1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Arizer Solo II

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by bluenavey00, Jan 31, 2017.

1. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

The Solo 2 has an easier draw than the Solo OG. I would give @Ed’s TnT a PM and ask him about making a wooden stem for the Solo 2. My wooden Solo OG stem from Ed is too large to fit in my Solo2. Some folks have been able to use their wooden stems with both. I didn’t want to force the stem. I didn’t want to damage my Solo 2.

2. vaporcloud

vaporcloud lurking kiwi

In submitting an RMA for my Solo II. Getting random Error 5 and Error 7 codes. Also on high temps it's close to combusting. The load gets very black and charred. Something is not right . It's very sad. I'm not sure how long this process will take but the thought of not having my solo around breaks my heart. I've had to use my CF and VB vapes and they pale in comparison.

I'm thinking I might go buy another from a retail shop today I love this vape so much. The price retail is crazy but I can sell it once I get my replacement unit. My wife is not going to understand

3. vaporcloud

vaporcloud lurking kiwi

Excuse the back to back posts. I couldn't get a Solo II so I plumbed up the cash for a Solo OG. I'm pretty excited actually. Once I get my replacement Solo II I can do a real side by side comparison.

Now I need to get home and give the big first charge.

Dr. Soxhlet, sickmanfraud, OF and 2 others like this.
  4. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

Lots of folks reviewed the Solo OG and then, when possible, the Solo II.

Your point of view, Solo II and then Solo is something I am curious about.

Good Luck with your Solo II repair. Arizer CS is supposed to be some of the top in the vape business.

5. vaporcloud

vaporcloud lurking kiwi

The biggest difference asthetics aside is the draw resistance. Much more draw resistance on the OG vs II. Had to pack the bowl lighter on the OG to get good air flow. Apart from that the vapor quality is very similar almost identical IMO.

Of course the II has a better battery, smaller form factor, digi readout etc. But for pure vapor goodness there is not a lot on it.

*Edit Thinking about it a bit more the Solo II is just more refined all over. Better airflow and a higher max temp means you can pull bigger clouds. But it's not significant. Both really good vapes.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  6. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Planetvape.ca make stems especially for the OG Solo for draw resistance issues.

Dr. Soxhlet and OF like this.
  7. vaporcloud

vaporcloud lurking kiwi

I don't mind the draw resistance. If i don't pack to tight it's not a problem IMO.

One thing I did notice was the OG Solo stem were slightly larger than the Solo II. THIS is why you shouldn't try forcing an OG stem into a Solo II. Put it this way the Solo II stems in my OG are loose as fuck. Turn the heater upside down they fall out. They are definitely smaller in diameter.

Currently my Solo II is working perfectly. I have invoked the RMA process but what if they test it and deem it not faulty

Dr. Soxhlet, CarolKing and BigJr48 like this.
  8. Coal Cracker

Coal Cracker Member

A few months back i had my soloII, in my lunch box wrapped in a wool sock, out in my truck. The temps were in the teens(fahrenheit). When i went out @ lunch time to turn it on, it read an error code. Im not sure which number 6 or 7, i think. I turned it off& let my truck warm up a bit. When i turned it back on it worked fine. Hasnt given me a problem since. And i use it a few times every day.

9. Dr. Soxhlet

Dr. Soxhlet SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine

Several years ago I mounted solar panels on the house. It is only a 12 volt system, but I finally got some lights going, plus a Solo connector so now I never have to worry about not being able to charge my Solos.

I used my EDs stem in my Solo II but found it was too tight. Not wanting to take a chance with the cup rotation problem, I think I will just use it with my original Solo.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2018
    CarolKing, BigJr48 and KidFated. like this.
  10. tonuzzi

tonuzzi Vaped and Confused

That happened to me as well. I guess the Solo 2 doesn't like the cold

11. CarolKing

I love that my stem doesn’t fall out even when I’m using the Solo 2 in bed in the middle of the night. Last night I needed to medicate and my Solo was there, I had already loaded it with some Gorilla Glue #4. It was a lifesaver.

12. CarolKing

Hey you folks looking for a portable that has great taste and easy to use take a second look at the Solo 2. It has great airflow and has a temp you can set to your ideal heat level. You can tailor the lenghth of your session as well. Worth the money. I suggest going with Randy @PuffItUp. Arizer is way toooo expensive. Also too expensive for the most part at mom and pop stores.

