Arizer Solo II

mrlaroo

So been on the vape since 2003/4 winter season and have been rocking the vape brothers box with a double perc. I had the MFLB, didn't like it. So held off on portable vapes as I don't get what I can from my desktop setup. Don't get me wrong I have a batt source and bring that thing everywhere I go. So I need a vape for the chairlifts, few questions.
1. I am looking for what can produce the best tasting of all port vapes
2. I can't find what the heating element is on the solo 2, ceramic?
3.I am in between this and the boundless cfx.
4. Will I be disappointed with my purchase? My buddy has the divinchi and I don't know if he doesn't clean it or not but it taste like crap.
5. Also what is the best and smallest water attachment I can get for it, was looking at the The Scope 14mm Bubbler Mouthpiece
Thanks for any input

Manity

So been on the vape since 2003/4 winter season and have been rocking the vape brothers box with a double perc. I had the MFLB, didn't like it. So held off on portable vapes as I don't get what I can from my desktop setup. Don't get me wrong I have a batt source and bring that thing everywhere I go. So I need a vape for the chairlifts, few questions.
4. Will I be disappointed with my purchase? My buddy has the divinchi and I don't know if he doesn't clean it or not but it taste like crap.
5. Also what is the best and smallest water attachment I can get for it, was looking at the The Scope 14mm Bubbler Mouthpiece
Thanks for any input

I've had 4 CFX units under warranty... I'd go Solo 2

Gigsabits53

Thanks for any input
I have a CFX and just purchased a Solo II. The CFX is just an ok vape for me. I tend not to like vapes that have an oven that seems to always cook your weed. It was the 1st vape I ever bought and it was before I found this place. What I like about the Solo is the stem system. I just think it's a better delivery system.

NizzyJones

Yeah, I haven't payed super close attention to these but it seems like it was a first production run problem.

I've had the OG Air for about a year now and the BF sales convinced me to try out the Solo II. Just got my first session in with it last night and WOW :razz:. I expected some marginal improvements in air flow since I have one of the newer OGs with the drilled depressions around the air intakes but it was pretty significant. Maybe I've been over-packing the Air. I bumped the session timer up to 15m when I was setting it up so I may be wrong but I feel like the Solo II is killing a bowl faster than the Air too.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
@NizzyJones same here almost

I owned a solo1 (my first real vape) and it is indeed already more powerfull than air IMeE.

Hope solo2 will be as loved as my solo was before dying and maybe better airpath of solo2 will prevent reclaim to condense on on electrical (it was the case with my solo and I believe it was related to failure - have to tell : I used it a lot on a orbiter bubbler and never cared to lift my solo to avoid blowback, so its my fault in the end)

StringTheorista

Just ran across a post elsewhere saying the Fury 2 dosing capsules work in the Solo 2 stems, thought that might interest someone here ;-)
Not a concentrate user myself, but this makes me wonder if the healthy rips concentrate pads for the fury 2 would work unmodified in the solo stem too?

Waiting on delivery of my Solo II. Ordered the black. Wish I’d come here first as there is *so* much love for the mystic blue, but I’m sure the carbon black will be cool, too.

@Dynavaper, is your Ed’s stem lined with steel or is the vapor exposed to the wood? Can you taste wood in the vapor? (VAS is real, don’t even have the solo in hand yet and I’m plotting its accessories...)

Last edited:

Gigsabits53

My Solo II from PIU came in today. Always nice getting a package from them. I have done four 15 minute burn offs and currently it is charging. I will have a session with it tonight before bed and report back with my thoughts. Looks to me like I will probably want a coarser grind for this vape. I'm guessing a fine grind would leave me with a few scooby snacks during the inhale. I will slap on the coarse plate for my Gr8tr and see what that gives me.

I'm looking forward to trying it out. I have wanted one of these for a long time. :)
I also bought the gong and the curved black stem so I'm loaded with options for the new guy!!

Marcus

Hi folks,

I've had my solo2 for a few days now and I'm finding it to be perfect for my kind of use.

I have a question though, my unit doesn't beep when at temperature, does everyone else's not do this?
It beeps on start up and shut off, but not when temp is reached.
Not a problem, but I set it going and then waddle off to do something and forget all about it thanks to it's silence. :doh:

:lol:

Gigsabits53

Well I had a few sessions with my new Solo II and my impression so far is not great.:(

I dont seem to be getting much vapor, even at the highest temp setting. The bud is a coarse grind.
One thing, I'm not filling the stem full. I would say half full is what I have been using. Do I need to
use more weed in the stem? Can't think that would make much of a difference but who knows??

OF

Woo hoo, it’s here! Let the burn offs begin!

Cool. And while I understand the urge to jump in, fully charging (even 'overcharging for a few hours) is much better for the battery before a heavy (heating) load is applied. Once that first serious load (use or 'burn in') any advantage is lost.

The advice of many makers of vapes (and makers of Li-ion 'batteries') to fully charge first is based on this idea of getting maximum possible capacity (sessions per charge) and life (until the battery pack or unit needs replacement from 'wearing out'). They cynical make the point that those who don't so advise will be more than happy to sell you a replacement all the sooner........

Ironically, after that first charge, best battery pack life happens if you stop charging a bit early. Stopping at 90% (a session or so early) will DOUBLE the useful life of the pack. From a nominal 300 cycles to 600? Another 10% (stopping at 80) doubles it again! Twenty percent sacrifice in run time for FOUR TIMES longer service? If you're not around to stop at 90%, fine, that one doesn't cost/gain anything. But every time you do 'the next recharge is for free'. As every your call, after all you bought it. Just some free advice you might want to consider?

