Arizer Solo II

SaturnIII

Hi everyone! Got my Solo2 about six weeks ago. My first vape as I am a new medical user. It’s been a very steep learning curve, from purchasing from dispensaries, to figuring out what to do with it once I had it.

The first day I got my card, I went the cone joint route. After 7 days of joint smoking, I was ready for my first vape. Joints were disgusting at best. I just wasn’t man enough I guess... I’ve never smoked cigarettes or anything, so I think by day 3 i was ready to puke. Then my Solo2 arrived.

I love my Solo2, it’s a workhorse and I use it up to 10x per day for chronic pain, spasms, insomnia, etc... After 30 years of getting 4-5 hours of broken sleep, that is no longer an issue as MK Ultra at high temp lets me sleep 8 hours like a champion. That’s one of many things it has helped. It has been life altering in the best way.

I started by doing everything wrong, packed the stems tight, overflowing them with weed, not letting it heat soak, etc, but thanks to this forum I eventually figured out how to get flawless extraction every time.

The only issue I’m having is at the end of the day, as I start going higher with the temps, my throat is really taking a beating. I know there is lots of different ways to add water to the mix, but how would you suggest I proceed? At this point I’m only using dry flower.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hi everyone! Got my Solo2 about six weeks ago. My first vape as I am a new medical user. It’s been a very steep learning curve, from purchasing from dispensaries, to figuring out what to do with it once I had it.

The first day I got my card, I went the cone joint route. After 7 days of joint smoking, I was ready for my first vape. Joints were disgusting at best. I just wasn’t man enough I guess... I’ve never smoked cigarettes or anything, so I think by day 3 i was ready to puke. Then my Solo2 arrived.

I love my Solo2, it’s a workhorse and I use it up to 10x per day for chronic pain, spasms, insomnia, etc... After 30 years of getting 4-5 hours of broken sleep, that is no longer an issue as MK Ultra at high temp lets me sleep 8 hours like a champion. That’s one of many things it has helped. It has been life altering in the best way.

I started by doing everything wrong, packed the stems tight, overflowing them with weed, not letting it heat soak, etc, but thanks to this forum I eventually figured out how to get flawless extraction every time.

The only issue I’m having is at the end of the day, as I start going higher with the temps, my throat is really taking a beating. I know there is lots of different ways to add water to the mix, but how would you suggest I proceed? At this point I’m only using dry flower.
Go to your local headshop and purchase any sort of bubbler if you want it right away, or order online or from china for cheep at dhgate. Less filtration, more flavor is a good rule of thumb. Most vape users do not prefer your typical "bong" style, but a bubbler instead. You can basically google bong and bubbler and visually see the differences.

Either 18mm or 14mm is fine. Whichever you purchase, buy the equivalent sizes water adapter from Arizer. If you didn't know, 18mm or 14mm is the joint size. Basically all glass connects together using adapters and the universal sizes are mostly 14mm / 18mm.

Also, there are retailers that sell a stem that has a bubbler built into it specifically for the Arizer vapes. . This will add some moisture and make the vapor not as harsh.

OF

Hi everyone! Got my Solo2 about six weeks ago.

First off, Howdy! Welcome to the Forum, lots of good folks with experience to share around here as you've already discovered. Great first post/introduction, hope to 'hear more from you' in the future.

I think you've correctly summed up the situation. By the end of the day your throat can already be pretty raw, not a good time for increased temperatures and some of the harsher parts of the herb they produce. Cooling and more moisture is definitely in order.

As has been stated, places like PIU offer special stems for this, perhaps the easiest route:
https://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Air-Solo-H2O-Filtration-Stem-p/qtqc.solo-bubb.htm
https://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Air-Solo-Long-H2O-Filtration-Stem-p/qctq.airsol2-bubb_l.htm

The longer one is harder to carry, but gives better results. I'd suggest ordering one right now, Randy (at PIU) is legendary for fast shipments and top notch Customer Service, not to mention being a strong supporter of these Forums. Order today and you'll have it before Friday.

A neat feature of this type is the water traps built in. Correctly filled they don't leak. You can lay them on their side, even carry them upside down in a pocket with safety. Pretty cool.

If you have one of the short, plastic topped stems for Solo they are sized to fit in 'industry standard' 14mm GonG fittings (female, of course). GonG is 'Glass on Glass', as the name implies a seal less scheme used in 'bubblers', Water Pipes and such. Otherwise you need a 'GonG adapter' that has a 'Solo bowl' on it.

A simple 'fix' you can try today is to stuff a damp pipe cleaner (cotton and metal only, not the ones with plastic fibers) into the top end of the stem. Cotton is fine at these temperatures. All cotton string and even strips of old tee shirts carefully snaked down work. They cool the vapor and add moisture like a bubbler does. You just need to keep them damp (a buzz kill for sure).

Guys also sip water or juice between hits to keep their mouth moist.

Long term you might want to explore eatables as a partial source of consumption that has no effect on your throat. Doses last longer (say six hours?) but are typically a bit larger (say maybe 30 mg or so?). Many of us MMJ types do this to establish a 'base' and only take vapor as needed to boost the level a bit. It takes an hour or more to have effect, be patient. Guys often get anxious and take more too soon.

