Arizer Solo II

GtrBob

You def. can mix it back up., extract more 'high' the next few draws.
You have to keep the cup upwards so's not to spill.

I'm on the other end of the scale [throat burned out over the years].
I run mine at about 370 degrees only, then wash down the abv pellet w/ lime aid or something.
Gets you high.

jpdnkstr

You def. can mix it back up., extract more 'high' the next few draws.
You have to keep the cup upwards so's not to spill.

I'm on the other end of the scale [throat burned out over the years].
I run mine at about 370 degrees only, then wash down the abv pellet w/ lime aid or something.
Gets you high.
Hell yeah! consuming the ABV pellet as well. no waste. My father-in-law is known for getting in the rotation of a doob and then eating it out of the blue(his lungs are bad also) everyone in the circle is like "what the heck, where'd the joint go?" it cracks me up every time.

hans solo

Left coast Canada
So I picked up some Afghan gold seal hash and was thinking what the best method of consumption would be.
I could drop in the chillum or the bong but I prefer to vape. I know you can nest it with some herb but I was wondering if you could drop it in a wpa on my solo 2 and run it through the ice bong. Since the screen in the wpa would be facing down any resin should not end up in the solo but will it gum up the wpa?

clukx

I just got an air 2 over the solo 2 because if the micro usb charging and removable battery, but im hearing the solo has much more vapor production.
Did i mske a mistake? My pax 3 seems to produce way more vapor.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Did i mske a mistake? My pax 3 seems to produce way more vapor.

No. You made no mistake. All good.

The cloud production of the Solo II, the Air II and the Argo are quite comparable. It's not that there is a big difference between them concerning this.
They mainly differ in form factor and battery concept. The main difference between the Solo II and the Air II (besides form factor) is that the Solo II has more power at hand to heat the oven faster. This might play a role if you mainly use it through a water tool, but is absolutely neglectable for normal usage. You won't feel it there, assuming that you are not pulling like crazy, exhaling super quickly and start pulling like crazy again.

And yes, the Pax 3 produces more vapor than the Arizers. Because it is 100% conduction. That's why your stuff also smells (and tastes) shittier by the end of the session in the Pax.

There is one thing that I have learned after going trough dozens of devices: It's not the vapor production that counts. Yes, we all love visible vapor, especially the ex-smokers, but - in fact - it is wasted stuff that should better get you high instead of being blown out.

Short version again: You made no mistake. All good.
And I am sure that you will love your Solo II after some time of usage!

Last edited:

clukx

No. You made no mistake. All good.

The cloud production of the Solo II, the Air II and the Argo are quite comparable. It's not that there is a big difference between them concerning this.
They mainly differ in form factor and battery concept. The main difference between the Solo II and the Air II (besides form factor) is that the Solo II has more power at hand to heat the oven faster. This might play a role if you mainly use it through a water tool, but is absolutely neglectable for normal usage. You won't feel it there, assuming that you are not pulling like crazy, exhaling super quickly and start pulling like crazy again.

And yes, the Pax 3 produces more vapor than the Arizers. Because it is 100% conduction. That's why your stuff also smells (and tastes) shittier by the end of the session in the Pax.

There is one thing that I have learned after going trough dozens of devices: It's not the vapor production that counts. Yes, we all love visible vapor, especially the ex-smokers, but - in fact - it is wasted stuff that should better get you high instead of being blown out.

Short version again: You made no mistake. All good.
@Dynavaper ill try some new grinding techniques to see where i can get some more vapor, i completely understand it is unnecessary to see vapor but i still am an avid smoker trying to make the switch.
Yes the abv can get quite funky in the pax and flavor is amazing in the air2

OF

I was with you right up to that last line......didn't the OP buy an Air II and asked if he should have got Solo II? Telling him 'you're sure to love Solo II once you get to use it some' is kinda cruel......

Sure is a lot of 'must be true, I read it on the internet' going on these days. I agree with you, Solo/Air/ArGo are very similar in production, battery life and form factor being the major differences. With a small factor of 'not as many stem options with ArGo?

@Dynavaper ill try some new grinding techniques to see where i can get some more vapor,

Good experiment. Also try cure (try it dryer going in so you won't waste heat that could make vapor drying it out first). Also, remember not to crowd hits, 'heat soak' of even a minute between hits can make a huge difference.

Also remember that replacement heat has a maximum generation rate, with means slower draws give bigger clouds.

Regards to all.

