• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Air II

sickmanfraud

I know folks are waiting for their favorite websites (PIU & PV & POV) to get stock.

I just want to point out the price has been fixed and shows a $239 price tag.

Folks not in North America may be better off paying the $239 to buy directly from Arizer since Arizer is offering FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE.

Arizer.com also gives you a choice of plug for the charger depending on where you live.

jdent3

I said pretty much the same thing in a much more inclusive (rambling....) way. You did a better job I think, using far less words.

What you say is true, anyone with one can confirm it. Still the 'news' to the contrary seems alive.

"Must be true, I read it on the web".

OF
Hopefully the Air 2 is isolated because Arizer actually lists it as having an isolated airpath whereas the Solo 2 says pure vapor path.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Hopefully the Air 2 is isolated because Arizer actually lists it as having an isolated airpath whereas the Solo 2 says pure vapor path.
Why don't to email Arizer and ask questions? Nobody or hardly anyone has the Air 2 yet.

Andy @PuffItUp tore the Solo 2 apart and showed folks what it looked like. It's about 98% isolated. I think folks wanted an easier draw? Maybe that's why? The whole isolated airpath has been talked at length in the Solo 2 thread.
Start a new thread regarding air path. Ask which units have an isolated airpath.

Last edited:

jdent3

Why don't to email Arizer and ask questions? Nobody or hardly anyone has the Air 2 yet.

Andy @PuffItUp tore the Solo 2 apart and showed folks what it looked like. It's about 98% isolated. I think folks wanted an easier draw? Maybe that's why? The whole isolated airpath has been talked at length in the Solo 2 thread.
Start a new thread regarding air path. Ask which units have an isolated airpath.

I will wait for someone to tear theirs apart when they are released. I don't need to start a new thread I was merely answering a previous poster who was under the impression the Solo 2 had a pure airpath. I'm well aware of what units have an isolated airpath.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This new Air would be great if it holds temp better over a draw. Been using my original Air the last few days, it's really not a bad vaporizer with a proper heat soak. Can't beat the maintenance schedule on these things, that's for sure.

OF

This new Air would be great if it holds temp better over a draw. Been using my original Air the last few days, it's really not a bad vaporizer with a proper heat soak. Can't beat the maintenance schedule on these things, that's for sure.

It would indeed. But I don't think that's happened on the Solo I/II upgrade? At least not significantly enough to get rave reviews (or even notice.....). There are a few things that can be done to improve this, but they (of course) have drawbacks.

Increasing the 'thermal mass' of the cup so it's temperature doesn't drop as fast (and can supply heat longer therefore) will help, but then heat up time suffers and temperature control becomes a bit harder since that delay needs to be factored in to keep top efficiency. And the oven gets bigger/heavier.

Moving the sensor closer to the load helps, but has serious mechanical problems. The fact that the indicator shows ready when the load is not hot enough to make vapor demonstrates the 'disconnect' here?

More sophisticated controls ("PID") can be used to sense the drop and fire the heater up in advance and keep adding more power over time. You can see part of this function (the I part?) in the cruse control of your car when it hits a hill. It keeps using more and more throttle (the P part, Proportional) in an effort to keep the rate of loss of speed (the D part) in line, anticipating if you will. But I think the above two factors (already existing thermal mass and 'disconnect' between sensor and load) prevent most of this. The downside is you 'go the wrong way', and trying to be faster causes you to oscillate violently (heater full on, full off, full on, full off......rather that smooth). In airplanes the wings fall of next.

It'll be fun to see, of course, but I bet if it could be done reasonably it would be there already?

"Life is full of compromises, you might have less hair to comb, but you've got more forehead to wash".

So...not isolated? Almost only counts in hand grenades and horse shoes.

As they say, "there's the rub". It's a slippery slope indeed. Many are happy at escaping the obvious poison of combustion and see this as trivial.

OTOH, there are those for whom the chance of even the smallest amount is too much. We see this in many areas of life these days.

And lots in between, of course. To the zero tolerance guys I'm still kind of curious about how they feel about say cell phones? Holding the electronics under your nose and all. Not to mention the radiation (several European studies on that one, much more serious than 'power line EMF pollution)........

Fun stuff. Sometimes. IMO the design of the entire line is safe in this respect, but I think I've said as much a few times?

OF

Last edited:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
It would indeed. But I don't think that's happened on the Solo I/II upgrade? At least not significantly enough to get rave reviews (or even notice.....). There are a few things that can be done to improve this, but they (of course) have drawbacks.

Increasing the 'thermal mass' of the cup so it's temperature doesn't drop as fast (and can supply heat longer therefore) will help, but then heat up time suffers and temperature control becomes a bit harder since that delay needs to be factored in to keep top efficiency. And the oven gets bigger/heavier.

