Arizer Solo - Conduction Vape

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
What? Conduction?! Get to that in a moment.

So I've been on a micro-dosing kick for a while now. Compiling data on strains, usage, tolerance, effects and vapes.‎

Initially, I avoided using/testing the Solo for microdosing, figuring I'd never get .005g to stick in a stem. What a mistake that was!

The herbs don't stick in the stem. They fall into the oven. But it works great!

Here's what I did:
* weigh out herbs
* grind in MFLB two piece grinder
* dump into tiny dish made for pouring‎
* pour ground herb into inverted phves wong.
(solo was preheating to 7 while I prepped)‎
* holding solo and wong upside down, insert wong.
(herbs fall into hot oven, hence conduction aspect)‎
* turn right side up, and vape.‎
No charring. Even extraction. Only a few rips to finish session, but remember this is micro-dosing.

Maintenance: hold Solo upside down and swirl qtip inside after session. Then once every other week, qtip with ISO in cool oven.

So I guess this post is here to let others know that:
* Solo works great for microdosing.
* Also works well as a conduction vape‎

Thoughts? Comments?

HomeFree

One of my friends broke his solo stem so I asked him how he was using it. He told me he was dropping herb in there and using the stem like a straw (still had the screen part in it). It tasted pretty bad IMO. It worked, it just did not really have any herb taste at all. Tasted spicy/metallic but we stuffed about .1 grams in there.

Are you worried about getting powder in the air holes at all?

I really want to mod my Air so I can do tiny loads (but giant compared to that, more like .025-.050 grams), and I was thinking of packing in stainless steel wool, that way the stem could still be packed close to the edge like normal and should vape well with a wide cross sectional area, rather than being loose and vaping wispy. Kinda like a domed screen on steroids.

.005 is like one small calyx! That's amazing. I guess I will give it a shot, but with a bit more. Maybe I will put a screen in the bottom just in case, but ground fine enough to vape evenly like that is probably pretty fine, right?

HomeFree,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Tasted spicy/metallic but we stuffed about .1 grams in there.
No complaints on taste yet. Into Solo testing for two weeks now as my sole driver, for testing purposes. I do dry swab the oven after each use and did ISO it once. Will keep track and report in if taste changes.

Are you worried about getting powder in the air holes at all?
I was initially, but so far holes are spotless. Not sure but I believe they are covered by the glass of the stem when it's inserted. Will keep an eye out on this too.

005 is like one small calyx! That's amazing.
I never thought I could get effects off the crumbs that make up a .005g load. He'll, I've blown more off a rolling tray when I was done cleaning and divvying out a quarter amongst those who pitched in for it.

But came off a fairly long Tbreak and wanted to really see what micro-dosing was all about.

So scale, splinter tweezers, and committing to certain doses and consistency in usage.

I'm really amazed at the effects still obtained. .005g and am good to go for 4-5 hours. Then a .025g before bed and I sleep throughout the night.

I will admit to splurging on one day of the weekend and doubling the daytime dose to .01g.

If I stuck to this, could you imagine an eighth lasting approx 175 days?

ground fine enough to vape evenly like that is probably pretty fine, right?
Yeah, the MFLB grinder grinds pretty fine.

:rockon:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I love this about cannabis, less really is more, and it's all reletive....

I'm still blown away by how much I can get away with not vaping, and still get to the same place...

@DDave iv recently been doing 0.03 loads in the eq with your 18mm kit. Even less sometime's, it's amazing how well it produces....

Iv been avoiding my hungry, herb eating flowermate....

Been using the solo through the d020 d with similar loads of 0.03....

I have no real need for economy or rationing, just doing it for the fun.....

But you are well ahead of me on the scrimping....0.005 is nothing....

I may give a 0.01 a go when I get home, using your method....

kellya86,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@DDave iv recently been doing 0.03 loads in the eq with your 18mm kit. Even less sometime's, it's amazing how well it produces....
:rockon:

But you are well ahead of me on the scrimping....0.005 is nothing....
.005g - still floored by how long the effects last.

