Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
Been looking at the Argo for my golf outings. I have been taking my Vapcap M but the torch can be a problem on a windy day. I have a Solo II but I would never take that out golfing, I can hear the glass breaking just thinking about it. But the Argo looks perfect!

The only thing I'm a bit concerned about is I live in a state that is forever stuck in the last century. Items like the Argo could be easily confiscated. I could live with having the Vapcap M confiscated, but the Argo or something similar in price, not so much.

DO IT!

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I agree! @Gigsabits53 I live in one of those states too and the golf course is the last place I would be concerned, just taper your use on the back nine and do not use it in your car as that is where most busts occur.

Edit: If taking it where you worried about confiscation I would pick up a Flowermate or an Vivant Ambit. The Ambit is my new toss if I need to out and about vape, although it would suck to have to do so, it would be better than the $1000 fine I would face here.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
If you don’t watch it, it might bonk you in the noggin—even if it is in UR dreams, @ataxian.

Your escargots for an Argo?
If my wife wasn’t insanely hot in a fit way!
She drink’s wine?

CANNABIS is my generation style!
Put the ARGO is on my bucket list!

ataxian,

Lag

Been without a water pipe to use my adapter with. Finally picked another up.
48745145712_40f396a626_b.jpg

Lag

Looks like i need to send in my ArGo for another warranty claim. Tried to fire it up and got an 'Error 5' when it didn't look like it was able to heat up. Tried two different batteries and even while plugged in. feels bad man.

Last edited:
Lag,

Lag

Turn around time was pretty quick like the last time and they gave me a couple extra glass straws for the ArGo, which was nice since the last time i got one for the solo lol.

Lag,

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Turn around time was pretty quick like the last time and they gave me a couple extra glass straws for the ArGo, which was nice since the last time i got one for the solo lol.
Same thing happened to us. Error 5 and they sent 2 x 90mm for the Solo/Air, but it got me to break out the Air2 and try it again with longer glass which was better than the plastic tipped 70mm. I don't think the US Service center had ArGo glass to send back when we had to RMA. Glad they have it now for anyone sending units in for repair/exchange. It's a nice gesture that surely covers the shipping expense as the turn around is fast.

Lag

Same thing happened to us. Error 5 and they sent 2 x 90mm for the Solo/Air, but it got me to break out the Air2 and try it again with longer glass which was better than the plastic tipped 70mm. I don't think the US Service center had ArGo glass to send back when we had to RMA. Glad they have it now for anyone sending units in for repair/exchange. It's a nice gesture that surely covers the shipping expense as the turn around is fast.

For sure. Extra glass is always nice.

Any insight into what that error actually means? I figure I just burned out the heating element. Luckily that's lifetime warranty.

Last edited:

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
For sure. Extra glass is always nice.

Any insight into what that error actually means? I figure I just burned out the heating element. Luckily that's lifetime warranty.
I've only ever seen the Error 5 on our house unit and IIRC one of our clients who we directed to Arizer for repair/replacement. Error 2 also was our most recent client inquiry which I think is more power related, Error 5, not sure, but it may be more heater related guessing at what caused ours to code.

cannabis.pro,

bm96

Just got an ArGo :) Love this thing so far and never tasted flavor this good. It can fill up my glass piece pretty dang quick too. I'm thinking it's a keeper!

dM0YivK.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Quick history, because I've posted mostly on Air 2 and Solo 2. I basically got all 3 Arizer portables at the same time, and had been a fan of the OG Air years back. I think I'm getting some skills with the Argo and I'm very impressed with ease of use, vapor quality, and the stealth is off the chart. Effects seem to be right in line with Solo 2. I seem to get better results with a looser pack that has eluded me with Air 2, where a tighter pack gets me thickest, headiest hits. I do like the depth of the bowl now that I'm getting it to perform. Very easy to scoop up a bit of herb and just load with very little tamp - quick and easy peasy with great results. It does have a hot corner, but this is not a complaint, merely an observation on this little powerhouse. Great vape.

Jgott56

Just got my ArGo yesterday and, dang. DANG. You can see what else I have in my signature. Most of you will know that the ArGo is the best out of all of them! (With the arguable exception of the Splinter.) I really regret buying the CFX now, considering I could've spent about $50-60 more and got this ArGo, but eh. Live and learn.

I'm really liking this thing. The main weak points I'm finding are long session times, the display is too small to show much info (it'd be nice to have a sesh countdown timer) and a slower heat-up time than my other vapes. The vapour quality, however, is the best of all the vapes I have. The flavour's very pure and I barely cough even at 220°C. The almost complete lack of throat death compared to my other vapes made me just hit and hit and hit this thing last night. I've got a ton of 18650s (about 10-15) so I've got enough power here to last me a long time, haha!

Issues, though; I'm not being able to get the ABV very dark. I see elsewhere in this thread that ABV doesn't get very dark with this thing but mine's ending up between medium brown and hay brown, usually on the darker end. Does that sound like I'm getting enough out of the ABV or should I be doing something differently? My CFX can cook it until it's almost coffee bean brown.

All in all though, this is an awesome little unit. I wish I'd just shelled out the money for it instead of going with lower-end units.

