs deep. It also seemed odd to have a nice vape collection without an Arizer product. So...

Anything new I should look for in the 2? I know I'll get longer battery life and quicker heat-up. But what's the skinny on the 'custom session only from Arizer"?

I also just ordered a 3D Flow stem from 420EDC. Been wanting one of those for a while.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Sorry but I find it hilarious that people from a country with as many problems as yours want to bash us Brits. People in glass houses and all that!
I think you took this the wrong way. As a Canadian, I have the utmost respect for other cultures...and MANY British friends. This was not meant as an insult. And yes, we certainly do have lots of crazy things happening in my country as well. We are all in this shit parade together.

I do, however, apologize for upsetting you. Not intended.

Enjoy your Solo II!

Exposure is exposure.

Of course there are toxic issues with overheating many materials, or the vague issue with vapes would make no sense. I've researched this area (specifically PCB) for a long time now. Since I worked for many years with vacuum systems (very sensitive to contamination by off gassing) I know for certain that there is trivial off gassing going on there in most cases. I'm looking for data relevant to vapes where materials are 'in spec', not abused.

Do you have a specific citation to back this up, if so please name it. TIA.

Hey, chill a bit. Poking in fun? You do know I (a Yank) started this (I think), to be 'picked up' by an Aussie, the poster you take issue with "as many problems as yours" is a Cannuk (currently in Ecuador)? What do these 3 modern nationalities have in common?????

You evidently appreciate humor, "finding it hilarious" at times. Just a difference in 'sense of humor'?

This is humor, sorry if it offends you, it should not IMO.

OF
+1. Everything you said, my friend. I really enjoy your posts. Thanks.

Darn...double post. Sorry Mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
WildChild,

OF

Evidence would be easy to find, if one had a big enough check.

https://www.element.com/product-qualification-testing-services/vacuum-bake-out

Bake the vape and see the off-gassing potential. At least we might get some actual results and know what chemicals could possibly be in the path. We then look to standard safety sheets on the chemicals found to see the risk.

That being said, my introductory post mentioned (as a lad) I've *smoked* weed that appeared to have rat droppings in it through a rolled aluminium foil "pipe". (Roll a tube of foil around a pencil a few times, remove it and bend it.) That can't have been good.

I'm well aware of such gear, having run many in a misspent youth. But that's another animal, we're neither guilty of baking the entire vape, nor collecting molecules in a vacuum system for analysis. My question remains 'does anyone have documentation of actual health risks from 'non isolated' vapes in normal use?'. Is there a legitimate health concern we should heed? I suspect that has been done, probably many times, with no results found worth reporting. For sure in today's heated anti vape culture (based on black market THC carts, many actually 'Spice' and other counterfeits, filled with Vitamin E Acetate (up to 80%) so it will vape.....poison), there would be lots of lovely Government Grant bucks if it could be shown?

I'm sure most of us have smoked some scary stuff in the past, but that's no reason to carry on or stand by while others follow. Combustion is bad, fatal often. Many of the rest, who claim they've never done that, are no doubt lying.....which is why it took CDC so long to confirm the source. About half the patients denied ever vaping black market THC when confronted with the test evidence from their very own lungs.

Thanks for the thoughts. Surely some out gassing happens, but is it a legitimate health concern?

Regards to all.

OF

Top Bottom