ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

OF

Heatup too slow, im out.

So long. Too bad it doesn't fit your pistol as the saying goes. Looks to be a winner for some.

For those in a hurry, for an 'on demand' vape, I have used and can (with some reservations) recommend Summit and ESV as 'total vape packages' and the DC herb cart and an appropriate 'mod' to drive it for those who really want to 'take charge' in that area. The latter gives you near total control of the process, you can hot rod stuff to your heart's content.

And then, since the carts are cheap and rebuildable start all over again.

Understand this is not a free feature, you pay dearly in battery life. A bowl or two at most in some cases if you hit it a time or two over and over (as I think guys are thinking of?). You pay a big power price heating the works up then letting it cool off after doing very little work. Life is filled with compromises.

This is why flame powered vapes (like VG, VM, Lotus, VC and so on) are so attractive in this role, huge amounts of power in a lighter full of butane. Waste all you want.

But there you go, 3 proven 'off the shelf' on demand herb vapes for your consideration, although one has to be built of two parts. Expect some trade offs.

Regards.

OF

lookhigh

FC member
I cant understand why they manufacture a vape that is so slow to heat up. The cheap Chinese vapes are ready in less than 40sec? I am guessing that slow heat up also means it could have trouble keeping up on long draws with the open airflow.

lookhigh,
Reactions: OF

OF

I cant understand why they manufacture a vape that is so slow to heat up.

IMO for very solid Engineering/Physics reasons. It comes with the added burden of supporting the 'must have' stem system.

Rather than go through the reasons why this is (how much power do we need, how fast can it be put in, what are the losses, and so on) which would be very hard to do here (we don't even have half the data we'd need to start, really) how about the other way around? That is to say that Arizer is fully aware of this 'demand' (Sales guys being who they are) and would happily do it if it was technically possible? They are sure to face 'why can't you make it faster?' from time to time.......

You can put a big block V8 in a compact and make it go faster, of course. You can jam more power into the heater if the battery and heater will take it, but this can only take you so far. This is an conduction vape, conduction means time. "Calories per second" kinds of measures. That heat energy can only flow so fast. In fact, it seems Solo II is 'bragging' some, that is the sensor is hotter than the load is at first? Even after it's 'on temperature' it's not really ready to go?

Anyway, they would if they could but didn't 'cuz they couldn't?

OF

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I don't know what kind of oven this one will have, but if you remember the FlowerMate 5 story, when they released the FM5-Pro, I was amazed by the greatly improved heat-up time compared to the FM5-S and OG (those were not too shabby in the first place but the Pro was almost twice as fast) I assumed naively it had a higher power output.

But a while after, I got the explanation by their product manager: both vapes have the exact same cells inside and same heater power, but the FM5-Pro has a thinner ceramic oven. It's all fine and dandy until people started to report that the FM5-Pro was easier to overwhelm than the FM5-S (thing I didn't really notice as I tend to just sip these conduction vapes, as they are not very powerful anyway in comparison to the recent breed of monster on-demand convection vapes)

So when you think of it, thinner bowl means faster energy transfer from the resistive heater element to the material inside the bowl, but also as a downside, less mass in the oven itself and thus a much smaller energy reservoir... Once again a clear case of "no free lunch with engineering".

Sh4dy15

Haven't posted on here in a while but saw that reddit review and ordered today. Currently have FF2, Hopper, VapCap, and even with all of these new devices with quick heat up times I still think my most efficient vape is the original Solo. Once I saw a portable Arizer vape I jumped on it because I trust this company knows what it is doing and sets their devices up a specific way for a reason.

If I am in a rush, I will use the vapcap or hopper but I am looking forward to trying this thing out.

Bearsabi

Hey guys, guy who wrote the Reddit review here. In my attempts to write something detailed I did some dumb tings so any feedback is definitely appreciated!

Thought i'd post some thoughts now that I've had more experience with it. My comments on the vapor quality of the vape haven't really changed. As far as the heat up time I've tried with some different batteries freshly charged versus used just a bit and haven't really seen the time change drastically. I normally vape around 375-380 and it still takes around a 1:15-1:20 to get to temp. It's pretty mediocre in that respect but as someone who is used to the Mighty it didn't bother me too much especially since i'm normally at home our out at situations where waiting an extra minute doesn't really bother me.

It feels a lot more like a convection vape than a conduction vape on draws. Like i mentioned the draw restriction and airflow on the ArGo are quite open and easy to like. Which is strange and i'm really looking forward for someone braver than me to dissect it because the oven looks pretty much the same as the one in the Air 2 and the Solo 2 just a bit smaller and it's not like the stem sits differently either. But somehow it feels totally different than its brothers to draw from.

Still my biggest issue with the vape is the exposed top. I would really love to carry this vape as a complete unit with a stem inside and not worry about carrying anything seperately but if i do it just smells too strong to carry around publically. Why this is the one Arizer vape that doesn’t have that weird rubber cover attached to it is a mystery to me considering it’s supposed to be their most portable unit. I guess it’s harder to do with the collapsable shroud design they went with but it still is a weird oversight and is a huge bummer for me.

