Arizer Solo II

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
But why don't you love Solo 2....?

Admit it...you've been hanging on the fence long enough. The Solo 2 is a beast, money is a lie, the past is the past, life is short, Solo 2 is now.

*just in case you couldn't find it
http://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Solo-II-PuffItUp-p/arz.sol.2.htm
I use a SOLO 1 everyday when I read.

The SOLO 2 I want real bad.
My wife 5'9 110 pounds say's not until #1 dies?

I love her touch so I due what I'm told!

But a 2 would be free balling!

I will fake #1's death!

Last edited:

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I love guitar?

SOLO and playing R like SURFING & JOINT'S!

Da SOLO is safer! (MILK is more unsafe?)

JIMMY PAGE
JIMMY HENDRICK'S
ERIC CLAPTON
JEFF BECK
BRIAN MAY
WILLIE NELSON

To name a few!

JONI MITCHELL
JOAN & a few other women let us not forget!

Music and herb are made for each other. I love playing guitar, I love Fender and Arizer. Solo II and my Fender Strat are a great match. People pay me to play while baked from my Solo II. Heaven.

dynospec

Breaking out the SoloII since its been a while, and I miss it. Loaded up a couple stems last week, one with lemon haze, the other with ice cream; started with the lemon haze, this is a really nice sativa that Ive always enjoyed. I forgot just how amazing the flavour is in the soloII, it really is incredible!

Merry Monday to all

Gigsabits53

The SOLO 2 is on my wish list! (BUCKET)
0JlvjQI.jpg

I'll try to stay MEDICATED = OLD SOLO = CIVILIZED = LEVEL 4

It's on my wish list as well @ataxian , looks like a great vape.

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
So after 8 months with the solo 2 I got an Error 7 code when trying to turn on the unit.
I don't know why or how this happened as I take extremely good care of my vapes.
I emailed Arizer regarding this issue and they sent me a new unit no questions asked . Awesome Customer Support!

You must have also sent your defective unit back to Arizer?

We've seen a few error codes.

Do you turn your stem while in the unit? Or use any non OEM stems/gongs?

Those seem to be the culprits

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
You must have also sent your defective unit back to Arizer?

We've seen a few error codes.

Do you turn your stem while in the unit? Or use any non OEM stems/gongs?

Those seem to be the culprits

When i first got the Solo 2 I used my old bent stem from the OG solo, but that stem broke about a month in. I've been using the Solo 2 supplied stems since then, and don't use water with the Solo 2. in our conversation, Arizer asked that I send the vape and charger only. I shipped Arizer the defective unit on Wednesday and received the new unit today. I'm at work so I haven't had the chance to open the package, but will post an update once I get home and open her up.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm old. Remember Hendrix well.

Solo is timeless just like rock music. Solo II @ 205c. I'm going surfing this weekend. Family holiday. Cannabis and Surfing use to rule my life. Joints and bongs back then. Now days it's family and vapes. A lot more civilised.
My friend's I grew up with surfing became MUSICIAN'S?

I dream of owning a SOLO 2 one day.

I was a CALIFORNIA, HAWAII, MEXICO, FRANCE, SPAIN. CHILE, COSTA RICA, GUATEMALA, TAHITI type troll. SURFING NORTH SHORE while my friend's and cousin's where in NAM.

LIVING beach front in HAWAII was common back in the 70's.

!

My buddies liked BonG's but I stayed with JOINT'S?
The mouthpiece was too huge for me?

Last edited:

OF

What??? This can cause an Error 7? I do it, old habit from the OG Solo. Maybe I won't anymore.

A couple of guys have suggested it. IIRC one reported twisting the stem just before it died? I checked mine and found the cup could be moved slightly (I reported it I'm sure?). Since then I've been careful 'just in case'.

Until we get a report back on what the root problem is, it seem like a potential risk worth avoiding? We don't really know what 'error 7' means and there's at least one other (code 5/6?).

OF

JCharles

When i first got the Solo 2 I used my old bent stem from the OG solo, but that stem broke about a month in. I've been using the Solo 2 supplied stems since then, and don't use water with the Solo 2. in our conversation, Arizer asked that I send the vape and charger only. I shipped Arizer the defective unit on Wednesday and received the new unit today. I'm at work so I haven't had the chance to open the package, but will post an update once I get home and open her up.

When I tried my bent stem in my first Solo II it was a tight fit. I also tried several PV stems that did not fit.

I had to send my unit in for repair.

That's why I changed my stem recommendation to only OEM.

I also babied my unit, and the stems where really the only thing I could think of. Inserting a tight stem into a cold unit or something.

What??? This can cause an Error 7? I do it, old habit from the OG Solo. Maybe I won't anymore.