Just a couple of ideas to consider, you seem to be perfectly capable of sorting it all out alone eventually. I mean you found MMJ, dispensaries, Solo and us, right?

Best wishes on your continued successes.

OF

hans solo

Left coast Canada
I hit mine through a ice bong with a little water,does a nice job of cooling the vapor.
It is a bit of effort to rig up and keep clean so mostly I just use a 110mm stem.
My solution to minimize coughing is to lightly vape at 338F and end the session
at the first hint of the burnt popcorn taste.You get the benefits of the best attributes of your herb and
the added bonus of generating really potent ABV that you can turn into tinctures and edibles.

caliganja420

I hit mine through a ice bong with a little water,does a nice job of cooling the vapor.
It is a bit of effort to rig up and keep clean so mostly I just use a 110mm stem.
My solution to minimize coughing is to lightly vape at 338F and end the session
at the first hint of the burnt popcorn taste.You get the benefits of the best attributes of your herb and
the added bonus of generating really potent ABV that you can turn into tinctures and edibles.

Wow 338 is damn low, THC is barely even releasing! I guess to each his own

GtrBob

my throat is really taking a beating.

Mine too.

I'm down to 365F and try to remember to quit hitting that load after 2 to 4 sessions [is that the word?].
Save it, [swallow a pinch for bedtime or whatever].

You might blow yr throat if you keep after those last resins. Esp. 10X a day.

Great advice above: ice cubes, quit earlier, and edibles to give yr body a THC level to build on.

Last edited:

SaturnIII

Thanks for all the helpful info and tips, suggestions. I was very fortunate to stumble into this place!

I will order that longer bubbler from PIU asap. I’ll see how that does me and go from there. I know there’s lots of water options, and when I tried to make sense of it all I kinda got overwhelmed.

Speaking of edibles... Guess what I found out on day one at the dispensary? Edibles are illegal for dispensaries to sell in Delaware! They said I can make my own legally though. It’s on my list to sort that out too. I bought a couple of tinctures, but have yet to try them.

I love my Solo2. Once I learned to pull very slow, not fill the stem full, and not pack it tight, I was amazed at how even my abv was colored. Of course the taste improved greatly as well. Before I was burning the front of the entire load on a regular basis. I just thought it was normal, and still tasted better than joints..

Edit: Just ordered the long bubbler stem from PIU. Can’t wait to try that out! Thanks again!!

Last edited:

hans solo

Left coast Canada
Try a nug in the stem depending on nug shape and degree of sticky it is always a fun experience.
It amazes me that the nugs come out fully baked you can crumble them between your finger tips!

hans solo,
Reactions: arb

AJS

Calm Consistency
Anyone use the Solo 2 with oil?

I've been absolutely loving an oil sandwich lately.

Currently, I have packed some tasty white buffalo flower, ontop of that I drop a glob of Dogwalker distillate, then pick some more flower. Makes for an amazing, potent, long sesh. Very enjoyable.

hrmowi.jpg

Phew! I finally finished reading through all 122 pages of this thread :) I’ve been in the market for a vape and after doing a comparison on the 4 I figured would fit my needs, I’d pretty much decided on the Solo II or the Argo. Stopped by my local smoke shop today and had them in stock. When I asked about what happens if I get one of the dreaded error messages, he told me that all I’d have to do is bring it back to him for a simple swap out....no need for me to send it to Arizer and be without my vape. That sealed the deal! I’m now the proud owner of a Solo II....my very first vape!

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
Phew! I finally finished reading through all 122 pages of this thread :) I’ve been in the market for a vape and after doing a comparison on the 4 I figured would fit my needs, I’d pretty much decided on the Solo II or the Argo. Stopped by my local smoke shop today and had them in stock. When I asked about what happens if I get one of the dreaded error messages, he told me that all I’d have to do is bring it back to him for a simple swap out....no need for me to send it to Arizer and be without my vape. That sealed the deal! I’m now the proud owner of a Solo II....my very first vape!

Great choice! Can’t go wrong with either Solo1 or 2...Enjoy

ejackyou

Hamilton
You made two very good choices, to Vape and to buy the Solo II. I own a 'Two Hoots', a 'Plenty' a 'Mighty', the 'Q' and the Solo II, still my favorite. One nice thing too, is that You don't need to 'grind', handy for portability

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I use my Solo II for several weeks now and it has easily become one of my absolute and eternal TOP3 devices when it comes to portable vaporizers. I am very, very satisfied with it and only regret not having bought one earlier. Fantastic battery life, well built, fast heat up time, strong heater and exactly the type of vapor that I like. Could not be happier.

But two (minor) things annoy me and maybe one of you has a solution for me:

1.) Most of my stems (besides the black aftermarket ones) don't fit firm and tight. I am used to that by my e-Nano and it's not a showstopper, but I would prefer them fitting tighter. Any ideas besides "teflon" tape?

2.) The whole device is built like a tank. All is solid and well engineered. Great materials and quality. But the button for turning the heat up and down and to switch it on and off is wobbly. It feels cheap. It makes slight sounds while moving. It that really a general thing with all Solo II devices? It yes: Doesn't that annoy you a bit, too? Have you found a way to somehow mitigate that a bit? Or is my Solo just a special snowflake?