I’ve been using the shorter stem that comes with the Solo 2. I like it!

I had noticed our fave portable had fell down to the bottom of the second page. It needed some attention drawn to it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  13. bossman

bossman Active Member

Thanks Carol, I took your advice using an eBay 15% code that expired an hour ago and bought a new Solo II earlier today.

Do you have a Fury 2? How do they compare? Good sale on that right now that wasn't available when I bought mine, which I love by the way

Dr. Soxhlet and BigJr48 like this.
  14. WildChild

WildChild Seeking My Shangri-La

I have to agree with everything @CarolKing said. And I, too, use the short stem.

I love my Solo II so much that it was the portable I chose to bring to Myanmar (Burma) where I am doing contract work. I wonder if I have the only Solo II in the country? Maybe not, but it's fun to think about.

Just recently got my hands on fairly decent treats but, unfortunately, they come in a compressed, brick-like form. But after a good grinding my Solo II milks all the goodness out of them with little to no effort.

I like to micro dose by using an inverted dome screen in the stem. Works very well and my ABV is always dark and consistent. I like high-temp vaping so I crank it to 220C right from the start. The Solo II does an excellent job of full extraction.

I keep my Solo II very clean and treat her with respect. She always gives back with satisfying sessions. Couldn't be happier. Great vaporizer.

15. CarolKing

I hope they don’t have stiff rules against weed in Myanmar @WildChild. You be safe, you wouldn’t want to have to stay there. :lol:Enjoy your Solo! I sure do enjoy using mine. The battery seems to be holding up well so far.:tup:

16. m0sh

m0sh Singer Song Writer Stoner

Quick help guys!
    I'm flying to Barcelona tomorrow and taking my Solo II.
    I would like to take it without a stem, so I could buy one there and throw it after I'm done...I don't want to risk having 0.000000% resin.
    So does anyone knows a place I could get stems in Barcelona?

Thanks!

Dr. Soxhlet and CarolKing like this.
  17. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

For future reference, I would suggest buying a stem online and having the new stem sent to meet you at your hotel.

You could contact Vapefiend.com and see what it would cost to have them send a stem overnight.

18. m0sh

m0sh Singer Song Writer Stoner

That's a good idea.
    Too late I guess, the stem would cost like 30usd if not more.

Dr. Soxhlet likes this.
  19. vaporcloud

vaporcloud lurking kiwi

Nice to see the Solo II getting some love. It really is a great portable vape. Mine has been going so well I cancelled the RMA. I still get the occasional error but it seems to have settled down. I love the long battery life and form factor.

I use it in rotation with my recently acquired Solo I. Both great vapes. Solo II is just a refined version. Vapor quality is excellent with both Arizer products.

20. WildChild

WildChild Seeking My Shangri-La

Very good advice which I will follow. Thank you, @CarolKing.

Yes, weed is pretty illegal here so I only vape alone in my hotel room. The police are reasonable but you don't want to mess with the military; they have no sense of humor at all!

My battery is also holding up very well...so many sessions per charge. Impressive. And I don't know why but I really like the smiley face when I start her up.

21. vaporcloud

vaporcloud lurking kiwi

Page 3

Nothing to talk about. Just a solid vape and pure vapor.

I was asked why did I like the Solo range so much. Easy. Vapor quality.

Dr. Soxhlet, BigJr48 and OF like this.
  22. the_kingnothing

the_kingnothing New Member

Honestly a vape I will use for 3-4 years

23. bossman

bossman Active Member

Mine arrived today and I really enjoyed my first session. The extra bulk and excellent battery life make a great tradeoff for me at home. Best vapor in my not-very-considerable experience too.

24. kreaturebait

kreaturebait Member

I’m still enjoying my Arizer solo 2 as well. The flavor is so goood! The battery life is excellent. I love the reliability so far.

BigJr48, Dr. Soxhlet, tonuzzi and 2 others like this.
  25. bossman

bossman Active Member

Yeah, my only niggle so far is the lack of USB. Presumably that's a feature because it allows faster charging, it's just less convenient.

I wish I could snap my fingers and have all USB-C devices. I have a knack for taking three tries to plug in a micro USB even though it only has two orientations.

BigJr48, Dr. Soxhlet and GtrBob like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors