OF

Gentle Friends,

A possible 'off the shelf' cap for ArGo occurred to me, they are also made in square and rectangular form and used to cap tubes. So I measured mine, it's a 'close enough for jazz' fit to 1 X 2 inch standard size.
E-Bay sells 'em (go figure) as no doubt outfits like McMaster Carr. I'll let you know how it works when mine get here.......
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-x2-Vinyl-End-Cap-Rectangular-Rectangle-2x1-2-x-1-Cover-Plastic-Rubber-Tube/142025521195?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=1&asc=20160908110712&meid=e3e01b666bbb4c73809d0e8b95028d88&pid=100677&rk=3&rkt=30&sd=142025521195&_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598

OF

Gentle Friends,

I just got the above caps (I ordered two) from EBay, and in a word: BINGO!!!

2NaxN8V.jpg

Fits like it was designed for the job. Those looking for such a cap/cover will be pleased. I'm not sure how complete the smell containment will be but would think it's at least as good as a stem cap? Even color coordinated........

Now to find the charger for the camera battery.......lucky I had a charged spare with it.....

OF

This thread is too quiet for a newly released vaporizer from a top company. Does that mean that everyone are too high to comment or that noone buys this one?
Well, my Argo came to me a few days ago so I’ve had the pleasure to have a few sessions with it. I love this thing. I don’t have much to compare it to since I don’t own any vapes other than the MFLB but this thing is extremely portable with quality vapor I’ve never experienced before. Still experimenting with temperatures and draw techniques but my first impressions are nothing but positive. I have a low/med tolerance and one loaded stem really got me um..feeling good. Going to try the screens that were recommended on here that limit the load for times I want to just use less.

@vapingpenguin
I don't use a screen, I just pack in a little less. Has worked great so far. I use the included stirring tool to tamp the load a bit.
I haven’t done that but will try it tonight. With these type of vapes can you take a couple draws turn it off and then take some draws later? Or does most the extraction happen the first time you heat it? I know it’s not conventional or efficient but just was wondering about that last time I had to abruptly stop in the middle of a session

vapingpenguin,
Reactions: OF

OF

I haven’t done that but will try it tonight. With these type of vapes can you take a couple draws turn it off and then take some draws later?

Yes, it's possible, common and popular with some/many owners. It gets discussed a lot on Solo/Air threads (probably too early to get a lot of play here).

Some folks pull the stem and take a 'dry hit' to kill production promptly.

OF

Edit: I should have had more confidence (or checked first), but yes, this too has come up on this thread several times...........you really should read the thread......

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-argo.25853/page-15#post-1200084
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-argo.25853/page-15#post-1200084
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-argo.25853/page-15#post-1200078
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-argo.25853/page-10#post-1197350

OF

Last edited:

jay87

This vape is definitely on the shortlist for my next purchase :luv:

Arizer quality, removable 18650, stem loaded, with good vapor quality seems to check all the boxes that I'm looking for in a new portable.

Can anyone comment on cleaning the argo heater area?

I haven't heard of anyone having issues with herb getting stuck down there but that's basically my only concern about the argo.

Looks like a great addition to any collection :brow:

OF

Can anyone comment on cleaning the argo heater area?

I had no troubles at all. I easily brushed out what little there was with a 'test tube' brush that came with another vape. I had to extend the handle a bit to reach the bottom, I'm sure I'll find a better fit, but it's not a big deal IMO.

The only real problems with Solo/Air were with debris collecting under it (not possible here?) and discoloration of the cup (and this one is really too far inside to see at all well......not that discoloration really matters anyway?).

Then again, such things (like 'clean') can be subjective, some folks are mighty fussy you know.

OF

datayoda

New to vaping and this is my second purchase. My first was a mistvape touch. Well.... the Arizer Go is soooo much better for a newbie like me. The heating is much more even, and zero burns. With the mistvape I keep burning it and end up smoking it. When I get a vape out of that thing, the flavors are nearly identical. For me the ArGo is cooler tasting and I get high quicker. Also love the form factor. The mistvape does have an amazing custom wood feel that is very unique and in the right hands probably is better for an experienced vapor. But for a newbie like me the ArGo is perfect. Only wish the tube had a cap for when in the device to keep lint out and the weed smell concealed when out and about with a loaded stem.