A few users have reported they twist their stem to keep the oven clean. They also had to return their units.

As OF mentioned there is some play to the oven.

We even had another user pondering opening up their unit to tighten oven - but I dont think we have heard back from them.

Everything is anecdotal, but the loose oven may be caused by a twister a large stem or perhaps it's a true manufacturing defect.

We don't know, so I playing safe. OEM only stems, and always a warmed unit before putting the stem in. So far, so good.

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Guess I'm breaking all the rules
Me too. After several years I found my Eds stem. So I decided to use it in the Solo II. Heated up the unit first as well. Now the fit is looser. :shrug:So the moral is: stick with the original stems to be on the safe side. Probably no real damage was done, but "looseness" was hastened along. At least I had seen the warnings about not turning a tight stem and avoided that potential pitfall.

Last edited:

Mr.Sifter

is it just me or might it just be, that the solo II is more "vulnerable" comapred to its older brother, the solo OG ?

been watching the solo OG and solo2 threads for long time now.
error codes? not twisting a stem while in the oven, only use original stems.
seems vulnerable to me.

to solo OG was a tank.
I guess the push in performance was bought with loosing its indestructableness.

OF

is it just me or might it just be, that the solo II is more "vulnerable" comapred to its older brother, the solo OG ?

Unfortunately, I think you have a point. We get a potentially inaccurate view since we're such a small fraction of the total but we're sure seeing a LOT more troubles with this new version.

Did anyone ever have an 'error code' type failure with Solo I? Some 'lock ups' happened as I recall, but they were all 'fixed by reset'? How many ever had to send one in for repair under warranty?

In the larger picture, a single return is a big deal to the maker. Just one can eat up the profits from a bunch of other units. IMO they want to be on top of this and quickly. We can/should trust that to happen although we might never know what changes might come of it. There is, of course, a solid reason for not inviting every past owner to demand a replacement?

It's a great vape, the maker will stand by it should we have troubles as individuals. I'm enjoying mine and intend to continue to, but I'm also being careful with stems........

OTOH, none of my Solo Is (and there have been many) has missed a beat. That's many many hundreds of sessions I've done over the years, but I've 'passed on' half a dozen or more ('last call' buys from PIU passed on at about $70 average?) and given two away outright. I also have one out on loan.....somewhere. None of those have reported problems (I'm sure to hear about all but one of them).

OF

area50one

Why are you people moving the stem while you're using the Solo 2? I have to ask, why do people want to mod a good thing? After market glass, bubblers etc. No reason for it. The unit is awesome just the way it is. Enjoy your vaping sessions instead of trying to find fault with a great unit. Use it more often and you'll forget what's wrong with it in your mind and start enjoying what is was made for! Cheers!

area50one,
Reactions: ataxian

JCharles

Interesting. Guess I'm breaking all the rules coz I put insert stems into a cold unit. I haven't noticed any play in the oven either but will be more cautious. It's a long journey from NZ to Canada for a warranty return.

We haven't heard anything from Arizer regarding the error codes so these 'best practice tips' are just an educated guess.

I ran almost 1000 sessions (might have been a bit over that mark) before I had to send my unit in.

When I did, the oven was noticeably moving around inside the casing. I was an after market stem user and rarely waited for the unit to warm before J stuffed a gong/stem in.

For what it's worth, I think one of my Arizer gongs is slightly larger than the other.

In an effort to make the stems fit better than the OG they lost some of the wiggle room needed when it comes to glass.

Arizer even told me a 115mm stem length was within their norms for acceptable.

With that amount of variance and quality control a few fat gongs/stems may be in circulation causing the damage.

Perhaps?!?

been watching the solo OG and solo2 threads for long time now.
error codes? not twisting a stem while in the oven, only use original stems.
seems vulnerable to me.

to solo OG was a tank.
I guess the push in performance was bought with loosing its indestructableness.

More features in the Solo II. As such more areas for things to go wrong.

I still champion the Arizer Solo and Solo II as quality companions for most ents I chat with

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Why are you people moving the stem while you're using the Solo 2? I have to ask, why do people want to mod a good thing? After market glass, bubblers etc. No reason for it. The unit is awesome just the way it is. Enjoy your vaping sessions instead of trying to find fault with a great unit. Use it more often and you'll forget what's wrong with it in your mind and start enjoying what it was made for! Cheers!

There were a lot of mods for the original Solos that addressed real and perceived problems. I agree that the Solo II can be used just the way it is, as most everything that bugged users about the old model(s) has been addressed. However, adding water to the path adds an extra dimension and may even be necessary for some medical users. I would be cautious about any water device used above the unit, no water can be allowed to leak into the Solo. I suspect that two failures of my Solos were due to that.

Top Bottom