Arizer Solo II

elykpeace

exVASted
Got my solo2.

Used it 4 times.

I'm good with vapcaps, so I'm hoping to get to that type of draw. It's not that far off now with lip manouvers

The draw is tighter than a VC? Woah. Now I'm having second thoughts about the AS2

elykpeace,

elykpeace

exVASted
Grind size (medium, not fine) and how firm you pack it in the stem. So too fine and too tight = too restricted for me.
Going to use similar to fury/VC staw method. Also have the SS screen to keep the glass screen clear of debris. I have a few f2 capsules that I saw fit overall needed a tank with long battery life but no experience with arizer. Figured it was time since it was my LAST vAS flare up .. haha

Likun

@elykpeace
I just tested the draw resistance between Solo 2, Fury and Vapcap.
That's my rating: Vapcap (Omni stem, normal condenser) > Vapcap Woody XLS > Fury (plastic mp) > Solo (longest stem) from unrestricted to restricted. All not packed.
If you want no restriction get a Milaana, MVT, Tubo.

Likun,
Reactions: snamuh

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I don't think my Solo II is more restricted than my vapcaps. I'd rate it more open with the Fury 2 as most open until I got my Tubo.

OF

Bought myself a nice Ed's TNT Cocobolo wood stem for my Solo II. Interesting experience! Way less visible vapor than with my glass stems (why?), but it is hitting me much harder for some reason. Why?
Simple, SS conducts the heat up the stem faster than glass......

While some cling to the idea Solo is convection, where this wouldn't be the case, more of the heat escapes this way (never makes it to the load). You need to dial up the temperature to compensate. With Solo I we'd start with a single stem (9 degrees F, 5C), sometimes a second step is called for. I suggest you start out bumping it up 10F and see what happens?

OF

tashian

My Solo II is not necessarily more restricted than my Vapcaps when both are well packed. Solo II was an amazing surprise because I was expecting real restriction (like FF2) by what I was reading and turns out it has a great air flow. Loving it!

snamuh

ghost
Thanks @frosty234 ! @Bluestang

Edit: to be clear the solo 2 has least restricted out of the vc and f2 or has MOST restricted draw?

If you pack loose it is pretty loose draw restriction. It depends on the pack. It's a good vape! And I feel the pack that had good draw restriction also has the most clouds.

I just got black stems from puff it up. The holes in these stem are a bit bigger than stock stems and they felt good. The stock stems aren't bad with a loose pack.

OF

Solo 2 inbound thanks @PuffItUp

Nervous about the draw, also anxious to own my first arizer.

Great call on both vape and Dealer.

FWIW I wouldn't get anxious about random net.guy's opinions of the draw. Very subjective, and often clouded with experience blazing. Vapor production rate has a real limit (having to do with how fast the heat can conduct into the load. Drawing in a bunch of extra cold air, which has to be heated, only robs from that potential production. And, of course, dilutes the vapor? Watch the videos of guys 'milking their glass', they draw very very slowly? That's how you get dense vapor, going slow.

"Big" (but weaker) clouds come from honking on it like is was a bong (where extra air makes more fire for more heat).

By all means experiment with it when it comes. Many of us find the OG Solo draw 'just right'. I mean it's not like Arizer didn't test different sizes........ Lots of us bought PVHES stems to fix this 'problem' and now no longer use them?

"It must be so, I read it on the Internet". Then again, if Al Gore really did invent it (as he claims), what else would you expect?

Regards to all. Great weather here, and where you are I hope.

OF

elykpeace

exVASted
Great call on both vape and Dealer.

FWIW I wouldn't get anxious about random net.guy's opinions of the draw. Very subjective, and often clouded with experience blazing. Vapor production rate has a real limit (having to do with how fast the heat can conduct into the load. Drawing in a bunch of extra cold air, which has to be heated, only robs from that potential production. And, of course, dilutes the vapor? Watch the videos of guys 'milking their glass', they draw very very slowly? That's how you get dense vapor, going slow.

"Big" (but weaker) clouds come from honking on it like is was a bong (where extra air makes more fire for more heat).

By all means experiment with it when it comes. Many of us find the OG Solo draw 'just right'. I mean it's not like Arizer didn't test different sizes........ Lots of us bought PVHES stems to fix this 'problem' and now no longer use them?

"It must be so, I read it on the Internet". Then again, if Al Gore really did invent it (as he claims), what else would you expect?

Regards to all. Great weather here, and where you are I hope.

OF

Thanks @OF this is ~ 30th vape. Just a part of VAS I haven't quenched. More so anxious to make this dirty thirty the final one ... For awhile :razz:

Also weather is wonderful here :tup:
Enjoy this blessed day

Edit @PuffItUp rocks .. Randy Jake Allyson Zakk i love ya

Likun

So I ordered another one in mystical blue.
So beautiful.
But this one has a strong smell of plastic/rubber during the first heat up. So I just did 2x 10 minute burn off but the smell is still there. Is this normal? My other unit didn't smell that much.

So beautiful.
But this one has a strong smell of plastic/rubber during the first heat up. So I just did 2x 10 minute burn off but the smell is still there. Is this normal? My other unit didn't smell that much.
I didn’t notice any smell with mine. Just a 10 minute burn off at the highest temp and it was good to go.

Curious why did you purchase another one?

elykpeace

exVASted
So beautiful.

Ugh that would grind my gears :bang:

Arizer has been doing this awhile so im guessing it's a one off.

Likun

I didn’t notice any smell with mine. Just a 10 minute burn off at the highest temp and it was good to go.

Curious why did you purchase another one?
Because I prefer blue :D. Going to sell the black one probably.

Ugh that would grind my gears :bang:

Arizer has been doing this awhile so im guessing it's a one off.

Well I'm not sure, I just did a few burn offs and did one bowl and now all the smell is completely gone. Maybe I was exaggerating a bit? I'm very sensitive to smells so..

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Really the only thing that annoys me a bit about my Solo II is the wobbly button, mostly while turning it on. Is it the same with all devices, or is mine a special snowflake? That thing is SO WELL built, but the button sucks a bit.

Dynavaper,
Top Bottom