Overall though still very satisfied with it. Easy to use, pretty portable as long as you don’t mind carrying stems seperately in their tubes, and puts out some very easy to love vapor.

Can’t wait to hear some other opinions though. Was surprised i got mine as fast as i did

StonerSloth

cui bono?
...i'm really looking forward for someone braver than me to dissect it because the oven looks pretty much the same as the one in the Air 2 and the Solo 2 just a bit smaller and it's not like the stem sits differently either. But somehow it feels totally different than its brothers to draw from.

I bet that with some convincing we can get our pal Randy @PuffItUp to tear one of these bad boys down for us!

Pretty Please?:love:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So when you think of it, thinner bowl means faster energy transfer from the resistive heater element to the material inside the bowl, but also as a downside, less mass in the oven itself and thus a much smaller energy reservoir... Once again a clear case of "no free lunch with engineering".

Why not build the oven from a more conductive material to begin with? Less power to heat initially and sustained as long as the design can support even extraction. (I suppose that's the biggest challenge with jumping to a more conductive oven in a conduction vaporizer)

OF

It feels a lot more like a convection vape than a conduction vape on draws. Like i mentioned the draw restriction and airflow on the ArGo are quite open and easy to like. Which is strange and i'm really looking forward for someone braver than me to dissect it because the oven looks pretty much the same as the one in the Air 2 and the Solo 2 just a bit smaller and it's not like the stem sits differently either. But somehow it feels totally different than its brothers to draw from.

First off, howdy! Welcome to the Forum and all the fun. Lots of good folks around, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine based on your post. Your contributions are of course most welcome in the face of no other first hand experience offered, but I suspect that it will continue to interest your readers.

You raise an interesting point, I think. One that needs exploring. From what you and the maker have said we seem to have a scaled down, repackaged Air. With a USB connector this time. Interesting in that the only practical change to 'the secret family recipe' in the stem and cup configuration is this one is changed in 'aspect ratio'? That is while it has the same volume it's taller and thinner? Therefore has more wall surface to support conduction into the load and a shorter path through the load to the center of it.........

I'm guessing it's still possible, but now harder, to 'overrun the heat'?

Anyway, we'll soon have other experiences I think. I expect mine Friday, or should I'm told. I'll probably try mine out soon after, and am usually not too shy with my opinion, once I have one......

Again, thanks for your efforts to date. Impressive and 'easy to read'. I'm looking forward to more from the same guy and am sure I'm not alone.

I bet that with some convincing we can get our pal Randy @PuffItUp to tear one of these bad boys down for us!

Pretty Please?:love:

We can surely hope so. He has to get one first I guess? I hope there's not an issue there, they might not have appreciated the comments on the conduction/convection thing. I really appreciate the honest, clear investigations he does. It's very clear to me where he stands when it comes to a bit more profit and his customers.......and if you think a bit I'm sure you'll agree?

Very hard to not like/support a guy like that. This time Arizer gets my money directly because they're clever. And good at what they do. And I appreciate that since they bring new products to the market for our consideration. First rate products at that.

Still, need to scratch that itch now. Curse them. And bless them. The kind of thing Apple would do? I guess I'll just have to look forward to buying another from PIU when they become common stock items (not so long these days.....). I 'feel a winner, here'.

Regards and best wishes to all.

OF

Still my biggest issue with the vape is the exposed top. I would really love to carry this vape as a complete unit with a stem inside and not worry about carrying anything seperately but if i do it just smells too strong to carry around publically. Why this is the one Arizer vape that doesn’t have that weird rubber cover attached to it is a mystery to me considering it’s supposed to be their most portable unit. I guess it’s harder to do with the collapsable shroud design they went with but it still is a weird oversight and is a huge bummer for me.

Thought this was odd as well. No plug? What about a silicone or rubber band style circumference case that is thick enough to cover the open stem and protect the traveling ArGo's corners when dropped? Otherwise I'm not sure I understand the pocketability of this highly portable vape.

CarouselOnFire,
Reactions: JCharles

Bearsabi

Alright so quick update, inside the box of the ArGo are 2 extra rubber stoppers meant to go on the top of the tube similar to how the Solo 2 and Air 2 stems are packed into their tubes for travel, 1 on the mouthpiece and 1 on the bowl. Since they were packed separately I thought that they were just extra. So the good news is that you can use the rubber stoppers to smell proof it.

The caveat is it's kind of stupid. I think the ideal situation that i hope either Arizer or someone else makes a cork that just fits directly inside the tube. As it stands with the rubber stopper it forces the shroud to stay down cause the stopper fits around the top of the stem instead of inside of it. This means that your glass mouthpiece which is pretty fragile is at a bit more risk thanks to it sticking out instead of staying flush with the shroud up.

So i'm a bit stupid but at the same time this still seems like a bit of an inconvenience

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Shame this is not and on demand convection portable. I dont do electric conduction anymore.

Arizer make some great products if they did decide to do a convection portable sure it would be great.

Top Bottom