Moving the sensor closer to the load helps, but has serious mechanical problems. The fact that the indicator shows ready when the load is not hot enough to make vapor demonstrates the 'disconnect' here?

More sophisticated controls ("PID") can be used to sense the drop and fire the heater up in advance and keep adding more power over time. You can see part of this function (the I part?) in the cruse control of your car when it hits a hill. It keeps using more and more throttle (the P part, Proportional) in an effort to keep the rate of loss of speed (the D part) in line, anticipating if you will. But I think the above two factors (already existing thermal mass and 'disconnect' between sensor and load) prevent most of this. The downside is you 'go the wrong way', and trying to be faster causes you to oscillate violently (heater full on, full off, full on, full off......rather that smooth). In airplanes the wings fall of next.

It'll be fun to see, of course, but I bet if it could be done reasonably it would be there already?

"Life is full of compromises, you might have less hair to comb, but you've got more forehead to wash".

As they say, "there's the rub". It's a slippery slope indeed. Many are happy at escaping the obvious poison of combustion and see this as trivial.

OTOH, there are those for whom the chance of even the smallest amount is too much. We see this in many areas of life these days.

And lots in between, of course. To the zero tolerance guys I'm still kind of curious about how they feel about say cell phones? Holding the electronics under your nose and all. Not to mention the radiation (several European studies on that one, much more serious than 'power line EMF pollution)........

Fun stuff. Sometimes. IMO the design of the entire line is safe in this respect, but I think I've said as much a few times?

OF
Agreed I don't personally have a problem with any of Arizer's devices, (I think they're great) but it is either isolated or it isnt, and it isn't.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: OF

OF

I'm curious to hear how the battery life fares against the Solo 2, especially now that the Solo 2 is smaller.

Air II will be heating the same basic oven to do the same basic job as Solo II. Assuming it's using a single 18650 of the same type (capacity) as the two in Solo II it will drive that oven half as long. Say 6 sessions from 12 in Solo II?

Or you can go the other way, the new 18650 (with 50% more capacity) will no doubt give about 50% more sessions (like the 50% increase in Solo) so what was four sessions per charge can now be six (again).

No magic, heat takes power in the same manner no matter the source. Like putting a larger gas tank on your car? You still have the same MPG but you can go longer between fill ups.

OF

OF

I sent Arizer an e-mail but my Arizer Solo 2 keeps saying error5 and then shutting off.

Unfortunate, but I think on the wrong Forum? The Solo II guys would probably be more interested?

Good luck with it, replacement seems the only fix that works.

OF

exime

Unfortunate, but I think on the wrong Forum? The Solo II guys would probably be more interested?

Good luck with it, replacement seems the only fix that works.

OF

Oops you're right. wrong forum. I was hoping it would just take a factory reset. Bummer.

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
Has anyone gotten one from Arizer yet? I'm dying to watch a review video or something! I'm very excited at the digital temp control, i know its not very new tech but i think every vape should have it since different strains have different moisture levels meaning you may need to level up or down a bit, which really can't be done effectively on vapes with preset temps. I have begun using my Arizer Air more frequently kinda hoping it shows some signs of slowing down so i can convince myself to pull the trigger on the Air II.

Jimmer144,
Reactions: BigJr48
lMACrwM.jpg

eVkDXf4.jpg

MTKWyGW.jpg

More images (and a quick heat up comparison)
https://imgur.com/a/2geah

Early first impressions. If you've used the original Arizer Air you will find the Arizer Air II familiar. They are nearly identical in size and shape. The Air II feels a bit heavier but that might just be me. The USB port on the back is a welcome change but I can't help but wish it was USB-C.

Heat up time to the original Air's max temperature (410°F) is about 11 seconds faster on the Air II taking about 1:30 to heat up to the max temperature of 428°F. I would have thought there would have been more improvement in heat up time but there is still a small improvement over the original Air. This test was done with two fully charged batteries. I used the original Air battery in the original Air and the new battery in the Air II. Hitting the Air II through glass was a big improvment however. I could not get the temperature to flinch whatsoever and damn does it hit hard through glass. I will probably do a few more heat up tests once I have used the Air II a bit more.

Draw resistance is seriously improved as well. I imagine that's due to the larger intake holes in the oven. If I had to put a number on it I would say it's half as restrictive as the original Air. There's not much to say about this but it is by far my favourite improvement.

They are using off the shelf batteries this time around too. I picked up two batteries with my order and threw one on my Nitecore i2 and one in the device plugged into an outlet. Charging through the device was about twice as fast as using my Nitecore i2 which was a big surprise to me. I am going to have to do some more research there.

Overall, I am pretty happy with the improvements that the Arizer Air II brings to the table. The screen is a welcome addition and I really like the customizable settings. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them!

Top Bottom