So, I recently decided to visit a dispensary and take advantage of their 6gs Top Shelf for $35. Asked for a split, which they were happy to accommodate... 50% Sativa, 50% Indica. And they over-weighed each! 3.5gs in one, 3.6gs in another. All the BTs were cool and actually knew about the strains they carried. Very enjoyable visit! Sad part? If I keep the same usage levels, won't need to see them again till next year...

I may give a 0.01 a go when I get home, using your method....
Looking forward to hearing how this went.. :tup:

DDave,
Reactions: kellya86

Aezhenn

Accessory Maker
Micro-dosing, less is more...
All of this reminds me the principle of homeopathy, really interesting, guys!
And good for the wallet! ;)

Aezhenn,

HomeFree

I will put out a note to remember to try it tomorrow. I can't get it ground as fine though. I will use .020 or so and put some out tonight to get super dry. I don't have that stem either. I only have the stock ones for air and solo as well as one of the ed's stems from PIU (which is my fave stem as of late).

If you can stick to it, you should be able to get a nice collection of cannabis going fairly quickly. :D

HomeFree,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I will put out a note to remember to try it tomorrow. I can't get it ground as fine though. I will use .020 or so. I don't think I could feel anything under around .010 grams. I don't have that stem either.

If you can stick to it, you should be able to get a nice collection of cannabis going fairly quickly. :D
Was coming off a long TBreak, so could feel .005g.

.01g for weekend day fun.

Will give it a shot with the regular straight Solo stem tonight. Was using the water adapter only because it was shorter and easier to load and keep standing it upsidedown.

Doing very specific tolerance testing at present to see if microdosing for an extended period of time using the same strain has any effect on tolerance. (long way to say no cannabis collecting..... yet ;))

DDave,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Just double-microdosed.

Solo @ 7 with my usual .005.... 15 minutes later not where I needed to be.

So repeated last steps.

Ah... :razz: Now that's where I needed to be!

DDave,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@DDave this is how the tolerance rises.....

If you want that eighth to last 175 days, you gotta fight the urge....

That fact your normal dose didn't get you to your level, means it was time to back off again slightly... not double dose to achieve your state...

Ah I know you know all this, and I know your only experimenting rather than actually trying to eek that herb out....

Now your battle should be to see how slow you can keep the progression of increasing the dose...

Never the less your progress has been very impressive so far with the tiny dose's your getting away with...

kellya86,

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
I think the Solo would be perfect for micro dosing.

I have been micro dosing since coming off a couple week t-break, just using a sprinkle in my Crafty capsule and boom! Dribble city... I can't imagine .005 but I suspect I'm dosing more like .01 ...

It's why I haven't got round to posting in your salad thread. Yet. :D

Nothing has got me more stoned in my entire life than this t-break. It has completely reset my canabonoid system and I feel great.

The trick for me as @kellya86 mentions is not vaping while you still feel the last one, for me that is around 2 hours between sessions.

But it is so hard to resist when you have nice strains/concentrates sitting around.

It's been two week's and I can feel my tolerance rising but I now know the power of the t-break and will probably take a week off every couple months to keep me in check.

Do you think the Air would be just as good at MD as the Solo. I may concider one if I keep the tolerance down permanently.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@DDave this is how the tolerance rises.....

If you want that eighth to last 175 days, you gotta fight the urge....

That fact your normal dose didn't get you to your level, means it was time to back off again slightly... not double dose to achieve your state...

Ah I know you know all this, and I know your only experimenting rather than actually trying to eek that herb out....

Now your battle should be to see how slow you can keep the progression of increasing the dose...

Never the less your progress has been very impressive so far with the tiny dose's your getting away with...
@kellya86 No worries. Not going for a tolerance increase... yesterday was a "spins" day, needed the extra meds... http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/meniers-disease-mmj.12182/

Today, will go back to regular daytime .005g session and circle back if I notice yesterday's dosage seems to impact today's.

But it is so hard to resist when you have nice strains/concentrates sitting around.

It's been two week's and I can feel my tolerance rising but I now know the power of the t-break and will probably take a week off every couple months to keep me in check.
@h3rbalist Agreed! Temptation to load another stem is there!

Trying to strictly keep to micro-dosing to see if there's any tolerance buildup from such small quantities. Also hoping yesterday's need doesn't impact that testing...

Top Bottom