Some good reading here for those inclined (notice the stuff around table 4):
https://batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Regards to all.

OF

StringTheorista

Cool. And while I understand the urge to jump in, fully charging (even 'overcharging for a few hours) is much better for the battery before a heavy (heating) load is applied. Once that first serious load (use or 'burn in') any advantage is lost.

The advice of many makers of vapes (and makers of Li-ion 'batteries') to fully charge first is based on this idea of getting maximum possible capacity (sessions per charge) and life (until the battery pack or unit needs replacement from 'wearing out'). They cynical make the point that those who don't so advise will be more than happy to sell you a replacement all the sooner........

Ironically, after that first charge, best battery pack life happens if you stop charging a bit early. Stopping at 90% (a session or so early) will DOUBLE the useful life of the pack. From a nominal 300 cycles to 600? Another 10% (stopping at 80) doubles it again! Twenty percent sacrifice in run time for FOUR TIMES longer service? If you're not around to stop at 90%, fine, that one doesn't cost/gain anything. But every time you do 'the next recharge is for free'. As every your call, after all you bought it. Just some free advice you might want to consider?

Some good reading here for those inclined (notice the stuff around table 4):
https://batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Regards to all.

OF
Great advice, thanks. It actually arrived 50% charged and I did charge it fully before I started burning off. Do you have a recommendation for how many cycles I should put it through to consider it ready to use?

OF

Do you have a recommendation for how many cycles I should put it through to consider it ready to use?

I assume you mean burn off cycles? Tough call, some guys have 'abnormally sensitive' sense of smell (some guys smell very bad indeed......). That has a lot to do with it. Also I think there's some randomness in how clean they (or any vape?) is out of the box as individuals. I have two Solo IIs (the new one from PIU as insurance against the first suddenly coming up with a fault code). Both got an ISO wipe out first. The first seemed 'odor free' to me after the first run, I gave it a second and then loaded up IIRC. The second had no smell/taste even before the first cycle ended (at 10 minutes IIRC, now it's 12 like Solo I), so I loaded it up once cool.

Stems get washed first, but can be pretty fouled before I clean them.

Almost all stems have domed screens so capacity is between .125 and .100 grams, give of take.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/200981331675?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

OF

StringTheorista

I assume you mean burn off cycles? Tough call, some guys have 'abnormally sensitive' sense of smell (some guys smell very bad indeed......). That has a lot to do with it. Also I think there's some randomness in how clean they (or any vape?) is out of the box as individuals. I have two Solo IIs (the new one from PIU as insurance against the first suddenly coming up with a fault code). Both got an ISO wipe out first. The first seemed 'odor free' to me after the first run, I gave it a second and then loaded up IIRC. The second had no smell/taste even before the first cycle ended (at 10 minutes IIRC, now it's 12 like Solo I), so I loaded it up once cool.

Stems get washed first, but can be pretty fouled before I clean them.

Almost all stems have domed screens so capacity is between .125 and .100 grams, give of take.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/200981331675?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

OF
Thank you, that is what I meant. Washed all my stems, smell nothing in the unit. Did one 10 min at 400F so far, maybe I’ll do a couple more because no harm in it...
OF, you seem to be the resident wise man here. Thank you for freely sharing what you know. This forum is really something!

OF

OF, you seem to be the resident wise man here. Thank you for freely sharing what you know. This forum is really something!

Not so sure about that, although I've been called a 'wise guy' on occasion, I don't think it was meant as a compliment.....

FWIW, I try to give the reasoning behind my perspective. Then folks can better decide for themselves. In the end the goal has to be informed decisions?

Your welcome, glad it's helpful. Always glad to help when I can, like many others. That's the goal of course, lots of good folks with solid advice to offer, you're dead right about FC.......an exceptional place due to exceptional folks and the Mods keeping it in line.

Regards to all.

OF

hans solo

Left coast Canada
Well I had a few sessions with my new Solo II and my impression so far is not great.:(

I dont seem to be getting much vapor, even at the highest temp setting. The bud is a coarse grind.
One thing, I'm not filling the stem full. I would say half full is what I have been using. Do I need to
use more weed in the stem? Can't think that would make much of a difference but who knows??
Coarse grind light tamp curve of the fingertip should indent the surface.
Test the load by drawing on the tube there should be no resistance.

Da Yooper

Sasquatch Approved
Hi All. Been lurking for a little bit and decided to become an active poster of this awesome forum.
'lil bit 'bout myself, been vaping for 8 years. Started smoking something like 40 years ago (i think) and killed quite a few brain cells along the way.:rofl:

Started vaping with a Vapolution 2 which was an awesome vape that was a glass on glass which was
really tasty and meager with the flower. when I decided to go portable it was a no brainer to go with the Solo line; they both had glass stems and knew the taste would be there. I currently own both the OG and II and waiting on opening up my NLE come Christmas (wifey wont let me open it). I love my Solo's. to me they are the best tasting, easy to use and to clean vape I could ask for at the moment. I also own a FF2 thinking the taste would be better, I couldn't tell the difference and the FF2 is a PIA to clean so now all I use are my Solo's.

I want to thank everyone in advance for all the great tips and info I'm sure i will learn and hopefully add a bit of my own knowledge to the mix.

Thanks,
Da Yooper

Top Bottom