Edit: Do you guys generally get 4-6 hits out of each temperature step, if you start at about 170°C and increase by 5°C each time you run out of vapour? If I start higher I get more hits out of each temp level but I know some of the valuable stuff is being lost when I start high so I generally don't.

yup. That’s my only issue with it as well. I’d prefer to get another 2-3 hits off the material and have it get a bit more brown.

i think using the dosage baskets help get a little more out of it.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Argo gets better every day. I love the long black and clear stems, I've hacked a dome screen to fit. Love the beeps, love the screen, love the buttons, love that I can set it on 15 minutes, love that I can turn it on it 2 seconds. I am still experimenting with loading, tamping, and temp surfing.

Let me give you a live report:
  • Just loaded a nice medium grind / tamp level 6 (1-10) / unit set at 15 minutes and 195C
  • The first 4 or 5 hits (sips) are thick, I slowly, purposefully pull only as much as I can handle without irritation on each hit. I could probably stop here and be good, but I'm a pot head.
  • Draw feels wide open for the speed I need to draw at, kinda slow.
  • We're five minutes in, going slow, and I just bumped to 200 and wait like 30 seconds
  • I'm rewarded with more, slightly toastier hits (sips) follow - at least 6 or 7
  • By now, getting a really good buzz, feeling it creep in, saturate my system, it's as if Arizer vapes can *saturate* me like nothing else, albeit slower than on-demand, and I feel this comes from a more thorough access to the full spectrum of cannibinoids with the right approach
  • As I'm writing the 15 minute timer went off before I had a chance to cycle through all temps. I turned the unit back on and maxed out temp, got another 10 pulls. I can't seem to kill this bowl, and the battery level barely budged.
Very impressive performance. I think the longer, narrower Argo stem and oven just cook a little differently than Air 2 or Solo 2, and I like it. Seems to fit just right... Thanks @OF and all who recommended this *cool* little unit.

Notice no mention of clouds. Clouds were there, but I wasn't really paying attention. Vapor thickness, fullness, smoothness, and effect on me, were top notch. I think I was able to access every drop of goodness that little .1 gram had to offer, in this, or any other vape. Nice job.

Last edited:

LabPong

Very impressive performance. I think the longer, narrower Argo stem and oven just cook a little differently than Air 2 or Solo 2, and I like it.

Yes....because of the shape and size of the load.....it will extract differently than the other 2 arizers.

I find that a light tamp....not much ...then 90% full load works best. I usually do 10 mins at 378F and kill the load easily. But I only go through water....so I use a wpa in a smaller rig...like an ash catcher with a j-hook.....my fav for this vape.

argoRig.jpg

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Yes....because of the shape and size of the load.....it will extract differently than the other 2 arizers.

I find that a light tamp....not much ...then 0% full load works best. I usually do 10 mins at 378F and kill the load easily. But I only go through water....so I use a wpa in a smaller rig...like an ash catcher with a j-hook.....my fav for this vape.
I find i can stop at lower temps, actually satisfied, but I can get a few more pulls if I bump up. Of course taste drops off as you get to higher temps. Very versatile. I do think this new oven / stem shape has some big potential.

Bravesst,
Reactions: OF

OF

The volumes of Solo/Air stems are the same as ArGo but the surface area is larger. A sphere would be 'worst case' (smallest surface for the volume) which is why planets and raindrops are that shape. It's also why fat people have trouble losing weight sometimes and why tiny mammals (like mice) have to eat so much relative to their weight. Heat transfer depends on the surface area.

ArGo, being conduction, shares this I think. A larger percentage of the load is at the same distance from the nearest wall, therefore 'vaped to the same level'? The opposite of what you'd expect if it really was convection. The difference is small, but is real and useful I think. And importantly, repeatable.

Fun stuff.

OF

jds

I've been using my new ArGo for the past few days now. It is definitely a great little vape. It reminds me a lot of the Air, but in a tiny package. It's a nice change for when I'm out of the house. It looks so inconspicuous that no one cares even if I'm using it around people.

OF

My pic above disappeared for some reason :)

V3os5DC.jpg

It has to do with the hosting server you're using it seems. This forum saves money/bandwidth by making each guy's computer that reads the page the post is on to go to that server to get the photo. Guys who run the servers seem to object to that......go figure.

If you hit 'reply' the photo appears, it's in this response above. The 'fix' seems to be to use a service that doesn't do this. All the photos I've posted (perhaps a hundred) disappeared this way. There's a thread on it (although it might not be up to date):
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/

OF

OF,
Reactions: bm96

bm96

It has to do with the hosting server you're using it seems. This forum saves money/bandwidth by making each guy's computer that reads the page the post is on to go to that server to get the photo. Guys who run the servers seem to object to that......go figure.

If you hit 'reply' the photo appears, it's in this response above. The 'fix' seems to be to use a service that doesn't do this. All the photos I've posted (perhaps a hundred) disappeared this way. There's a thread on it (although it might not be up to date):
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/

OF

Ah damn. What service did you find that works?

bm96,
Reactions: OF

OF

Ah damn. What service did you find that works?

I didn't bother. I've been on FC so long it's happened twice to me. Hundreds of photos carefully described, lost. IMO I'd be even more stupid to do it again? AFAIK there is none that you don't have to continue to support (pay for each month forever) that will do what's normally done on the computer that hosts the text.

There are suggestions somewhere ('Tiny URL' sticks in my mind) but IMO they too will fail eventually.

Here's over 100 posts on not using IMJUR:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/please-stop-using-imgur.33374/

Sad to say.

OF

OF,
Reactions: bm96
Top Bottom