OF

OF

I think he just made a mistake. But a lof of what im reading says the solo2 heater is more powerful due to the larger internal battery, so it produces more vapor is this false?

Yes. That's not true.

The single cell in Air just works twice as hard.....which is why it gets half the sessions of the two cell version. This means selection of the cell for Air is critical if you want full performance (has to deliver 5 Amps or a bit more) and long life (a trade off against high current ability). The 'factory unit' is the best available anywhere at present.

OF

arb

Semi shaved ape
So you are saying the solo 2 and air 2 have the exact same vapor production, in your opinion? @OF

I have both and new original solo.
I see no difference performance wise between the solo and solo 2.
That how ever was not the question my answer is no they do not.
I see a noticeable difference in vapor production between the solo units and the air 2.
Much better from the solos than both air 2 units I have owned.
Just my experience your mileage may vary.

clukx

I have both and new original solo.
I see no difference performance wise between the solo and solo 2.
That how ever was not the question my answer is no they do not.
I see a noticeable difference in vapor production between the solo units and the air 2.
Much better from the solos than both air 2 units I have owned.
Just my experience your mileage may vary.
that's what I was afraid of :/

OF

So you are saying the solo 2 and air 2 have the exact same vapor production, in your opinion? @OF

No, that's not what I said. They are very similar, basically the same. Any differences are swamped by differences in loading (strain, grind, dryness) and unit to unit variations. For practical purposes too small to have any bearing.

Air and Solo share basically the same ovens (slightly more insulation with Solo) and heat the same stem to the same point in the same time. This means the heaters develop the same power as evidenced by measuring the power delivered to them. And they use the exact same stems.

In an 'A/B blindfold test' I'd challenge you (or anyone else) to tell the difference.

Yes, it's an opinion, but based on considerable experience and actual measurements. And shared, I believe, by the majority of owners who've actually tried them?

Your call, your money to spend, but you asked for advice?

OF

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I was with you right up to that last line......didn't the OP buy an Air II and asked if he should have got Solo II? Telling him 'you're sure to love Solo II once you get to use it some' is kinda cruel......

Haha, holy shit, my apologies! :)
I should refrain from posting hazed to avoid something like that, but then I would not post at all, which would not be a perfect solution... I, of course, meant the Air II, but will leave my posting as is to make sure that it stays there as manifestation of my negligence. And I will not criticize other people for not proofreading their stuff for at least one week. No, don't stop me. Punishment to whom it deserves!

OF

Haha, holy shit, my apologies! :)
I should refrain from posting hazed to avoid something like that, but then I would not post at all, which would not be a perfect solution... I, of course, meant the Air II, but will leave my posting as is to make sure that it stays there as manifestation of my negligence. And I will not criticize other people for not proofreading their stuff for at least one week. No, don't stop me. Punishment to whom it deserves!

Not to worry, a trivial oversight, more poking fun than anything else.......

Given the volume of solid advice you give around here you're so far ahead percentage wise....keep up the good work!

Regards,

OF

OF

Just trying my best to follow role models like you... :tup::bowdown:

Follow? Follow? Den how come ya get there first so often? Maybe it's just a time zone thing.....I'm GMT plus 8. I'm sound asleep when you're hitting your stride........

You guys in the EU must be really, really hard up for role models. Hey, this way we can keep each other honest?

Best wishes,

OF

OF

My wpa kinda sticks in the 14mm female joint of my ice bong and I like to pull it out at the end of a hit.
Anyone have a trick to keep the ground glass from sticking. And yup it is clean.

This one's easy, wrap the male connector with a layer of 'Plumber's tape', the teflon tape with no adhesive used on threaded pipe connections:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00538ITFW/ref=twister_B07DWCXXVB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Zero chance of sticking. Chemically inert, safe at the highest temperatures available with Solo, lasts a very long time, soft so it seals very well, you only want a few layers so you only need a few inches at a time. A dollar roll from a local store will last a lifetime........

OF

hans solo

Left coast Canada
This one's easy, wrap the male connector with a layer of 'Plumber's tape', the teflon tape with no adhesive used on threaded pipe connections:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00538ITFW/ref=twister_B07DWCXXVB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Zero chance of sticking. Chemically inert, safe at the highest temperatures available with Solo, lasts a very long time, soft so it seals very well, you only want a few layers so you only need a few inches at a time. A dollar roll from a local store will last a lifetime........

OF
Brilliant the white stuff I will have to hit the toolbox before my next bowl.
Thank you greatly appreciated

Top Bottom