Cleaning is super easy too. Much easier than for the mistvape because there is nor metal screens in the tubes. The heater area seems easy too but I have not had the need to clean it, only tapped some material out and it dropped right off.

datayoda

what is everybody using as their go-to temperature in this device? I did 390F for my first bowl but wonder if others are finding a sweet spot.

OF

what is everybody using as their go-to temperature in this device? I did 390F for my first bowl but wonder if others are finding a sweet spot.

Not many of us using ArGo yet I think? But we can guess based on the Solo/Air experience. I'd say we'll end up in 3 groups. There will be those who crave taste who will favor 365F or so, perhaps 'bumping up' later on? Then there will be the truly serious. They wick the fire up to the top, say 428F, and really honk on it. Many of them using water. In the middle are us sippers, around the 390F you cite. Compromise. 390F is probably a good starting point for unknown vapes. It's generally the center step (Step 4 on Solo I, 3 on Air I).

But it's highly subjective. You should find what works best for you. And expect strain and cure (dryness) to effect that some?

OF

whateverman

Alright. So the argo has been on my mind for some weeks now, and I think I'm about to finally buy it. What would you recommend buying in addition to the argo? different batteries, stems, etc. ? Does anyone have an arizer.com coupon ?

whateverman,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place

When I have time and it's warm enough out at my vape station (back porch) I start sessions around 370F and finish around 410F.

Since it's been cooler out I mostly do a quick 7 minute session on 405F so I guess you could say that's my sweet spot with the Go.

RUDE BOY,

whateverman

Sorry for flooding the thread with posts but I wonder, can anyone compare the vapor quality in the Argo versus the original Solo ? I'd like to know if it's improved greatly since I have the original one still going strong after 3 years of frequent use!

whateverman,

OF

Sorry for flooding the thread with posts but I wonder, can anyone compare the vapor quality in the Argo versus the original Solo ? I'd like to know if it's improved greatly since I have the original one still going strong after 3 years of frequent use!

This too has been discussed. While I think there may be some very small change in the timing of the load I'm alone in that so far.

I'm confident the consensus thus far is for practical purposes they are the same. As I said before 'if you like Solo/Air, you'll like ArGo'. I meant it.

Our man Stones has posted as much as well IIRC. He's be right too, IMO. I think Bill's in there too?

You really should read this thread I think.........

OF

whateverman

Thank you for your answer OF! After thinking about the Argo more than I'd like to admit I made the move and purchased one, with additional two stems. I had contacted Arizer and got FAST response, like 30 minutes. I asked them to make sure the latest changes (such as firmware) will be applied to the device I will be getting, and the response was that they are restocking their inventory constantly so that the people who ordered will get the most updated devices.
I love you Arizer.

Lamont

Well after reading through this entire thread and looking at the online videos available so far, I decided to pull the trigger on the ArGo last week as well. I’ve been looking to upgrade from my Boundless CFX to something more stealthy, better flavor, and easier to clean, and the ArGo seems to be a good fit for my needs

With any luck I should have it in my hands tomorrow! I’ll be sure to share my impressions. Thanks to everyone who has shared so much information so far!

Kermitt

Arizer ArGO:

Pro:
- Easy to clean (Glass arome tube over night with Alcohol in a DynaVap-tube)
- Very good flavor (and that not only at the beginning of the session)
- Strong changeable battery power
- Reliability
- Light in weight and simple menu navigation
- works perfect for at home and on the way
- relaxed vaping (if you want)
- easy to use
- etc.

Contra:
- Why is the session time not displayed? Can such an update come later? (would be nice)
- I would also prefer to have the battery indicator displayed in percentages (not quite as important)

All in all, I am really thrilled. As you can see from my signature, this is my first Arizer device. I've never spontaneously spent so much money on a vaporizer, I never regretted it for a second. Absolute buy recommendation.
This device is also suitable for beginners. On my next holiday trip the ArGo will definitely be there. Just like on the next pub crawl, or at home at the desk.

That the top is moveable is not necessary in my opinion. I'm not using it. The little bit of glass, which sticks out, I can cover it with a silicone cap, which is included in the delivery.

Despite the other vaporizers I have here, I will use the ArGO regularly too. I am very happy with the ArGO

Last edited:
Top Bottom