Don't get me wrong - Those two "issues" are first world problems given that the Solo II is so great overall. But fixing these two quirks would make it the perfect vape for me. Thanks a lot for your input in advance!

Kind regards
Dynavaper

arb

Semi shaved ape
My buttons are like that also.........no worries.
The play in stems really varies from unit to unit and stem to stem I can find no consistency there.
All work be they loose or tight.........lolz.

ejackyou

Hamilton
My Stem fits very snug, I only use the standard one that comes with unit, any aftermarket ones
could vary, I suppose. Also I always remove stem right after using, while still hot, maybe leaving
to cool would help deform the receptacle? The buttons are also very solid and high quality?
I'd send it back to them!

OF

My buttons are like that also.........no worries.
The play in stems really varies from unit to unit and stem to stem I can find no consistency there.
All work be they loose or tight.........lolz.

Tight stems is not a feature of Solo thay advertised or support (they won't replace the unit under warranty?). They don't consider loose stems a problem on Solo I and it seems II as well.

The way Solo I seals (different from Air and Solo II) got loose over time (to the point the bent stems rotated) is what got me to come up with the o-ring fix years back. To grip tightly enough to stop the stem from rotating. Despite careful warning guys went nuts with the idea (go figure.....) trying to turn the stem into a handle it seemed. Until they started breaking the tabs off the bases (which can't be replaced since they have the s/n. Afterwards I came to regret having posted about it........

It got even crazier when Arizer decided to make the caps thinner (meaning a bigger gap to fill needing a 'fatter' ring). Their call, of course.

That option is still open (a soft ring between oven and top to grip the stem on the ID), carefully fitted. But I no longer recommend it because guys ignored the caution to fit carefully and went straight to 'I read it on the web'.

OF

SaturnIII

Hey guys, I got my long stem bubbler from PIU today. I’ve used it a few sessions and, it was a logical first choice to try water, but my gut feeling is, this is not something I want to use everyday. Don’t get me wrong, it works perfectly. Very effective on my throat.

I guess I’ll order that Arizer GonG adapter and try to figure out what I want to plug that into.

caliganja420

Hey guys, I got my long stem bubbler from PIU today. I’ve used it a few sessions and, it was a logical first choice to try water, but my gut feeling is, this is not something I want to use everyday. Don’t get me wrong, it works perfectly. Very effective on my throat.

I guess I’ll order that Arizer GonG adapter and try to figure out what I want to plug that into.

You got the one piece stem? Those arent that good.
You need to get a 14mm wpa for the solo and a 14mm bubbler.
I use this daily and it spews out vapor like my EVO
Its beautiful
Link: https://m.dhgate.com/product/mouthpiece-stem-water-bubbler-14mm-with-glass/393988277.html#pd-019

You got the one piece stem? Those arent that good.
You need to get a 14mm wpa for the solo and a 14mm bubbler.
I use this daily and it spews out vapor like my EVO
Its beautiful
Link: https://m.dhgate.com/product/mouthpiece-stem-water-bubbler-14mm-with-glass/393988277.html#pd-019
I second this.
That one from puffitup is ok but IMO is not very thick glass and is nearly impossible to keep clean.

It also has those notches I believe which I’m not a big fan of.

OF

That one from puffitup is ok but IMO is not very thick glass and is nearly impossible to keep clean.

Perhaps 'nearly impossible' with some techniques, but a 'rock simple, no brainer' around here. I attach a plastic funnel (maybe 4 inches in diameter) to the bottom with a piece of silicone tube and put it in the silverware tray in the dishwasher. Stem upside down.

Hot detergent laden water collects in the funnel and drains out through the stem into the pan for 20 minutes, followed by a rinse. Comes out squeaky clean, the dishwasher does all the work, it takes less than two minutes of my time.

PBW does a great job in a jar but you have to shake that from time to time. An option if you don't have a dishwasher handy. The dishwasher takes care of that. If it can clean dirty 'pots and pans', a little condensate in a glass tube is almost trivial.......

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

ISO and salt is not the answer IMO.

OF

Perhaps 'nearly impossible' with some techniques, but a 'rock simple, no brainer' around here. I attach a plastic funnel (maybe 4 inches in diameter) to the bottom with a piece of silicone tube and put it in the silverware tray in the dishwasher. Stem upside down.

Hot detergent laden water collects in the funnel and drains out through the stem into the pan for 20 minutes, followed by a rinse. Comes out squeaky clean, the dishwasher does all the work, it takes less than two minutes of my time.

PBW does a great job in a jar but you have to shake that from time to time. An option if you don't have a dishwasher handy. The dishwasher takes care of that. If it can clean dirty 'pots and pans', a little condensate in a glass tube is almost trivial.......

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

ISO and salt is not the answer IMO.

OF
Yeah that’s too involved for me lol
It’s just a hassle IMO and it has to be cleaned often.

I could see it being useful for on the go vaping but if you’re at home you may as well just use a regular bubbler

Top Bottom